ADVERTISEMENT

What would it take?

another historic 100000/2 disparity in Free throws in a game at Rupp, no way. Don't waste time watching a second of games there. Every time I read about games now without fail there's a more impressive 2nd half drought than from the game before, for two years straight every game. How much more do you need to see to learn the lessons of all failed Foley hires boys. Thank God for Foley disappearing, it changed my life, and all of yours.

Our offensive philosophy/system is atrocious. It’s high school level.

7 minute scoring drought?? How does that even happen in a basketball game?

1 basket in a 10 min stretch. Crazy. We played hard today, ky went to the foul line a ton and converted most.

Really bad 2nd half. They play hard, but go through these times during games where they are very lackadaisical, force bad shots and just look totally out of it on the offensive end. Oh well.

Reactions: sadgator
Yep. My guess is the bama game in the tourney is the first ncaa elimination game. We would then possibly get lsu next.

If Ole Miss loses to Missouri we play the Bama-Arkansas loser.

If Ole Miss wins we play the Bama-Arkansas winner.

I think only playing a Bama that wins will maybe get us in without a 2nd win.

Interesting. Well we will see. This Gator team is scrappy even though we are out maned most games. White on the other hand gets a solid D- this year. He's done a horrible job.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Who thinks we even deserve to be in the tourney? We will have 15 losses by the time Selection Sunday rolls around.

Interesting. Well we will see. This Gator team is scrappy even though we are out maned most games. White on the other hand gets a solid D- this year. He's done a horrible job.
Mike White = Will Muschamp. Good defensive coach with a high school level offensive philosophy.

I don't disagree. But we had 7 games against teams that will all have a legit claim to be a 1 seed.
I hate that though. We won 1 of those games. Why do you get credit for losing to good teams? You going to play tough competition you need to win more than 1 of those games.

And then you throw in the absolutely hideous lost to a AWFUL Georgia team on your home court. It has been a poor season IMO.

I hate that though. We won 1 of those games. Why do you get credit for losing to good teams? You going to play tough competition you need to win more than 1 of those games.

And then you throw in the absolutely hideous lost to a AWFUL Georgia team on your home court. It has been a poor season IMO.
If we had been playing horseshoes or hand grenades, we'd be awesome. But close losses don't and shouldn't count. Despite all the extenuating circumstances, this has been a very disappointing year, at least for me. But a month ago I didn't think we'd end with a winning record. So even if we don't make the NCAA's, they'll still play in the NIT. That's something.

If we had been playing horseshoes or hand grenades, we'd be awesome. But close losses don't and shouldn't count.
I 100% completely agree. A loss is a loss. I get that we played a bunch of tough teams but then you need to win more than 1 of those games and can’t have ugly losses like Georgia.

Well Ole Miss came back and won so we can still get Bama in the SEC tourney if they beat Arkansas tonight and that might get us in the NCAA tourney.

I think White is getting a little bit of a bad rap. He's starting 3 freshmen and has a very thin front line. I actually like his offense and his OB sets. He runs a lot of high pick and rolls which was the staple of Billy Ds offenses. I really don't see a lot of other options offensively when you look at the personnel we have. It's easy to criticize but haven't heard anyone with any ideas on how the offense can improve. Let's not forget how Billy Ds young teams failed to grasp the offense and how many times they went cold. I still have nightmares about Erving Walkers 30 footers.

I’m here to tell you.. gators are in the tourney no matter what.

Win a game or lose first round..

It’s all about the metrics (net) and the eye ball test

UF can be garbage at times on offense, but can play defense with any team in the country.

Committee sees the last second loss to LSU.. and basically playing UK down to the last 5 mins of the game at Rupp.

They are in.

I think White is getting a little bit of a bad rap. He's starting 3 freshmen and has a very thin front line. I actually like his offense and his OB sets. He runs a lot of high pick and rolls which was the staple of Billy Ds offenses. I really don't see a lot of other options offensively when you look at the personnel we have. It's easy to criticize but haven't heard anyone with any ideas on how the offense can improve. Let's not forget how Billy Ds young teams failed to grasp the offense and how many times they went cold. I still have nightmares about Erving Walkers 30 footers.
We need someone that can drive to the basket better and White needs to coach them up some in the offense instead of just saying they aren't executing what he tells them. He has absolutely no excuse next season.

I’m here to tell you.. gators are in the tourney no matter what.

Win a game or lose first round..

It’s all about the metrics (net) and the eye ball test

UF can be garbage at times on offense, but can play defense with any team in the country.

Committee sees the last second loss to LSU.. and basically playing UK down to the last 5 mins of the game at Rupp.

They are in.

We aren't in the tourney no matter what - I don't care what KenPom and them say because we lost to a lot of good teams. We are in the 70s now in RPI and no one has ever been that high for an at-large. Some of those crazy ones didn't even drop us for a home loss to Georgia. The committee wont put us in without another win.

We in.....
And just biding time until
Scotty Lewis and Mann get here next year..

Check back on selection Sunday

In my opinion “any” win makes it comfortable.

Again, I think we are in no matter what.

I’m usually pretty good at this.

What really struck me was how leisurely the Gators were going through their half-court offense when they fell behind after the 10-minute mark of the second half. You would’ve thought they were leading by 10, not trailing, with the way they seemed to lack urgency in getting an open look for a good shot.

if you've seen one 2nd half Mike White team game, you've seen them all, just like a tv Soap.

I don’t think we deserve to be in the tourney. We are going to have 15 losses and it wasn’t a good year.

It’s like 6-6 teams making bowl games.

We are rewarding teams that are average to below average.

Update: Saturday night
Lunardi latest:
UF a 10 seed and in

Reason: Net metric

He is wrong and will adjust in his final one no matter what NET says. NET didn't even move us hardly for losing to Georgia at home.

Computers have us with only a 27% chance of getting in with their probabilities of what happens from now going forward and playing Arkansas first.

Lunardi always comes back closer to the computer stuff at the end I have noticed the past few years when he has to give his final prediction.

Palm literally has us the very last team in now.

An Arkansas win could possibly (I would say less than 50% chance) if we are lucky but a loss there and we are 100% out.

Last edited:
Love how we match up with arky much better than Bama...
Arky has the dude down low and really nothing else.
On a neutral court, I suspect we will win that game orettt handily.

Love how we match up with arky much better than Bama...
Arky has the dude down low and really nothing else.
On a neutral court, I suspect we will win that game orettt handily.
Handily? I wouldn’t make that prediction with this team at all. Heck we just lost to UGA on our home court less than a week ago.

The one good thing is that they are assigned the one stable time slot all the way through (as far as they can go)...

Late games in the SECT suck.

2a4a4a91-966f-4a0a-977b-ad6e2617a6d2-IMG_5788.JPG

Beat arky in round 1 to get LSU...
Couldn’t be a better draw for UF..

We’ve basically beaten LSU twice.

Great opportunity ahead

Beat arky in round 1 to get LSU...
Couldn’t be a better draw for UF..

We’ve basically beaten LSU twice.

Great opportunity ahead

I think Bama in the 8,9 game would have been the best because it would gave us a slightly better chance to get in the tourney with only one SECT win. I wonder how motivated LSU will be as they are probably locked into a 2 seed short of winning the SECT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT