ADVERTISEMENT

Which team improves more in 2019?

So you think Kirby didn't want to be a head coach till 2016?

As a Bama fan, I can tell you that's not the case.
I realize that. He turned Auburn down because Auburn wouldn't meet his demands. The Auburn boards still bring that up when they're in meltdown mode. When Richt tried to hire Kirby as DC Saban said "why go as DC when you can wait and go as HC?" So yes, Kirby didn't have to start out at a Miss State.

Reactions: Jaxbchdawg
The fact that Mullen won at Miss State.

Would Kirby Smart have taken Miss State to #1 in the nation? Be honest now.
Hahahahaha, what did he win at Miss state? Jackie sherrill won at miss state too. I have no clue what Kirby would have done at Miss state. Mullen didn’t do much without Dak Prescott.

So head to head doesn’t matter? What are you going to say when Kirby wears him out again this year?

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
I keep hearing these end of year comments from you guys. Let’s take a look at your final six games:

Uga 36 - UFag 17
Misery 38 - UFag 17
USC 31 - UFag 35 (Dan was booed at halftime)
IDAHO - UFag (who cares it’s idaho)
FSU - UFag (who cares FSU sucked)
Michigan 15 - UFag 41 (good win against a depleted team that was overrated)

Fools gold!
He’s a bammer

Hahahahaha, what did he win at Miss state? Jackie sherrill won at miss state too. I have no clue what Kirby would have done at Miss state. Mullen didn’t do much without Dak Prescott.

So head to head doesn’t matter? What are you going to say when Kirby wears him out again this year?
Yep, being ranked #1 for a week is definitely better than winning the sec and a cfo game. No bias at all in that. He hates Kirby for leaving. It’s pretty clear he’s a spurned girl.

I keep hearing these end of year comments from you guys. Let’s take a look at your final six games:

Uga 36 - UFag 17
Misery 38 - UFag 17
USC 31 - UFag 35 (Dan was booed at halftime)
IDAHO - UFag (who cares it’s idaho)
FSU - UFag (who cares FSU sucked)
Michigan 15 - UFag 41 (good win against a depleted team that was overrated)

Fools gold!
For one he’s a Bama fan. For two you should be banned and you are an idiot like we all thought for mocking UFs name. For three it was actually Franks that was getting booed. Finally, you have gotten into it with UF, FSU and Bama fans all on this thread. It seems like no fans of any school agrees with you so you can’t seem to understand why so instead you whine about it.

For one he’s a Bama fan. For two you should be banned and you are an idiot like we all thought for mocking UFs name. For three it was actually Franks that was getting booed. Finally, you have gotten into it with UF, FSU and Bama fans all on this thread. It seems like no fans of any school agrees with you so you can’t seem to understand why so instead you whine about it.
Lol, okay, there’s a lot of “mocking” going on in these threads. I have a feeling I’m going to get through my weekend just fine if I get the boot.

Why would they agree with me? It angers people sometimes to get hit with a dose of reality. You’re a prime example...

I realize that. He turned Auburn down because Auburn wouldn't meet his demands. The Auburn boards still bring that up when they're in meltdown mode. When Richt tried to hire Kirby as DC Saban said "why go as DC when you can wait and go as HC?" So yes, Kirby didn't have to start out at a Miss State.

Wasn't talking about the Auburn job, I'm talking about SEC jobs he went after and didn't get. I don't think Auburn ever pursued him, I know Dye pushed for him in 2015, but I don't think anyone else wanted him.

If you think he was waiting on Georgia.....well.....bless your heart.

If Kirby is even an average coach, he probably should win again this year, he will definitely have a talent advantage.

Dan Mullen took Miss State to #1 in the nation. I honestly don't think Kirby could sniff the Top 10 there, much less #1.

Lol, okay, there’s a lot of “mocking” going on in these threads. I have a feeling I’m going to get through my weekend just fine if I get the boot.

Why would they agree with me? It angers people sometimes to get hit with a dose of reality. You’re a prime example...
Not mocking in that way on a team’s home board. Other UGA fans seem to be able to handle themselves a little better than to use the term you did. Also we have no mods and no you probably wouldn’t get through the weekend ok based on how much time you’ve spent on a rivals team board/thread.

Dose of reality about what? You still haven’t made a good point yet. It looks like nobody here agrees with you. You’d be better off having your lovefest about your coach on your board. We are 19 pages in and your still whining about the same thing as page 1.

Not mocking in that way on a team’s home board. Other UGA fans seem to be able themselves a little better than to use the term you did.

Dose of reality about what? You still haven’t made a good point yet. It looks like nobody here agrees with you. You’d be better off having your lovefest about your coach on your board. We are 19 pages in and your still whining about the same thing as page 1.

Let's be honest, he's one of the better Georgia fans that have come here. Granted, the bar is pretty low, but still.

Georgia fans are beating their chests over Kirby because they know that if he goes 9-3 this year, he's likely done. They don't want to admit that, so they are fronting that he will retire in Athens around the year 2040.

LOL We'll see....

Reactions: Jaxbchdawg
Wasn't talking about the Auburn job, I'm talking about SEC jobs he went after and didn't get. I don't think Auburn ever pursued him, I know Dye pushed for him in 2015, but I don't think anyone else wanted him.

If you think he was waiting on Georgia.....well.....bless your heart.
I didn't say he was waiting on Georgia. You're going left here. You're smarter than that. What SEC jobs did Kirby go after?
Yes, Auburn wanted Smart but they wouldn't give him the control he wanted... but you know this. Bama wanted him as well... :D this is per you.

Let's be honest, he's one of the better Georgia fans that have come here. Granted, the bar is pretty low, but still.

Georgia fans are beating their chests over Kirby because they know that if he goes 9-3 this year, he's likely done. They don't want to admit that, so they are fronting that he will retire in Athens around the year 2040.

LOL We'll see....
Your statement is simply your wish. You hope Georgia goes 9-3. You realize it's highly unlikely barring an injury plagued season, but it's purely wishful speculation.

LOL We'll see....
And Florida fans are beating their chests over losing to Kirby by 20. Why is there a double standard? Until Mullen beats Kirby, I’m not going to agree with you all that he’s a better coach. I don’t care if he was ranked #1 for a week.

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
Not mocking in that way on a team’s home board. Other UGA fans seem to be able to handle themselves a little better than to use the term you did. Also we have no mods and no you probably wouldn’t get through the weekend ok based on how much time you’ve spent on a rivals team board/thread.

I’ve made plenty of valid points. You just get mad and ignore what I say because it doesn’t fit your narrative.

Let’s see if we can get it to 20. I’m game...

I didn't say he was waiting on Georgia. You're going left here. You're smarter than that. What SEC jobs did Kirby go after?
Yes, Auburn wanted Smart but they wouldn't give him the control he wanted... but you know this. Bama wanted him as well... :D this is per you.

Sorry, but if Auburn wanted Kirby and I knew it, I'd have no problem telling you that. I know Pat Dye wanted Kirby, but I don't know that Auburn did.

And Bama did want Kirby up till at least early 2013. Sometime soon after that, the plan changed. This is around the time Kirby started job hunting.

Two years later, he found a job. Good for him.

Your statement is simply your wish. You hope Georgia goes 9-3. You realize it's highly unlikely barring an injury plagued season, but it's purely wishful speculation.

I honestly don't care what Georgia does. But I know if they go 9-3, there will be rumblings about Kirby's job future. Cause I know Georgia fans.

And I know that Kirby will eventually get them there. Maybe it's this season, maybe it's 2020. But recruits won't keep coming there to lose to the #14 team in bowls, I think you know that as well.

And Florida fans are beating their chests over losing to Kirby by 20. Why is there a double standard? Until Mullen beats Kirby, I’m not going to agree with you all that he’s a better coach. I don’t care if he was ranked #1 for a week.

I never asked you to agree with me and don't care if you do.

About you being a bama fan, yes. I was referring to that fantastic second half of the season - 6 games I referenced - these guys are always gloating about.

That's great, but I gave you a specific example, Felipe Franks improvement throughout the season, and more importantly, his improvement over last year. You then cited scores for 6 games that had nothing at all to do with my claim.

I honestly don't care what Georgia does. But I know if they go 9-3, there will be rumblings about Kirby's job future. Cause I know Georgia fans.

And I know that Kirby will eventually get them there. Maybe it's this season, maybe it's 2020. But recruits won't keep coming there to lose to the #14 team in bowls, I think you know that as well.
Kirby has a very long leash. The AD bends over backwards to give him what he wants/needs to build a championship program. The fans may get restless, but he’s going to have to royally screw up to get fired.

Yeah? 5 star backs and receivers with 3 star linemen gets you 10 wins a year and an outback bowl bid. Richt’s recruiting classes were good enough to land us in the 8-12 range, like mullen and Mac. Enjoy...

Same shit different day. Run away, come back date later recycling shit that’s already been proven to be wrong. No choice but to believe you really are that dumb at this point.

That's great, but I gave you a specific example, Felipe Franks improvement throughout the season, and more importantly, his improvement over last year. You then cited scores for 6 games that had nothing at all to do with my claim.
There is no denying that Mullen is a great developer of QB’s. So was Mark Richt. That doesn’t make either coach better than Kirby.

Kirby has a very long leash. The AD bends over backwards to give him what he wants/needs to build a championship program. The fans may get restless, but he’s going to have to royally screw up to get fired.

Georgia is giving him a long leash because they are still buying into the idea that he could become Nick Saban Jr.

If he proves that he's Ray Goff Jr, the leash will be cut.

Actually, we do want home and home with Florida. Change is coming...
Also, we've already played in South Bend... ajd won with a true freshman QB making his first start. When's the last time the Gators played a true OOC away game outside the of Florida?
Look who we play the next decade. It's a recruiting advantage.

And this argument is also dumb as all f*ck. UF plays FSU OOC every year. Over the last 30 years FSU has won 3 national championships and has been a top 10 program for 2/3 of that period. What’s the argument...the game isn’t tough because we share the same state? Name me a program that has played a better OOC opponent yearly in the modern era. Using this stupid logic it’d be harder if we traveled to Wyoming and played them since it’s further.

And lol@ you pussies acting like UF is scared of y’all because we don’t want the game moved from Jax. Y’all had NO issues with the game being there until you started getting your ass beat almost yearly. In fact UF proposed a home and home before and UGA was against it. Dumbass hypocrites.

Come up with something better than he had miss state ranked #1 for a week and developed Felipe Franks into an above average QB as your reasons and you’ll be taken more seriously.

I don't care if you take me seriously or not. I've talked to enough Georgia fans to know that it's typically a complete waste of time to get them to look objectively at their program.

And this argument is also dumb as all f*ck. UF plays FSU OOC every year. Over the last 30 years FSU has won 3 national championships and has been a top 10 program for 2/3 of that period. What’s the argument...the game isn’t tough because we share the same state? Name me a program that has played a better OOC opponent yearly in the modern era. Using this stupid logic it’d be harder if we traveled to Wyoming and played them since it’s further.

And lol@ you pussies acting like UF is scared of y’all because we don’t want the game moved from Jax. Y’all had NO issues with the game being there until you started getting your ass beat almost yearly. In fact UF proposed a home and home before and UGA was against it. Dumbass hypocrites.
You need to take a deep breath, dude. About to blow a gasket up in here over college football smack talk. You okay?

I feel the same way about gator fans :eek:

Funny thing is, several Gator fans here thought Mullen was a garbage hire and that he would struggle to win 7 games. There was plenty of fans who needed to be talked down from the ledge.

They were as wrong about Mullen as I suspect you will be about Kirby.

You need to take a deep breath, dude. About to blow a gasket up in here over college football smack talk. You okay?

Again...because I regularly remind y’all y’all are dumb as f*ck doesn’t mean I’m mad. I’m posting from a BWW eating wings and watching baseball. There’s nothing upsetting me.

Funny thing is, several Gator fans here thought Mullen was a garbage hire and that he would struggle to win 7 games. There was plenty of fans who needed to be talked down from the ledge.

They were as wrong about Mullen as I suspect you will be about Kirby.
Mullen was their 3rd choice, we all know that.

I am 100% confident that Kirby will continue to beat Mullen. Mullen will get him at some point, but elite talent usually wins out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT