ADVERTISEMENT

Which team improves more in 2019?

That’s the thing. They’ve made up this narrative that UF fans on this board think Mullen is god because we’re happy with what he’s done so far. It’s the only way they can deflect from all these grand proclamations they’ve made about Kirby. He’s outrecruited the GOAT, he’s the best young coach in CFB, they have the best OL and RB’s in CFB, best oline coach, and a whole bunch of other shit. Yet you remind them they have no rings and they immediately start comparing Kirby to Mullen, a coach they’ve called mediocre.

Would seem like to me if Kirby is as great as they say they need to compare him to Dabo and Saban or Jimbo, you know, his peers. All the best coaches in the country with championships. Idk why they’re wasting time comparing him to a mediocre coach. But nobody ever accused them of being smart.

It took Dabo 9 years to win a title you idiot, Kirby has only been a HC for 3 years.

Relax man... I'm not the one taking shots at Florida not playing OOC away games outside the state... it's the media. You get upset too easy... it must bother you for you to get so riled up. I hope you guys don't change a thing with your scheduling. It's just another selling point to play in other bigtime OOC away venues.
Please show me where I said you didn't want to move JAX. My comment about home and home was a REPLY to Insta's comment saying Dawgs were afraid of a home and home with Florida. Come on Oozie.

Let’s do this since schedule has become y’alls new rallying point. Take the last 10 years, hell do 15 and let’s see who’s schedule has been consistently stronger. I know in both 06’ and 08’ when we won the title we were top 2 both years. I couldn’t care less what the media says about anything, they’re generally clueless. Like I said FSU is one of the best programs in modern history, so much so UF-FSU is considered one of the best rivalries in college football. But in the mind of mouth breathers it’s somehow diminished because we share the same state with them. Playing at a neutral site is apparently tougher than having a home and home with a top 10 all-time program OOC. It’s nothing more than brain dead recency bias.

It took Dabo 9 years to win a title you idiot, Kirby has only been a HC for 3 years.

Look pussy y’all don’t get to have it both ways. Don’t come over here proclaiming Kirby is this and that and telling us what’s he’s GONNA do then fall back on how inexperienced he is when it’s pointed out he hasn’t done as much as some of the coaches y’all elevate him with. How bout you just stfu until he actually wins something on the level of those coaches?

So Mullen reached his ceiling in his first year? Yeah makes sense.
I didn't say that Paco, but recruiting behind Bama, UGA, TA&M, and LSU isn't the best path to an SECC. I think we can all sensibly agree that Mullen was a step in the right direction from the last guy. Time will tell the tale on Mullen and Smart.

Let’s do this since schedule has become y’alls new rallying point. Take the last 10 years, hell do 15 and let’s see who’s schedule has been consistently stronger. I know in both 06’ and 08’ when we won the title we were top 2 both years. I couldn’t care less what the media says about anything, they’re generally clueless. Like I said FSU is one of the best programs in modern history, so much so UF-FSU is considered one of the best rivalries in college football. But in the mind of mouth breathers it’s somehow diminished because we share the same state with them. Playing at a neutral site is apparently tougher than having a home and home with a top 10 all-time program OOC. It’s nothing more than brain dead recency bias.
Schedule is not our new rallying point. The media was just taking notice of UF not playing true away out of state OOC games. Like it or not, recruits take notice. Also, no one said anything about neutral site games. You're right in that they're not as tough as a game in an opponent's stadium... that's the point.
I agree with you on what you said about UF/FSU. I don't know how anyone could argue against that, but kids like to play in bigtime OOC venues as well as the bigtime SEC venues, which are the best collection in CFB.

Schedule is not our new rallying point. The media was just taking notice of UF not playing true away out of state OOC games. Like it or not, recruits take notice. Also, no one said anything about neutral site games. You're right in that they're not as tough as a game in an opponent's stadium... that's the point.
I agree with you on what you said about UF/FSU. I don't know how anyone could argue against that, but kids like to play in bigtime OOC venues as well as the bigtime SEC venues, which are the best collection in CFB.

Ok and FSU is a big time OOC opponent and venue. So what’s the point? So now we’re back to it not being as good as some other OOC opponent because it’s in the same state. Why else use the stupid “true out of state” BS, its beyond stupid. UF has nobody to apologize to on schedule. We consistently have one of the best in the country. Miami and FSU combined have 8 titles. We have a better OOC opponent on our schedule than 90% of college football every year.

Ok and FSU is a big time OOC opponent and venue. So what’s the point? So now we’re back to it not being as good as some other OOC opponent because it’s in the same state. Why else use the stupid “true out of state” BS, its beyond stupid. UF has nobody to apologize to on schedule. We consistently have one of the best in the country. Miami and FSU combined have 8 titles. We have a better OOC opponent on our schedule than 90% of college football every year.
The stigma is Florida won't play a true OOC road game outside the state of Florida. That used to be a knock on the whole conference for the most part. I understand your point but people are going to keep beating on not leaving the state.
Of course this doesn't upset me. :)

The issue is people want to have it both ways. When it was discussed not playing Miami or FSU then the same media idiots ran around with “they’re three of the best programs in CFB and they won’t play each other!? That’s criminal!” So we need to play the best teams in our state, but when we do then it’s a problem we don’t leave the state more. It’s almost like these idiots don’t realize we only have three OOC games. Damned if you do damned if you don’t.

I'm talking about your 2019 record, better or worse than 2018? I feel really good about how the Dawgs match up with the Gators this year. The post is about which team will improve more. Do you have an opinion on that?
I expect you guys to be real good for the foreseeable future. Kirby will bring a strong D and you have lots of talent. Not sure about us...if we win 9 in the regular season I'll be happy...not sure about the O Line... it's going to be a work in progress IMO.

This is the most honest response I’ve seen from a gator so far. Well said

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
I didn't say that Paco, but recruiting behind Bama, UGA, TA&M, and LSU isn't the best path to an SECC. I think we can all sensibly agree that Mullen was a step in the right direction from the last guy. Time will tell the tale on Mullen and Smart.

Current History 2020 Recruit 247 Rankings
1. UA, 4. LSU, 5. UF,
7. MsSt, --- 12. UGly, 16. AU, 19. aTm, 20. SCa (14. OK)

Dan just added Elite-11 Finalist QB-dt Anthony Richardson 6-4 230 to the 2020 class.
P -
86 of 177 for 1,567 yds, 18.2 yds/comp, 17 TD, 6 Int
R - 95 for 924 yds, 9.7 ypc, 16 TD's, 1 LPF -- (33 TD's, 7 TO's) :eek:

Look pussy y’all don’t get to have it both ways. Don’t come over here proclaiming Kirby is this and that and telling us what’s he’s GONNA do then fall back on how inexperienced he is when it’s pointed out he hasn’t done as much as some of the coaches y’all elevate him with. How bout you just stfu until he actually wins something on the level of those coaches?
Maybe you all should take your own advice with regards to your coach :rolleyes:

1. UA, 4. LSU, 5. UF,

Dan just added Elite-11 Finalist QB-dt Anthony Richardson 6-4 230 to the 2020 class.
P -
1. UA, 4. LSU, 5. UF,

P -
Please let me know the rankings when they matter... after signing day. However, I admire your optimism.
My comment about being 5th in the SEC holds true with the final 2019 classes.
Did you notice the Dawgs have the highest average per player on 24/7 as well? :) Our 2020 class is going to be elite. Feels good man.
Congrats on ARich.
We're also happy with Florida's current Mr. Football... Beck... from Jacksonville :)

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
You’re stating fans on their message board should stop talking about their coach and being excited about his potential? Lead paint or were you dropped on your head?

Mullen was your 3rd choice. Sit down little boy.

The fans? Sure. The administration? Not quite so sure.

BTW, Meyer wasn't the fans' first choice either. The only reason we hired him is because he had a tie to our president. That didn't work out too bad.

I haven’t seen any posts from UF fans all but guaranteeing national championships, talking about how we’re gonna knock off the Bama beast, or how we’re gonna have the #1 class and this and the third. Please feel free to find them otherwise this is just another one of your silly straw men arguments.

This board the last few months has basically been you all telling us or coach ain’t shit, and then when he’s defended we get people like you telling us to stop being excited because he can’t measure up to your GOAT in waiting coach. We like our class? Nope it sucks it’s mediocre for the SEC. We happy with our season? Nope he lost 3 games (hilarious because so did UGA with far more talent). UF fans aren’t allowed to like their own coach on their own board apparently, so says the UGA fans who infest here like cockroaches.

Reactions: PacoGator19
I haven’t seen any posts from UF fans all but guaranteeing national championships, talking about how we’re gonna knock off the Bama beast, or how we’re gonna have the #1 class and this and the third. Please feel free to find them otherwise this is just another one of your silly straw men arguments.

This board the last few months has basically been you all telling us or coach ain’t shit, and then when he’s defended we get people like you telling us to stop being excited because he can’t measure up to your GOAT in waiting coach. We like our class? Nope it sucks it’s mediocre for the SEC. We happy with our season? Nope he lost 3 games (hilarious because so did UGA with far more talent). UF fans aren’t allowed to like their own coach on their own board apparently, so says the UGA fans who infest here like cockroaches.
You don't read Insta? :D

You’re stating fans on their message board should stop talking about their coach and being excited about his potential? Lead paint or were you dropped on your head?
Read his words. I was probably dropped on my head a time or two as well.

The fans? Sure. The administration? Not quite so sure.

BTW, Meyer wasn't the fans' first choice either. The only reason we hired him is because he had a tie to our president. That didn't work out too bad.
Dude, Meyer was your numero uno from the start.

Just posts talking about how much better of a coach Mullen is...

That’s why I originally commented. And here I am a month later still commenting.

No, you're still just yappin' out of your village idiot butt... :cool:

Mullen out performed all expectations in his 1st year at UF.
With 3 losses and a final #6 ranking.

Did 4th and Dumb do so in his 1st season at UGly?
In his last season at UGly?
With 3 losses and a final #8 ranking.

Case closed,,, for all but the delusional buttsniffers of the world... o_O

Last edited:
Dude, Meyer was your numero uno from the start.

Because the new university president just came from utah and wanted Meyer.

Spurrier was the choice everybody not named Machen and Foley wanted.

But please tell us how you know more.

He did. In his first campaign as HBC. And he tore their asses up since then. He also beat ND. How’d that go for you boys?

When did we play them? 91? 92? 93? Somewhere in there. At first I was going to look up the year so I could compare them to how we did against you, then I realized, it doesn't matter what year it was, because we whipped your asses in all those years. In fact, pretty sure we won 9 times against you in the 90's, maybe you want to avoid referencing the 90's in general.

When did we play them? 91? 92? 93? Somewhere in there. At first I was going to look up the year so I could compare them to how we did against you, then I realized, it doesn't matter what year it was, because we whipped your asses in all those years. In fact, pretty sure we won 9 times against you in the 90's, maybe you want to avoid referencing the 90's in general.
I was talking to a nole

DannyGator is correct. We didn't know who the hell Meyer was (Hell, he coached at Utah and Bowling Green), we all thought it would be Spurs.
Dude, I’m a dawg, and I knew who your #1 target was all along. I was hoping you guys wouldn’t pull the trigger on him, actually. My buddy ran into Meyer last weekend at a bar in Jax beach. Kind of an odd place for him to be hanging, but whatever.

Dude, I’m a dawg, and I knew who your #1 target was all along. I was hoping you guys wouldn’t pull the trigger on him, actually. My buddy ran into Meyer last weekend at a bar in Jax beach. Kind of an odd place for him to be hanging, but whatever.

Well, you're wrong. We all thought Spurs was a done deal. But Machen wanted his guy. You DO realize he was the Utah president when Meyer was there, right? The reality is HBC wanted to have the job handed to him, Foley wanted to go through the interview process, Spurs got offended and pulled out, so MEYER WAS OUR SECOND CHOICE.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xpm-2004-11-06-0411051007-story.html

BGSU Pres -- Meyer HC
BGSU Pres to Utah -- The following year Meyer to Utah
Utah Pres to UF -- The following year Meyer to UF
Even a blind dawg should be able to follow that trail.... :rolleyes:

SOS wanted the job, Pres & AD told him to submit a resume.'
SOS told them to go look at the trophy room and walked away.
The following year SOS took the SCa job and became their winning-est coach in history.
Pres and AD are now gonzo, while SOS is back as the much loved UF Ambassador.
=====

Strickland MsSt AD -- Mullen the HC
Strickland to UF AD replacing Foley.
The following year, Mullen to UF as HC (1st & only official job offer)
The Cow-chip and Ole Frosty were never offered the job, it was all smoke and mirrors for public consumption during 'talking season.' :cool:

Note:In 2018
10-3 Mullen
4-8 Ole Frosty
3-9 cow-Chip Kelly

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT