ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Panic??

Our situation is actually really weird. We have been down really for only about 4 years. Won a title in 09', Went 12-1 in 10', 6-6 in 11', 11-2 in 12', then 4-8 in 13', 7-5 in 14', and 10-4 last year. So really only three 'average' years.

Its no doubt more difficult to sell a program that's been down, but rankings actually don't correlate with team records that much. Recruits are most concerned with 1. Playing Time 2. Location 3. NFL chances. And we have all three in abundance. Muschamp's classes were very unbalanced but in terms of actual NFL talent, they were stacked. I don't know if it's JUST a Mac problem, but something does seem to be missing. Even at positions where we were offering tons of PT, and are still offering tons of PT, recruits weren't/aren't biting. I can't buy the 'we've been down' line of thinking because as I showed above we haven't really been that down. And teams that sucked for as much as a decade like UT, FSU when Fisher took over, Miami, Ole Miss, etc. are just killing it on the recruiting trail.

I do think the point about Fisher landing a guy like Joyner is legitimate though. I think it may have actually been James Wilder though. Fisher landed him and the perception of FSU's program changed. Same happened with Meyer and Tebow. We haven't been able to land that one signature player yet that everybody wants to follow. Maybe it would have been Eason last year? Idk. But we might need that to get the perception about us being on the way back to change.
Most HS seniors only know Florida as being pretty average. 5 years is an eternity for a 16 or 17 year old. Florida's last title in 2008...these kids were still in elementary school and few actually follow college football at that age.

Mac had a good first year. He has that and his track record at Bama and Colorado State to sell as well as the winning tradition of Florida. There is no reason why kids shouldn't be dying to play for the program -- BUT YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO SELL IT. For whatever reason, this staff are not elite recruiters right now. If you look at the recruiting rankings for the last 25 years of Gator football -- their recruiting in below average.

2015 -- With only a month to recruit and a class ranked around #100, Mc brought in 6 ESPN Top 300's including the #1 OT and the #2 DE both consensus 5 stars.

2016 - 7 ESPN Top 300's including a couple more 5 stars, plus 2 JuCo Top 50's, plus flipping the #1 JuCo K (a critical team need) from Saban/Bama.

2017 - His first 3 recruits are all ESPN Top 300's at critical positions, (QB-OT-WR)

With the players he brought in, plus what was left by the previous fired coach, he won the SEC-e going 7-1, undefeated in the SEC-e, while finishing with 10 wins in his 1st season.

He can't recruit,
he can't hire a decent staff,
he can't turn a program around instantly,
so FIRE his butt cause he'll never be even a decent HBC at UF.... o_O -- :rolleyes::rolleyes:

There are three opinions on the recruits, one that matters most, one for a relative comparison, and the third that doesn't matter at all, except to the doomer-gloomers and/or rival fans.

1. Gator Coaches - Our coaches know our team needs and the recruits quality for UF.
2. Other Top Coaches - Know their's. (see recruits OFFER list)
3. Recruiting service dweebs - Know they need to make a pay-check doing something...

1. So UF's recruiting board matters.
2. Other top coaches offers matter somewhat, just for a professional comparison.
3. Recruit Ranking Services don't matter, except as yappin' points in the off season.
* So use them when they help your own points of view, and otherwise ignore them. :D

Most HS seniors only know Florida as being pretty average. 5 years is an eternity for a 16 or 17 year old. Florida's last title in 2008...these kids were still in elementary school and few actually follow college football at that age.

Well then how do you explain schools who have sucked for so much longer recruiting well? Your point is valid, those kids have a short attention span but I don't think that explains it all. That's why I said something is missing.

Reactions: 850_Chris
You're a little off. You won the title in 08. In 09 you lost to Bama, 10 was Meyer's last year weren't you 8-5? Then Muschamp. The perception is you haven't been really good since Meyer's first retirement. Which is pretty true.

You're right. I'm off by a year. But still we haven't been that bad that long for that to be mattering too much.

2015 -- With only a month to recruit and a class ranked around #100, Mc brought in 6 ESPN Top 300's including the #1 OT and the #2 DE both consensus 5 stars.

2016 - 7 ESPN Top 300's including a couple more 5 stars, plus 2 JuCo Top 50's, plus flipping the #1 JuCo K (a critical team need) from Saban/Bama.

2017 - His first 3 recruits are all ESPN Top 300's at critical positions, (QB-OT-WR)

With the players he brought in, plus what was left by the previous fired coach, he won the SEC-e going 7-1, undefeated in the SEC-e, while finishing with 10 wins in his 1st season.

He can't recruit,
he can't hire a decent staff,
he can't turn a program around instantly,
so FIRE his butt cause he'll never be even a decent HBC at UF.... o_O -- :rolleyes::rolleyes:

There are three opinions on the recruits, one that matters most, one for a relative comparison, and the third that doesn't matter at all, except to the doomer-gloomers and/or rival fans.

1. Gator Coaches - Our coaches know our team needs and the recruits quality for UF.
2. Other Top Coaches - Know their's. (see recruits OFFER list)
3. Recruiting service dweebs - Know they need to make a pay-check doing something...

1. So UF's recruiting board matters.
2. Other top coaches offers matter somewhat, just for a professional comparison.
3. Recruit Ranking Services don't matter, except as yappin' points in the off season.
* So use them when they help your own points of view, and otherwise ignore them. :D
Instagator: Enough of the straw man arguments and gross exaggeration. No one is saying the guy can't coach or that he should be fired -- not one person. You lose a lot of credibility when you shoot down arguments that no one is making. What people are saying is that there is evidence to indicate that he might not be an elite recruiter. He has had 2 recruiting classes and neither is a consensus top-10 class (if you want to deny what the term "consensus" refers to that's when they take the average of all of the rankings by the different services). The second class of a coach is generally referred to as the "bump" class. You normally get a "bump" in your second year because you have a full year to recruit and you are selling your vision. In the "bump" year it doesn't matter what your record is in Year 1 or before you got there -- you are selling your promise and vision. At least at Florida, each of Meyer, Zook and Muschamp had consensus top-5 recruiting classes in their "bump" year. This is not an opinion it is fact. It is also a fact, that in the past 20 years, no team has won the SEC without having consistent top-10 rated recruiting classes. If you disagree with this, please name the team. I'm sure you are aware of all of this but I see that you normally don't let facts get in the way of your opinion. It also wouldn't be fair or accurate to say that his "bump" year wouldn't be until his third class because he wasn't hired until December. Why? He had the same amount of time to recruit in his "bump" year as Meyer, Muschamp or Zook. If you tried to argue that Mac's "bump" year is year 3, that would be called "moving the goalposts" and would be doing a disservice to Meyer, Zook and Muschamp. Again, Mac appears to be a good coach and a good recruiter but he may not be an "elite" recruiter. An "elite" recruiter at Florida would be a guy who consistently has top-5 consensus classes or top-10 with a few top-5 classes every few years. We'll see as he develops, but as for now he's not shown himself to be an elite recruiter. I'm sorry if this causes you to internally combust but so far it is a fact.

Instagator: Enough of the straw man arguments and gross exaggeration. No one is saying the guy can't coach or that he should be fired -- not one person. You lose a lot of credibility when you shoot down arguments that no one is making. What people are saying is that there is evidence to indicate that he might not be an elite recruiter. He has had 2 recruiting classes and neither is a consensus top-10 class (if you want to deny what the term "consensus" refers to that's when they take the average of all of the rankings by the different services). The second class of a coach is generally referred to as the "bump" class. You normally get a "bump" in your second year because you have a full year to recruit and you are selling your vision. In the "bump" year it doesn't matter what your record is in Year 1 or before you got there -- you are selling your promise and vision. At least at Florida, each of Meyer, Zook and Muschamp had consensus top-5 recruiting classes in their "bump" year. This is not an opinion it is fact. It is also a fact, that in the past 20 years, no team has won the SEC without having consistent top-10 rated recruiting classes. If you disagree with this, please name the team. I'm sure you are aware of all of this but I see that you normally don't let facts get in the way of your opinion. It also wouldn't be fair or accurate to say that his "bump" year wouldn't be until his third class because he wasn't hired until December. Why? He had the same amount of time to recruit in his "bump" year as Meyer, Muschamp or Zook. If you tried to argue that Mac's "bump" year is year 3, that would be called "moving the goalposts" and would be doing a disservice to Meyer, Zook and Muschamp. Again, Mac appears to be a good coach and a good recruiter but he may not be an "elite" recruiter. An "elite" recruiter at Florida would be a guy who consistently has top-5 consensus classes or top-10 with a few top-5 classes every few years. We'll see as he develops, but as for now he's not shown himself to be an elite recruiter. I'm sorry if this causes you to internally combust but so far it is a fact.

Thank You

All I can do is focus on the positive and let the stuff play out.

I bet WR Dre Massey will impress us as will RB Mark Thompson. Both may not have huge numbers their Junior year but will have super bright moments. By senior year they could be elite The few reports and coaches talk coming out of spring these two keel making big plays. Hopefully Tyrie Cleveland and the other WR signees will do the same.

DB Chauncy Gardner will be another elite cover DB.

One of these freshmen QB's will emerge to be our leader for multiple years. Something we haven't had in years.

We will finally have a good kicking game. At least consecutive PAT's won't be missed.

How will the OL and DL recruits pan out? Who knows right now?

Now let's hope these kids are good kids and don't fail drug tests, get arrested, make poor grades, or play the selfish role.

Many of those "elite top five" recruits from TOG were a cancer. Read today that D-Rob spent 45 days in a treatment facility. Great character evaluation by the last coach and his "elite top 5" class. I remember the D Rob commitment was one that helped his high rankings. Do I need to even need to mention our last two QB's character?

Coach MC had a mess of pieces on the table and is actually putting the pieces together and hopefully finding quality replacement pieces to complete it.

Some of you keep worrying about the dang rankings but fail to remember the poor attitudes those elites had.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Massey, Gardner and Thompson were all rated 4-stars or higher -- everyone expects these guys to pan out. The debate is about why aren't we signing more guys of their caliber.

Reactions: 850_Chris
Instagator: Enough of the straw man arguments and gross exaggeration. No one is saying the guy can't coach or that he should be fired -- not one person. You lose a lot of credibility when you shoot down arguments that no one is making. What people are saying is that there is evidence to indicate that he might not be an elite recruiter. He has had 2 recruiting classes and neither is a consensus top-10 class (if you want to deny what the term "consensus" refers to that's when they take the average of all of the rankings by the different services). The second class of a coach is generally referred to as the "bump" class. You normally get a "bump" in your second year because you have a full year to recruit and you are selling your vision. In the "bump" year it doesn't matter what your record is in Year 1 or before you got there -- you are selling your promise and vision. At least at Florida, each of Meyer, Zook and Muschamp had consensus top-5 recruiting classes in their "bump" year. This is not an opinion it is fact. It is also a fact, that in the past 20 years, no team has won the SEC without having consistent top-10 rated recruiting classes. If you disagree with this, please name the team. I'm sure you are aware of all of this but I see that you normally don't let facts get in the way of your opinion. It also wouldn't be fair or accurate to say that his "bump" year wouldn't be until his third class because he wasn't hired until December. Why? He had the same amount of time to recruit in his "bump" year as Meyer, Muschamp or Zook. If you tried to argue that Mac's "bump" year is year 3, that would be called "moving the goalposts" and would be doing a disservice to Meyer, Zook and Muschamp. :confused: Again, Mac appears to be a good coach and a good recruiter but he may not be an "elite" recruiter. An "elite" recruiter at Florida would be a guy who consistently has top-5 consensus classes or top-10 with a few top-5 classes every few years. We'll see as he develops, but as for now he's not shown himself to be an elite recruiter. I'm sorry if this causes you to internally combust but so far it is a fact.

"You lose a lot of credibility when you shoot down arguments that no one is making." :D:D:D

While youir own and a couple of others 'credibility' remains completely unasailable... o_O
Oh BTW, I G-a-S what you or anyone else here assigns as my 'credibility.' :p
----------

"What people are saying is that there is evidence to indicate that he might not be an elite recruiter."

What your own straw man is saying,,, and it's only your own opinion about what 'they' -- 'may' believe, (or not). --- keeRist! :confused: BTW, who elected you as the spokesperson for that consensus group of THEY? :rolleyes:
----------

"Meyer" -- should have been fired or allowed to leave a year earlier than he did after losing control of the team, (among the other things that he'd lost control of).
"Zook" -- was fired mid-season, and never had any control of the team.
"Muschamp" -- well, there are many and varied opinions on the musclecramp, but I'll just say that I'm happy that we now have McElwain instead.

The above is a perfect 3-way example of how big (or not) that the recruit 'service ranking' matter in finding a 'Top Quality' HBC. Spurrier was not the greatest recruiter in college football either, but he was an ethical winner! :cool:

As to your consensus bs; getting the consensus opinions of a half dozen idiots does not guarantee that you will have anything more than group idiocy...:p
(see the list of consensus 5 Star busts for a prime example) o_O

As far as a 'Bump Year' goes, how about this:
I take what's left of your 7-5 year, run 8-10 of your losers off, then add in my own choice of recruits including unranked walkons, and I win the SECe going 6-0 SECe and 7-1 SEC, with a 10 win season, after losing my 6-0 starting QB at mid-season. o_O = bump-you :cool:

Combust? Me??? --- Naw, I'm to busy LMAO :D:D:p:D:D

Massey, Gardner and Thompson were all rated 4-stars or higher -- everyone expects these guys to pan out. The debate is about why aren't we signing more guys of their caliber.

Tennis-sea's Head-BJ has signed consecutive Top 5 Consensus Recruit Classes, and that proves that you (and they) always know exactly what you're yappin' about.... :oops:

Now don't com-bust over any of my un-they supported opinions on this msg-board... ;)

PS -- Davis and Callaway were only 3 stars, along with several other Gator starters... :cool:

"You lose a lot of credibility when you shoot down arguments that no one is making." :D:D:D

While youir own and a couple of others 'credibility' remains completely unasailable... o_O
Oh BTW, I G-a-S what you or anyone else here assigns as my 'credibility.' :p
----------

"What people are saying is that there is evidence to indicate that he might not be an elite recruiter."

What your own straw man is saying,,, and it's only your own opinion about what 'they' -- 'may' believe, (or not). --- keeRist! :confused: BTW, who elected you as the spokesperson for that consensus group of THEY? :rolleyes:
----------

"Meyer" -- should have been fired or allowed to leave a year earlier than he did after losing control of the team, (among the other things that he'd lost control of).
"Zook" -- was fired mid-season, and never had any control of the team.
"Muschamp" -- well, there are many and varied opinions on the musclecramp, but I'll just say that I'm happy that we now have McElwain instead.

The above is a perfect 3-way example of how big (or not) that the recruit 'service ranking' matter in finding a 'Top Quality' HBC. Spurrier was not the greatest recruiter in college football either, but he was an ethical winner! :cool:

As to your consensus bs; getting the consensus opinions of a half dozen idiots does not guarantee that you will have anything more than group idiocy...:p
(see the list of consensus 5 Star busts for a prime example) o_O

As far as a 'Bump Year' goes, how about this:
I take what's left of your 7-5 year, run 8-10 of your losers off, then add in my own choice of recruits including unranked walkons, and I win the SECe going 6-0 SECe and 7-1 SEC, with a 10 win season, after losing my 6-0 starting QB at mid-season. o_O = bump-you :cool:

Combust? Me??? --- Naw, I'm to busy LMAO :D:D:p:D:D
Insta: I would respond to this post in detail if I could understand what it meant. You didn't refute anything that I said and what you posted is gibberish. My advice would be to lay off the emoticons, consider that there are different points of view than your own and maybe take a few deep breaths before you post. Posting less would also be advisable.

Again, I don't see where I or anyone said that Mac isn't a good coach and should be fired -- in fact, I said the opposite.

Tennis-sea's Head-BJ has signed consecutive Top 5 Consensus Recruit Classes, and that proves that you (and they) always know exactly what you're yappin' about.... :oops:

Now don't com-bust over any of my un-they supported opinions on this msg-board... ;)

PS -- Davis and Callaway were only 3 stars, along with several other Gator starters... :cool:
Tennessee's top recruits from their two big classes would have been true freshman and sophomores last year. If we beat them this year, you will have a point that I will happily concede. As it stands, we needed a miracle comeback to beat them on our home field last year and they are the favorite to win the East this year. They are the favorite because their back-to-back top-5 classes will be in their sophomore and junior years. By the way, Callaway was a four-star on rivals.

Last edited:
Tennessee's top recruits from their two big classes would have been true freshman and sophomores last year. If we beat them this year, you will have a point that I will happily concede. As it stands, we needed a miracle comeback to beat them on our home field last year and they are the favorite to win the East this year. They are the favorite because their back-to-back top-5 classes will be in their sophomore and junior years. By the way, Callaway was a four-star on rivals.

Uh oh my friend, you may be well on your way to getting the heinous ignore status like so many of us.

Uh oh my friend, you may be well on your way to getting the heinous ignore status like so many of us.
Time for an intervention. What does it say about a guy who has to put 20 people on "ignore"? Is it him -- or is it everyone else?

Don't we have the #1 recruiting class in the country for the 2017 class by average star rating. I remember the "average star rating" being a big deal when discussing the 2016 recruiting class by many in here.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Don't we have the #1 recruiting class in the country for the 2017 class by average star rating. I remember the "average star rating" being a big deal when discussing the 2016 recruiting class by many in here.

Yea but your point is flawed. We have less commits that plenty of other teams. Averages tend to DROP the more numbers you add into the equation. The only way for you to raise your average is to introduct increasingly higher numbers and even then you eventually level off because on the case of rankings you can't go infinitely high. It's a simple numbers game. A class with 10 commits and a 5.8 average is better than a class with 3 commits and a 5.9 average. The latter has the higher average because well, math. Doesn't mean it's better.

Either way none of this should be of concern to anybody at this point. It's April. If we don't pick up a few guys after the spring game and then in the summer then it may be time to be concerned.

So, we can all put judging our new HBC on hold, at least until his own recruits are all at least Soph's and Jr's. Sounds okay to me.... :rolleyes:

UF/Mc were picked to finish 5th in the SECe last season,,, close. :oops:
(you and they would be better off pickin' your dirty noses) ;)

"Callaway was a four-star on rivals."
o_O I thought that we were using the 'CONSENSUS 247 3 star' rankings? :confused:
I guess your bs varies to fit your own biased opinions.... :rolleyes:

Only 16 on my IGNORE list for the moment (so wrong yet again), but you might just make it 17 soon, as your own idiocy index is rapidly climbing into the stratosphere. o_O
And what it says is that I tire of the stalking trolls and I know how to deal with them/you.
You can still have your own idiot opinions, but I won't have to see them.
BTW, you could do us both a favor by putting me on ignore, before you have a nervous break-down after constantly getting B-slapped by me. :cool:

And lastly, you can take your idiot, unneeded advice and shove-it bubba. :p:p:p
While I sit back and chuckle at the Knuckle-heads some more. :D:D:D

Seems like it is time to crack a window open in the trailer of yours. Get some fresh air circulating.

Yep, rapidly approaching 20.

I guess you're another one that is just to lazy/stupid to put me on ignore, IF your opinion is really so low about my posts. Otherwise, you'll have to admit to being just another stalking troll with nothing better to do than to read my posts and then make snide/idiot/irrelevant posts about them... o_O --- bub-by schmuck :cool:

Time for an intervention. What does it say about a guy who has to put 20 people on "ignore"? Is it him -- or is it everyone else?

I don't know who you are, but I like you already.

-Sincerely,

Dunnygator, number one on the Insta ignore list and long time agitator

Mac had a good first year. He has that and his track record at Bama and Colorado State to sell as well as the winning tradition of Florida. There is no reason why kids shouldn't be dying to play for the program -- BUT YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO SELL IT. For whatever reason, this staff are not elite recruiters right now. If you look at the recruiting rankings for the last 25 years of Gator football -- their recruiting in below average.

I am not sure why thia concept eludes so many people.

Man, you need to quit using fact and logic. The correct reaponse is, "He is our coach, therefore I must pretend like everything is perfect"

But we have a 4.0 star average right now. Yes this comment is tongue in cheek. But let's face It ifnsome of you weren't complaining about something you would have nothing to talk about at all.

Tampa Bay Times writer Matt Baker tracks UF recruiting issues and QB play problems all the way back to Meyer's last days. The program needs to re-establish itself offensively to attract the top talent. Can't blame Mac for that yet...but he shouldn't get his ass kissed either.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/coll...rbacks-have-struggled-after-tim-tebow/2272092

In my opinion, that article demonstrates that our biggest problem as far as lack of production at qb has been coaching. We've had too many coaches and offensive coordinators, and the ones that we have had have done a poor job coaching these kids up and putting them in good situations. In many cases, we've tried to force the kids into schemes that don't fit them. We've tried to run pro-style with spread athletes and put throwers into the spread. If you look at the names that have come through, there's been enough talent to at least be competent at the position. We've been terrible since Meyer's last days and the dreaded "three headed monster."

I do think that Mac knows how to coach the position and knows what he wants. The kid he coached at CSU would look like Marino compared to what we've been watching the last seven years. Hopefully there's someone he can work with on this roster.

What I've also been saying, (coaching-carousel) since Charlie Fleece waddled through the door with his so-called 'schematic advantage offense.' o_O

3 Head Coaches -- 4 Offensive Coordinators -- 7 WR Coaches -- and several other coaching changes to add to the 'cluster' coaching chaos. :oops:

And then Mc-Nuss come in to that FUBAR situation and win 10 games, go 7-1 SEC and 6-0 SECe in their 1st season, even after losing their starting 6-0 QB mid-season...

~ But they choked on their last 3 games (with a mediocre QB that doesn't fit the system).
~ And they didn't bring in a Top 5 recruiting class (see what they did bring in, supposedly 2-3 stars and walkons, that still won 10 games). :eek:
~
See the incredible upsurge on the offensive side of the ball tonight! ;)
~ And there was no drop-off on the defensive side of the ball (2015 #8 Total D) as many of the doomer-gloomers had predicted.

While there are no sure-things in college football, ever, I'm still betting that the Gators will make it 12 in a row at No-Knox in Sept. :cool:

PS -- Mc's last 3 QB's (2-UA, 1-CoSt) have all been NFL draft picks.
(rsFr Grier was 6-0 with 10 TD's to 3 Ints before he screwed the pooch) :oops:

Last edited:
Lots of reason to be excited about that Trask kid if you're a Gator fan....for a frosh who didn't start in HS, he looked like an all star HS kid to me. Nice arm...nice field awareness. He definitely looked better than the Franks kid, who looked horribly lost.

Last edited:
We got a nice commit from a guy who should be a beast flex TE. Like his tape a lot.

And yea Franks just got a lot of work to do. Wouldn't surprise me if he never starts here. Trask is better and Allen is more polished that he is. If you put Franks' last two outings together he's had almost as many interceptions as completions. Typically you take nothing from those settings but at some point you just can't ignore it anymore.

Make that 4 ESPN Top 300's to begin Mc's 2017 class...

#1 TE-H Kemore Gamble 6-4 216 **** - Miami - ESPN Top 300
(while bs rivals has him as the #23 TE 6-3 220 ***) :rolleyes:

Rivals still has him as a receiver, which he won't be in college. He's already 220 and still growing. But he's athletic enough to play WR in HS and those guys make beast flex TE's.

Rivals is going to move him to TE in their next update. He's legit. He will be a very good fit for this offense.

When did Tennessee sign consecutive top 5 CONSENSUS recruiting classes? Once again, consensus is when you have add up all the major services and get an average or what is referred to as consensus. Now they were close, they were not consensus top 5. and as someone noted; their two best classes were 2014 and 2015. Which would start to really impact them in 2016....this NEXT season.

TENNESSEE's COMPOSITE or CONSENSUS RANKINGS;

2016 - 14th
2015- 4th
2014 - 7th
2013- 20's
2012- 20's

No, that goes ohio state, Bama, and Fsu for "star ranking" for 2017. Gators have two 4 stars and two 3 stars signed for the 2017 class.

This is what INSTA and anybody else who keeps sticking up for Mac. It's fine to say, we will wait for the 2017 class to get back to elite recruiting. That may be the case, it's a loaded class for the state of Florida and its Mac's third class. If he can't get those blue chips signed in these key areas, then he's in trouble.
(OL,DT, DB, LB) haven't recruited anywhere near good enough in those areas, in shear numbers. Can't just get one blue chip per position group, per class. Won't cut it.

Flat out Mac needs to get better at signing top talent in numbers on the offensive line, linebacker, defensive tackle, and defensive back. Those numbers are way low and he needs a huge year from those four areas. PERIOD.

No, that goes ohio state, Bama, and Fsu for "star ranking" for 2017. Gators have two 4 stars and two 3 stars signed for the 2017 class.
First off your an FSU troll who also pays money to subscribe to the ITG board. Secondly UF has 3 4* commits and 1 3* commit and lastly nobody is signed for any school for the 2017 recruiting class.

I'm actually not trolling. What baits did I troll today? Just stating facts here. I obviously meant committed and not signed for 2017. Good catch. I go by composite rankings, which takes all the services and gets average. You can just look at one service ranking. Haha. So it's two 4's and two 3 stars, trust me.

This is what INSTA and anybody else who keeps sticking up for Mac. It's fine to say, we will wait for the 2017 class to get back to elite recruiting. That may be the case, it's a loaded class for the state of Florida and its Mac's third class. If he can't get those blue chips signed in these key areas, then he's in trouble.
(and if do-do didn't stink like you, then it would smell good) ;)

(OL,DT, DB, LB) haven't recruited anywhere near good enough in those areas, in shear numbers. Can't just get one blue chip per position group, per class. Won't cut it.
(but what you just cut is stinkin' up the place bubba) :p

Flat out Mac needs to get better at signing top talent in numbers on the offensive line, linebacker, defensive tackle, and defensive back. Those numbers are way low and he needs a huge year from those four areas. PERIOD.

Looks to me like you might just be ON your period.... :confused:
(does anyone know how to access the Gator roster and a recruiting boards, much less the last season's 10 win results?) MDM looks like the newest idiot version of a Mad-Dog-Dollie... o_O
=======
Soph's, rsFr, Fr, and JuCo's were brought in by Mc-staff, add-um up.
(14 OL, 8 LB, 8 DE/DT, 3 DB)

#2 OT David Sharpe 6-6 347 Jr ***** - Jacksonville, FL
#32 OT Andrew Mike 6-6 303 rsSo *** - Tucson, AZ
#1 OG/OT Martez Ivey 6-5 312 So ***** - Apopka, FL (Fr OG All SEC Team)
#155 OT Fredrick Johnson 6-6 315 So *** - West Palm Beach, FL (underrated, Starter)
#21 OT Kavaris Harkless 6-5 307 Fr **** - Jacksonville, FL

#20 OG/C Cameron Dillard 6-4 308 rsJr **** - Canton, MI
#76 OC/OG T.J. McCoy 6-1 395 rsFr *** - Clermont, FL
#8 OC Brett Heggie 6-4 304 Fr **** - Mount Dora, FL

#27 OG/DE Antonio Riles 6-4 311 rsJr **** - Lawrenceville, GA
#3 OG/C Tyler Jordan 6-4 295 So **** - Jacksonville, FL
#36 OG Brandon Sandifer 6-3 339 rsFr **** - Warner Robins, GA
#79 OG/DT Richerd Desir-Jones 6-4 297 rsFr *** - Fort Lauderdale, FL
#105 OG Nick Buchanan 6-2 309 rsFr *** - Dunwoody, GA
#46 OG Jawaan Taylor 6-4 345 Fr *** - Cocoa, FL
#89 OG/OT Stone Forsythe 6-8 314 Fr *** - Winter Garden, FL - EE
------------
OT Marcel Benalcazar 6-7 333 Sr ** - Miramar, FL W-O (xfer from FSU)
OG Zach Shinn 6-2 287 rsSo ** - Plant City, FL W-O
OG Marcus Givens 6-0 272 rsFr ** - Saint Augustine, FL W-O
OG Nick Villano 6-2 293 rsFr ** - Wellington, FL W-O
OG Donovan Welch 6-4 263 rsFr ** - Clermont, FL W-O

* 2017 Recruit - #23 OT Kadeem Telfort 6-6 323 **** 5.8 (also an ESPN Top 300)
===========

#1 ILB Alex Anzalone 6-3 244 Sr ***** - Wyomissing, PA
#3 ILB Daniel McMillian 6-1 219 Sr **** - Jacksonville, FL
#47 OLB Jarrad Davis 6-2 230 Sr *** - Kingsland, GA (way underrated - starter)
#5 OLB Mat Rolin 6-3 216 rsJr **** - Ashburn, VA
NR OLB Rayshad Jackson 6-0 221 rsFr*** - Miami, FL
#26 ILB David Reese 6-0 240 4.8/40 Fr **** - Farmington, MI - EE (sleeper)
#17 OLB Vosean Joseph 6-2 207 5.0/40 Fr **** - Miami, FL
#24 OLB Jeremia Moon 6-4 210 4.7/40 Fr **** - Hoover, AL
* OLB Kylan Johnson 6-1 228 rsFr *** (QB) came to UF as a SS, now moved to OLB
Spring game: led the defense with 8 Tkl's, 6 Solo, 1 QBH, 1 Int.
-----------
LB Steven Stipe 5-11 210 rsJr ** - Waycross, GA
LB Cristian Garcia 6-1 233 rsJr ** - Miami, FL
LB R.J. Raymond 6-2 236 rsSo ** - Atlantic Beach, FL
LB Darius Singletary 6-1 197 rsFr ** - Jacksonville, FL
LB Jahim Lawrence 5-11 223 rsFr ** - Hollywood, FL
LB Will Thomas 5-9 222 Fr ** - Dunnellon, FL
-----------

17. #9 wsDE/RUSH Jordan Sherit 6-4 250 rsJr **** - Vero Beach, FL (OLB/DE)
97. NR DE/RUSH Justus Reed 6-3 240 rsSo *** - Clearwater, FL (OLB/DE)

94. #62 DE Bryan Cox Jr 6-3 268 rsSr *** - Ft Lauderdale, FL
55. #2 DT/DE Thomas Holley 6-3 267 rsSo ***** - Brooklyn, NY
70. NR DL Forrest Palmore 6-2 240 ** - rsSo - Punta Gorda, FL
96. #2 DE/DT CeCe Jefferson 6-1 275 So ***** - Glen St. Mary, FL (Freshman All SEC Team)
95. #138 DE Keivonnis Davis 6-4 230 So *** - Miami, FL
92. #45 DE/DT Jabari Zuniga 6-3 240 rsFr *** - Marietta, GA (Wt is down from 263)
98. #148 DE Like Ancrum 6-5 251 rsFr *** - Sebring, FL
-----------
?? #2 DE Antonneous Clayton 6-3 217 4.70/40 Fr ***** - Vienna, GA
42. #29 DE Jordan Smith 6-5 225 Fr **** - Lithonia, GA - EE
?? #47 DE Jachai Polite 6-3 248 Fr ****
---------------
91. #12 DE/DT Joey Ivie 6-3 295 Sr **** - Dade City, FL (DE grew into starting DT)
57. #6 DT Caleb Brantley 6-2 314 rsJr **** - Crescent City, FL

55. #2 DT Thomas Holley 6-3 320 rsSo ***** - Brooklyn, NY (down to 260, super shape)
54. #21 DT Khairi Clark 6-2 325 rsSo **** - Hollywood, FL
93. #35 DT/DE Taven Bryan 6-5 292 rsSo *** - Casper, WY (DE grew into DT)
62. #44 DT Andrew Ivie 6-1 302 rsFr *** - Dade City, FL (Joey's brother)
=========

Current Gator DB's = CB - Nickel - Free Safety - Strong Safety - OLB

90% of the Gator Secondary Players can play several, or all of those 5 positions.
The smaller/faster guys can play any of the first 3 positions, the bigger/stronger guys can play the last 3 positions, with a few of the most athletic being able to play any of the 5 positions.

#5 FS Marcus May 6-0 210 rsSr - AA
#8 SS
Marcell Harris 6-1 207 rsJr
#14 CB/Nic Nick Washington 6-0 198 rsJr

#16 CB/Nic Duke Dawson 5-10 202 Jr
#15 CB Quincy Wilson 6-1 211 Jr
#2 CB Jalen Tabor 6-0 200 Jr - AA
NR CB (jc) Joseph Putu 6-1 190 Jr *** - Providence, RI (10 Ints in 2015 - flip from Ark)
#58 Ath/CB Chris Williamson 5-11 192 So
#2 CB/Nic/FS Chauncey Gardner 5-11 205 Fr
#51 CB/RB McArthur Burnett 5-9 172 Fr
----------------
DB Michael Iorio 5-10 197 rsSr
DB Mark Norvelis 5-10 193 rsSr
DB Garrett Stephend 5-9 182 rsJr
DB Eddie Giles 5-9 164 rsSo

============

So yep, the cupboard is completely empty of any quality, just 2-3 stars with not even enough of them...... :confused: -- :rolleyes:

With 2017 ESPN Top 300's at QB-WR-OT-TE. :p

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT