ADVERTISEMENT

ALL ABOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But Urban…

200w.gif

What makes any of you think Kiffin will win here the way Spurrier and Meyer did? He failed at Oakland, was a .500 coach at Tennessee and was told by the USC AD to find another way back to Los Angeles after Arizona State hung 64 on his team and lost. He's reached his ceiling at Ole Miss and will only produce 8-9 win seasons in Gainesville. If he can't win at SC, he won't win squat at UF.

Reactions: LordofallSocks
I
What makes any of you think Kiffin will win here the way Spurrier and Meyer did? He failed at Oakland, was a .500 coach at Tennessee and was told by the USC AD to find another way back to Los Angeles after Arizona State hung 64 on his team and lost. He's reached his ceiling at Ole Miss and will only produce 8-9 win seasons in Gainesville. If he can't win at SC, he won't win squat at UF.
Will take Kiffin over the trash we have had here since Meyer.

I actually think he learned a lot from those flops. If he can win at Old Mrs. and FAU or FIU whatever it was, then you can believe he will win here.

Reactions: TEBOW TIME
Disagree if it gets us a coach that can actually compete.
There are many ways to get a coach. There is no reason why uga loading up on talent would get him to leave. I’m not even sure how that logic works out. I’ve never known a coach to leave a job bc another school had too much talent, only to take a job with that school’s biggest rival. If that logic worked, then why not root for a team they play more, like Miss state, to suddenly load up on talent.

There is no reason to root for uga ever unless they’re playing f$u.

Reactions: gatordad3
There are many ways to get a coach. There is no reason why uga loading up on talent would get him to leave. I’m not even sure how that logic works out. I’ve never known a coach to leave a job bc another school had too much talent, only to take a job with that school’s biggest rival. If that logic worked, then why not root for a team they play more, like Miss state, to suddenly load up on talent.

If Lane thinks he will never have the overall talent at Ole Miss to win the SEC or a playoff it could effect his decision for sure imo.

I knew you would come through with that last sentence.

If Lane thinks he will never have the overall talent at Ole Miss to win the SEC or a playoff it could affect his decision for sure imo.
That’s a stretch, and again, there’s no reason to root for uga. I’ve never heard of a coach leaving a school bc another school that isnt a rival was amassing talent so they could go to that school’s biggest rival. If he was going to leave bc another school had too much talent why wouldn’t one they play more often be the one he runs from? And further, would you want a coach who is so afraid of competition they leave their job? That idea doesn’t really make any logical sense on numerous levels.

That’s a stretch, and again, there’s no reason to root for uga. I’ve never heard of a coach leaving a school bc another school that isnt a rival was amassing talent so they could go to that school’s biggest rival. If he was going to leave bc another school had too much talent why wouldn’t one they play more often be the one he runs from? And further, would you want a coach who is so afraid of competition they leave their job? That idea doesn’t really make any logical sense on numerous levels.

It does make sense imo. If you think you are somewhere that is limiting your chance. Of course I would rather Ole Miss beat GA but if they don't I hope Georgia pounds them bad for that reason.

It does make sense imo. If you think you are somewhere that is limiting your chance. Of course I would rather Ole Miss beat GA but if they don't I hope Georgia pounds them bad for that reason.
I have never heard of that happening. Evwr. But again… why wouldn’t you want someone else to pound on them? Literally anyone else? Wouldn’t it be worse for him if he felt like he would never be able to compete with miss state, who he plays every year? Or any other team they play? There is absolutely no reason to root for uga. If you want Lane, he’s not going to change jobs out of embarrassment. If he wants to come here? I would hope it’s bc he wants to be the coach at UF. I don’t want uga playing any role in anything that goes on with us. If a coach were going to leave after having that lesson taught to them, wouldn’t norvell be an OC at bama or Texas or something? I just don’t think a single game against a team that isn’t in any way a rival is going to affect his decision one way or another, esp since it’s clear they can get talent at ole Miss.

I think Lane was my first choice but I thought Napier wasnt a bad pick. He showed he isnt capable of coaching in the SEC though.

Billy was popular on “recruiting sites” who used to follow him as an assistant at Bama and Clemson.

I turned on Billy after he brought his G5 staff right after I watched Frost make that same mistake at Nebraska

I have never heard of that happening. Evwr. But again… why wouldn’t you want someone else to pound on them? Literally anyone else? Wouldn’t it be worse for him if he felt like he would never be able to compete with miss state, who he plays every year? Or any other team they play? There is absolutely no reason to root for uga. If you want Lane, he’s not going to change jobs out of embarrassment. If he wants to come here? I would hope it’s bc he wants to be the coach at UF. I don’t want uga playing any role in anything that goes on with us. If a coach were going to leave after having that lesson taught to them, wouldn’t norvell be an OC at bama or Texas or something? I just don’t think a single game against a team that isn’t in any way a rival is going to affect his decision one way or another, esp since it’s clear they can get talent at ole Miss.

I think GA is the only team on their schedule that could happen possibly - pre-SECCG and Playoff. Quite a few people think Lane can never win a championship there as he will never have a deep enough roster like the GAs and Bamas etc. Maybe we will find out this year as I doubt he ever has this much talent again at Ole Miss.

Billy was popular on “recruiting sites” who used to follow him as an assistant at Bama and Clemson.

I turned on Billy after he brought his G5 staff right after I watched Frost make that same mistake at Nebraska
Good point. Ocala and a couple of others on here pointed out how bad he stunk at Clemson as an offensive coordinator. It's big boy football and he should have hired a big boy staff along with a true play calling offensive coordinator. Hopefully it will all be over soon, Good news is there is a staff of 100 to pick from as an interim coach..

Good point. Ocala and a couple of others on here pointed out how bad he stunk at Clemson as an offensive coordinator. It's big boy football and he should have hired a big boy staff along with a true play calling offensive coordinator. Hopefully it will all be over soon, Good news is there is a staff of 100 to pick from as an interim coach..

When Danny was still around he was pissed at me for criticizing Billy. But I pulled up his offense at ULL and it was literally a middle school offense. Billy recruited well enough in the Sun Belt to win, but he was never a very good coach.

Again, all stuff I would go back in look up if I cared enough to spend the time🤣

In that situation I root for a tactical nuke.

I feel pretty naive now thinking it wasn't that bad of a hire when we didn't go after Lane. The people that said his offense was a joke and wouldn't work in the SEC ended up being right.

That was all pre-NIL era. Kiffin strikes me as someone that is great for this new semi-pro NIL money era with his personality and his combo college and pro head coaching experience.

That was all pre-NIL era. Kiffin strikes me as someone that is great for this new semi-pro NIL money era with his personality and his combo college and pro head coaching experience.

Yep NIL helps and Kiffin has shown he can build good offenses. Brought Bama to the modern age as OC when they were forced to adapt finally and what he is doing at Ole Miss.

Yep NIL helps and Kiffin has shown he can build good offenses. Brought Bama to the modern age as OC when they were forced to adapt finally and what he is doing at Ole Miss.

I think the boosters have been pretty clear that we aren’t making another “smartest guy in the room” hire. People can love it and hate it, but I believe Lane will be strongly considered.

My daughter goes to Ole Miss and we go to Ole Miss games and Lane is treated like royalty at Oxford. He gets to do his own thing and say whatever he wants to on Twitter. The football players love him cause hes a players coach and the town does too. As long as he wins 8-10 games a year than they are tickled. Gonna take a fat check to get him to come to Gainesville.

Reactions: sadgator
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT