ADVERTISEMENT

2024 March Madness

gatordad3

Bull Gator
Sep 18, 2011
If anyone is watching the Colorado/Boise State game, neither team has scored 30 at the half.

Maybe first game nerves. Both are a bit underseeded in my opinion. Boise probably should have been a 7 and Colorado and 8. We will have our hands full for sure.

Don't know anything about Boise but Colorado seemed to have a good season with UCLA and USC struggling in their conference.

Colorado has Simpson who will be drafted and Da Silva who can shoot. They play good defense and rebound well. They are built like South Carolina. We will need to control the tempo...which means fast. I don't think they can win a shootout with us, but who knows what we will look like without Micah.

I'll never understand why two 10 seeds have to meet in a play in game. Makes no sense. They were both penalized for good seasons.

Damn! Until another number one seed falls on the 1st Thursday or Friday, Virginia will always be the only number one seed to have that distinction.
If you ask me, the refs and committee felt sorry enough for them to help the Cavs win a championship the next season.

I'll never understand why two 10 seeds have to meet in a play in game. Makes no sense. They were both penalized for good seasons.
Because there are 68 teams. You have to get to 64. So basically the last 4 in plus the teams that are deemed 65-68 rated.

Because there are 68 teams. You have to get to 64. So basically the last 4 in plus the teams that are deemed 65-68 rated.
# 10 seeds are the last 4 in?? I understand the process just not 10 seeds being involved. Let the 16 seeds play the 65-68 ranked teams. Nothing wasted if a 16 loses. The field should have stayed at 64 and the play in games are strictly for $$$.

Reactions: gatordad3
# 10 seeds are the last 4 in?? I understand the process just not 10 seeds being involved. Let the 16 seeds play the 65-68 ranked teams. Nothing wasted if a 16 loses. The field should have stayed at 64 and the play in games are strictly for $$$.
Yes. The reason being is conference champions of smaller conferences take up bid spots. So I wasn't clear on my post, they aren't the worst teams in, but they are the last teams selected so they do the play in games.

SEC off to a rough start. Miss State got dominated by Michigan State and #6 seed South Carolina beaten fairly easily by #10 seed Oregon.

Looks like the conference may have been a tad overrated. Colorado just lost to Oregon, but I believe they beat them twice during the regular season? But I always thought SC was a fluky team. We are going to have our hands full tomorrow. Kenpom has us losing 80-79.

SEC off to a rough start. Miss State got dominated by Michigan State and #6 seed South Carolina beaten fairly easily by #10 seed Oregon.
A former Cock(Jermaine Couisinard) player just scored 40 points for Oregon.

Dayton, led by former Gator assistant Anthony Grant, defeats Nevada, led by Steve Alford. Dayton trailed by 9 at the half but went on a 24-4 run in the 2nd half.

Reactions: Countygator1
Too early to say but Kentucky is out. With 4.9 seconds left, the look on Cheatapari's face says it all.

SEC 0-3 so far. I love watching the underdogs, especially the little guy schools, beat the blue bloods. Go Oakland!!

Maybe our guys will take note of this and come out focused.
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm a little nervous about tomorrow.
So far, the Volunqueers are man handling a team that took out Kentucky last season in the tourney.

I didn't see too much of their fans discussing Calipari getting the boot, but seemed to be more concerned about who Louisville hires as their next coach.

• Haha
Reactions: ghost_of_ukalum1988
It’s as wide open as ever. If someone drops a bunch of threes on you, you will lose. UConn is probably the only legit team with some separation.

Ghost you're pretty level headed, do you think this is the end for Cal?
I hope so…. but I doubt it. Only if he were to make the magnanimous gesture to admit that he’s no longer the right man for the job and step aside….

Back in 2019 when the LA Lakers appeared to show some interest in Cal, our AD Mitch Barnhart panicked and negotiated what was tantamount to a lifetime contract for Cal to stay. One of our posters mentioned that if Cal were fired tonight that he would be owed $55M.

The problem is compounded by the fact that Barnhart has his own cushy contract that insulates him from the consequences of his own piss poor hiring decisions.

I hope so…. but I doubt it. Only if he were to make the magnanimous gesture to admit that he’s no longer the right man for the job and step aside….

Back in 2019 when the LA Lakers appeared to show some interest in Cal, our AD Mitch Barnhart panicked and negotiated what was tantamount to a lifetime contract for Cal to stay. One of our posters mentioned that if Cal were fired tonight that he would be owed $55M.

The problem is compounded by the fact that Barnhart has his own cushy contract that insulates him from the consequences of his own piss poor hiring decisions.
So much talent, so hard to comprehend. The NBA is littered (pun intended) with Cats.

The buyout for Cheatapari is $34 million. He's not going anywhere soon.
That’s pocket change for that program. But i would be careful to make sure I could get someone better. I’ve generally been a Cal defender, but it may be that things have run their course.

That’s pocket change for that program. But i would be careful to make sure I could get someone better. I’ve generally been a Cal defender, but it may be that things have run their course.
If their AD wanted new leadership for their program, he would have gotten rid of Cheats a while back or let him go to the Lakers.
Then again, that program would be attractive for the likes of Chris Beard and Nate Oats, despite their recent contract extensions.

With the advent of NIL it’s increasingly difficult to to manage the already tough one and done players. Maybe I’m wrong but it seems UK does better when a few guy hang around an extra year.

If Calipari is fired, Kentucky owes him the remainder of his contract, but if he steps down or takes another job, there is no buyout. So it looks like they're stuck with each other. I can't see the Cheats going to a lesser job, let alone any other school offering him the same $8.5 million salary, or higher. Unless Ohio State is dumb/desperate enough to offer.
I wonder if Louisville would bite.

Reactions: ghost_of_ukalum1988
The buyout for Cheatapari is $34 million. He's not going anywhere soon.
Correct. That $55m number I mentioned earlier was incorrect. It’s still a lot of money, and UK doesn’t have the deep pockets to make Cal go away.

I was also wrong about the “lifetime” aspect of his aspect. However, he does have five years remaining.

Dusty May will probably want to move on from FAU while he's still a somewhat hot commodity in the college coaching ranks.

I haven't lurked at the Kentucky boards but I hear the fans are wanting our Golden boy, Todd. 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT