ADVERTISEMENT

So, ummm that new staff recruiting bump that always happens...

The 2016 Class: 8 of 14 are already rated as 4 stars on at least one site, (note offers).

#3 CB Chauncey Gardener 6-0 190 - Cocoa (ESPN 300 - Rivals 250) Offers: UF - UA, AU, UGa, LSU, SCa, MsSt, - FSU, Mia, tOSU, ND, OK, Neb, etc.

WR Josh Hammond 6-1 179 4.5/40 **** - Hallandale (ESPN 300) Offers: UF - UGa, LSU, MsSt, Tn, Vu - Duke, FSU, Mia, ND, tOSU, Mich, NW, etc.

RB Mark Thompson 6-2 230 4.4/40 Jr **** - #1 JuCo RB - Wyncote, PA (Dodge City JC) Offers: UF - UL, AzSt, Iowa, IoSt, (so solid to UF that others just gave up and moved on)

WR Rick Wells 6-2 195 **** - Jacksonville Offers: UF - SCa - MichSt, NC, VaTech, USF, Cin, etc

WR Isaiah Johnson 6-3 204 **** - West Palm Beach
Offers: UF - SCa - Mia, UL, USF, UCF, NCSt, ILL, etc.

LB/WR Vosean Joseph 6-2 210 **** - Miami
Offers: UF - SCa
- Mia, UL, OreSt, Pitt Syr, Cin, etc.

S/RB Tyrek Tisdale 6-1 201 4.8/40 **** - Orlando
Offers: UF - UK, SCa
- Mia, tOSU, GaTech, UL, OreSt, USF, Pitt, etc.

OT Branton Autry 6-4 320 **** - Prichard, AL (Coffeyville JC)
Offers: UF - Ark, Ms, Mizz, SCa
- OK, Bay, UL, AzSt, K-St, etc.

And some of those other 3 stars might pick up another star before NSD comes around. ;)

The Gator's Recent DB List: Joe Haden, Ahmad Black, Janoris Jenkins, Will Hill, Matt Elam,,,
VH-3, Brian Poole, Keanu Neal, Jalen Tabor, Quincy Wilson, Duke Dawson,
And McElwain already continues that DB trend ---
2015 - #33 CB/WR Chris Williamson 5-11 188 **** 79 Gainesville, Ga - 5A All State
Offers: UF--AU, UGA, UK, VU
- Mich, ND, VaTech, Cal, NC, etc

2016 - #3 CB Chauncey Gardener :)

Gone from 6 Ship OL in the Spring, to 15 to begin Aug practice with, and 22 total including the W-O's. :eek:

Also, from injuries and no depth at LB, to 6 Ships with 14 total including the W-O's.
If and when the injured fully return, the LB corp will be fairly loaded with good quality & decent depth.

Personally, I'm betting that the media-morons (#5 SECe) are about as accurate as is usual for them.... o_O

The 2016 Class: 8 of 14 are already rated as 4 stars on at least one site, (note offers).

#3 CB Chauncey Gardener 6-0 190 - Cocoa (ESPN 300 - Rivals 250) Offers: UF - UA, AU, UGa, LSU, SCa, MsSt, - FSU, Mia, tOSU, ND, OK, Neb, etc.

WR Josh Hammond 6-1 179 4.5/40 **** - Hallandale (ESPN 300) Offers: UF - UGa, LSU, MsSt, Tn, Vu - Duke, FSU, Mia, ND, tOSU, Mich, NW, etc.

RB Mark Thompson 6-2 230 4.4/40 Jr **** - #1 JuCo RB - Wyncote, PA (Dodge City JC) Offers: UF - UL, AzSt, Iowa, IoSt, (so solid to UF that others just gave up and moved on)

WR Rick Wells 6-2 195 **** - Jacksonville Offers: UF - SCa - MichSt, NC, VaTech, USF, Cin, etc

WR Isaiah Johnson 6-3 204 **** - West Palm Beach
Offers: UF - SCa - Mia, UL, USF, UCF, NCSt, ILL, etc.

LB/WR Vosean Joseph 6-2 210 **** - Miami
Offers: UF - SCa - Mia, UL, OreSt, Pitt Syr, Cin, etc.

S/RB Tyrek Tisdale 6-1 201 4.8/40 **** - Orlando
Offers: UF - UK, SCa - Mia, tOSU, GaTech, UL, OreSt, USF, Pitt, etc.

OT Branton Autry 6-4 320 **** - Prichard, AL (Coffeyville JC)
Offers: UF - Ark, Ms, Mizz, SCa - OK, Bay, UL, AzSt, K-St, etc.

And some of those other 3 stars might pick up another star before NSD comes around. ;)

The Gator's Recent DB List: Joe Haden, Ahmad Black, Janoris Jenkins, Will Hill, Matt Elam,,,
VH-3, Brian Poole, Keanu Neal, Jalen Tabor, Quincy Wilson, Duke Dawson,
And McElwain already continues that DB trend ---
2015 - #33 CB/WR Chris Williamson 5-11 188 **** 79 Gainesville, Ga - 5A All State
Offers: UF--AU, UGA, UK, VU
- Mich, ND, VaTech, Cal, NC, etc

2016 - #3 CB Chauncey Gardener :)

Gone from 6 Ship OL in the Spring, to 15 to begin Aug practice with, and 22 total including the W-O's. :eek:

Also, from injuries and no depth at LB, to 6 Ships with 14 total including the W-O's.
If and when the injured fully return, the LB corp will be fairly loaded with good quality & decent depth.

Personally, I'm betting that the media-morons (#5 SECe) are about as accurate as is usual for them.... o_O

zzz.gif

zzz
zzz.gif

Coach Mac is starting to prove that he's going to be a recruiting machine...pretty impressive what he and his staff have done so far. If they put a good offensive product on the field, and I believe that they will, we will be headed in right direction. Excited about CJM. Go Gators!

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Coach Mac is starting to prove that he's going to be a recruiting machine...pretty impressive what he and his staff have done so far. If they put a good offensive product on the field, and I believe that they will, we will be headed in right direction. Excited about CJM. Go Gators!

On Colin Cowherd last week Mac emphasized the need to get the ball to DRob and Powell as much as possible. I think if we are successful at this not only will the onfield production be good but it will help attract the playmaking athletes we need.

Now, lets see if Nuss can find these guys since neither is likely to be lined up in an I formation or at TE

On Colin Cowherd last week Mac emphasized the need to get the ball to DRob and Powell as much as possible. I think if we are successful at this not only will the onfield production be good but it will help attract the playmaking athletes we need.

Now, lets see if Nuss can find these guys since neither is likely to be lined up in an I formation or at TE

I believe we will use the TE a lot, I really don't have a problem with that, what's wrong with using the TE as an actual 'receiver", something we haven't seen at UF in years? We will rarely if at all be in the I formation and most of the time will run out of the pistol.

Yea idk bout this one. Haven't had much issue with our recruiting so far but we just got a kid who threw for 600 yards his junior year and doesn't even start on his own HS team. I don't get it.

Apparently, he played behind the record-setting QB that is going to TCU. Hence, the small stats. Very accurate. We shall see.

Yea we plan on taking two QB's so if we get who we're after it won't be a big deal. But I'd at least like to have our #2 QB start on his own team. I mean I get the guy he plays behind is damn good, but we're supposed to be attracting the best of the best two. A guy who

I don't think anyone is surprised that McElwain isn't setting the recruiting woods on fire yet, but is this what you guys expected your class to look like at this point?

I believe we will use the TE a lot, I really don't have a problem with that, what's wrong with using the TE as an actual 'receiver", something we haven't seen at UF in years? We will rarely if at all be in the I formation and most of the time will run out of the pistol.

It was a knock on Nuss, not an issue with TE. But again, can he find Powell and DRob??

Yea we plan on taking two QB's so if we get who we're after it won't be a big deal. But I'd at least like to have our #2 QB start on his own team. I mean I get the guy he plays behind is damn good, but we're supposed to be attracting the best of the best two. A guy who

Don't believe he has another Power 5 offer.

I'm guessing he's just taking a reach on a QB to serve as a backup to Grier/Harris until the 2017 QB gets on campus.

I hope at least - very Max Staver-ish

I mean all the things being said about him now are the same things that were said about Staver doe. I remember everyone trying to talk themselves into Staver being a good take at the time too. I mean the kids other offers are UT San Antonio and some other schools like that, Staver at least had BCS offers from schools like Vandy. Like I said before if we land another QB like we plan on doing then it's not a big deal, he'll probably end up being a backup type. But there's no way to sugarcoat us taking a guy who can't even get snaps on his own HS team.

I understand that many of you don't believe it, but I really do come in peace. Half my family are Gator fans, and my father-in-law played football in Gainesville. I was in the stands during the Rick Casares days. I think I ended up at Florida State because my sister went there. My interest in where McElwain is going is sincere.

Baylor and TCU are making a very good living bringing in kids that aren't star-heavy but fit their programs. Is this the plan? Or is McElwain fighting an uphill battle getting recognized in the southeast? Or does he have silent commitments from several kids with star-ratings?

Whatever the facts are, Florida is too big of a draw not to attract some big names, and I'm sure you will before this over, but it's intriguing to watch how this is unfolding.

QB-PP Kyle Trask 6-5 218 ** - Manvel, TX
Offers: UF -- (a sleeper at backup QB that McNuss ID'ed and offered and got)

Trask completed 70 percent of his pass attempts for 786 yards and 6 TD's with no picks. (deadly accurate is the description)

Zach at the Sun has a nice piece on him.

I understand that many of you don't believe it, but I really do come in peace. Half my family are Gator fans, and my father-in-law played football in Gainesville. I was in the stands during the Rick Casares days. I think I ended up at Florida State because my sister went there. My interest in where McElwain is going is sincere.

Baylor and TCU are making a very good living bringing in kids that aren't star-heavy but fit their programs. Is this the plan? Or is McElwain fighting an uphill battle getting recognized in the southeast? Or does he have silent commitments from several kids with star-ratings?

Whatever the facts are, Florida is too big of a draw not to attract some big names, and I'm sure you will before this over, but it's intriguing to watch how this is unfolding.

I expected us to struggle in recruiting early, at least on offense. I mean we've been bad there for so long and recruits don't know who our QB will be, what system we'll be running, etc. We were gonna have to put a good product on the field to come up there. But I'm surprised how we've struggled on defense. Collins is a beast coordinator and we've been good on defense for like a decade dating all the way back to Zook. And Collins runs and exciting brand of defense too. Yet we really only have 1 defensive commit that's highly regarded. That I don't get.

Reactions: BringBackBonner
I hope you have something else in your life that can bring you happiness GSMB. Else, you must feel miserable a lot.

I'm not upset by us taking Transk. Go back and R-E-A-D my first post about it. I was responding to Numbers' smartass comment.

Nothing wrong with taking a backup QB, Spurrier had plenty of QBs on roster that were not SEC caliber when he was here. Maybe Transk is SEC caliber, but if not, he can still help the team in some capacity.

I'm not upset by us taking Transk. Go back and R-E-A-D my first post about it. I was responding to Numbers' smartass comment.
I know you were, and that's exactly the reason for my post. Had nothing to do with the subject and everything to do with your sarcasm.

I mean all the things being said about him now are the same things that were said about Staver doe. I remember everyone trying to talk themselves into Staver being a good take at the time too. I mean the kids other offers are UT San Antonio and some other schools like that, Staver at least had BCS offers from schools like Vandy. Like I said before if we land another QB like we plan on doing then it's not a big deal, he'll probably end up being a backup type. But there's no way to sugarcoat us taking a guy who can't even get snaps on his own HS team.

Im not even saying much about the kid but.... watch his film that he does have, doesn't look like Staver to me.

Im not even saying much about the kid but.... watch his film that he does have, doesn't look like Staver to me.

This is a throwback name, but he reminds me of John Navaree...that QB who used to play for Michigan.

FWIW Friday Night Lights was the best it has been this past Friday in terms of talent that showed up since the Meyer years.

Weren't we leading for that QB Cole? I hope our recent commit didn't scare him off. It's very hard to sign a class with 2 QB's in it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT