ADVERTISEMENT

3rd Rep Debate...

That still wouldn’t make you a conservative nickel. Which god would I pick?? Why would “god” send one of his creations to an awful place?? The entire thing is so ridiculous it’s comical. Fear, and yes, it’s fear, that makes you believe in such gibberish
Hey...I am not trying to convert you. NEVER has been my gig, and I believe everyone has to make their own choice. You just had better hope you picked properly

• Haha
Reactions: Mdfgator
That still wouldn’t make you a conservative nickel. Which god would I pick?? Why would “god” send one of his creations to an awful place?? The entire thing is so ridiculous it’s comical. Fear, and yes, it’s fear, that makes you believe in such gibberish
And I do not care what name you want to call me...conservative...whatever. I am who I am.

Hey...I am not trying to convert you. NEVER has been my gig, and I believe everyone has to make their own choice. You just had better hope you picked properly
Choose what? To be a straight white man? To be intelligent? Athletic? Devastatingly handsome?

Since I was at the #GOPDebate last night, I was unable to share my thoughts in real time, I'm going to do something different. By now, a lot of people much smarter than me have already given their debate thoughts/grades. So what I want to do is give you my thoughts of what you may have missed from inside the auditorium instead:1) I was seated right between the wives of Ron DeSantis and Vivek Ramaswamy, so I had one of the best seats in the house to truly get a feel for the room. 2) Ron's opening and closing statements were the biggest applause lines he received. He has really improved during the course of this campaign in crafting a message/narrative. He's always been excellent on policy. 3) Vivek then captured the audience with his masterful turn on the media in the open, specifically the NBC family of networks, for pushing outright lies like "Russian collusion." However, the audience really turned on him during the TikTok conversation when he talked about Nikki Haley's daughter. That was, by far, the most negative the audience was the entire evening. I had no idea Haley called him "scum" until after. You couldn't hear that in there the blowback against Vivek was so loud. 4) DeSantis and Vivek were chummy and chatted during each break. Ditto for Haley and Christie. Scott was off on his own all night long. 5) During the debate off-camera, Haley and Christie frequently looked at each other with eye rolls and shrugs at Vivek and DeSantis. The first time Vivek attacked Haley, she and Christie looked at each other like, "This (bleeping) guy." Haley was clearly shook at one point by Vivek's hammering. 6) In terms of substance I thought these were the best moderators we've had yet. There were key issues unaddressed, but nothing was silly. This was a mostly adult conversation that everyone had adequate time to discuss. They also kept it mostly clear of petty back-and-forths.7) Scott oddly stood off to the corner of his podium most of the night, like he was threatening to walk out onto the stage. At one point he drifted so far he was off-mic, other times he wandered so much I thought Vivek was going to need to call for a fair catch. Not sure how it played on TV, but Scott and his posture and cadence were just odd. 8) Sadly, the loudest applause line Haley received all night was when she gave the same loser answer on baby-killing every GOP loser has ever given and never works (just like it didn't work again in Virginia on Tuesday night). There is no "coming together" with baby killers. The Stephen Douglas approach never works, but the "party of Lincoln" seemingly refuses to learn this lesson. All that messaging does is diminish your own #ProLife base while gaining nothing from the other side. As one conservative leader sarcastically said to me after the debate about Haley, "That was maybe the most eloquent pro-choice position I've ever heard."

And anyone that disagrees with you is a 'gun nut'.

Have you ever noticed you attempt to project your own shortcomings onto others? With a nonexistent success rate, I might add.
Not true. A lot of people disagree with me about a lot of things but a gun nut is a special breed.

Not true. A lot of people disagree with me about a lot of things but a gun nut is a special breed.
It's simply a coping mechanism you use to internally dismiss dialogue with a group that you fear will expose you to truths about guns that you aren't strong enough to hear.

It's simply a coping mechanism you use to internally dismiss dialogue with a group that you fear will expose you to truths about guns that you aren't strong enough to hear.
ALL because of his democrat roots to bring emotion in the discussion since he has NEVER..not ONE time brought ANY facts. It is EXACTLY the same thing when democrats call us all racists, deplorables, etc when they are getting brow beat in a discussion. EXACT SAME THING

Since I was at the #GOPDebate last night, I was unable to share my thoughts in real time, I'm going to do something different. By now, a lot of people much smarter than me have already given their debate thoughts/grades. So what I want to do is give you my thoughts of what you may have missed from inside the auditorium instead:1) I was seated right between the wives of Ron DeSantis and Vivek Ramaswamy, so I had one of the best seats in the house to truly get a feel for the room. 2) Ron's opening and closing statements were the biggest applause lines he received. He has really improved during the course of this campaign in crafting a message/narrative. He's always been excellent on policy. 3) Vivek then captured the audience with his masterful turn on the media in the open, specifically the NBC family of networks, for pushing outright lies like "Russian collusion." However, the audience really turned on him during the TikTok conversation when he talked about Nikki Haley's daughter. That was, by far, the most negative the audience was the entire evening. I had no idea Haley called him "scum" until after. You couldn't hear that in there the blowback against Vivek was so loud. 4) DeSantis and Vivek were chummy and chatted during each break. Ditto for Haley and Christie. Scott was off on his own all night long. 5) During the debate off-camera, Haley and Christie frequently looked at each other with eye rolls and shrugs at Vivek and DeSantis. The first time Vivek attacked Haley, she and Christie looked at each other like, "This (bleeping) guy." Haley was clearly shook at one point by Vivek's hammering. 6) In terms of substance I thought these were the best moderators we've had yet. There were key issues unaddressed, but nothing was silly. This was a mostly adult conversation that everyone had adequate time to discuss. They also kept it mostly clear of petty back-and-forths.7) Scott oddly stood off to the corner of his podium most of the night, like he was threatening to walk out onto the stage. At one point he drifted so far he was off-mic, other times he wandered so much I thought Vivek was going to need to call for a fair catch. Not sure how it played on TV, but Scott and his posture and cadence were just odd. 8) Sadly, the loudest applause line Haley received all night was when she gave the same loser answer on baby-killing every GOP loser has ever given and never works (just like it didn't work again in Virginia on Tuesday night). There is no "coming together" with baby killers. The Stephen Douglas approach never works, but the "party of Lincoln" seemingly refuses to learn this lesson. All that messaging does is diminish your own #ProLife base while gaining nothing from the other side. As one conservative leader sarcastically said to me after the debate about Haley, "That was maybe the most eloquent pro-choice position I've ever heard."

People didn't like it, but I think Vivek is correct. Haley has preached about being anti TikTok and what she wants to do to stop it, YET, she can't keep her own daughter off of it.

People didn't like it, but I think Vivek is correct. Haley has preached about being anti TikTok and what she wants to do to stop it, YET, she can't keep her own daughter off of it.
Agreed...Vivek needed to point that out. she got away with it because she outsmarted him here..however she still needs o explain why her daughter can use it but other Americans cannot.

Reactions: BCSpell
People didn't like it, but I think Vivek is correct. Haley has preached about being anti TikTok and what she wants to do to stop it, YET, she can't keep her own daughter off of it.a.
When you were 25 (like Haley’s daughter is) did your parents tell you what to do?
Or were you an adult making your own way?
I’m not a Tik Tok follower but the young woman is a full grown adult. Mom can’t ground her or send her to her room.
Vivek was playing a cheap gotcha.

Reactions: GatorTheo
They fight against beliefs with their own beliefs and then call us morons for having faith. The irony is palpable.
I hope you see that RC and his lackey GOMM are really playing games right now.
No one who believes in the Lord is a moron.

When you were 25 (like Haley’s daughter is) did your parents tell you what to do?
I’m not a Tik Tok follower but the young woman is a full grown adult. Mom can’t ground her or send her to her room.
A lot of the experts on children don't have any.

Reactions: goldmom
I hope you see that RC and his lackey GOMM are really playing games right now.
No one who believes in the Lord is a moron.

Again, I understand that you two have beef and I'll never get in the middle of that minefield...

...however, in this case, he's referring to a self-professed atheist who calls people of faith sheep because they don't believe exactly as he does. It's dumb enough to make me laugh tbh.

A lot of the experts on children don't have any.

I don't believe that is what he was saying. I believe he meant, "you preach that Americans should stay off tiktok...yet your own daughter, who is 25, disagrees with you."

I agree with her that Chinese ties to tiktok are dangerous. I disagree with her solution, of course. How about we fix the dangerous part?

Well, IF my MOM was running for POTUS, and she was publicly against something that appears to be a means of the Chinese Government to either spy or just cause problems here, MY MOM wouldn't have to tell me anything, I would be smart enough to know. BUT, if by some chance I wasn't, if she said something, dam straight I would listen and do what was best.

Well, IF my MOM was running for POTUS, and she was publicly against something that appears to be a means of the Chinese Government to either spy or just cause problems here, MY MOM wouldn't have to tell me anything, I would be smart enough to know. BUT, if by some chance I wasn't, if she said something, dam straight I would listen and do what was best.

And if this wasn't the case, if I'm Haley, I admit that my own daughter uses tiktok despite my warnings to the contrary.

My 19yo does crap that she knows I wish she would not regularly. Such is the nature of "raising" adult children.

Reactions: BCSpell and goldmom
Well, IF my MOM was running for POTUS, and she was publicly against something that appears to be a means of the Chinese Government to either spy or just cause problems here, MY MOM wouldn't have to tell me anything, I would be smart enough to know. BUT, if by some chance I wasn't, if she said behind something, dam straight I would listen and do what was best.
And I agree but we have no idea what families say to each other behind closed doors.

I mean look at the idiot Hunter Biden. Heaven knows what’s said to him. In one ear and out the other for sure.

And I agree but we have no idea what families say to each other behind closed doors.

I mean look at the idiot Hunter Biden. Heaven knows what’s said to him. In one ear and out the other for sure.
True, and it would have only worked on me if she was running for POTUS, or some other important or political position.

I mean, Jesus tells us upfront that following Him means you will still have a life of hardship. In fact He tells we will be attacked for simply following Him. So @Mdfgator is actually fulfilling the word of God with his insults here.
Most people are followers ie, sheep. Nothing to be ashamed of my lil non binary friend

Do you believe there was a higher power that allowed this universe to exist or do you think the big bang just happened and we are just the result of the random evolution of atoms?

Do you believe there was a higher power that allowed this universe to exist or do you think the big bang just happened and we are just the result of the random evolution of atoms?

According to many scientists, belief that this was all some sort of accident is even more fantastical than belief in intelligent design.

IOW's, the odds that this was accidental are lower than the odds of an all-powerful being creating it purposely, according to them...meaning that it's more likely that God exists based their understanding of science.

I have no idea, maybe it was Zeus or maybe it was the millions of gods before the Bible was written. I don’t need a book to tell me right from wrong, I am lucky o guess…

I have no idea, maybe it was Zeus or maybe it was the millions of gods before the Bible was written. I don’t need a book to tell me right from wrong, I am lucky o guess…

So you have no definite opinion if there was already some intelligence or if it only came billions of years after a big bang.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
So you have no definite opinion if there was already some intelligence or if it only came billions of years after a big bang.
Anybody who tells you they know something unknowable, like climate change or how the universe starting is up to no good, they are trying to control you. Don’t be a sheep. It’s ok not to know everything.

I don't believe that is what he was saying. I believe he meant, "you preach that Americans should stay off tiktok...yet your own daughter, who is 25, disagrees with you."

I agree with her that Chinese ties to tiktok are dangerous. I disagree with her solution, of course. How about we fix the dangerous part?
EVERYONE should take tictok off of their phone. China has HORRIBLE intentions with this, and it is EASY to see. Most kids are getting their world views from videos made on there. These ae the SAME people protesting Israel that are super progressive, and have NO CLUE that hamas and many muslims will kill ghey people on sight.

• Wow
Reactions: Mdfgator
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT