ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Panic??

Right, so he was only around for a little over a month to recruit for the 2015 class. He was around the entire 2016 recruiting cycle and that class was inked last month so that is his "1st complete class". 2017 will be his "2nd complete class",,,,not his first.

While they drone on and on about a single minor point of opinion on 1st or 2nd, but then they totally ignore the 'meat' of the post that they don't really want to consider or comment on.... :rolleyes: typical

2017 Class - Will likely be a Top 5 class IMO, as they're off to a good start already:

#6 QB-PP Jake Allen 6-3 195 **** 5.8 - Ft Lauderdale, STA - 7-2-15. Invited to Elite 11.
Offers: UF - Miami, UCF, FL-Atl - Iowa, ColoSt, NCSt, Pitt, Rut, Cincy, etc.

* MVP of his regional 'Opening' while getting his Elite 11 QB invite.

#7 WR Daquon Green 6-1 186 **** 5.8 - Tampa - 7-24-15
Offers: UF - AU, UGA, MS, SCa, TN, UK -- Mia, USF, UCF, Mich, tOSU, VaTech, etc

#32 OT Kadeem Telfort 6-6 323 **** 5.8 - Miami - 7-7-15
Offers: UF - AU, LSU - Miami, USF, UL, NCSt, WVa, Syr, etc.

All three are on the ESPN Jr Top 300 List, and all 3 are already consensus 4 Stars.

While they drone on and on about a single minor point of opinion on 1st or 2nd, but then they totally ignore the 'meat' of the post that they don't really want to consider or comment on.... :rolleyes: typical

2017 Class - Will likely be a Top 5 class IMO, as they're off to a good start already:

#6 QB-PP Jake Allen 6-3 195 **** 5.8 - Ft Lauderdale, STA - 7-2-15. Invited to Elite 11.

All three are on the ESPN Jr Top 300 List, and all 3 are already consensus 4 Stars.

Ok, so at least you agree this is his "2nd complete class" and not his 1st. The class this year is certainly starting out better than the past two. Time will tell if momentum will pick up. The season, especially the second half, will probably be the deciding factor, again.

Top 20 (+ or - depending on which service you believe) after just a month.
Top 10 (+ or - depending) after being on the job for just 13 months.
~ SECe-C with a 10-2 regular season using a patch-work OL, and after losing his 5-0 starting QB mid-season.
Top 5 recruiting class (+ or - depending) is my prediction for the coming class.

Considering the near total 'cluster' that he inherited, I'm both happy and impressed with him and his staff already. :cool:

Top 5? Lulz:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Top 5? Lulz:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nail, you and your butt-buddy Mad-Dog-Dollie have been WRONG so often about the Gators that you can't blame me or anyone for LOAO :D at any stupidity that you throw out there. o_O
After all of your usual mouth-running about where the last (2016) classes would end up, the reality, even using biased Rivals, was:

14. Florida - Jim McElwain has only been at UF since Dec. 2014.
His 1st season as UF's new HBC was as the 10-4 SECe-C.
MD pre-dic-tions included: 4-8 season, Tn 31 - 7 UF, and his head-BJ out recruiting Mc.

16. Tennis-sea - The Head-BJ's 4rh-5th class?

19. Choke-la-homa - Slob Swoops has been there for what, 18 years now???

:p:p:p:cool::p:p:p

Last edited:
Reactions: TennesseeGator
Nail, you and your butt-buddy Mad-Dog-Dollie have been WRONG so often about the Gators that you can't blame me or anyone for LOAO :D at any stupidity that you throw out there. o_O:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
After all of your usual mouth-running about where the last (2016) classes would end up, the reality, even using biased Rivals, was:

14. Florida - Jim McElwain has only been at UF since Dec. 2014.
MD pre-dic-tions included: 4-8 season, Tn 31 - 7 UF, and his head-BJ out recruiting Mc.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: ( small class 2015 ) lost 4* to Illness

2016 Chokelahoma recruiting class

Ranked # 2 by scout:cool::cool: ( rivals rankings not out yet )

( 9 ) commits
( 8 ) 4* :cool::cool::cool:

JC RB not rated yet o_O

Looks like Mr. Ed has a potential recruiting shitshow in 2016?? :D:D:D Top 5 ?? :rolleyes::oops: With a bleak 2016 season approaching..... I would be panicking to if I where a lizzerd fan :p:p

Last edited:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: ( small class 2015 ) lost 4* to Illness

2016 Chokelahoma recruiting class

( 9 ) commits

JC RB not rated yet o_O

Looks like Mr. Ed has a potential recruiting shitshow in 2016?? :D:D:D Top 5 ?? :rolleyes::oops: With a bleak 2016 season approaching..... I would be panicking to if I where a lizzerd fan :p:p

Same ole smelly crap, year after year. Run that mouth now, disappear on NSD.
Even your weak memory should be able to remember the most recent, where you again ran you loser mouth, but are trying to ignore while you make your usual idiot choker claims.

14. Florida - Jim McElwain has only been at UF since Dec. 2014, (15 months)

Colorado State.

He is not an elite recruiter.
Bro...you have the most jaded attitude and opinion on things. I have no idea what your problem is...it would be one thing if what you say has a basis on things but it's almost like you just decide whether you like someone or not and then just love/hate them.

Honestly it's pretty tiresome to see your post...they are so predictable and obvious...almost like an old dog with no new tricks. There are only a few Sabans/Meyers in the last 30 years but there are a lot of other coaches that are really great and can win too...but we have been in such a bad situation because of how Meyer evaluated players the last couple of years and because Muscrat was a disaster. Now everyone knows that...and I know that you know a lot about football but what I don't understand is why you post so much ignorant *hit. I think that Mac has done an amazing job so far...considering the fact that his 'first class' they basically saved and the kids that came in this year (since they were in middle school) the Florida program has been average or a bust... and we had a good recruiting class...yes we need to be better but considering how we have been over the last several years it was a good class....we have been living off of our name over the last 25 years and guess what Mich? That doesn't cut the mustard anymore. Yeah were "Florida", we have a great program, a great history of the last 24 years, we are in a great location, NOW we are getting some great facilities, the university/athletic department is one of the best in the country, I love Florida, blah blah blah...but we have been average over the last 5-6 years and it's going to take a Herculean effort to over come that. He had an amazing season last year and if Grier would have stayed at QB the sky was the limit...didn't happen...he's gone and that has set back.

So ALL I"M SAYING is give the man a chance...IMHO what we will see out of Mac will be the team that we see next year....now that doesn't mean that we won't see some good things...or we shouldn't see some positive things but to compare Mac to anyone isn't fair...the timing isn't the same and we aren't in the same time as Meyer or Spurrier. I would be NICE if you could turn back the rhetoric...it's old and retarded. -rant over ;)

I think that Mac has done an amazing job so far...;)

You have to understand that saying things like this are just as much rhetoric as what Michi was saying. Mac has given us as many signs that he will fail as he has that he will succeed.

Myabe he figures out the recruiting side of it and thrives, but right now, gun to my head, I think there is a better chance of him getting fired in a few years than ever winning the SEC or having a winning record against FSU.

You have to understand that saying things like this are just as much rhetoric as what Michi was saying. Mac has given us as many signs that he will fail as he has that he will succeed.

Myabe he figures out the recruiting side of it and thrives, but right now, gun to my head, I think there is a better chance of him getting fired in a few years than ever winning the SEC or having a winning record against FSU.
When Coach Mac gets his " Wuerffel to Doering"moment, everything will change as well as recruiting.

( 9 ) commits

JC RB not rated yet o_O

New HBC McElwain's 2016 recruiting class was in the Top 11% for FCS football, (14/128). :p
(pet-peeve -- Mc = Irish -- Mac = Scottish -- kinda like calling UF the seminoles)

That UF 2016 class is better than two long time 'storied' programs, (OK/TN) with their (not-new) head coaches.

===============

The Gator offense needs a little more help than it's #8 in the Nation defense, so the 2017 recruiting starts off with the offense. McElwain will likely have about 1/2 of the 2017 class (9-12) by the end of August. And as anyone should know by now :rolleyes:, it's how you finish on NSD that counts. o_O

QB-PP Jake Allen 6-3 204 **** - Fort Lauderdale, STA (Elite 11)

WR Daquon Green 6-1 192 **** - Tampa (a bigger/faster Fr All SEC Callaway type)

LT Kadeem Telfort 6-6 323 **** - Miami (to protect the QB's blind side)
* per rivals ranking

UF already has solid quality/depth at both RB and TE for the 2016 season.
RB - 3 four stars RB's and a 5 star #1 JuCo RB -- 4 four star TE's.
============

Your chokers highest rated DB recruit (Trajan Bandy **** 5.9) is from Miami. UF/Shannon didn't even offer him, nor did FSU or Mia. However, I see that FL-Atl and FL-Int did offer him, so he's got to be top notch.

None of your other 3 over-rated DB's has an offer from UF (DB-U) either....

UF's QB is 6-3 204 -- Ok's QB is 6-1 183 (with no offer from UF)

UF's LT is 6-6 323 -- Ok's OG is 6-5 300 (with no offer from UF)

UF"s WR is 6-1 191 -- Ok's WR is 6-3 168 (with no offer from UF)

But all of your guys should do okay playing at the weaker Big12/10 level....

Fair assessment. Overall, still pretty early, however the offense still has a long ways to go and the defense will be challenged to continue to play at the pretty high level it was playing at when Muschamp was in town.

Fair assessment. Overall, still pretty early, however the offense still has a long ways to go and the defense will be challenged to continue to play at the pretty high level it was playing at when Muschamp was in town.
Three times with the heels, Dorthy.

A lot of people are making a lot of judgements just based on one season. We win the SEC east for the first time in years and I'm surprised about all the negative talk. Spare me the SEC east is average talk. The SEC east was average through Muschamp's years as well.

You have to give a head coach at a minimum of 2 years before you can make an honest assessment. I get this is a message board though and that isn't likely going to happen.

SO FAR, Mac does have a recruiting problem, I have no idea how anybody could objectively deny that. Even by some of his own stated expectations, we fell short. Now does that mean we're doomed to suck forever or that he'll fail? No. The reality is though our margin is much smaller because of the teams we recruit against. Look at the top 10 teams in recruiting and 5-6 of them are on our schedule. So if the goal is to win titles, 'pretty good' isn't good enough. That's not doom and gloom, that's reality. For reference, nobody would take Mark Richt's results here and he was a running joke on this board despite being a very good recruiter who also produced 'pretty good' results. So idk why people automatically throw out the 'unrealistically high expectations' card whenever anyone points that out. In your gut you're not willing to accept 'pretty good' either.

I also don't get the talk that we are struggling because we've been average for a few years. UT has sucked for almost 15 years, Jones is a clown of a coach, and they're still raking in top 5 classes. What has Ole Miss ever won? Same thing. When Jimbo got to FSU they hadn't been relevant in more than a decade...instantly started reeling in top 10 classes. Kirby Smart is doing the same thing at UGA now and they haven't come close to winning a title in almost 30 years AND they've been our b*tches for the majority of the time. There are sooooo many examples that disprove that you have to have won recently to pull top classes. I mean even Al Golden pulled a top 5 class at Miami, they haven't been relevant since 2002. And on and on. We just missed, it happens. But I think Mac realized that and is taking steps to correct, see Torrian Gray hire.

SO FAR, Mac does have a recruiting problem, I have no idea how anybody could objectively deny that. Even by some of his own stated expectations, we fell short. Now does that mean we're doomed to suck forever or that he'll fail? No. The reality is though our margin is much smaller because of the teams we recruit against. Look at the top 10 teams in recruiting and 5-6 of them are on our schedule. So if the goal is to win titles, 'pretty good' isn't good enough. That's not doom and gloom, that's reality. For reference, nobody would take Mark Richt's results here and he was a running joke on this board despite being a very good recruiter who also produced 'pretty good' results. So idk why people automatically throw out the 'unrealistically high expectations' card whenever anyone points that out. In your gut you're not willing to accept 'pretty good' either.

I also don't get the talk that we are struggling because we've been average for a few years. UT has sucked for almost 15 years, Jones is a clown of a coach, and they're still raking in top 5 classes. What has Ole Miss ever won? Same thing. When Jimbo got to FSU they hadn't been relevant in more than a decade...instantly started reeling in top 10 classes. Kirby Smart is doing the same thing at UGA now and they haven't come close to winning a title in almost 30 years AND they've been our b*tches for the majority of the time. There are sooooo many examples that disprove that you have to have won recently to pull top classes. I mean even Al Golden pulled a top 5 class at Miami, they haven't been relevant since 2002. And on and on. We just missed, it happens. But I think Mac realized that and is taking steps to correct, see Torrian Gray hire.

Another fair assessment. Reality can be kind or a bit of a bitch at times. All depends on if one decides to use a prism or not in order to view "the reality".

Another fair assessment. Reality can be kind or a bit of a bitch at times. All depends on if one decides to use a prism or not in order to view "the reality".
Or, it depends on how one views his or her world, based on incomplete information.

A lot of people are making a lot of judgements just based on one season. We win the SEC east for the first time in years and I'm surprised about all the negative talk. Spare me the SEC east is average talk. The SEC east was average through Muschamp's years as well.

You have to give a head coach at a minimum of 2 years before you can make an honest assessment. I get this is a message board though and that isn't likely going to happen.
True words...if anyone had made a thread saying that we would win the east going into last year they would have been laughed off this board. The fact that we won the east, regardless of the talk, is an amazing job all together. Will Mac make it as the Gators coach 5 years from now? I don't know but he did a damn good job in his first year, especially considering team that took the field...I think that we need to see a better team this year but all of those expecting more last year...not sure what more we could have reasonably done. Hell we had kickers that couldn't even kick a damn extra point and we still won the east. lol Again...last year's great job doesn't give Mac a pass forever but he did as much as anyone could have done with the pieces that were in place

Football - SECe Champs with a 10 win season in McElwain's 1st season.
(even after losing his 5-0 starting QB) o_O

Basketball - NIT Quarter-finals, 21-14, (10-10 SEC) and coach White is one win away from being the 'Winning-est 1st Year Head Coach in UF History.' o_O
(he's already tied for #1 with his 21 wins)

#1 Baseball at 21-1, 3-0 SEC o_O (2015 final-4)

#1 Softball at 30-1, 5-1 SEC o_O (back-2-back NC's)

#2 Lacrosse at 9-1, only loss to 2015 NC, #1 Maryland. o_O
(2015 Big East Champs)

SEC-C Gymnastics looking for a 4-Peat as NC's. o_O

Doom, despair, pain & ag-go-nee..... :rolleyes: --- :cool:

“Torrian Gray is a lively person,” Brini said. “He gets after the DB’s and bounces around out there. I love his coaching style, and that secondary is the definition of shutdown.” -- 4 Star #16 CB Latavious Brini 6-2 190.

Since his 1st trip to UF in late January, he has received 15 new offers from schools like: UA, LSU, AU, UGa, Ms, and USCw. However, UF's biggest competition seems to be FSU & Mia. - Miami

=====================

Reasons to smile at Spring practice:

True freshmen QB's Feleipe Franks and Kyle Trask obviously still have a long way to go in terms of learning the offense, but the two have already shown impressive skill passing the ball, OC Doug Nussmeier said. “They’ve done a really good job of studying extra and trying to prepare to the best of their ability."
Both will play in the Spring game, so we can all get an in-person look at their progress.

Fall Practice should be very interesting at QB while the coaches determine their starter and the backups....

My bet is:

Del Rio
Trask
Appleby
Franks (RS)

I'm curious to see Del Rio because of all the hype the coaches are giving him. Shane Matthews thinks he is better than Grier and I find that hard to believe.

IF Del is better than Grier, THEN I'd be just fine with your bet.

Like most fans with no dog in the line-up fight (none are my son ect), I just want the 'best' players to be the starters, irregardless of the positions.

The only reason that I'd rather see one of those true freshmen win the job is that it would settle the spot for the next 4 season, something that has not been true for quite a while now.

With the strong possibility of injuries, I'm also glad that they now have some solid quality and depth at the QB position.

My W-a-G (or amateur's wish) is:
Trask
Del Rio (if Trask or Franks is starter, Del would be an excellent backup)
Appleby (scout team)
Franks (taking a separation redshirt)

But as I said, I'd be fine with your bet too...

* Then next season, Allen can have the Fr redshirt to develop, instead of being thrown immediately into the SEC Defense grinder.
===========

Backup QB's don't need to xfer to be successful in college and then go on to NFL careers. Miami's NC success in the 1980's was due to QB's that only played for 1-2 years before moving on to the NFL: Kelly - Kosar - Testaverde - Toretta.

It would be pretty sweet for UF to have:
rsJr Del Rio, Soph Trask, rsFr Franks, & tFr Allen next season.

Insta, based upon your quote below Oozie7 is on your ignore list.

Just saying......

iG's Ignore List:

93nole99
alaskanseminole
Dunnygator1989
EvilWayz
Nuttless I-wish26
IrishDogPoker
JWtwitsquad
MDM9093
METSLOSE
Meatchicken-Gator
MJWilliamson
Nolick
oozy7
TNole902
ZZzzzz1059

Just so you and they will know why I'm not responding to their usual twit stalker bs.

While I mostly ignore them, they never miss a single thing that I post. They read every word while denying that they do, and then they stupidly critique what they supposedly aren't reading..... Too funny! :D:cool::D

Would prefer one of the freshmen too. I just don't see either Appleby or Del Rio as Chanpionship QB's so I'd rather start developing the other guys ASAP. And what do you know, me and Insta agree on something.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Insta, based upon your quote below Oozie7 is on your ignore list.

Just saying......

And based upon your memory, which is about as long as some other things, (your ugly girlfriend claiins)... :rolleyes:

I have also said that I will occasionally hit the 'show ignored comments' to see if anyone on my list has had something relevant to say. He did, so I responded in kind.

And while you didn't have anything useful to say, (like the rest of your usual circle-jerkers) it seems that you wanted another slap, so you got what you asked for,,, this time. :p

Would prefer one of the freshmen too. I just don't see either Appleby or Del Rio as Chanpionship QB's so I'd rather start developing the other guys ASAP. And what do you know, me and Insta agree on something.

Not a first, but it's always welcomed, as opposed to the ignore list trolls...
(not necessarily the agreement, but just a reasoned/relevant response) :)

Last edited:
And based upon your memory, which is about as long as some other things, (your ugly girlfriend claiins)... :rolleyes:

I have also said that I will occasionally hit the 'show ignored comments' to see if anyone on my list has had something relevant to say. He did, so I responded in kind.

And while you didn’t have anything useful to say, (like the rest of your usual circle-jerkers) it seems that you wanted another slap, so you got what you asked for,,, this time. :p

Insta, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

New HBC McElwain's 2016 recruiting class was in the Top 11% for FCS football, (14/128). :p
(pet-peeve -- Mc = Irish -- Mac = Scottish -- kinda like calling UF the seminoles)

That UF 2016 class is better than two long time 'storied' programs, (OK/TN) with their (not-new) head coaches.

===============

The Gator offense needs a little more help than it's #8 in the Nation defense, so the 2017 recruiting starts off with the offense. McElwain will likely have about 1/2 of the 2017 class (9-12) by the end of August. And as anyone should know by now :rolleyes:, it's how you finish on NSD that counts. o_O

QB-PP Jake Allen 6-3 204 **** - Fort Lauderdale, STA (Elite 11)

WR Daquon Green 6-1 192 **** - Tampa (a bigger/faster Fr All SEC Callaway type)

LT Kadeem Telfort 6-6 323 **** - Miami (to protect the QB's blind side)
* per rivals ranking

UF already has solid quality/depth at both RB and TE for the 2016 season.
RB - 3 four stars RB's and a 5 star #1 JuCo RB -- 4 four star TE's.
============

Your chokers highest rated DB recruit (Trajan Bandy **** 5.9) is from Miami. UF/Shannon didn't even offer him, nor did FSU or Mia. However, I see that FL-Atl and FL-Int did offer him, so he's got to be top notch.

None of your other 3 over-rated DB's has an offer from UF (DB-U) either....

UF's QB is 6-3 204 -- Ok's QB is 6-1 183 (with no offer from UF)

UF's LT is 6-6 323 -- Ok's OG is 6-5 300 (with no offer from UF)

UF"s WR is 6-1 191 -- Ok's WR is 6-3 168 (with no offer from UF)

But all of your guys should do okay playing at the weaker Big12/10 level....
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

choklehoma " Swoopes" just landed ( 2 ) 4* WR putting us at 10 4* in this class:cool::cool:

ranked # 1 scout:cool:
ranked # 2 EPSIN ( your favorite recruiting site ) :cool:

How' recruiting going for Mr.Ed? :eek::eek::D:D:D

Yes, 2015 was a full calendar year class, but as many here have pointed out, (and then quickly discounted), his first full year as UF's HBC ended in Jan of 2016.

McElwain was hired by UF on Dec 4, 2014 and arrived on Dec. 5th.
He did not take part in UF's bowl game. It was after the bowl in Jan that he stepped in to take over the team as the new HBC, with 2015 NSD 5-6 weeks away.
By NSD of 2016 he had been at the job for just slightly over 1 year and he had his first year as the HBC behind him with a 10-2 regular season record (10-4 overall). So while the 2016 NSD class was officially and technically his 1st full calendar season and his 1st recruiting class, it was just barely so.

I'm willing to give him a break and call the NSD Feb 2017 class his first 'real' recruiting class, with his staff finally solid and complete, and his Gator recruiting contacts now fully in play. Hatters will obviously disagree, which is fine with me, opinions vary.
This is a ridiculous way to look at things and this type of courtesy was not given to any of McElwein's predecessors.

Reactions: kellylexy
This is a ridiculous way to look at things (in your own less than humble opinion) and this type of courtesy was not given to any of McElwein's predecessors (by you and others).

"I'm willing to give him a break and call the NSD Feb 2017 class his first 'real' recruiting class, with his staff finally solid and complete, and his Gator recruiting contacts now fully in play. Haters will obviously disagree, which is fine with me, opinions vary." (give um a 2nd chance to see and understand, IF they want to that is,,, even as unlikely as that appears to be.) :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT