ADVERTISEMENT

Which team improves more in 2019?

GADAWGinIraq

Rowdy Reptile
Jul 3, 2010
11-3 Dawgs or 10-3 Gators?
I'm leaning towards the Dawgs going 11-1 in the regular season again but winning the SEC and making it to the CFP. We're capable of winning every game but 5 teams have bye weeks before playing the Dawgs (no other SEC team plays more than 3 teams coming off of a bye), and it's incredibly hard to run the table.
I haven't decided my Gators prediction yet. I need to learn more about your OL replacements.

Reactions: nail1988
I'm leaning towards the Dawgs going 11-1 in the regular season again but winning the SEC and making it to the CFP. We're capable of winning every game but 5 teams have bye weeks before playing the Dawgs (no other SEC team plays more than 3 teams coming off of a bye), and it's incredibly hard to run the table.
I haven't decided my Gators prediction yet. I need to learn more about your OL replacements.

Are you sure about that?

I don't expect the beatdowns to stop.

You guys better worry about Mizzou before catching up with the Dawgs. LOL

You'll see. We're going to own both LOS in JAX.

We beat you by 19... and will again Nov 2nd.

Reactions: FsuwhoFsu
Are you sure about that?
I'm talking about your 2019 record, better or worse than 2018? I feel really good about how the Dawgs match up with the Gators this year. The post is about which team will improve more. Do you have an opinion on that?

I'm talking about your 2019 record, better or worse than 2018? I feel really good about how the Dawgs match up with the Gators this year. The post is about which team will improve more. Do you have an opinion on that?
What matchups do you like against them?

I think you guys will now be in the position of favorites and front runners, and that’s very tough to maintain. You’ll not just get everyone’s best shot, but beating uga will now be enough to make another team’s season. I mean, let’s say Tennessee beats you guys... that now legitimizes Pruitt and the direction they’re going. I think you’ll drop at least one you’re not expecting. We have a really tough schedule so improving will be difficult, so it’s abtough call. I’m not sure either team improves their record. Maintaining that level would be a hell of an accomplishment for either team

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Reading is hard, isn’t it?

It might be wise to understand that you are a guest here. Don't make me...
The-Banhammer-300x300.jpg

Reactions: PlutoDroid
DT Adam Shuler 6-4 275 Grad-Sr
DT Marlon Dunlap 6-3 295 Sr
DT Kyree Campbell 6-3 304 Jr
DT Tedarrell Slaton 6-5 343 Jr
#16 DT Jalin Humphries 6-3 303 Fr ****

DE/DT Elijah Conliffe 6-4 317 Jr
DE/DT Malik Langham 6-4 286 rsFr

DE/LB Jonathan Greenard 6-4 263 rsJr - UL Grad-xfer
Greenard missed almost the entire season because of a wrist injury he suffered in the opener against Alabama, but the previous year he had 48 Tks, 29 Solo, 15 TFL, 7 sacks & 1 FF. He should be an immediate contributor for Florida, and help what was already one of the best defensive lines in the country become even more dangerous.

DE Jabari Zuniga 6-4 257 rsSr
DE Luke Ancrum 6-5 264 rsSr
DE Antonneous Clayton 6-2 255 Sr
DE Zach Carter 6-4 277 rsSo
#13 DE Lloyd Summerall 6-5 220 Fr ****
=====

66. OC/OG Nick Buchanan 6-3 291 rsSr
71. OG/OC Nick Villano 6-3 290 rsSr - (former W-O earned ship)
55. RT Noah Banks 6-5 309 rsSr - EE (JuCo-AA - #5 OT - 22/50)
61. LG/OC Brett Heggie 6-4 314 rsJr
72. RT/LT Stone Forsythe 6-7 323 rsJr
70. OG Tanner Rowell 6-2 283 rsJr - Can bench press your car...
56. LT Jean DeLance 6-4 313 rsJr
>> That's 7 that are 4th or 5th year players.
75. RG T.J. Moore 6-5 300 rsSo
67. LG Chris Bleich 6-6 321 rsFr - EE
76. LT Richard Gouraige 6-4 303 rsFr
62. OC/OG Griffin McDowell 6-3 295 rsFr
11 Returning.
-----
ESPN #2 OG Deyavie Hammond 6-4 345 **** - chose UF over UA, UGly
ESPN #7 OC Kingsley Eguakun 6-3 293 *** EE - Miami flip, chose UF orver AU.
ESPN #11 OG Ethan White 6-5 340 **** EE- chose UF over 8 other schools
Rivals #13 OG Will Harrod 6-6 305 **** EE - chose UF over a long list of big time offers
Rivals #17 OG Riley Simonds 6-4 290 *** - chose UF over 10 other SEC schools
ESPN #18 OT Michael Tarquin 6-5 290 **** EE - chose UF over 22 other offers
Rivals #37 OT Wardrick Wilson 6-5 311 **** - chose UF over Mich and 10 others
With at least 7 FNG's with 4 EE's,,, for a total of 18 OLmen, 16 available for Spring.
===========

Your bogus claims on being better on both LoS is BS hopes and dreams, not reality imo. o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: rdgtr
UGA should be favored in every game they play from a talent standpoint so we'll see if they can limit the 4th and 12 fake punts. If they lose more than 1 game it's a disappointment - that's their reality.

UF could win 9 regular season games and still be much better next year - still a work in progress. I do think the following year is when we should expect to make a run at the SEC.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
DT Adam Shuler 6-4 275 Grad-Sr
DT Marlon Dunlap 6-3 295 Sr
DT Kyree Campbell 6-3 304 Jr
DT Tedarrell Slaton 6-5 343 Jr
#16 DT Jalin Humphries 6-3 303 Fr ****

DE/DT Elijah Conliffe 6-4 317 Jr
DE/DT Malik Langham 6-4 286 rsFr

DE/LB Jonathan Greenard 6-4 263 rsJr - UL Grad-xfer
Greenard missed almost the entire season because of a wrist injury he suffered in the opener against Alabama, but the previous year he had 48 Tks, 29 Solo, 15 TFL, 7 sacks & 1 FF. He should be an immediate contributor for Florida, and help what was already one of the best defensive lines in the country become even more dangerous.

DE Jabari Zuniga 6-4 257 rsSr
DE Luke Ancrum 6-5 264 rsSr
DE Antonneous Clayton 6-2 255 Sr
DE Zach Carter 6-4 277 rsSo
#13 DE Lloyd Summerall 6-5 220 Fr ****
=====

11 Returning.
-----
Rivals #13 OG Will Harrod 6-6 305 **** EE - chose UF over a long list of big time offers
With at least 7 FNG's,,, for a total of 18 OLmen, with 16 of them available for Spring.
===========

Your bogus claims on being better on both LoS is BS hopes and dreams, not reality imo. o_O
So you're saying your OL will be better than ours?

I'm saying that our OL will perform better against your DL,,,,

Than your OL will perform against our DL...

Just like our 5 RB corp is better than your RB's are going to be. o_O

And just like our secondary will be better than yours. :cool:

Reactions: rdgtr
A proper comparison would be is the UGA OL going to be better than the UF front seven? Considering UF runs a 3-4 it’s not the three down linemen they have to be better than it’s every combination that will be thrown at UGA’s OL. Vice versa for each team’s other side of the ball.

Which team improves MORE?

In 2018, Florida was (5-3) in the SEC, Georgia was (7-1 & lost the SECCG --> 7-2). Both teams could stay with relatively the same records, get worse or get better. The SEC-E will be much improved with teams like Kentucky, Tennessee, Missouri, etc. fielding strong teams again.

Against the SEC-W, Florida hosts Auburn (who probably wants to rebound after starting out in the 2018 pre-season top 10 but had an up & down season) & plays at LSU in October before the annual cocktail party game in Jax. As for Georgia against the SEC-W, the Bulldogs will travel to Auburn and host Texas A&M - the aggies will probably have close to top 10 talent just based on their recruiting classes. So, both sets of games should be a challenge to both teams. Most of Georgia's toughest games will be in the month of November and I would not be surprised to see Georgia stumble here.

Since Florida has much more room to improve upon their 2018 record (of 5-3), I would go with Florida! Florida is a team on an upward trajectory course (with its last wins over Michigan, Florida State &South Carolina, etc.). The light must have went on for the Gators and this was when Florida started blowing out their opponents by large margins. It will be interesting if Florida (who should be ranked in the pre-season top 10 next season) can maintain their momentum.

Florida is a very, hungry program going after success, again!

On the other spectrum, Georgia seemed to have regressed at the end of last season. When something was on the line, Georgia lost two huge ball games in a row (i.e, Alabama in SECCG, Texas in Sugar Bowl) so they have a lot to prove again. Early next season, Georgia will get another chance to stay on the big stage by playing Notre Dame in Athens (Florida will also be playing Miami, at Kentucky, Tennessee, etc.around the same time).

I don't think Georgia has ever gone 8-0 in the SEC East much less 9-0 in the SEC. So no, Georgia will not improve.

Historically in the SEC-E, Florida has gone 8-0 three times ('09 was the last time) and 9-0 twice ('95 & '96). UF also went 7-0 in the SEC in 1991.There have been many Florida SEC championship teams that have finished 8-1 in the league ('06, '00, '94, '93). Going undefeated in conference play is not an easy accomplishment unless you have one of the best teams ever quarterbacked by one of the greatest SEC quarterbacks.

Last edited:
It might be wise to understand that you are a guest here. Don't make me...
The-Banhammer-300x300.jpg

I know we’re all just chest pounding here, but I have to say he hasn’t really been that unreasonable a poster for a guy on a rival board. I don’t mind a little trash talking. Let them have it. They have won two in a row (although having lost to a mcelwain coached team should be pretty embarrassing.) so they get to brag. I know I brag when we beat them. Like a couple years ago when the worst coach we’ve ever had managed to win in Jax. But Gwinnett doesn’t seem bad for a dawg

Just to expand upon your post,

On offense, Florida will have more returning experience at wide-out (Jefferson-Sr, Grimes-Jr, Cleveland-Sr, Toney, Hammond-Sr, Swain-Sr) in addition to adding a newcomer (i.e, Copeland- rsFr) or two.

UF's quarterback, Franks (rJr), had one good year of experience under Dan Mullen's offense. The quarterback position will be 3-4 deep with good talent at back-up (Trask - rJr , Emory Jones - rFr, Jalon Jones -Fr).

The running back position (Perine - Sr, Pierce - So, Malik Davis, ?rSo, Clement rFr, etc.) should be solid with some experience & break way, running-back talent as well.

The offensive line will have some new players who will be ready to step in and contribute immediately. With the way Mullen and his staff coaches the offensive line, there should not be much issues for Florida. However, the offensive line will be a work in progress during the Spring & Summer practices.
=======================================================

On defense, Florida will return the injured Marco Wilson (?rSo) at cornerback (who was ?3rd team pre-season All-SEC last year) to add to the secondary of CJ Henderson (Jr) (also an All-SEC corner), Trey Dean (So), Brad Edwards, Stinner, etc. Because of the lack of depth at corner-back in 2018, Florida got burned in the secondary in some games that proved to be costly (i.e, Kentucky, Georgia, Missouri, Vandy, USCe etc.). With the additional talent (i.e, Steele & hopefully Elam) in the 2019 recruiting class, Florida's secondary will be not only talented & experienced but will also have the necessary depth as well.

At linebacker and DE, Florida returns some all-conference players, David Reese (Sr LB) and Jabari Zuniga (Sr DE) that will anchor the front-seven. In UF's 2019 recruiting class, there is a lot of promising talent which will help both the defense (LB, CB's, DT) and the offense (UF signed a great offensive line class in addition to some other key pieces at QB, TE, WR and RB).

As one can see, Florida will be a preseason top 7 team next season with a chance to make more noise!

Neither....it HAS to be FSU.... We cant possibly be fvcking worse?? Can we?

I actually don't think it matters. Georgia runs that old fashioned offense that requires a great OL to have any shot at offensive success. Florida runs a multiple offense that has plenty of misdirection and doesn't allow defenses to anticipate and overwhelm. We really didn't have much of an offensive line last year (a bunch of underachievers who got it together with decent coaching, but who's to say we won't have the same thing happen this year), yet it didn't seem to matter much.

It is really amazing that we won 10 games with such a radical change in both offensive and defensive schemes. The learning curve was ridiculous, which was why we didn't really start to see our capabilities until the end of the season. Next year we have a bunch of veterans who will have been in these systems for 20 months and know what they are doing. Now it will be time for refinement and honing of skills, and if there are a few key positions that need a young guy rushed into, the staff will have time to make that happen.

Uga, otoh, hired a mediocre OC to run basically the same old-fashioned offense they ran last year. With the top 3 WR's all gone we will see if the passing game can avoid taking a step backward. Yes, the "superclass" will be sophomores, but the difference maker, the superstar, has moved on to Ohio State. So gone talent is replaced by young talent, but not much else.

Long story short, I see Florida improving tremendously. UGa, staying the same at best.

I expect you guys to be real good for the foreseeable future. Kirby will bring a strong D and you have lots of talent. Not sure about us...if we win 9 in the regular season I'll be happy...not sure about the O Line... it's going to be a work in progress IMO.

Both teams will end the season with two losses. Who they lose to I have no idea. Who wins the H2H is too early to be determined. It will be pretty even as far as improvement. I bet UF won't drop two against UK and Missouri. UGA will drop one game they shouldn't like they have to AU and LSU in years past.

Just to expand upon your post,

The running back position (Perine - Sr, Pierce - So, Malik Davis, ?rSo, Clement rFr, etc.) should be solid with some experience & break way, running-back talent as well.

With the additional talent (i.e, Steele & hopefully Elam) in the 2019 recruiting class, Florida's secondary will be not only talented & experienced but will also have the necessary depth as well.

As one can see, Florida will be a preseason top 7 team next season with a chance to make more noise!

RB M.Davis rsSo
#3 APB Nay'Quan Wright Fr 5-9 193 ****

CB C.J. McWilliams rsJr ***
CB C.J. Henderson Jr ****
CB Brian Edwards Jr ****
CB Marco Wilson rsSo ****
-----
CB Chris Steele Fr ***** EE
CB Kaiir Elam Fr ****
CB Jaydon Hill Fr **** EE
CB Chester Kimbrough Fr ***

A couple things to consider here....

In 2018 UGa underachieved and UF overachieved. Feom that standpoint alone the answer should clearly be UGa.

Also, I think we take a step back in record. I think your answer ks UGa. Gators will be fully prepped for this discussion in 2020.

They’ll probably lose to A&M. Jimbo in his second year. They gave the national champs everything they could handle. And if playing Bama close is a measure of success I would say the Aggies almost beating Clemson would be a bigger moral victory.

Reactions: TennesseeGator

Posting at 10:51 a.m. in the GATOR site makes you 18 years old or a loser. We have owned you for well over 20 years and you now get some liquid courage? I’d call you an asshole but, I’d be insulting assholes.

Reactions: TennesseeGator

FWIW, I think that the biggest (potential) improvement in UF's OL is linked to
Georgia Tech OL Graduate Transfer Parker Braun a two-time All-ACC player and the older brother of 2020 recruit Joshua Braun. Their dad is Mike Braun Suwannee High School Athletic Director/Assistant Head Coach.

If Parker transfers to UF (as an OG) he is paired with either Brett Heggie (if able to overcome injuries) or Chris Bleich as the other OG
Nick Buchanan, only returning starter at center
Stone Forsythe and Noah Banks at OT

With this combination, I think our OL is in good shape at start of season & will get better as season progresses.

Of course, Miami, Auburn, & LSU will tell us more than my thoughts !

A couple things to consider here....

In 2018 UGa underachieved and UF overachieved. Feom that standpoint alone the answer should clearly be UGa.

Also, I think we take a step back in record. I think your answer ks UGa. Gators will be fully prepped for this discussion in 2020.
What 4 teams do you see us losing to? I bet we don't drop both to UK and Mizzou. Won't lose to UT. Will split between LSU/UGA. At worst split between FSU and Miami(don't see us losing to either) don't see us losing to SCar or Vandy. Definitely won't lose the cupcake games.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Posting at 10:51 a.m. in the GATOR site makes you 18 years old or a loser. We have owned you for well over 20 years and you now get some liquid courage? I’d call you an asshole but, I’d be insulting assholes.
1. This is a free board open to most people. I'm sorry if this offends you.
2. Don't be a simpleton by assuming what time it is where I am posting from. For all you know I could be in Iraq, or I could be in LA enjoying the week with my wife and daughter before the Grammys.
3. Florida owned Georgia under Spurrier and most of the 2000s, but not the overall series or lately.
4. I'm assuming you have nothing to add to the topic from your reply.
5. Your childish, attacking statement says more about you than it does about me.
6. Enjoy your day... if you choose to.

Reactions: gwdad1
They’ll probably lose to A&M. Jimbo in his second year. They gave the national champs everything they could handle. And if playing Bama close is a measure of success I would say the Aggies almost beating Clemson would be a bigger moral victory.
It's definitely a possibility but A&M is not exactly going to be fresh by the time they get to Athens. Their schedule is brutal and we probably have more depth. I predict is to drop one but it's more than likely going to be on the road than at home.

FWIW, I think that the biggest (potential) improvement in UF's OL is linked to
Georgia Tech OL Graduate Transfer Parker Braun a two-time All-ACC player and the older brother of 2020 recruit Joshua Braun. Their dad is Mike Braun Suwannee High School Athletic Director/Assistant Head Coach.

If Parker transfers to UF (as an OG) he is paired with either Brett Heggie (if able to overcome injuries) or Chris Bleich as the other OG
Nick Buchanan, only returning starter at center
Stone Forsythe and Noah Banks at OT

With this combination, I think our OL is in good shape at start of season & will get better as season progresses.

Of course, Miami, Auburn, & LSU will tell us more than my thoughts !
Solid post. As a Dawg I wouldn't mind seeing the GT OL go elsewhere. :) I definitely agree that the Gator OL to start the season will not be the one we face in JAX. From my side I hope they're healthy but just not where you guys want them to be performance wise.

Solid post. As a Dawg I wouldn't mind seeing the GT OL go elsewhere. :) I definitely agree that the Gator OL to start the season will not be the one we face in JAX. From my side I hope they're healthy but just not where you guys want them to be performance wise.

11 Returning.
-----
Rivals #13 OT Will Harrod 6-6 305 **** EE - chose UF over a long list of big time offers
With at least 7 FNG's with 4 EE's,,, for a total of 18 OLmen, 16 available for Spring.

Even without the GaT xfer, feel free to point out any OL deficiencies that you see in the above roster.

What in the world are you smoking?! Our OL will dwarf and crush your DL! Our RB’s are MUCH better than yours! And Jesus, our secondary is better as well. We have a substantial talent advantage.

With a very substantial 4th and DUMB coaching dis-advantage... o_O
And how did all of those supposedly crushing players do in your lat 2 games of 2018? :confused:

6. UF -- #10 UF 41 - 15 Mich #7 :eek: (3 NC's since 1996 all vs #1 ranked teams) :cool:

8. UGly - #5 UGly 21 - 28 Texazz #15 :oops: (last NC 1980) :rolleyes:

You're so FoS that your entire fur is brown.... :D

With a very substantial 4th and DUMB coaching dis-advantage... o_O
And how did all of those supposedly crushing players do in your lat 2 games of 2018? :confused:

6. UF -- #10 UF 41 - 15 Mich #7 :eek: (3 NC's since 1996 all vs #1 ranked teams) :cool:

8. UGly - #5 UGly 21 - 28 Texazz #15 :oops: (last NC 1980) :rolleyes:

You're so FoS that your entire fur is brown.... :D

They have crushed Florida the last two years. Our D and O will be substantially better next year. Florida will be much worse on D.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT