ADVERTISEMENT

What would it take?

I just like the freshman are basically now sophomores and I don’t think Nevada will be as rough at LSU/UK etc...

Depends on who shows up, depends on how aggressive Hudson will be and if he can hold onto the ball.

Either way: getting in as a 10 from where we were 3 weeks ago, is a great job.

I’d feel a heck of a lot better if this team had a junk yard dog like a Will Yeguette or Chris Richard etc...
I think Stokes can be that guy next year

I think Nevada is very good. They have excellent twin brothers who are 6'7" and are a lengthy, quick team, scoring 80+ ppg. They beat 3 Pac 12 teams and are 29-4. Three of their losses were to other tournament teams, Utah State and San Diego State twice. Their only bad loss was to New Mexico. They have been consistently good all year and that's one thing we have not been - consistent. They probably haven't seen a defense as good as ours and if we are hitting our shots we could beat them. But don't underestimate Nevada. They were ranked in the Top 15 for much of the year and could make a run to the Elite 8.

Reactions: sadgator
Florida-TCU-Basketball.jpg

Reactions: ashenesey
Nevada's top 7 players - Caleb Martin, 6'7" Sr., 19.2 ppg, 5 reb. 2.9 ast.;
Jordan Caroline, 6'7" Sr., 17.3 ppg, 9.6 reb., 2 ast.; Cody Martin, 6'7" Sr., 11.7 ppg, 4.5 reb. 5.1 ast.; Jazz Johnson 5'10" Jr., 11.2 ppg., 1.8 reb. 1.5 ast.; Tre'Shawn Thurman, 6'7" Sr., 8.3 ppg., 5.7 reb., 1.7 ast.; Trey Porter, 6'11" Sr., 7.4 ppg., 4.8 reb.; Jordan Brown, 6'11" Fr., (#20 rated recruit in 2018 class) 3.1 ppg., 2.1 reb.
Quite a challenge for the Gators. Hope they come out on fire.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Nevada made Elite 8 last year AND returned their entire team for this year. Like I said earlier, veteran, savvy, tourney experienced, only lost 4 times, led by seniors, including twin brothers seniors in there, so they got some good team chemistry too.

Nevada appears to have a good veteran group of players.

I wonder if the betting line has them favored over us now.

Last edited:
One thing unaccounted for:

I don’t think Nevada has any future pros (NBA).
Nembhard and Keyonte will be pros.

Beal was fairly average his freshman season and then grew up in the tournament and carried UF to the E8 before turning pro..

Both Nembhard and Johnson are starting to grow up/heat up. They could take over games

Nevada is very very good and senior laden with loads of experience. Honestly I don’t like our chances. I could see them beating us and Michigan

Pre-season, who here would have said that Mike White could take the Gator's to the Dance without Gak, C.Johnson, and K.Stone? (but the duds here will still try to rag on White) :rolleyes:

He takes over a 16-17 loser team and takes them to the NiT QF's without a home game due to the O'Dome renovations. Then he goes to 3 Consecutive NCAA with an E-8 and SEC CoY.
And a quick check on next season's roster should make all Gator fans drool....:cool:

Without our only true center (Gak), I can't see them going very far, but I'm still hoping hey surprise me at least one more time.... ;)

19-15, 10 UF vs Nev 7, 29-4
Likely opponents if UF advances:
10 UF vs Mich 2, 28-6
10 UF vs TTU 3, 26-6
=====

Why did they nail the dust-bowl choker's head-to-da-flor? o_O
"The SEC is not a 'monster B-Ball conference' (like iG said) the SEC only has 3 good teams."

Teams in the Dance:
8 Big Ten
7 SEC, + 18-15 UA in the 1st 4 Out.
7 ACC
6 Big12-10-whatever... :rolleyes:

Seeds:
2. Tn (29-5) -- 2. UK (27-6)
3. LSU (26-6 SEC-C)
5. AU (26-9 SEC-T-C) -- 5. MsSt (23-10)
8. Ole Ms (20-12)
>>> 9. Choke-la-homo (19-13)
10. UF (19-15)
~~ 1st 4 Out - UA (18-15)
5 of the SEC's 7 in, are Top 5 seeds. o_O

Hey nailed-head,,,, :D:p:D:p:D

They will be very tough for sure. 2 months ago they looked like a 3-4 seed. They are a little banged up right now. Just making the tourney is huge for this team heading into next year. Getting a win would make it awesome.

Reactions: ashenesey
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT