ADVERTISEMENT

2019 recruiting class pointing to major recruiting problems?

That’s what the 4th oline commit? And we’re still chasing a few more. A coach who understands linemen matter unlike the asshole. Refreshing.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Dan Mullen knows what he's doing. He learned a lot under Urban Meyer but came into his own at Miss. St. My confidence in the guy is growing each week that goes by. There's an enthusiasm level around the football program that hasn't been there in a long time. Time will tell if he will win championships, but so far I like what I see.

Well TG, I'm willing to pile-on both the fevered fan and the nailed-head troll... :D

If they are willing to go that far out on the recruiting limb, then I'm perfectly willing to saw that limb off and listen to them scream,,, all the way to the ground... (thud). :cool:

Well TG, I'm willing to pile-on both the fevered fan and the nailed-head troll... :D

If they are willing to go that far out on the recruiting limb, then I'm perfectly willing to saw that limb off and listen to them scream,,, all the way to the ground... (thud). :cool:
Fever is just in some doom and gloom mode/mood. It will change as time goes on. Honestly good keeps happening since he started this black cloud.

Nail....nail his head in the floor even more. :mad:

He needs to page his buddy Mad-Doggie ;)

A little FYI on Dan's first recruiting class...;)

On Saturday, new Florida coach Dan Mullen allowed all 15 of Florida’s available freshmen to get some game action. Also, 30 Gators made their Florida debuts on Saturday night — a truly incredible number. And, per the report, several of them made big impacts: :cool:

#3 APB Nay'Quan Wright 5-9 193 **** - Opa Locka, FL - Top 300 - (80%)
Offers: UF - UA-UGA-LSU-TN -- FSU-UL-Mia-MichSt-Neb-ND-Wis

Others that have Crystal Ball leads for UF - Birds in the bush::

CB Kaiir Elam ****
TE Keon Zipperer ****
DE Lloyd Summerall ****
CB Jaydon Hll ****
WR Elijah Higgins ****
OG/OT William Harrod **** -- committed 9-3-18 - (Bird now in hand)

Fever is just in some doom and gloom mode/mood. It will change as time goes on. Honestly good keeps happening since he started this black cloud.

Nail....nail his head in the floor even more. :mad:

He needs to page his buddy Mad-Doggie ;)

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Watch-it TN Lizzerd... you leave my buddy fevered- brain alone. :p The Mad-doggie and the dustbowl choker couldnt agree more with fevered-brain assement about 3.2* Dans recruiting. ;)

:D:D

Reactions: TennesseeGator
#3 APB Nay'Quan Wright 5-9 193 **** - Opa Locka, FL - Top 300 - (80%)
Offers: UF - UA-UGA-LSU-TN -- FSU-UL-Mia-MichSt-Neb-ND-Wis, etc...

Hey dumbazz choker, you asked about Nay's offer list for a comparison to your RB's offer list, but now I see that you are ignoring it... :rolleyes:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Watch-it TN Lizzerd... you leave my buddy fevered- brain alone. :p The Mad-doggie and the dustbowl choker couldnt agree more with fevered-brain assement about 3.2* Dans recruiting. ;)

:D:D

Those 3 'Turds of a Feather,' are spinning down the hole together... o_O --- :cool:

Both Choke-la--homa and tennis-sea offered the 4 star CB, but No Sale... :p

3* OU didn’t want ( not a commit able offer) :rolleyes:

Choklehoma has 2 4* CB commits :cool:

*Woodie Washington 6’0 175 4* ranked # 40 in Rivals recruiting :cool:
*Jaden Davis 5’11 165 4* ranked top 250 :cool:

Rubber Dollies didnt need ( but would have taken him ) :eek:

CB Chester Kimbrough 6-0 175 - N.O. LA (R-#20 CB ****)
Offers:
UF - UA-AU-Ark-UGA-LSU-Ms-MsSt-Miz--GaT-UL-Mich-TX-Va

CB Jaydon Hill 6-0 174 - Madison, AL (247 #27 CB ****)
Offers: UF--Ms-MsSt-SCa-TN-VU--Duke-GaT-Iowa-UL-Mich-Neb-OK-WVa

FS/CB Trent Whittenmore 6-3 190 - Gainesville, FL (E-#29 FS ****)
Offers: UF- GaTech-USF-SMs-Yale-Tulane-Troy-Army-SAla

Ath/WR/DB Ja'markis Weston 6-3 195 - Clewiston, FL (E-#31 Ath ****)
Offers: UF - TN-UCF-FAU-BGSU-UMass.

==========

UF already has 2nd year Soph CB starters that were Fr All SEC.

CB Marco Wilson 6-0 190 So ****
- 10 passes defended
CB C.J. Henderson 6-1 191 So **** - 4 Ints, 2 were pic-6's
-----
CB/Nic Brad Stewart jr 6-1 200 So **** - 13 Tkls, 1 Int as a tFr backup.
CB Trey Dean III 6-3 194 Fr **** - UA-AA
Plus others....

I expect that Dan will still take between 2-4 other DB's in the coming class.
=====

So, if any recruit listed with an OK offer goes to UF, then he had a (not commit able) offer?

In that case, any recruit that UF offered, or is from the state of Florida, that went to OK or Tn, never had a (commit able) offer from UF. This should be a given, if he's stupid enough to go to the racist dust-bowl, or up on ole sister chasing toothless sloppy-drop. :confused:

Being the fair-minded and unbiased choker that your are, I'm sure that you and/or the Mad-Doggie would agree to that. o_O

He could save himself with an actual really good 2020 class. My guess at this point is it will be pedestrian for a UF class outside the top 10 nationally and not in the top 4 classes in the SEC unless he makes some changes to get a good recruiter in here. As far as 2019 goes its a done deal we will have a substandard class imo - around 20th or so. I don't even think my former #14 Rivals ceiling prediction is in play anymore. #18 Rivals may be the best case scenario now.
So funny to revisit some of these posts.

Others that have Crystal Ball leads for UF - Birds in the bush::

CB Kaiir Elam ****
TE Keon Zipperer ****
DE Lloyd Summerall ****
CB Jaydon Hll **** -- committed 9-6-18 - (Another Bird in the hand)
WR Elijah Higgins ****
OG/OT William Harrod **** -- committed 9-2-18 - (Bird now in hand)

Fevered brain goes into convulsions,,,, or at least into mass confusionss... :D

I'm not trying to troll but Dan Mullen is going to go the way of the last three coaches. I watched him in Mississippi and he won when expected and recruited well for the area but when it comes to what I've seen so far in Florida where he should be competing with Miami and Florida State it isn't happening. I expect 3 years and another big payout. Unless for some reason he manages to win big on the field he's gone in 3. When you looked at the strength of schedule for this year he ought to be winning 10 + games if he's truly the coach he's cracked up to be.
You we’re saying?

We could revisit a lot of these posts - the bottom line is we arent recruiting where we need to be to reach our goals (SEC Championship). Hopefully that changes in 2020 with a top 5 to 7 area class and I hope he can keep getting some guys for a top 10 class this year.

Smart doesn't have to be a great gameday coach to beat us most years with the recruiting difference right now.

We could revisit a lot of these posts - the bottom line is we arent recruiting where we need to be to reach our goals (SEC Championship). Hopefully that changes in 2020 with a top 5 to 7 area class and I hope he can keep getting some guys for a top 10 class this year.

Smart doesn't have to be a great gameday coach to beat us most years with the recruiting difference right now.
It’s hilarious looking back at all your posts and how wrong they ended up being. Let’s be honest it isn’t very smart to make such definitive recruiting statements in July. It makes you look very unknowkedgeable.

The 2019 recruiting class looks to have been very good and met many needs.

You missed big time!

Last edited:
We have signed 7 Olineman in this class. A position that doesn’t typically have a lot of high star rankings, etc and with that we have the 10th highest ranked class in the country looking at average star rating for the star gazers.

That is pretty impressive when just about 1/3rd of the class is olineman. Very impressive.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
It’s hilarious looking back at all your posts and how wrong they ended up being. Let’s be honest it isn’t very smart to make such definitive recruiting statements in July. It makes you look very unknowkedgeable.

The 2019 recruiting class looks to have been very good and met many needs.

You missed big time!

I do tend to take a nuanced view of most issues. It's not that Fever's take is exactly wrong at the time it's written. In fact I tend to agree with the essence of what he's writing. From my side, he just tends to express the view in the most negative/extreme way possible lol - love it. Like the force we need balance on these boards.

You could have a dozen 5-star CB commits, it wouldn't matter. You don't know how to use them.

We have signed 7 Olineman in this class. A position that doesn’t typically have a lot of high star rankings, etc and with that we have the 10th highest ranked class in the country looking at average star rating for the star gazers.

That is pretty impressive when just about 1/3rd of the class is olineman. Very impressive.

Yep, and 4 are E.E.’s so, they will be in the strength program and being coached for 9 months until they play. Those 7 will also cause one of the best things to improve your team and that’s competition.

Yep, and 4 are E.E.’s so, they will be in the strength program and being coached for 9 months until they play. Those 7 will also cause one of the best things to improve your team and that’s competition.
Yep agree. Excellent job by Mullen and staff with recruiting and getting those guys to enroll early and start working with Savage.

We have the potential on the high end to end up #7 this year, depending how things break and if we kill it the next month. 9-10 is probable.

Reactions: sadgator
Let's all review where this thread started, shall we? :cool:

After dogging the possible hiring of Dan Mullen with a passion due to his mediocre SEC record as a head coach and his crazy terrible win/loss ratio against fellow ranked teams I was willing to give him some benefit of the doubt because obviously I had no other choice really as a Gator fan.

I decided to look into his recruiting a little at MSU and there are definitely some red flags there. Mullen had a better first class there on the shortened schedule than he did for like 6 years afterwards. That is pretty rare for a coach in the SEC to have a better time shortened first class than his 2nd class where he has much more time to work on it. His classes got worse not better the first few years he was at MSU.

Mullen's head of recruiting at UF had a grand total of one Rivals blue chipper in 9 years at the position he was responsible for (RB). I do notice MSU seems to try to do the group credit on recruiting as he is mentioned on other position blue chip recruits but Rivals leaves the recruiter spot blank usually on MSU's recruits. Not sure how a team in Miss would assign recruiters compared to a team in FL.

Mullen is currently on track for a joke recruiting class in the teens at most and is eyeballing an embarrassing 7th place or so finish in the SEC in a best case scenario.

I can't believe we are staring at this again after the Mac disaster and all the other big football schools in the south with new coaches are heading to or have had good 2nd classes except for Mac recently.

Sorry but having a good S&C program will not overcome crappy recruiting in the SEC. It takes a real special QB to be able to overcome years of crappy recruiting to have any chance of actually winning the SEC.

Top 10 in Final Poll, 10-3 Record, 5-3 SEC with a New Years 6 Bowl win over #7 Mich.

With a full month to go before NSD, 11. UF, #5 SEC.

This 'fevered-brained fool' :confused: is the real joke,:oops: not 'Dan the Man' and his staff... :p

ESPN -- UF 18 ****, 5 ***, 12 ESPN Top 300's -- :eek:
And he just added a Mid-season UL Grad-xfer:
DE/OLB J.Greenard 6-4 263. o_O --- UL Team Captain.

He has filled every roster hole with quality and depth, so I don't really G-a-S where outsiders rank this class. :cool:

Keep telling you, it's not all about Jimmys and Joes. X's and O's are equally important.

Hey, if you want to revisit a post, how about the one where I said to be patient, that a lot of guys were waiting to see if Mullen turned it around before signing on. Well, we did well, and look at what's happening.

Mike's X and O have won 20+ games all 3 season, including 27 and a trip to the Elite-8. o_O The X's & O's don't change much, but the Jimmie's and the Joe's change yearly.

Clemson's last 4 (2016-19) classes don't average inside the Top 10.
But that hasn't stopped them from winning 2 of the last 3 NC. :cool:

UF's Ave. is even lower. It didn't stop Dan from ending at #6 in the C-Poll.
Fevered brain is an idiot, as he has repeatedly been shown to be.:confused:

===========

Concerning today's game vs #3 tennis-sea...o_O

Fact: Florida has not taken down a Top-5 opponent since beating #2 MichSt in the Legends Classic at Atlantic City, N.J., on Nov. 27, 2009. The Gators, rather surprisingly, are 0-15 against Top-5 foes since that defeat of the Spartans, with all but 3 of those losses coming under future HoF Coach Billy Donovan. :cool:

After dogging the possible hiring of Dan Mullen with a passion due to his mediocre SEC record as a head coach and his crazy terrible win/loss ratio against fellow ranked teams I was willing to give him some benefit of the doubt because obviously I had no other choice really as a Gator fan.

I decided to look into his recruiting a little at MSU and there are definitely some red flags there. Mullen had a better first class there on the shortened schedule than he did for like 6 years afterwards. That is pretty rare for a coach in the SEC to have a better time shortened first class than his 2nd class where he has much more time to work on it. His classes got worse not better the first few years he was at MSU.

Mullen's head of recruiting at UF had a grand total of one Rivals blue chipper in 9 years at the position he was responsible for (RB). I do notice MSU seems to try to do the group credit on recruiting as he is mentioned on other position blue chip recruits but Rivals leaves the recruiter spot blank usually on MSU's recruits. Not sure how a team in Miss would assign recruiters compared to a team in FL.

Mullen is currently on track for a joke recruiting class in the teens at most and is eyeballing an embarrassing 7th place or so finish in the SEC in a best case scenario.

I can't believe we are staring at this again after the Mac disaster and all the other big football schools in the south with new coaches are heading to or have had good 2nd classes except for Mac recently.

Sorry but having a good S&C program will not overcome crappy recruiting in the SEC. It takes a real special QB to be able to overcome years of crappy recruiting to have any chance of actually winning the SEC.
This is good!!

Reactions: sadgator

Really? We outplayed them in 2018 by a very large margin. We lost the game because we gave up 3 turnovers and because our 2 best players on the team, both CBs were out of the game for it's entirety but it took UGLY's coaching staff till the 4th FREAKING QUARTER to figure that out and start passing over us and attack our freshman backup CBs. We completely shut their running game down and were leading on the scoreboard in the 2nd half, despite having "atrocious talent levels" and a sideline that was literally nothing but 3* players outplaying BowlCutKid's 4,5,6, and 7* players.

Sorry but coaching matters. We have it, Georgia doesn't. You give us back our 2 CBs to play in that game and we don't screw up and give over 3 turnovers, and we beat UGLY in 2018. We only gave up 3 turnovers in 1 other game and that was the previous one at Vandy, so it's not like it was a persistent problem of ours, it was doable.

Give Dan some more talent, or better yet, talent that HE has brought in to fit with the system he and his coaches are building, and they will out play just about anyone they face. I don't care if Jortgia has a couple extra 8* players on their sideline, they can only make up for the lack of a decent head coach so much.

The simple fact is, we have a proven winner and game day pro at head coach, jortgia doesn't. They literally have a little kid who is promising every 9* player out there the world and handing them 100-200k in case as a signing bonus. If it wasn't for his recruiting that he's doing, he'd be no better than Mr. Potatohead over at Tennerssee. ScurvySmart couldn't even motivate his blabbermouth players to show up for the Sugar Bowl and play. They spent their whole time on twitter crying about how they should have been in the playoffs not ND and then sat there and sucked on their thumbs during the game with Texas. If he cannot motivate and lead these 18-20 year olds, what good is he? How good or bad will he be now that his starting OC and DC have left him for greener pastures as well?

Reactions: ocalaman
Really? We outplayed them in 2018 by a very large margin. We lost the game because we gave up 3 turnovers and because our 2 best players on the team, both CBs were out of the game for it's entirety but it took UGLY's coaching staff till the 4th FREAKING QUARTER to figure that out and start passing over us and attack our freshman backup CBs. We completely shut their running game down and were leading on the scoreboard in the 2nd half, despite having "atrocious talent levels" and a sideline that was literally nothing but 3* players outplaying BowlCutKid's 4,5,6, and 7* players.

Sorry but coaching matters. We have it, Georgia doesn't. You give us back our 2 CBs to play in that game and we don't screw up and give over 3 turnovers, and we beat UGLY in 2018. We only gave up 3 turnovers in 1 other game and that was the previous one at Vandy, so it's not like it was a persistent problem of ours, it was doable.

Give Dan some more talent, or better yet, talent that HE has brought in to fit with the system he and his coaches are building, and they will out play just about anyone they face. I don't care if Jortgia has a couple extra 8* players on their sideline, they can only make up for the lack of a decent head coach so much.

The simple fact is, we have a proven winner and game day pro at head coach, jortgia doesn't. They literally have a little kid who is promising every 9* player out there the world and handing them 100-200k in case as a signing bonus. If it wasn't for his recruiting that he's doing, he'd be no better than Mr. Potatohead over at Tennerssee. ScurvySmart couldn't even motivate his blabbermouth players to show up for the Sugar Bowl and play. They spent their whole time on twitter crying about how they should have been in the playoffs not ND and then sat there and sucked on their thumbs during the game with Texas. If he cannot motivate and lead these 18-20 year olds, what good is he? How good or bad will he be now that his starting OC and DC have left him for greener pastures as well?
Time will tell, but I like your passion and humor.

Read-um & weep...o_O

2019 Rivals Class -- 10. UF 23 -- 1 - 13 - 9 - 0

1. UA
2. UGA
3. aTM
4. LSU
10. UF
-----
11. PSU
12. USC toejams
13. Neutered Lame
14. tennis-sea
15. FSUcks
21. tOSU
42. scUM
47. UCF
=====

2020 Class -- 3. UF 7 -- 0 - 5 - 2 - 0 -- HS Jr season Rankings

WR Leonard Manuel 6-5 200 - Ocala, FL (R #6 WR ****) (E 74/300)

RB Keyvone Lee 6-1 200 - Clearwater, FL (R #13-RB ****) (E 139/300)

QB-dt Anthony Richardson 6-4 209 - Gainesville, FL (R-E #9-QB ***)
-----
S/Ath Ja'Quavion Fraziars 6-4 185 - Dunnellon, FL (E #6-S ****, 97/300)

S Rashad Torrence II 6-0 195 - Marietta, GA (E #11-S **** 229/300)

SDE Genon Dixter 6-6 260 - Lake Wales, FL (R #15-SDE **** 225/250)

WDE Josh Griffis 6-4 220 - Bradenton, FL (R-E#24 DE ***)

Looks like 'Dan the Man' is climbing right past choker 'Life of Riley.' :p
==================

6. OK 5 -- 0 - 4 - 1 - 0 :D

20. tennis-sea 4 -- 0 - 1 - 1 - 2 :D:D:D

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT