ADVERTISEMENT

Rest In Peace - Semper Fi Nole

Re: Semper Fi

Never really mixed it up with him, as I am gladly banned from "The Message Board Out West", but saw a lot of his posts here- I respect the passion he had for his team, as we all do. Regardless, something like this always puts things quickly into perspective, and it is indeed a sad day. I send out my sincerest sympathy to all of his friends and family- may he rest in peace.

I am sorry to hear this. We were not exactly buddies, but somehow his constant cursing me out didn't really offend me - can't explain that, but it's true. I guess I detected self parody behind the bluster - though I'm sure he meant it too. In any case it was all just bs on a board and nothing as serious as real life.

I hope his family will be OK and will keep themselves strong and his memory alive.

Originally posted by jfrent:
I am sorry to hear this. We were not exactly buddies, but somehow his constant cursing me out didn't really offend me - can't explain that, but it's true. I guess I detected self parody behind the bluster - though I'm sure he meant it too. In any case it was all just bs on a board and nothing as serious as real life.

I hope his family will be OK and will keep themselves strong and his memory alive.

That was pretty good of you! While I hate your politics, I now have SOME respect for you. I can assure you that as much grief as Richard gave you on this board, if he passed you broke down somewhere he would do what he could to help you!

On a personal note jfrent.....semp liked tying up with you...he actually enjoyed the banter, even tho he came off as hard on you....
dude was a good guy....

Its human nature that they'll go on, something like this can phuck kids up for awhile, tragic really, all the way around. I do hope everything turns out as good as it can in a situation like this.

Originally posted by gator_56:

Originally posted by jfrent:

I can assure you that as much grief as Richard gave you on this board, if he passed you broke down somewhere he would do what he could to help you!

Quoted for Truth

VERY SAD DAY.....

frown.gif

I am at a loss...

He was a great guy that I "spoke to" at times on our fan pages.

I will miss him. Posting on The Lounge will be somehow different now. I can't explain it. Certainly puts things in perspective.

God Bless his family and friends...may God be with them during this difficult time (you too Swami).

n/m

Man that's awful. I often LOL'd at his postings, even when they were digs at me- when it came to busting-chops, the guy was WORLD CLASS...hahaha.

Thoughts to his family, and I know he'll be missed here.

Its really going to hit me on Labor Day.

We just talked last week making sure he was going to be at the tailgate. He was planning to meet up with a group of us before the game. I posted some pics on the smackboard thread.

I am still in shock.

He and I spoke often...he was there for me during a tough time last year and always had a shoulder to cry on and an ear to lend...and he never complained about my venting.

He seemed tough on the outside...but he was truly a sentimental guy on the inside.

I will miss my friend.

Originally posted by CommieGator:
Man that's awful. I often LOL'd at his postings, even when they were digs at me- when it came to busting-chops, the guy was WORLD CLASS...hahaha.

Thoughts to his family, and I know he'll be missed here.

I agree. Semper had a personality like no other. My wife sometimes would ask me why I was laughing so hard and it was usually because of Semper's posts. The smackboard will never be the same again without his humor. It's amazing how I never met the guy in person and find myself hurting as if I lost a close family member. May God bless his family! R.I.P. Semper!

Condolences to you Becca, and all of the others who were close to him. I wish I had known him personally. I am saddened that I never will. Once again, thoughts and prayers to the friends and families, the World lost a good one.

Never had the opportunity to chat with him but I really enjoyed his passion and humor. I hope they have that flyover with the missing man formation for the Miami game. I'll be thinking about my fallen fellow veteran. RIP.

He had his tough exterior and dry sense of humor...but deep down he was a guy who had a HUGE HEART and was sensitive. He always had time for his friends and his family.

My heart breaks for his family and his wife. They have been together since they were teenagers.

Originally posted by BeccaNole72:
He had his tough exterior and dry sense of humor...but deep down he was a guy who had a HUGE HEART and was sensitive. He always had time for his friends and his family.

My heart breaks for his family and his wife. They have been together since they were teenagers.

Truth....

Richard was a fine man....and cannot be replaced on this board

There's a storm rolling into Auburn...I'm going to sit out and watch it and remember the good banter we all had with him...

I'm glad E-Dub is finally here.

Thank you to our Gator neighbors to post about this. Beyond the rivalry and smack talk, we are all just fellow human beings.

Semp's passing has brought comments from Noles, Gators, Canes, Irish, and a slew of fans of other teams. I shows how much he meant to us all.

He will be missed. God Bless Semp, his family & friends, and all those he knew from message boards and tailgates.

Thank you God, for having him be even a small part of my life.

And, thank you Gators for the very nice tribute. God Bless.

Sad day for Seminole Nation. Semper touched many lives and will be missed by many.Prayers out to him and his family. Rest In Peace.

Live A Life That Matters Ready or not, someday it will all come to an end. There will be no more sunrises, no minutes, hours, or days. All the things you collected, whether treasured or forgotten, will pass to someone else. Your wealth, fame, and temporal power will shrivel to irrelevance. It will not matter what you owned or what you were owed. Your grudges, resentments, frustrations, and jealousies will finally disappear. So, too, your hopes, ambitions, plans, and to-do lists will expire. The wins and losses that once seemed so important will fade away. It won't matter where you came from, or on what side of the tracks you lived, at the end. It won't matter whether you were beautiful or brilliant Even your gender and skin color will be irrelevant. So what will matter? How will the value of your days be measured? What will matter is not what you bought, but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave. What will matter is not your success, but your significance. What will matter is not what you learned, but what you taught. What will matter is every act of integrity, compassion, courage or sacrifice that enriched, empowered or encouraged others to emulate your example. What will matter is not your competence, but your character. What will matter is not how many people you knew, but how many will feel a lasting loss when you're gone. What will matter is not your memories, but the memories that live in those who loved you. What will matter is how long you will be remembered, by whom and for what. Living a life that matters doesn't happen by accident. It's not a matter of circumstance but of choice. Choose to live a life that matters

Did you know that when you give to others in need, the Bible says it’s like giving directly to God Himself? When you step out and bless other people, you are honoring and blessing the Lord. The scripture tells us to give our best, to give generously. In other words, stretch yourself. Go out of your way. I encourage you today, look for ways to give generously and meet the needs of others. Remember, people have many different types of needs. There may be someone who needs some encouragement. Give generously when you give that encouragement. There may be someone in your life who just needs a friend. They need some quality time. Give generously of your time and pour into that person. As you give generously to others, God will multiply the seeds you’ve sown, and you’ll live in blessing all the days of your life. There are people who God brings into our lives that hold the key to our promotion. They hold the key to us reaching our full potential. But these people are not here to help us or to give us breaks or open new doors; these are people that God places in our path so we can help them, and show them favor. They are divinely connected to our destiny. We won’t go higher until we help them go higher. You have to step out and sow a seed into those people. The higher they rise, the higher you will rise. If you will help others fulfill their dreams God will help you fulfill your dreams. Make the effort to develop a habit of “pushing people up.” When you take time to invest in someone else it doesn’t go unnoticed. Every minute you encourage that friend, every mile you go out of your way to do a good deed, every penny you spend to make someone else better, know that God sees it. He’s not only going to pay you back, He’s going to multiply what you’ve sown. When you push people up, the blessings are going to come down! You’re going to get breaks, see His favor, and new doors are going to open to you. As you live your life as a giver, and look for ways to help others, you’re going to see your dreams and desires come to pass. God will fulfill His promises to you and you’ll live the abundant life He has prepared for you

Godspeed Marine. Your devotion to your family and country will not soon be forgotten.

Dammit. THis is like a kick in the stomach. Off the boards for a day and come back to this. Richard, you were true.

I'm going to take a break. This is not right.

JD Gator,
From this point on I shall only refer to you as "Juliet Delta" on the boards.

Originally posted by USMCatFan:
As you can see, I troll more than I post. This really sucks. RIP, Brother.

Hey man, the next time we see each other at Cocktails, I'll buy a round and we can drink one in Semp's honor....

Originally posted by ManicNole:
Thank you to our Gator neighbors to post about this. Beyond the rivalry and smack talk, we are all just fellow human beings.

Semp's passing has brought comments from Noles, Gators, Canes, Irish, and a slew of fans of other teams. I shows how much he meant to us all.

He will be missed. God Bless Semp, his family & friends, and all those he knew from message boards and tailgates.

Thank you God, for having him be even a small part of my life.

And, thank you Gators for the very nice tribute. God Bless.
Very well put, I second that

You don't really get to know most people on a message board , but Semper made a habit of reaching out to posters he liked and he established phone/email relationships with many of us. Many of us even had the pleasure of meeting him in real life as well.

Semper was a good friend, he was there for you when you had a problem or needed some positive words.

I can assure you anybody he "gave a hard time to" here, he would've bought a beer for in real life. He didn't take the rivarly thing seriously, he didn't "hate" rival fans, but he sure enjoyed pretending he did. He loved JD, Swami, Homer, etc and gave them tons of grief(and likewise). He really enjoyed Rivals(warchant/GB) because he loved people, and it gave him access to a lot of new people. Seeing threads on Canesport and Gatorbait(and on multiple different warchant boards), and how many rival posters and posters in general cared about him, shows what kind of guy he was

Semper will be missed by many. Hopefully one day we will have another beer together in a better place
This post was edited on 8/12 10:19 AM by BoNoles

I still can't believe he won't be posting anymore. He was the last person to comment on my fanpage.

I am not sure if that link works...

Anyway you can do a search for Rest In Peace RICHARD "Semper Fi" WILLIAMS under FB Groups.

The main pic on the page is a group shot from teh Spring Game with an Irish Poem.
This post was edited on 8/12 4:49 PM by BeccaNole72

Re: Rest In Peace - Semper Fi

I posted this on the smackboard, but I wanted to post it here as well. These are the memories I will always have of him.

I never got the chance to actually meet Semper, but for 2 years we have talked through emails, phone calls, and on the rivals message boards. When I first started posting on the smackboard (over 2 years ago-wow), I thought Semper was at times really harsh on Jax. He made it a point to email me and explain to me how it worked here. From that point on, I "got it". From emails and phone calls that we shared I knew he cared about alot of the posters here. He often spoke of Bo because he knew I was always asking about him. I think he thought of you Bo, as family. He thought Becca was something really, really special. He spoke of Alice and would tell me to go check out a thread on the Irish board. He had alot of fun over there. And believe it or not, he really thought alot about Homer and JD.

Semper had a way of using adjectives. I mean seriously, the guy could have a paragraph full of them for just one sentence. Some of my favorites started out with "sissy, slack-jawed, punk" lol

He was all over the place when it came to fan pages. If you've never checked out your fanpage you should, because there is a high chance that Semper has posted on it.

He hated basketball and often gave me a hard time because I love it, I will miss him doing that.

No one could say more with "GFYS" "STFU" or "Sounds great....die in a fire" better than him. lol

I know he enjoyed the banter with IPD. If IPD lived here I could see them two being really good friends and probably drinking way too much bourban.

Me, Semper, Marvin(mcanes), Kool, Bo, Seminiferous, and others had some really fun times on the Hokie Board.

Bo, I read where you mentioned his sigs. Damn did anyone go through more sigs than him? When I viewed sigs, I remember there was one day that he went through 4. lol ~ If anyone wants to see them you can go to his fan page and look at them under his pics.

I liked how he had certain names or references for some of us here.
Like Boss, horse and buggy, Nurse Hatchet, Snotty, 696969, Chimps at the mall, Princess, pimp monkey, JDelete, Slingblade-biscuits & mustard, etc...I will miss him calling me Lizzy.

Semper my friend, God speed.

i've teared up a couple of times these past 2 days thinking about him. i never had any contact outside of here, but he made me laugh, probably more than anyone else around here. we will miss him a lot, and like swam said, he is irreplaceable.

i just checked my fan page, and he had left two posts there, that i never saw until today. i could sense he was a special person, and now all the comments confirm it. i'm praying for your family, cause i know you are in a good place- semper, watch over us...

This post was edited on 8/12 1:51 PM by austingtr

Originally posted by NOAH2LEAK:
......I know he enjoyed the banter with IPD. If IPD lived here I could see them two being really good friends and probably drinking way too much bourban......

Semper my friend, God speed.

QFT

It would likely had been epic amounts of bourbon...
I consider him a friend now ~ it sux we never had an opportunity to meet in person

Who's gonna quote obscure passages of H.P. Lovecraft with me any more.....

I say we all chip in and hire a merc to burn jfrent at the stake in Semper Fi's honor. After all, he was always telling jfrent to "Die in a fire."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT