ADVERTISEMENT

4* CB Avery Helm committed

#19 CB Avery Helim 6-2 170 **** - Missouri, TX (247 #26 CB ****)
Offers: UA, AU, UGly, LSU, Miz, Ms, Tn -- Az, Colo, Hou, MichSt, Minn, TxTech

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Another Rivals250 defensive back has opted to join in on the fun at the University of Florida, with Avery Helm now verbally committed after stepping into the national spotlight on Sunday. The 6-foot-2 170-pound Helm was in Gainesville last month for a multi-day visit, and as GT first reported this morning, he will be returning for another multi-day visit starting next Friday, placing him in the Swamp for the Orange and Blue Game as well.

"First, they are one of the best academic schools or the best academic school in the SEC right now," Helm previously told GatorsTerritory. "That's one thing I like and I can get a degree from here and take it anywhere.

"Then on the field, you know the reputation they have for their defensive backs, so that's already said and stood for. It's just an all-around great place. It's pretty much the same kind of setup. It felt like home and everything felt comfortable."

Scouting Report Here:

https://florida.rivals.com/news/riv...finds-no-reason-to-wait-teams-up-with-florida

I see Florida's 2020 class is ranked #5 and Georgia's class is ranked #10.

That didn't take long. Does GatorFever know this?
Go back and look at where we were this time the last two recruiting cycles. Don’t be silly, closers close, and Kirby is a closer. Mullen will never out recruit Kirby. Gators will drop, dawgs will rise.

Go back and look at where we were this time the last two recruiting cycles. Don’t be silly, closers close, and Kirby is a closer. Mullen will never out recruit Kirby. Gators will drop, dawgs will rise.
Go back and look where UF was at this time last year in recruiting. People were panicking in April.

I tend to agree with you, Kirby is the recruiter, Mullen is the coach.

The 2020-2021 recruiting classes will be elite. Jamar Chaney and Keiwan Ratliff were huge additions to the support staff.

Doesn't really matter, Mullen is one of the best in the nation at developing offensive talent.

Kirby, on the other hand.....loses a 5-star QB every year cause he doesn't know what to do with him.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Doesn't really matter, Mullen is one of the best in the nation at developing offensive talent.

Kirby, on the other hand.....loses a 5-star QB every year cause he doesn't know what to do with him.
Mullen is going to have elite talent as well

This Dan guy may not be such a poor recruiter after all. Imagine that, he is doing better at Florida than Starkville:D

Reactions: PacoGator19

Please. Bama has been a revolving door of QBs. And the genius sat Tua for a year.

Please. Bama has been a revolving door of QBs. And the genius sat Tua for a year.
I’m not quite sure what this means?? Just about every position in college football is revolving door isn’t it? Kids can only play 4 years and the real good ones less than that. Constant turnover.

You’ll finish in that 8-10 spot again. Not bad, definitely not great.
That's contrary to popular belief. It depends on how that class shaped up. Did you star chase just to get a high ranking or did you sign players to fill needs? Similar to how Kiffin did at USC and Butch at UT.

If you had a year you needed to sign both a kicker and a punter and several OL, the class would not rate high on paper.

Where does Clemson average rank the past 5-6 years under Dabo?

Which is another solid positive for a Top 5 Gator class, going by your accuracy on past pre-dic-tions.... :cool:

11514%20-%20animated_gif%20charlton_heston%20laughing%20planet_of_the_apes%20reaction_image.gif

That's contrary to popular belief. It depends on how that class shaped up. Did you star chase just to get a high ranking or did you sign players to fill needs? Similar to how Kiffin did at USC and Butch at UT.

If you had a year you needed to sign both a kicker and a punter and several OL, the class would not rate high on paper.

Where does Clemson average rank the past 5-6 years under Dabo?

But Dabo can develop players.

I’m not quite sure what this means?? Just about every position in college football is revolving door isn’t it? Kids can only play 4 years and the real good ones less than that. Constant turnover.
So tell
That to the bammer that made the point about QBs leaving Georgia. Pretty sure he has me on fake ignore.

Another great pickup. The 2020 class is shaping up to be top 5.

Fever is currently both happy with the current Top 5 composite, and anxious that it'll be over tomorrow lol.

On a serious note, Mullen didn't come out of the gate with crazy recruiting numbers but is showing consistent and steady progress, year by year. This year's class should be Top 5 which means you gotta get a guy like Bowman and other top FL recruits. I think we have a really good shot at Top 5 and we do need to hit that mark.

Fever is currently both happy with the current Top 5 composite, and anxious that it'll be over tomorrow lol.

On a serious note, Mullen didn't come out of the gate with crazy recruiting numbers but is showing consistent and steady progress, year by year. This year's class should be Top 5 which means you gotta get a guy like Bowman and other top FL recruits. I think we have a really good shot at Top 5 and we do need to hit that mark.

As long as Mullen gets the guys he wants, I could care less what the "experts" think. I want to win titles in January, not February. Having said that, the services are at least smart enough to recognize great athleticism, so there will be some commonality between the two.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT