ADVERTISEMENT

Rest In Peace - Semper Fi Nole

HomerGator

Bull Gator
Oct 5, 2006
semper fidelis -- always faithful

Our friend semper fi nole passed away Monday, August 10, in Tallahassee.

The username is appropriate for a man who remained faithful to his God, his family, his country, his Corps, his friends, and his Noles.

There's a link below to his obituary at Tallahassee.com, which has a guestbook, if you would like to leave a note.

I hope that it will forever be Friday for you, Semp.

You will be missed.

This post was edited on 8/12 3:15 PM by HomerGator

Richard "Ricky" Williams - a.k.a. semper fi nole

Re: Semper Fi

Oh wow, how sad if true. We will miss him a lot. I hope it is a mistake, and he is doing fine.

This is really sad and very hard to believe at the same time.

Semp God be with you man I really enjoyed your wit; the times we spoke and the times we had on these message boards where I first came to know you.

God be with you and the ones you left behind. I salute you my friend.

They lie in flag draped coffins
War's time for them, is done
But, for their family and friends
The battle has just barely begun.

Some may have had babies born
That they will never get to know
Some, fiancees wait to marry them
But fate, would not let it be so.

Some parents bury their children
Not right, in the scheme of things
Just one, of the many horrors
That mankind's warring brings.

They fought for their god and country
They proudly answered duty's call
Along with all their comrades in arms
But, sadly, these just gave their all.

The haunting sounds of Taps
And a three volley, gun salute
An Honor Guard in uniform
At attention, standing mute.

The flag will be folded reverently
Presented to those left behind
A small token from a grateful nation
But, relief from grief is hard to find.

Their name added to a roll of Heroes
With all those who have gone before
And there seems to be no ending
God speed to you marine as you will be missed.

This post was edited on 8/11 1:19 PM by mcanes

Quite sad (though wondering why it was posted in the Smack board; I guess he posted there a lot). If its true, R.I.P. Semper.

I was going to throw a troll picture up for him :)

I'm all goose bumped. This is heart breaking. I hope he is in a better place, and that his family finds comfort.
This is a great loss for this board. RIP Semper, we will miss you dearly.

Does anyone know the cause?

Well I really hope this turns out to be some kind of a joke, but if not...

RIP semp, I really enjoyed your presence here and was looking forward to grabbing a beer with you at the FSU game this year.

Fallen%20Marine.jpg

This just ruined my day, I'm off the board until tommorow. Peace guys.

My God, I hope this is not true! Thoughts and prayers to the freinds and families if it is. Sadness overwhelms me.

Edited: just read the thread on warchant. No more politics for me today. See ya all later. RIP to Semper. Never met you, but feel we are friends! God bless you and your family, and thanks for your service to our country, and all you did to make this world better.
This post was edited on 8/11 1:35 PM by djegators

Like Orland said, Semper's son confirmed it on the SB. I am beside myself. Semper was a great guy.

If someone would post a note from me in that thread, I would appreciate it, as I am banned from warchant.

Originally posted by djegators:
If someone would post a note from me in that thread, I would appreciate it, as I am banned from warchant.

DJE, I've got ya covered.

.....its going to be hard for me to post on the Smackboard again....

That really sucks. I wasn't particularly close with him, this is a message board after all, but you hate to hear of someone passing anywhere.

Dear God, that is terrible news! I know I'm largely an outsider-looking-in on this board, but I must admit that I read this board frequently throughout my day as it's one of my favorites. Semper Fi was a humorist and one of the most to-the-point posters I've ever come across, and someone that I never ignored. Perhaps there's a way to send flowers for the funeral? I'd be honored to donate on his behalf.

Rest in peace, Sir, and Semper Fi!

~Mike

I'm too goose bu,ped to type properly. OMG, I'm sure he said he left the corps in the mid eighties. He couldn't have been that old. Tragedy. RIP marine.

I would love to send something to his family.
According to his profile, he was just 45.
We could also donate to the wounded warrior fund in his name. Does anyone know his name?
This post was edited on 8/11 2:12 PM by austingtr

Semper was in his 40s, and left a wife and three children.

He'll be sorely missed on so many levels.

One of the Good Ones has left us.

RIP.

Originally posted by austingtr:
According to his profile, he was just 45. We could also donate to the wounded warrior fund in his name. Does anyone know his name?

Richard Williams

It is just NOT in me today to post silliness.....I am truly sick with this news....
Richard and I would email back and forth all the time ...be it nonsense, or serious stuff, the guy was truly genuine....and one of a kind...in one of the best ways you could imagine....

This makes all of the other bull**it we deal with all the time really put into perspective....

I miss my friend

he would always ask me to post Bible stuff on his fanpage "to keep the demons away" as he put it. Man, o man.....

I...I don't even know what to say.

I'm out. Very sad day.

Make sure you all hug someone you care about or at least talk to them and let them know you love them...you just never know...

thank you Swami, i'm sorry for your loss, and for our loss. truly terrible news.

Amen.

It's finally sinking in for me, and I ain't liking it a bit. Semp was a great guy ... one of the constants on these boards. I don't think I'll be able to visit the boards without being saddened for quite some time.

Originally posted by SwamiG8R:
It is just NOT in me today to post silliness.....I am truly sick with this news....
Richard and I would email back and forth all the time ...be it nonsense, or serious stuff, the guy was truly genuine....and one of a kind...in one of the best ways you could imagine....

This makes all of the other bull**it we deal with all the time really put into perspective....

I miss my friend

Although I haven't been posting in the lounge for as long as some of you and therefore didn't know him as well as some of you, I can honestly say that for the time I've been on here Swami's post nails it. He came across as Real.

RIP and may God bless your soul.

Originally posted by austingtr:
According to his profile, he was just 45. We could also donate to the wounded warrior fund in his name. Does anyone know his name?

I am intending on making a contribution in honor of him to the "Special Ops Warrior Foundation." They are a great group, and you can count on the money going where it should. (My Dad works for them). They provide scholarships to the families of fallen specail ops personnel. Maybe we can set up a special memorial fund or something.

Great group here

Becca posted some pics of him on the SB. The boards will never be the same. RIP Semper.
This post was edited on 8/11 3:28 PM by NOAH2LEAK

link

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT