ADVERTISEMENT

TN @ Florida... 7pm

Gators Win baby! We were rocking tonight here in New Orleans at the Gators bar! We still own Tennessee like a cheap suit! Graham Metz is showing confidence big-time. The defense was stifling. ETN had like 175 and a TD. And Maw and Paw from Knoxville got their feelings hurt yet again! Couldn't ask for anything more guys! The season is saved! 🐊🐊🐊🐊🐊

It’s awesome to know that we won’t have to hear about Tennessee making the playoffs all season again this year…

They are back where they belong…

https://www.secsports.com/standings/football

I think VolNation meltdowns are right up there with the biggest ones out there. Reminds me of Rupp Rafters when UK loses a big game in basketball.

It’s honestly kind of amazing to sadgator that the Tennessee fans actually still come to Gainesville.

If you are a student under the age of 20 at Tennessee who was born after September 2003, you have never seen your team beat Florida in Gainesville…a Division Rival…seriously…think about that…

It’s essentially become a part of their generational level culture to simply lose to Florida every single time they come…

70882339007-kns-ut-uf-bp-17.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
Un-ranked UF 29 - 16 #11 Tennis-sea (over-rated coming into the SWAMP yet again) 😂

That was the best first half of all around football so far for Billy, so congrats, 26 Pt's.
Only getting a 4th quarter FG in the 2nd half is a bit worrisome though...

Defense only gave up 7 in the 1st half, and 9 in the second half. Props to Austin & the D.

At 8-8, Billy still doesn't have a winning record, but at least it's no longer a losing record.
And the same way that the Utah loss was only one game, the Tennis-sea win was also just one game.

Finally getting a win against a traditional Gator football rival (UT-UGly-LSU-FSU) is certainly a good first step. It was very good to see the Austin defense hold the rubber dollies to just 16 Pts, with the help of 90,000 screaming fans, was IMO the major factor in the win.
I won't fail to mention that the OL/RB's also made a huge contribution to the win, and the game manager QB also worked out well in this game, so some props go to Mertz.

"While there are still several questions regarding the product needing to be answered moving forward, the outcome and means in which it came is arguably the most significant victory to date for the current coaching staff. It silences the doubts surrounding Napier and his aforementioned struggles against rivals — at least for the meantime. The win alone isn’t enough to showcase maintained improvement, but it’s a baseline for the Gators to realize an upward trajectory throughout the 2023 season if they can take advantage. " SI's writer Brandon Carroll (the iG agrees)

Also I appreciated Billy finally benching his 50/50 X-Pt/FG kicker in favor of Trey Smack for 2 X-Pt's and a 27 Yd FG in the 4th quarter. I've been asking for that change since last season's missed kicks. The 4 Pt's that the other guy cost them is lucky to not have been crucial in the game win. --- And WTF's wrong with Crawshap's punting/shanks??? He's normally an excellent punter, so whatever's wrong needs to be addressed immediately.

They still need a dedicated ST's coach imoho, because they won in spite of their ST's play, not because their so-called 'Game Changers' made much of a positive contribution..... 🤓

And JUS-DAMN 😢 on Wilson's injury. As I've said before, I believe that he's the best slot WR currently on the team. In the 1st Qtr, his five receptions for 45 yards proved prominent as Florida moved the ball into striking distance. (Tre Wilson's x-rays came back negative(bruised collarbone) and wanted to come back in the game but BN said he'll rest him this week.) WHEW!!!! (he's certainly not needed for Charlotte)

I'm also very happy to see that with the win, that us Gator fans didn't end up being rubber gators on a string for the tourist kids to play with.... 😁

Last edited:
Un-ranked UF 29 - 16 #11 Tennis-sea (over-rated coming into the SWAMP yet again) 😂

That was the best first half of all around football so far for Billy, so congrats, 26 Pt's.

Defense only gave up 7 in the 1st half, and 9 in the second half. Props to Austin & the D.

At 8-8, Billy still doesn't have a winning record, but at least it's no longer a losing record.
And the same way that the Utah loss was only one game, the Tennis-sea win was also just one game.

Finally getting a win against a traditional Gator football rival (UT-UGly-LSU-FSU) is certainly a good first step. It was very good to see the Austin defense hold the rubber dollies to just 16 Pts, with the help of 90,000 screaming fans, was IMO the major factor in the win.
I won't fail to mention that the OL/RB's also made a huge contribution to the win, and the game manager QB also worked out well in this game, so some props go to Mertz.

"While there are still several questions regarding the product needing to be answered moving forward, the outcome and means in which it came is arguably the most significant victory to date for the current coaching staff. It silences the doubts surrounding Napier and his aforementioned struggles against rivals — at least for the meantime. The win alone isn’t enough to showcase maintained improvement, but it’s a baseline for the Gators to realize an upward trajectory throughout the 2023 season if they can take advantage. " SI's writer Brandon Carroll (the iG agrees)

Also I appreciated Billy finally benching his 50/50 X-Pt/FG kicker in favor of Trey Smack for 2 X-Pt's and a 27 Yd FG in the 4th quarter. I've been asking for that change since last season's missed kicks. The 4 Pt's that the other guy cost them is lucky to not have been crucial in the game win. --- And WTF's wrong with Crawshap's punting/shanks??? He's normally an excellent punter, so whatever's wrong needs to be addressed immediately.

They still need a dedicated ST's coach imoho, because they won in spite of their ST's play, not because their so-called 'Game Changers' mademush of a positive contribution..... 🤓

And JUS-DAMN 😢 on Wilson's injury. As I've said before, I believe that he's the best slot WR currently on the team. In the 1st Qtr, his five receptions for 45 yards proved prominent as Florida moved the ball into striking distance. (Tre Wilson's x-rays came back negative(bruised collarbone) and wanted to come back in the game but BN said he'll rest him this week.) WHEW!!!! (he's certainly not needed for Charlotte)

I'm also very happy to see that with the win, that us Gator fans didn't end up being rubber gators on a string for the tourist kids to play with.... 😁

What do you think about Jalon Jones heading to the Swamp?

They still need a dedicated ST's coach imoho, because they won in spite of their ST's play, not because their so-called 'Game Changers' mademush of a positive contribution..... 🤓

Glad Wilson's injury not serious. Looks like another Toney or dare I say Percy. ETN is really good. Good first half play calling for Napier, too conservative in 2nd. But possibly Mertz injury and Wilson out had an impact.

There will some day be another Larry Legend.
There will some day be another Tim Tebow.
There will some day be another Percy Harvin.
Eventually................................. 🤓

Whether I'm still alive to see it is my only question..... 😉

Glad Wilson's injury not serious. Looks like another Toney or dare I say Percy. ETN is really good. Good first half play calling for Napier, too conservative in 2nd. But possibly Mertz injury and Wilson out had an impact.

Mertz with two bloody hands in the second half? Yeah we played conservatively.

Anyone notice how well he played? How much better our option reads work?

Christ almighty. Bama fans would kill to have Mertz at WB and they'd love to have Billy calling the plays over Tommy Rees.

Some of y'all are ridiculous.

Tell me more about Max Brown though, or the Truth or whatever y'all think he is.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
Mertz with two bloody hands in the second half? Yeah we played conservatively.

Anyone notice how well he played? How much better our option reads work?

Christ almighty. Bama fans would kill to have Mertz at WB and they'd love to have Billy calling the plays over Tommy Rees.

Some of y'all are ridiculous.

Tell me more about Max Brown though, or the Truth or whatever y'all think he is.
Yep, didn't hear about Mertz injuries until later. Kid played great in the first half. You must have me confused with some others on here....I've defended Mertz's play so far this year. It's been really good.

Yep, didn't hear about Mertz injuries until later. Kid played great in the first half. You must have me confused with some others on here....I've defended Mertz's play so far this year. It's been really good.

I think I took things out on you just because that post mentioned thing being too conservative in the second half.

I went on a tangent, all good.

Suffice it to say, it is pretty obvious that there is a chef at the Tennessee football complex that makes the “Best” fried opossum.
Huepel was a fat ass well before he coached at Central Florida. I can’t remember any other former quarterbacks that have become fat asses.

My better half said, during the game; "Huepel looks like he's wearing Phat-Phils shirt..." ROTF LMFAO 🤣

Eugent Wilson III -- "Tre is going to be fine. The X-ray was normal," Napier said immediately following the game.
"I think he has a bruise of some — (sort) you know, but he wasn't able to return. Just didn't have the strength to return. He wanted to play, but I don't think he was ready to play."

What the iG initially said too.
Considering Napier's current perspective regarding the injury, it wouldn't come as a total surprise if Wilson ends up inactive against the 49ers before UF returns to SEC play at Kentucky in Week 5. (that's what I'd do, cause they don't need him for Charlotte)

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...-wilson-injury-update-billy-napier-status-tbd
==========

UF Vs Tennis-sea: Receiving

WR Slot Eugene Wilson III - Includes 2 jet-sweep flips, injured out in 1st Qtr.
6 for 44 yds, L-12

WR Slot Ricky Pearsall - played entire game
6 for 43 yds, L-8

WR Slot got 12, the rest of the team combined for 7.
-----
WR Caleb Douglas ------- 2 for 20
TE Jonathan Odom ------ 2 for 18
RB Montrell Johnson Jr - 1 for 18 with a TD
WR Kahiell Jackson ------ 1 for 18
TE Arlis Boardingham --- 1 for 5
=====

QB Comparison:

Mertz - 19 of 24, 79% for 166 Yds, 6.9 Yds/Att, 1 TD, 0 Int, 1 Sack, L-18
Rushing -> 4 for 7 Yds, -10 Loss, -3 Net, -0.8 ypc, 1 TD, L-6

Milton - 20 of 34, 59% for 287 Yds, 8.4 Yds/Att, 2 TD's 1 Int, 1 Sack, L-55
Rushing -> 5 for 18 Yds, -12 Loss, 6 Net, 1.2 ypc, 0 TD, L-12

=====

PS -- Polls --- being the mostly biased opinions that they are......

Winner UF 29 - 16 TN Loser
UF 2-1 is now #25
TN 2-1 is now #23
Showing once again that previous ranking opinion is more important than demonstrated reality.....
🙄

My better half said, during the game; "Huepel looks like he's wearing Phat-Phils shirt..." ROTF LMFAO 🤣

Eugent Wilson III -- "Tre is going to be fine. The X-ray was normal," Napier said immediately following the game. "I think he has a bruise of some — (sort) you know, but he wasn't able to return. Just didn't have the strength to return. He wanted to play, but I don't think he was ready to play."

What the iG initially said too.
Considering Napier's current perspective regarding the injury, it wouldn't come as a total surprise if Wilson ends up inactive against the 49ers before UF returns to SEC play at Kentucky in Week 5. (that's what I'd do, cause they don't need him for Charlotte)

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...-wilson-injury-update-billy-napier-status-tbd
==========

UF Vs Tennis-sea: Receiving

WR Slot Eugene Wilson III - Includes 2 jet-sweep flips, injured out in 1st Qtr.
6 for 44 yds, L-12

WR Slot Ricky Pearsall - played entire game
6 for 43 yds, L-8

WR Slot got 12, the rest of the team combined for 7.
-----
WR Caleb Douglas ------- 2 for 20
TE Jonathan Odom ------ 2 for 18
RB Montrell Johnson Jr - 1 for 18 with a TD
WR Kahiell Jackson ------ 1 for 18
TE Arlis Boardingham --- 1 for 5
=====

QB Comparison:

Mertz - 19 of 24, 79% for 166 Yds, 6.9 Yds/Att, 1 TD, 0 Int, 1 Sack, L-18
Rushing -> 4 for 7 Yds, -10 Loss, -3 Net, -0.8 ypc, 1 TD, L-6

Milton - 20 of 34, 59% for 287 Yds, 8.4 Yds/Att, 2 TD's 1 Int, 1 Sack, L-55
Rushing -> 5 for 18 Yds, -12 Loss, 6 Net, 1.2 ypc, 0 TD, L-12

=====

PS -- Polls --- being the mostly biased opinions that they are......

Winner UF 29 - 16 TN Loser
UF 2-1 is now #25
TN 2-1 is now #23
Showing once again that previous ranking opinion is more important than demonstrated reality.....
🙄
By better half do you mean Compugator? 😜

LB/RB Myles Graham 6-1 212 **** - Gainesville, FL Buchholz now 4-0
Friday Night - RB - 9 for 199 Yds, 22 YPC, 3 TD's....😲

Reactions: Nicktheslick
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT