ADVERTISEMENT

Rest In Peace - Semper Fi Nole

Re: Rest In Peace - Semper Fi

lol,
i miss him, it is so strange, that i miss a guy i never really met?

I know for some people it seems silly to say "A friend of mine on a message board passed away"...but these are the times we live in....and I can tell you now....I have SEVERAL friends from here that I will have for LIFE....if something happened to them, its just like it happened to one of my old high school buddies.....
Semper was a friend....Ill never forget him....and it just happened to be one that I really enjoyed having on our site...

Originally posted by SwamiG8R:
I know for some people it seems silly to say "A friend of mine on a message board passed away"...but these are the times we live in....and I can tell you now....I have SEVERAL friends from here that I will have for LIFE....if something happened to them, its just like it happened to one of my old high school buddies.....
Semper was a friend....Ill never forget him....and it just happened to be one that I really enjoyed having on our site...
Not strange at all, you shared countless emails/phone calls with Semper, talking about life. Ironically last time I saw him a few weeks ago, the next day I was going to a funeral for a HS buddy who died unexpectedly. Semper was worried about me, told me to call him if I need someone to talk to, that was the kind of guy he was. He cared about people, even those he barely knew. If you knew him at all, you had a good friend, and he was there to listen to you if you had a problem. He counseled a handful of us on issues we had in life, like a big brother or a father

PS, I'm suprised I haven't seen evilwayz post. I know Semp and him were buddies, I don't read this board much and don't know evilwayz, but he came up last time we saw each other and Richard smiled and said in a positive way something like "I like evilwayz, he's crazy". Richard was a little crazy too(in a good way). I remember me telling him about a bear that had been seen running around my office, he told me multiple times he was going to come over and take care of it
laugh.gif

This post was edited on 8/12 4:43 PM by BoNoles

I too am surprised to be so gutted over someone I have never met, only chatted with online. Proves there is something special about him.

I would give anything to hear the conversation between him and Shriver Kennedy on the way up!
This post was edited on 8/12 5:24 PM by djegators

Originally posted by JD Gator:
Edub posted earlier in this thread.
I am blind. I didn't think he was slighting Semper, just figured he didn't know yet.

Originally posted by BoNoles:

PS, I'm suprised I haven't seen evilwayz post. I know Semp and him were buddies, I don't read this board much and don't know evilwayz, but he came up last time we saw each other and Richard smiled and said in a positive way something like "I like evilwayz, he's crazy". Richard was a little crazy too(in a good way). I remember me telling him about a bear that had been seen running around my office, he told me multiple times he was going to come over and take care of it
laugh.gif

This post was edited on 8/12 4:43 PM by BoNoles

LOL Evil will get a kick out of you saying that because just last night on the phone I told him that Semper liked him and enjoyed his posts.

You know, I meant to drive up there and have a drink with him.

He sent me his email address a couple months back, I meant to write to him but I never got around to it.

And it sucks because I bet he had a lot of shit to pass down, one Marine to another. Now I'll never know, because I was always too busy to take the time.

There can't possibly be a merciful God, what with Semper gone and assholes like argusman still breathing.

Originally posted by EvilWayz:

He sent me his email address a couple months back, I meant to write to him but I never got around to it.

And it sucks because I bet he had a lot of shit to pass down, one Marine to another. Now I'll never know, because I was always too busy to take the time.

There can't possibly be a merciful God, what with Semper gone and assholes like argusman still breathing.

Indeed.

I think you should use this to motivate you to get rid of all the people who you don't like.

For those who morn, shall be blessed... I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever.
Rip DDog

Hadn't been on the past couple days and just saw the thread over on the sports board. Really can't believe it still. Going to miss his banter for sure. RIP Semp.

Re: Semper Fi

Originally posted by IrishPokerDog:
Originally posted by djegators:
If someone would post a note from me in that thread, I would appreciate it, as I am banned from warchant.

DJE, I've got ya covered.

.....its going to be hard for me to post on the Smackboard again....

Could you do this for me as well IPD?

Don't beat yourself up, Dub. That's the last thing semper would want anybody on this board to be thinking.

From the Halls of Montezuma
To the Shores of Tripoli;
We fight our country's battles
In the air, on land and sea;
First to fight for right and freedom
And to keep our honor clean;
We are proud to claim the title
of United States Marine.

Our flag's unfurled to every breeze
From dawn to setting sun;
We have fought in ev'ry clime and place
Where we could take a gun;
In the snow of far-off Northern lands
And in sunny tropic scenes;
You will find us always on the job--
The United States Marines.
Here's health to you and to our Corps
Which we are proud to serve
In many a strife we've fought for life
And never lost our nerve;
If the Army and the Navy
Ever look on Heaven's scenes;
They will find the streets are guarded
By United States Marines.

GOD BLESS YOU SEMPER!

Live every moment, love everyday... I think he did that. He must be in a good place smack talking his ass off.

Thanks to 56 for attending the funeral this morning and representing Semper's friends who could not make it. I wish I was closer to Tally if not I would have gone. Scott said it was a very nice service and had the chance to talk to his son Chris and wife Pam. Told them that Richard touches MANY LIVES on and off the various message boards. His wife said that she will try to log into the SmackBoard in the coming days and post a message to everyone.

There is one thing I want to share with you guys that I dont think Chris will mind.

Chris called me after they went to say their final goodbye at the funeral home and see how he was going to be buried. Chris said that his dad had A LOT of face makeup on and was probably saying "I aint no god damn sissy...why all the makeup?"

I totally picture him saying that.

It still feels like a bad dream and that someone kicked me in the gut.

I am sure he'd be humbled to see how many "stupid lizards" (his term of endearment for the gators) were gonna miss him.
smilie1.gif

Thanks Becca for posting this and thanks to Scott and Bo for attending, that was really nice of them.

Thoughts and prayers for his family and friends.

RIP Semper

I'm copy/pasting 56 and my post on the smackboard concerning his funeral, in case anyone here didn't see that thread and would like to know this info (many here don't like WC).

56: "I'm, not sure who all attended besides Bo and myself but feel free to add anything I miss in this post.

It was a fitting service for man that so many held in such high regards. There were about 200 or so people(I hope he doesn't take this as attendance smack) there. The preacher read a few verses from the bible, and you woman sang very nice rendition of Amazing Grace, it gets me every time! One of the USMC's finest played taps while Two others performed the flag folding ceremony and presented to colors to his wife, after which the preacher dismissed the service with a word of prayer. Everyone made their way under the tent to offer there condolences to the family. I introduced myself to his wife and to Chris and told them I was from the message board and that there were a lot of others that wished the could have attended. I told them how much he meant to everyone here and that he will truly be missed. She thanked me for attending and told that he thought the world of all of us. She wanted me to pass on to you guys that she in a few days, when she felt like it she was going to make a post to tell everyone here how much we meant to him(That's when I lost it).

It was very evident from watching all in attendance that he was highly thought of, not only here but with everyone he came in contact with."

Me: I’d like to add that sempers wife was very sweet, she hugged 56 and I tightly and told us how much semper loved his Warchant/rivals buddies. I lost it a bit and cried like a baby for a moment in front of her, I’m not good at holding in emotion when someone I cared about dies. His son definitely reminds me of Semper, his son also said how much fun Semper had BSing with folks on rivals. As 56 said they gave him a good send off, the playing of taps always gets the emotions going in a situation like this.

There was a good showing of FSU folks that worked with Semper. A lot of sad faces as expected. His family seemed to be holding up well considering the circumstances, but I only spoke with them briefly.

I told his wife how many people liked him on rivals.

Like others, I regret not having met Semp in person, and I regret not having been able to make the trip for his services.

However, I appreciate the fact that we've all had the opportunity to express how much we respected him and enjoyed his repartee ... here on these boards ... the only place that most of us knew him.

This post was edited on 8/14 8:51 AM by HomerGator

I think Semper would get a kick out of the fact that more people have viewed his Friday thread than they have read the rules thread.

Hey dude, I noticed nobody posted in your thread today so I thought I would.

I got you a ka-bar, I'll bring it out to you when it gets here.

How appropriate
smilie1.gif
....I'd poked fun with Semp about his kabar on more than one occassion on his fanpage.....

Originally posted by NOAH2LEAK:
I think Semper would get a kick out of the fact that more people have viewed his Friday thread than they have read the rules thread.

Well ... I think some people may have viewed it more than once.

Originally posted by HomerGator:
Originally posted by NOAH2LEAK:

Well ... I think some people may have viewed it more than once.

No chance anyone has read the rules more than once
laugh.gif

Damn........I'm late to the funeral. This is really sad, he was way too young. I still haven't read what happened. I have been busy at work lately and haven't been here in a few weeks. I wouldn't have even known if not for Homer's sig. I thought it was some banning or something at first. Send my condolences to WC, I'm banned. Thanks.

Hey buddy, me and a couple of devildogs in town went out and had some beers for you.

Me as well. I met USMCatFan out at a local pub Friday, and I bought the entire bar a round. I made a toast to Semper with I don't know how many people....maybe 30-40. And I drank bourbon for my shots....Semper would have haunted me if I hadn't....
3dgrin.gif

I've switched to bourbon as my drink of choice, semper... I had a couple in your honor over the weekend (1 Jack, 1 Crown, 1 Knob Creek) and it's grown on me. So you're influencing my decision-making.

But I ain't switching to the Noles, so don't get your hopes up, jarhead!

That's odd... I've started drinking whiskey sours again instead of beer.

only the "sour" part is odd. The rest sounds good to me...

The odd was meant to indicate that we both had the idea to switch from our normal booze to bourbon.

I was jfwy.

Alcohol fairly often accompanies contemplative moments, at least for me. Semper's death has caused me several contemplative moments.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT