ADVERTISEMENT

So, ummm that new staff recruiting bump that always happens...

Colin Cowherd abruptly ends interview with Jim Harbaugh: 'That was a clunker'
"If they don’t want to talk, they don’t want to talk. Nothing I can do. If you’re an 18-year-old kid and just heard Jim Harbaugh on my show, I choose Urban Meyer and Ohio State. I would. I would go to Jim Mora or Steve Sarkisian or Nick Saban or Charlie Strong. I try to make everybody sound good. Have fun, lighten it up, sell your program.”

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a...nterview-with-Jim-Harbaugh-That-was-a-clunker

You would think by now someone would have dissected and documented how the ebb and flow of programs peaking and slumping occurs?

Colin Cowherd abruptly ends interview with Jim Harbaugh: 'That was a clunker'
"If they don’t want to talk, they don’t want to talk. Nothing I can do. If you’re an 18-year-old kid and just heard Jim Harbaugh on my show, I choose Urban Meyer and Ohio State. I would. I would go to Jim Mora or Steve Sarkisian or Nick Saban or Charlie Strong. I try to make everybody sound good. Have fun, lighten it up, sell your program.”

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a...nterview-with-Jim-Harbaugh-That-was-a-clunker

Harbaugh did a face plant on that one. Later he tweeted out "it takes two to make a bad interview. I'll take 50% of the blame". Essentially communicating to his players that 'if you fail, make excuses and blame someone else".

50%???? Lame does not begin to describe that interview performance.

How come Harbaughs recruiting class at Michigan isn't really any better than UFs? Especially since you seem to think Harbaugh was a big splash hire. Shouldn't Harbaugh be killing it on the recruiting trail? Just admit that more often than not your either fishing or don't have any idea what your talking about?

Please tell me you are not serious?

That was embarrassing. Harbaugh would have been better off to have just told Cowherd before hand to just forget about the interview. Sorry, changed my mind. Sorry, something's come up can't do this right now. Sorry, let's reschedule this.

Reactions: GatorGray
The fact remains that to this point....

1. UF is not among the favorites for many of the top players in the state if Florida

2. UF continues to struggle to attract top offensive skill position players

Well what do you expect? The new coach hasn't even had the team play 1 game yet and we have been a laughing stock on college football the last couple of years...a bad and average team at best. I mean it's silly to think that we would be attracting a bunch of the best players on the country at this time. I think that the coach is doing an amazing job so far...he has done everything that could possibly be done. PERIOD!

Reactions: instaGATOR
The coaching staff closed really well for the 15's and has done an amazing job patching up spots on the team via Juco/5-years and FCS additions. I like the momentum. We'll start winning some top recruits before the 16 cycle is over and have a top 10 class. Anyone acting as if the sky is falling doesn't fully realize the absolute train wreck we are coming out of - lol - we had 6 scholly OL just about 2 months ago.

The coaching staff closed really well for the 15's and has done an amazing job patching up spots on the team via Juco/5-years and FCS additions. I like the momentum. We'll start winning some top recruits before the 16 cycle is over and have a top 10 class. Anyone acting as if the sky is falling doesn't fully realize the absolute train wreck we are coming out of - lol - we had 6 scholly OL just about 2 months ago.

I see legit points for both sides in this.
- Chump absolutely wrecked the program. Several of us pointed out that he sucked and that he was killing the program the last several years only to be told that all was well, that we were just "being negative" that Foley was the greaterest, bestest, smarterest ever and we should trust his judgment etc etc even while it was obvious Chump was destroying the program and was an incompetent jackass.

- Coach Mac so far has done everything anybody could have asked. He did an amazing job rescuing the 99th rated class in the country when he took over, he pushed for and got some badly needed upgrades to the program Foley had been resisting making and he and the staff have worked very hard to shore up some of the biggest weaknesses left by Chump.

- That said and YES, it is still quite early, AND furthermore if the coaching staff is offering guys this early they must like them and think they can play. STILL....it is disturbing that we are not getting more of the higher rated recruits when we have the one thing to offer that seems to be solid gold for any recruiters - early playing time. That there is early playing time on offer is patently obvious given what a trainwreck Chump left behind him. That certainly worked for sow and our other rivals even when they sucked and we were good but now that the shoe is on the other foot and we're the ones who can point to the roster for any hotshot Tailback or Quarterback or WR....now it doesnt seem to be working.

WTF???? We are UF. We are not Austin Peay. We are the flagship university in the state. We damned well ought to be able to turn the heads of top recruits just by showing a depth chart.

Obviously Coach Mac hasn't had a chance to coach a game yet but c'mon.....given that we have 2 young QB's and only one guy who has ever started a game at OL (and even he's banged up) and given that we have to implement a new scheme now to get away from the "1 yard and a cloud of punt" so-called "Offense" we ran under Chump - do you really expect us to have a good year? I fully expect us to struggle mightily. That won't be Coach Mac's fault - it will be Chump's.....but its doubtful to impress top recruits other than to show how desperately we need them. We can't really expect to see a lot of progress until year 2 and we probably can't reasonably expect to be back to contending for championships until year 3. That is how deep the hole is that Chump left us in.

Don't know who exactly were the "all is well" folks you are referring to but BONG certainly was not one of them.

I see legit points for both sides in this.
lol didn't want to quote the whole thing. I pretty much agree - look when NSD comes next year if we are in the 20's again I'll start having serious questions on the next class coming in and Mac's recruiting edge vs. other top programs. At this point I am encouraged that he's filled needs, is looking for a big class (total # of commits) and we are in for a lot of top talent. All this and we still have time to make things happen - and Mac showed he can close big at the end...which he may have to do again.

I'm like everyone - it'd be great if we had a bunch of top guys locked up right now but I'm cautiously optimistic based on the few months he's been on the job. But yes, still a long way to go - I agree.

Muschamp left Florida having stigmatized our program as offensively handicapped. It was a trademark of his coaching persona. It continues to affect our reputation with recruits. Coach McElwain will put his stamp on the team as time progresses. The product on the field will be the most effective tool to remove the doubts and concerns legitimately created during coach Boom's/bust tenure. Muschamp thankfully is gone, his smell still lingers.

Reactions: Deathroll
Muschamp left Florida having stigmatized our program as offensively handicapped. It was a trademark of his coaching persona. It continues to affect our reputation with recruits. Coach McElwain will put his stamp on the team as time progresses. The product on the field will be the most effective tool to remove the doubts and concerns legitimately created during coach Boom's/bust tenure. Muschamp thankfully is gone, his smell still lingers.

And everyone but the best AD to ever walk the Earth saw it right out of the gate. Hell, he gave him an extension in year two for winning with just a defense

And everyone but the best AD to ever walk the Earth saw it right out of the gate. Hell, he gave him an extension in year two for winning with just a defense
Are you aware that Muschamp is no longer the coach of the Florida Gators? It's true. I looked it up.

Plenty of posters on this site defended Muschamp to the very end. Bong even left after receiving criticism on this board because of the complete disdain he had towards Boom/bust. No doubt Foley got it wrong and then exacerbated the damage by retaining Muschamp. Nevertheless the McElwain hire will likely prove sound. The attention to detail by our new coach stands in stark contrast to the ignored issues that established Muschamp's foundation of failure.

Don't know who exactly were the "all is well" folks you are referring to but BONG certainly was not one of them.

many posters on several boards. You must not have been posting on this and other Gator boards the last 4 years if you didn't see it.

many posters on several boards. You must not have been posting on this and other Gator boards the last 4 years if you didn't see it.
I only post here....and have since 2002. Chump certainly had his defenders, some even past the bitter end, but I did not find it a decidedly one-sided argument on ITG.

Plenty of posters on this site defended Muschamp to the very end. Bong even left after receiving criticism on this board because of the complete disdain he had towards Boom/bust. No doubt Foley got it wrong and then exacerbated the damage by retaining Muschamp. Nevertheless the McElwain hire will likely prove sound. The attention to detail by our new coach stands in stark contrast to the ignored issues that established Muschamp's foundation of failure.

That is not why BONG left.

2016 OL Verbal Commits (2):

#12 OT Branton Autry 6-5 320 **** JuCo Coffeyville, Kan. - Alabama, EE in Jan. 2016
Offers: UF - Ark, Mizz, Miss, SCa -- Okla, Bay, AzSt, KSt, UL, IoSt, etc.

OT for Coffeyville CC and was named first-team all-conference last season.
#50 OG/RT Stone Forsythe 6-7 331 *** (#50 OG ESPN - #59 OT Rivals)
Offers: UF -- UK, Duke, BC, BG, etc -- Winter Garden, FL, West Orange, a likely EE.
=============

2015 = 6 New OL'men signed that included 5 Star #1 LT Marquez Ivey.
(1C/OG, 3 OG, 2 OT).

Plus a D2 AA LT Grad Sr xfer and several walk-on for depth and SQ.
=============

2015 Gator Roster OL'men: 23 Total,
with only the 2 rsSr's leaving after the 2015 season.

63 OG/C Trip Thurman 6-5 310 rsSr 2L - Dover, Del
75 OT Mason Halter 6-6 295 rsSr 3L - Grad-xfer - Hinckley, OH

61 OG Matthew Bowden 6-3 283 rsJr SQ - Lakeland, FL
79 OG Matthew Fuchs 6-2 239 SQ - Gainesville, FL

54 OG Cameron Dillard 6-4 309 rsSo 1L - Canton, Mich
55 OT Roderick Johnson 6-6 296 rsSo 1L - Delray Beach, FL
51 OG/OT Antonio Riles 6-4 312 rsSo 1L - Lawrenceville, Ga

69 OG Nick Davis 6-3 256 rsSo SQ - Salt Lake City, UT

78 #2 OT David Sharpe 6-6 350 So 1L - Jacksonville, FL

52 OG Travaris Dorsey 6-2 323 rsFr SQ - Jacksonville, FL
53 OT Kavaris Harkless 6-5 292 rsFr SQ - Jacksonville, FL
77 OT Andrew Mike 6-6 302 rsFr SQ - Tucson, Ariz
60 OG Zach Shinn 6-2 288 rsFr SQ - Plant City, FL

73 #1 OT Martez Ivey 6-5 302 Fr - Apopka, FL
64 #3 C Tyler Jordan 6-4 292 Fr Jacksonville, FL

59 C/OG T.J. McCoy 6-1 302 Fr - Clermont, FL (NCSt Hardship xfer, EE)
66 OG Nick Buchanan 6-4 285 Fr - Dunwoody, Ga
67 OG Brandon Sandifer 6-3 357 Fr - Warner Robins, Ga
68 OG Richerd Desir-Jones 6-4 290 Fr - Fort Lauderdale, FL
74 OT Fred Johnson 6-6 305 Fr - West Palm Beach, FL

00 OG Nick Villano 6-2 312 Fr - Wellington, FL
00 OG Donavan Welch 6-4 286 Fr Clermont, FL
00 OG/C Marcus Givens 6-0 263 Fr - St. Augustine, FL
-------------

6 are lettermen with 4 more rsFr that are (imoho) ready to play in 2015.
Fall practice will sort out the rest of the 'players' from the scout teamers.

Many were locked in on UF's 2015 class being ranked in the 100's before NSD. :rolleyes:
When 2016 NSD arrives,,,, THEN I'll look at and evaluate the 2016 class.
Off season confetti thrown into the air,,,,, is just that... o_O

OT Kadeem Telfort has flipped from Miami and committed to UF. Really good tackle prospect from Miami.

Don't know what you're talking about.
images

The 'IGNORE' option is still available in the new format. :cool:
As many as possible should opt to use it vs the incessant whining about what someone else posts here. :confused:

I have already used it twice, (had to not use it for any mods, since they might say something important occasionally), ;) and I will do so often in the future I'm sure. o_O

Like SOS said, if you score enough you can take the 'officials' out of the game. :rolleyes:

TOS ranks him the #34 player in the state for 2017. The real question is can he bring hia teammate #2 Trevon Grimes with him.
He's ranked in the top 50 in the country on Rivals. Yes we lead for Grimes right now although it is very very early. As long as we have Allen then we will be in the game for Grimes.

The 'IGNORE' option is still available in the new format. :cool:
As many as possible should opt to use it vs the incessant whining about what someone else posts here. :confused:

I have already used it twice, (had to not use it for any mods, since they might say something important occasionally), ;) and I will do so often in the future I'm sure. o_O

Like SOS said, if you score enough you can take the 'officials' out of the game. :rolleyes:

Yes. Because the mature, adult thing to do is to ignore people who disagree with you.

Good to see you haven't changed a bit you old dog you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT