ADVERTISEMENT

Recruitin'

Our recruiting class is good with the chance for it to be very good. A lot can and will happen over the next few weeks.

As to the angst, I think that's overstated. It's more about the class not being as good as it can be given our mostly positive first year and the fact that it's this staffs bump year where almost all coaches get a major class brought in. That and the guys we directly compete with will likely have better classes than us come signing day unless something major happens. On per star average we're hovering the mid teens. In this class alone we have multiple guys who don't start on their own HS teams. Stuff like that is gonna overshadow the good.

I get all that. The class will ultimately be judged this time next year. Or maybe even some time after that. It is filling a great number of needs. Whether they are mostly quality guys or number fillers remains to be seen.

I think the class is good in that its addressing many of the holes left by Muskrat.

But I do agree, I do not look at this class and think playoffs in 2017.

Time will tell

Good thread...as a Nole fan I can say all fans do what is being done in here...it's comical. A few things.

1) oozie was a player and I'm sure he knows more about the process than most everyone.

2) If you think Rivals favors FSU you better ask Nole fans because they are convinced Farrell and Co have it out for us.

3) FILLING NEEDS IS ALL THAT MATTERS ! ( preferably with highly rated guys of course). It's about 2 or 3 years from now, not next year.

4) Looking at your class from an Nole perspective, it is pretty good. The abundance of 3 stars is a little curious, especially taking them so early , but there is time left and I suspect a few will go elsewhere once higher rated guys come in.

5) sadgator is my favorite poster in here....

Carry on kids....

I think everyone should learn a lesson about not using personal attacks against other people.

Yep, and how about 'stalking' and attempting to ride on another poster's every post? Is that just fine with you? (seems to be) o_O
Anyone can accept the occasional disagreement, or a difference of opinion, but not when it's constant and never ending... (who ALWAYS starts the attack chit?) :cool:

Moving right along....

#7 Florida ESPN - Gator 4 Star Ranked Recruits:

#8 DT Shaver Manuel (Scout 5 Star)
#4 QB-PP Feleipe'Franks
#10 DE Antonneous Clayton (Rivals 5 Star)
#12 WR Joshua Hammond
#5 FS Chauncey Gardner - (Rivals #3 CB)
#30 WR Freddie Swain
#27 DE Jordan Smith
#1 RB Mark Thompson - Juco (Scout 5 Star)
#6 WR Dre Massey - Juco
#20 S Quincy Lenton
#61 WR Rick Wells
#17 OLB Vosean Joseph
#24 OLB Jeremiah Moon
-----------
#7 Florida Rivals - Additional 4 Star:
RB Lamical Perine
--------------
#6 Florida at 247 Sports Composite
---------------
#1 Florida at Scout - Additional 4 Stars:
#22 Ath/CB/RB McAuthur Burnett
#13 S Jeawon Taylor
==============

Combine the Top 4 Recruit Ranking Sites and UF has 13 Four Stars and 3 Five Stars.

UF's 26 member class is 61.5% 4-5 Star's, (16 of 26). Class average ranking = 5.25.
=============

Scout's Final Top 100 List - Upgrade - Their Newest Five Star Recruits:

#5 DE Brian Burns 6-4 218 4.68/40 ***** -- UF, FSU, UGA

#3 Ath Demetris Robertson 6-1 180 4.54/40 ***** - UA, UGA, ND, Stan

#2 DE Jeffery Simmons 6-4 270 4.96/40 ***** - MS, MSSt

Last edited:
Update - 1-18-16 -- Florida has 2 FIVE STAR Recruits.

#10 DE Antonneous Clayton ***** (Rivals #5 DE - 5 Star)

#1 RB JuCo Mark Thompson ***** (Scout 5 Star)

(Scout dropped DT Manuel back to 4 stars (?) while Rivals raised DE Clayton up to a 5 Star)

But as we all know already, stars and class rankings mean nothing. :rolleyes:

PS

ESPN Recruiting has QB-PP Kyle Trask at (*** 77). Four Stars are 80-89.

Nuss ranks him a 5 Star and brought him in to UF's FNL's camp. After watching him on the field, Mc agreed to give him a UF ship offer. The next day Kyle committed to UF/Mc-Nuss. After watching his highlights on Hudi, I broke into my 'Happy-Dance.' :)

ESPN Recruiting now has UF with: 2 JuCo Top 50's - 8 Top 300's - Totaling 16 Four Stars
==============

* = Early Enrollee

* #1 RB Mark Thompson 6-2 228 4.38/40 - La Mott, PA - Juco Top 50 (Scout 5 Star)
#2 DE Antonneous Clayton 6-4 217
* #3 QB-PP Feleipe'Franks 6-6 214
* #3 FS Chauncey Gardner 5-11 197 (Rivals #3 CB)
* #5 WR Dre Massey 5-9 184 4.34/40 - (Juco Top 50)
#5 DT Shaver Manuel 6-4 305
#6 OC Brett Heggie 6-4 302
* #10 ILB David Reese 6-0 240
------------- Top 10's at Position
#12 WR Joshua Hammond 6-1 179
#13 S Jeawon Taylor 6-1 195
#17 OLB Vosean Joseph 6-2 207
#18 Ath/CB Aaron Robinson 6-1 185
#20 S Quincy Lenton 6-0 190
*#22 Ath/CB/RB McArthur Brunett 5-10 180
#24 OLB Jeremiah Moon t-4 210
----------- Top 25's at Positions
* #27 DE Jordan Smith 6-5 225 - Lithonia, GA
* #30 WR Freddie Swain 6-0 177 - Citra, FL
#30 RB Lamical Perine 5-10 215
#33 QB-PP Kyle Trask 6-4 230 (77 ***, 4 stars at 80)
#47 DE Jachai Polite 6-4 248
#61 WR Rick Wells 6-2 195
~ And the rest are still excellent imoho.... (but then I'm usually an optimist)
Plus #27 QB-DT Austin Appleby 6-4 238 rsSr (Purdue Grad-xfer for depth)
==============

Combine the Top 4 Recruit Ranking Sites and UF has 18 Four Stars with 1 of the 18 as 5 Stars but with a couple of more very close to a 5 star ranking.
UF's 26 member class is 69.2% 4-5 Star's, (18 of 26). Current class average ranking = 5.25.

PS
RHT 3, if UF's class is just 'pretty good,' iyoho. :rolleyes:
Then what would you call FSU's? An even more comical joke? :oops:
In your own kiddie opinion of course.... ;)

Meyer and Saban are GOATs. They can recruit like no other and can run a program. We used to recruit like that when Meyer was here.

Meyer and Saban are GOATs. They can recruit like no other and can run a program. We used to recruit like that when Meyer was here.

I'll buy that (GOAT) appraisal when either of them can go to a South Carolina and win 11 games in 3 consecutive seasons with an SEC schedule. o_O

Have I not written enough over the years to make you understand how much I hate the game?

Here's an article that will add to it. Two weeks before signing day, wow. And then people wonder why recruits don't stick to their commitments and continue to visit schools. You never know when you might get dropped. Saban is the worst at this and everybody is following his model to be on even footing. Remember a few years back they dropped a guy after signing day by telling him they had no more ships and wanting him to greyshirt.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...1/20/erik-swenson-michigan-football/79063212/

I no longer have any eligibility left. And I went professional in something other than sports.

I did throw a hellova spiral with a mini plastic football in 8th grade.

FB101S_standardstripe.jpg

Here's an article that will add to it. Two weeks before signing day, wow. And then people wonder why recruits don't stick to their commitments and continue to visit schools. You never know when you might get dropped. Saban is the worst at this and everybody is following his model to be on even footing. Remember a few years back they dropped a guy after signing day by telling him they had no more ships and wanting him to greyshirt.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...1/20/erik-swenson-michigan-football/79063212/

One of his demands to MeatChicken was they lessen restrictions on how business was done. It is for this reason they went and got a business man to be AD. They went from being mad Urban called a committed kid to having less standards than Saban.

sadgator is overrated. Truth be told, he hasn't had a witty post worthy of note in like weeks. He's the posting equivalent of a 3 star.

Yes you have the tendency to take plays off, but you flash upside enough for coaches to want you. Just need proper motivation..( Muschamp, Grier, et al..)

Reactions: sadgator
What about the string of 'recruiting service' 3 stars that Mc-staff recruited?
Why would the Gator coaches go after such poorly rated recruits?
Maybe, just maybe, they actually know what they're doing....

OC Brett Heggie 6-4 302 ***
--> UA-AA, Florida HS 1st Team All State.

Bama/Saban are working hard to flip supposed 3 star CB Aaron Robinson, a FL 8A 1st Team All State. They are now joined in their flip attempts by UGA, SCa, Tenn, USCw, NC, and the scUM....

Saban also decided to offer 3 star RB Lamical Perine, among several other UF 3 star verbals.
Last week, Perine was named the Alabama Class 7A RB of the Year.

Apparently Mc-staffs evaluations were way better than the recruiting services 3 star attempts.
Just as I've believed all along (and trusted Mc-staffs evaluations)....
And here's yet another example: S Jeawon Taylor 6-2 192 ***

Recently ranked the No. 1 Safety in Alabama, and taking his final trip to UF on Jan. 29.

Again: DE Jachai Polite 6-3 250 ***
Polite finished with the most sacks in the state of FL in 2015 becoming a Class 6A 1st Teamer.

How about Ath (CB/RB) McAuthur Burnett 5-10 175 *** (he may play both ways at UF)
He was recruited as a CB. However, heearned 1st Team All State honors as Pahokee’s RB in 2015.

Then there's 'too-small' and 'too-slow' CB C.J. McWilliams 5-11 164 ***
Only problem is, he's also a FL 8A All State selection.

It's kinda funny to me, that so many fans seemingly want many of UF's 3 stars to back out, while I'm hoping that most, if not all of them, stick with Mc-staff and UF.

As of 1-23-16, UF's Recruiting Class is ranked at:
#6 ESPN -- 6th Rivals -- #3 Scout -- and #5 247 Composit.

Nuss says El Mojito was better than any 5-star he's seen this year.

If coach would have put him in the game in the 4th quarter, we definitely would have won that state championship. He can throw a football over a mountain. Name that reference :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT