ADVERTISEMENT

Recruitin'

I'm not thrilled with our recruiting. Too thin on the offensive line and no game changing skill player yet.

Wait, don't you mean in your own usual 'doom & gloom' opinions?

#6 OC Brett Heggie 6-4 304 5.4/40 Fr ***
#45 OG Jawaan Taylor 6-4 345 Fr *** (Mia-flip)
#47-OT Stone Forsythe 6-7 331
Fr *** EE
(with more top quality OL on the way by NSD)

Feleipe' Franks 6-6 222 Fr **** Crawfordville, FL - EE
Kyle Trask 6-6 230 Fr *** 77 - Manvel, Tx - EE

NR QB Austin Appleby 6-5 228 4.9/40 rsSr *** 5.6 - N.Canton, Ohio - EE
(Purdue Grad-xfer)

#6 WR (JC) Dre Massey 6-0 185 4.34/40 Jr **** EE
#12 WR Josh Hammond 6-1 179 4.5/40 Fr **** EE
#14 WR Freddie Swain 6-1 185 4.5/40 Fr
**** EE

#61 WR Rick Wells 6-1 195 4.6/40 Fr ****

#1 JuCo RB Mark Thompson 6-2 230 4.38/40 Jr **** EE

#12 RB Lamical Perine 5-10 215 4.7/40 Fr **** (Possible EE-?)
#12 Ath/CB/#50-RB McArthur Burnett 5-11 185 4.41/40 *** (CB or RB un-decided)

A consensus Top 10 Class, likely a Top 5 by NSD. :cool:

So I'm just real sorry that you're not thrilled with Mc's first full class.... :rolleyes:

Wait, don't you mean in your own usual 'doom & gloom' opinions?

#6 OC Brett Heggie 6-4 304 5.4/40 Fr ***
#45 OG Jawaan Taylor 6-4 345 Fr *** (Mia-flip)
#47-OT Stone Forsythe 6-7 331
Fr *** EE
(with more top quality OL on the way by NSD)

Feleipe' Franks 6-6 222 Fr **** Crawfordville, FL - EE
Kyle Trask 6-6 230 Fr *** 77 - Manvel, Tx - EE

NR QB Austin Appleby 6-5 228 4.9/40 rsSr *** 5.6 - N.Canton, Ohio - EE
(Purdue Grad-xfer)

#6 WR (JC) Dre Massey 6-0 185 4.34/40 Jr **** EE
#12 WR Josh Hammond 6-1 179 4.5/40 Fr **** EE
#14 WR Freddie Swain 6-1 185 4.5/40 Fr
**** EE

#61 WR Rick Wells 6-1 195 4.6/40 Fr ****

#1 JuCo RB Mark Thompson 6-2 230 4.38/40 Jr **** EE

#12 RB Lamical Perine 5-10 215 4.7/40 Fr **** (Possible EE-?)
#12 Ath/CB/#50-RB McArthur Burnett 5-11 185 4.41/40 *** (CB or RB un-decided)

A consensus Top 10 Class, likely a Top 5 by NSD. :cool:

So I'm just real sorry that you're not thrilled with Mc's first full class.... :rolleyes:

I want at least one 5 star skill position offensive player. Then I will be happy. I proud of the holes Mc has filled so far.

I want at least one 5 star skill position offensive player. Then I will be happy. I proud of the holes Mc has filled so far.

Depends on which recruiting service you want to believe.
DT Manual and RB M.Thompson 6-2 230 4.38/40 are both 5 Stars by at least 1 service already. ;)

If we close with 6-high star guys and drop 3 we'll have a GREAT class. Otherwise it'll fill needs but be a tich disappointing.

COME ON MAAANN.... o_O

Rivals has UF with 10 recruits that are **** rated. Only 5 other programs have more 4 stars in their class. (and rivals-recruiting hates us while lovin' on reFSUcks)

ESPN has UF with 13 recruits that are **** rated, and with the most (26) commits to date.

Scout has UF with their #1 ranked class including 2 Five Stars (Manual/Thompson) and 11 four stars. :eek:

If we close with 6-high star guys and drop 3 we'll have a GREAT class. Otherwise it'll fill needs but be a tich disappointing.

No question. Recruiting for this staff will never be easier than it will be this year. If they can't land a great class, we should all start to (or continue to, after the bowl game stink bomb) worry.

COME ON MAAANN.... o_O

Rivals has UF with 10 recruits that are **** rated. Only 5 other programs have more 4 stars in their class. (and rivals-recruiting hates us while lovin' on reFSUcks)

ESPN has UF with 13 recruits that are **** rated, and with the most (26) commits to date.

Scout has UF with their #1 ranked class including 2 Five Stars (Manual/Thompson) and 11 four stars. :eek:

I hear you - we need to drop some dead weight though. If we land 4-5 more studs and the lower haning guys go elsewhere it'll be a legit great haul. Right now we're a bit top heavy.

No question. Recruiting for this staff will never be easier than it will be this year. If they can't land a great class, we should all start to (or continue to, after the bowl game stink bomb) worry.
I strongly disagree with that statement. For one I believe this class is already good with the potential to be very good. Secondly recruiting can certainly get easier and better as they have more of a chance to build relationships with prospects. Recruiting is still about relationships.

I strongly disagree with that statement. For one I believe this class is already good with the potential to be very good. Secondly recruiting can certainly get easier and better as they have more of a chance to build relationships with prospects. Recruiting is still about relationships.

A coaches second class (the first full one) is almost always a coaches highest ranked class because they can still sell hope and change and their first season's results is basically written off. From there it only becomes more difficult because you can no longer sell that and it becomes about results. That's probably what BBB is referring to.

We surprised with 10 wins, have a ton of PT to sell, tradition, SEC, etc. If things hold as they are, our average star rating would be the lowest for a UF class in the modern era I believe. And unless we add some premium guys we'll probably end up in the back half of the top 10 which would be the lowest ranked non-transition class in the modern era also. With everything we have to sell that should concern anybody.

A coaches second class (the first full one) is almost always a coaches highest ranked class because they can still sell hope and change and their first season's results is basically written off. From there it only becomes more difficult because you can no longer sell that and it becomes about results. That's probably what BBB is referring to.

We surprised with 10 wins, have a ton of PT to sell, tradition, SEC, etc. If things hold as they are, our average star rating would be the lowest for a UF class in the modern era I believe. And unless we add some premium guys we'll probably end up in the back half of the top 10 which would be the lowest ranked non-transition class in the modern era also. With everything we have to sell that should concern anybody.

Exactly right. Historically, coaches who take over a team and lead them to greatness load up like crazy in their 2nd class, even guys like Butch Jones and Zook went crazy with their bump class. In addition to the "bump" class, we have PT to sell all over the field, we exceeded expectations with 10 wins and a SEC-E title, and there was massive turmoil with a number of our recruiting rivals. UGA switched coaches, USCe switched coaches, Bama lost their DC, Miami switched coaches, LSU's coach was on a lava hot seat, Auburn lost their DC and struggled, FSU even showed some cracks in their foundation. I reiterate that this staff will never see these kind of tailwinds again, and I don't think this class is going to end up anywhere near a consensus top 5, let alone challenge for the top spot like you'd hope and expect with all this going on.

Doom, despair, pain and ag-go-kee,,,,
deep dark depression is comin' over meee,,,
twa-dent for bad luck I'd have no luck ah-tall,,,,
GLOOM, DESPAIR, AND AG-GO-KNEE on meeeee....o_O

Nope, can't say a thing to improve on that kind of attitude. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Big Nasty II
Just remember when McElwain took over from Muschamp it was the worst this program has been in a long long time. Muschamp left this program in worse shape for his successor than any other coach before him. The 4 years under Muschamp was the worst 4 year span in UF history all the way back to before the 90s. There was going to be uphill battle to climb for any coach that took this job. IMO only coaches like an Urban Meyer or a Nick Saban would be able to recruit at a big time level and that is because of their name recognition.

Don't forget our recruiting class last year was ranked #92 in the country when McElwain took over the program. That is how bad things had gotten here. McElwain did a hell of a job with closing out last years recruiting class.

Good with the potential for very good is not great, and it's not what I would expect with all of the advantages we have this year in our favor.

A consensus Top 10 Class, the #1 Scout.com class, among 128 D1 teams is freakin' OUTSTANDING. Plus they've got another month to try and improve on their already Consensus Top 10 Class. ----- Jus-damn! o_O

Reactions: Big Nasty II
Just remember when McElwain took over from Muschamp it was the worst this program has been in a long long time. Muschamp left this program in worse shape for his successor than any other coach before him. The 4 years under Muschamp was the worst 4 year span in UF history all the way back to before the 90s. There was going to be uphill battle to climb for any coach that took this job. IMO only coaches like an Urban Meyer or a Nick Saban would be able to recruit at a big time level and that is because of their name recognition.

Don't forget our recruiting class last year was ranked #92 in the country when McElwain took over the program. That is how bad things had gotten here. McElwain did a hell of a job with closing out last years recruiting class.

Complete and total bullshit. Typical Paco revisionism.

Did Daddy tell you to change your mind again? On the day of the bowl game you were ready to tar & feather McElwain writing you've now seen the light. You seem to have again changed your mind.

Reactions: Dannygator1989
Newbee (1st post) blather,,,, it's fine wid-me... :cool:
--------------------

2016 Scout.com Recruiting: 1-14-16
#1 Florida - 26 -- 2 - 11 - 11 - 2
============

Defense: (listed highest ranking from Scout, ESPN, Rivals, or 247)

#2 DE Antonneous Clayton 6-4 217 **** - Vienna, GA - Rivals
* #3 CB Chauncey Gardner 6-0 194 **** - Cocoa, FL - Rivals
#5 DT Shavar Manuel 6-4 305 ***** - Bradenton, FL - Scout
* #10 ILB David Reese 6-1 235 **** - Farmington MI - Scout
-----------
* #12 Ath/RB/CB McAuthur Burnett 6-0 185 **** - Pahokee, FL - 247
#15 S Jeawon Taylor 6-1 195 **** - Montgomery, AL - Scout
#17 OLB Vosean Joseph 6-2 207 **** - Miami, FL - ESPN
#19 OLB Jermiah Moon 6-4 210 **** - Hoover, AL - Scout
#20 S Quincy Lenton 6-0 190 **** - Meridian, MS - ESPN
* #27 DE Jordan Smith 6-6 217 **** - Lithonia, GA - ESPN
#31 DE Jachai Polite 6-4 248 *** - Daytona Beach, FL - 247

#59 Ath/CB Aaron Robinson 6-1 185 *** - Deerfield, Beach, FL - ESPN
#66 S Antonio Nelson 6-2 185 *** - Montgomery, AL - ESPN
#73 CB Christopher McWilliams 6-0 170 - Miami, FL - Scout

* #1 PK JuCo Eddy Pineiro 6-1 180 *** - Miami, FL - ESPN
(77 yard FG in practice, a 62 yard FG in UF's new IPF)

Offense: (listed highest ranking from Scout, ESPN, Rivals, or 247)

* #1 RB JC Mark Thompson 6-2 230 4.38/40 ***** - Wyncote, PA - Scout
* #3 QB-PP Feleipe' Franks 6-6 222 **** - Crawfordville, FL - ESPN
* #5 WR JuCo Dre Massey 6-0 185 **** - Mauldin, SC - ESPN
#6 OC Brett Heggie 6-4 302 **** - Mount Dora, FL - 247
----------
#12 RB Lamical Perine 5-10 215 **** - Theodore, AL - Rivals
* #12 WR Josh Hammond 6-1 185 **** - Hallandale, FL - ESPN
* #14 WR Freddie Swain 6-0 177 **** - Citra, FL - Scout
* #33 QB Kyle Trask 6-6 230 *** - Manvel, TX - ESPN
#45 OG Jawaan Taylor 6-4 345 *** - Cocoa, FL - 247
* #47 OT Stone Forsythe 6-7 325 **** - Winter Garden, FL - Scout
#61 WR Rick Wells 6-2 195 **** - Jacksonville, FL - ESPN

Consensus Top 10 Class on all four sites: Scout, Rivals, ESPN, 247.
With a UF record 13 * Early Enrollees, including Purdue Grad-xfer * QB Austin Appleby 6-5 239 *** rsSr - North Canton, OH

Last edited:
I used to go to Warchant to see baseless Gator hating; now all I have to do is come here. You all have short memories and ridiculously high expectations. All these Noles posting here must be rubbing off on you.

#starwhorestheforceawakens

I used to go to Warchant to see baseless Gator hating; now all I have to do is come here. You all have short memories and ridiculously high expectations. All these Noles posting here must be rubbing off on you.

#starwhorestheforceawakens

Everybody wants the same thing...to see UF do well.

Here are some of the schools that have offered a few current UF commits:
Texas San Antonio
Texas Baptiste
Grambling State
Louisiana Lafayette
Temple
Tulane
Western Kentucky
Troy
South Alabama

Do you feel those are the type of schools UF should be competing with for recruits? We have some really, really good prospects. Then we also have some really, really bad reaches. Also, this is our 'bump' class where almost every new coach brings in a major haul. And in a year where we won 10 games, have a lot of PT available, and a few of our rivals are in turmoil, we are still set to be out recruited by those schools. UGAs transition class for example will be better than ours and it's almost unheard of for a transition class to be good, even at powerhouse schools. So while y'all criticize people for 'hating' I hope you aren't complaining in 3-4 years about 'lack of talent' if we're losing games.

Reactions: seffnergator

Texas San Antonio
Texas Baptiste
Grambling State
Louisiana Lafayette
Temple
Tulane
Western Kentucky
Troy
South Alabama

is this list "only?" Or in addition to....other programs not named.

I

Texas San Antonio
Texas Baptiste
Grambling State
Louisiana Lafayette
Temple
Tulane
Western Kentucky
Troy
South Alabama

Do you feel those are the type of schools UF should be competing with for recruits? We have some really, really good prospects. Then we also have some really, really bad reaches. Also, this is our 'bump' class where almost every new coach brings in a major haul. And in a year where we won 10 games, have a lot of PT available, and a few of our rivals are in turmoil, we are still set to be out recruited by those schools. UGAs transition class for example will be better than ours and it's almost unheard of for a transition class to be good, even at powerhouse schools. So while y'all criticize people for 'hating' I hope you aren't complaining in 3-4 years about 'lack of talent' if we're losing games.

I don't per se disagree - if it was over today. But if we get the extra 5-6 top guys and drop 3...how will you feel then? I know it's a hypothetical but just wondering thanks.

I do think there's a real chance we grab a few more top guys and drop some bottom feeders. If that happens I'll be pretty damn happy.

So, just for grins, I looked at our commitment list. I only looked at 3 stars or less. Only three of those had two or fewer p-5 offers, not including Florida. Every other one had at least three or more p-5 offers. Listed are those commits with what I considered to be their most important p-5 offers, up to three. Most have more p-5 offers than the three listed.

Two Stars;

Trask- (no p5 offer other than Florida) Best offer, Fresno State

Three stars, listed alphabetically (by height);

Burnett- FSU, Miami, UL
Forsyth-BC, UK, Duke
Heggie- UNC, Miami, USCe
Jospeh-Miami, USCe, Maryland
Lenton-UGA, Auburn, Arkansas
McWilliams-UNC, Miami, Nebraska
Moon-Auburn, Wisconsin, UL
Nelson- Maryland
Pineiro-Alabama, Auburn

Polite- Auburn, USCw, Miami
Reese-Texas, Nebraska, UL
Robinson-Alabama, UNC, MSU
Smith-Alabama, FSU, UGA
Taylor-Clemson, FSU, Miami
Taylor-UGA, UNC, Auburn

So, to the point made by some folks, there ARE a lot of three stars. Yet the people complaining about this high number are often the same ones that complain that the star system is overused. That said, almost every single one of our three star guys have multiple offers from some very good programs.

The other part is this; are we filling our needs? The paucity of LBers bothers me. The low number of OL bothers me a *bit* less, given the number we have signed for each of the last two years. But we need at least one more imo.

I am not one to complain about this class, I think it is silly boarding on stupidity to get all up in arms about it. But maybe that is just me.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Louis Oliver - Chris Doering - Kerwin Bell - David Eckstein, just to name a few.
While 2-3 stars often play, 4-5 stars turn out to be busts all the time.
The coaches are betting on the 'individuals' that they recruit, not on how many stars that some group of chumps decide to put on them coming out of HS.

Recruit rankings are off season fodder for comments, but I'll place my bets with the professional coaches choices, ahead of the amateurish recruit ranking dweebs any day.

The only point you have today is the one that's oozzzing outta the top of your head. o_O

PS

Any school can make an offer to any recruit.
Just like any twit can make a biased post here.
Are you new? :cool:

So, just for grins, I looked at our commitment list. I only looked at 3 stars or less. Only three of those had two or fewer p-5 offers, not including Florida. Every other one had at least three or more p-5 offers. Listed are those commits with what I considered to be their most important p-5 offers, up to three. Most have more p-5 offers than the three listed.

Two Stars;

Trask- (no p5 offer other than Florida) Best offer, Fresno State

Three stars, listed alphabetically (by height);

Burnett- FSU, Miami, UL
Forsyth-BC, UK, Duke
Heggie- UNC, Miami, USCe
Jospeh-Miami, USCe, Maryland
Lenton-UGA, Auburn, Arkansas
McWilliams-UNC, Miami, Nebraska
Moon-Auburn, Wisconsin, UL
Nelson- Maryland
Pineiro-Alabama, Auburn

Polite- Auburn, USCw, Miami
Reese-Texas, Nebraska, UL
Robinson-Alabama, UNC, MSU
Smith-Alabama, FSU, UGA
Taylor-Clemson, FSU, Miami
Taylor-UGA, UNC, Auburn

So, to the point made by some folks, there ARE a lot of three stars. Yet the people complaining about this high number are often the same ones that complain that the star system is overused. That said, almost every single one of our three star guys have multiple offers from some very good programs.

The other part is this; are we filling our needs? The paucity of LBers bothers me. The low number of OL bothers me a *bit* less, given the number we have signed for each of the last two years. But we need at least one more imo.

I am not one to complain about this class, I think it is silly boarding on stupidity to get all up in arms about it. But maybe that is just me.

I don't care about stars. I care about filling needs and quality of offers. ALSO, schools cannot comment on offers, so visits are much more telling. A lot of kids will claim offers they do not have. For example, you see guys like Taylor list Clemson and FSU offers yet they've made no visits to those schools (even unofficially) and before committing to UF were looking at lesser schools? Why would that be if they have the offers claimed? At best they have conditional offers, which again speaks to quality.

Louis Oliver - Chris Doering - Kerwin Bell - David Eckstein, just to name a few.
While 2-3 stars often play, 4-5 stars turn out to be busts all the time.
The coaches are betting on the 'individuals' that they recruit, not on how many stars that some group of chumps decide to put on them coming out of HS.

Recruit rankings are off season fodder for comments, but I'll place my bets with the professional coaches choices, ahead of the amateurish recruit ranking dweebs any day.

The only point you have today is the one that's oozzzing outta the top of your head. o_O

PS

Any school can make an offer to any recruit.
Just like any twit can make a biased post here.
Are you new? :cool:

You don't understand statistics very well, or the concept of odds. So the whole first part of your post is a fail.

As to the second, I seem to recall you making the same arguments with the last staff. The fans didn't know shit you say. Now 4 years later though, you're complaining about the makeup of the roster. How could that be if the all-knowing coaches always make correct assessments? Uh yea, I'll trust my eyes over yours any day.

I don't care about stars. I care about filling needs and quality of offers. ALSO, schools cannot comment on offers, so visits are much more telling. A lot of kids will claim offers they do not have. For example, you see guys like Taylor list Clemson and FSU offers yet they've made no visits to those schools (even unofficially) and before committing to UF were looking at lesser schools? Why would that be if they have the offers claimed? At best they have conditional offers, which again speaks to quality.
Buddy we get it. You do not like our recruiting class. That is fine. Also, I DID address needs. We need more LB'ers. Maybe one more OL. That is about it.

And finally, like I said, almost ALL of our commits have more than three offers from P-5 programs, not including Florida. I only listed three

What another load of total crap.
And you are clueless about what it takes to succeed at UF as a student/athlete.

Go back for just the last 5 recruiting classes and list for us:
Those that were 4-5 stars that failed to produce up to the expected standards at football.
Those that were 2-3 stars that played an important part of the 'TEAMS' success.
Those that were gone before their time; transferred away, arrested, failed academically, dropped out, or were otherwise dismissed from the team.
Then list all of their offers and what all of those other offers meant.
Then chase you tail in progressively smaller circles until you disappear, oozzzing up your own butt. -- We'll all thank you for your effort... :cool:

Buddy we get it. You do not like our recruiting class. That is fine. Also, I DID address needs. We need more LB'ers. Maybe one more OL. That is about it.

And finally, like I said, almost ALL of our commits have more than three offers from P-5 programs, not including Florida. I only listed three

No need to straw man. I've already said there are some very good players in the class, but we are indeed top heavy. No need to shout down any critique by acting like anybody who doesn't think it's a grand slam class 'hates' it.

And see my response about how offers are validated. They are almost always from word of mouth of the recruit or his coaches. Because you see a school listed in the profile doesn't mean they have an offer at all or even a commitable offer. Visits are most telling. If some of the recruits you named have the offers they listed, why are wasting time visiting these lesser schools? To be different? Or maybe they don't have the offers they claim to have? Nelson lists a Maryland offer, yet his only confirmed visits unofficial or otherwise have been to Grambling. The same is true for a lot of our guys who claim better offers.

Last edited:
What another load of total crap.
And you are clueless about what it takes to succeed at UF as a student/athlete.

Go back for just the last 5 recruiting classes and list for us:
Those that were 4-5 stars that failed to produce up to the expected standards at football.
Those that were 2-3 stars that played an important part of the 'TEAMS' success.
Those that were gone before their time; transferred away, arrested, failed academically, dropped out, or were otherwise dismissed from the team.
Then list all of their offers and what all of those other offers meant.
Then chase you tail in progressively smaller circles until you disappear, oozzzing up your own butt. -- We'll all thank you for your effort... :cool:

You could have spared us all 10 seconds and just admitted that yes, you don't understand odds or the concept of outliers. Its the only reason you'd continue to list a handful of example of UF players, spanning decades at that, who outperformed their press clippings to try and make the case that it always happens. You're not very smart.

No need to straw man. I've already said there are some very good players in the class, but we are indeed top heavy. No need to shout down any critique by acting like anybody who doesn't think it's a grand slam class 'hates' it.

"Straw man" and "shouting down"? I am sorry you took my reasoning like that. I did not mean it that way at all. We are having what I consider to be a rational discussion with some disagreement. No straw mans and no shouting.Intelligent people do not always agree. Hence the discussion.

And see my response about how offers are validated. They are almost always from word of mouth of the recruit or his coaches. Because you see a school listed in the profile doesn't mean they have an offer at all or even a commitable offer. Visits are most telling. If some of the recruits you named have the offers they listed, why are wasting time visiting these lesser schools?

I get that. Maybe some guys can and do embellish their offers. That is not unlike recruiting services embellishing the star rankings. Recruiting is never an exact science, as we all well know. Given all that, I just do not get all the angst over this class. It seems like a good one, filling almost all our needs, with the exception of LBer and possibly OL

WoW! :eek:

Both you (ooze) and that spaced-bleeter are just soooo smart. I'm learning so much from your always learned posts. I can't believe that I've been around since SOS was our QB, but I still don't know chit about Gator football, or even about football in general.

Please continue to enlighten me/us about everything Gator football, cause just being in the Gator Alumni Association, (anyone with the $$ can join btw) along with other Gator-Grad family members, has taught me absolutely nothing over these many years. UF probably only graduates the idiots anyway.

I'm just so thankful that you and the several others posting here are so up to speed that you can show me/us all of our mistakes, and prove to us that:
1. Our new HBC and staff are all incompetent clueless twits as coaches or recruiters.
2. That Gator football (now and for the future), is nothing more than a dumpster fire.
3. That IF they would just put you guys in charge, that you could turn it all around with your VAST football knowledge.... (what did you say your current job is, and how much do you make doing it, just for a quick comparison?) :cool:

"Straw man" and "shouting down"? I am sorry you took my reasoning like that. I did not mean it that way at all. We are having what I consider to be a rational discussion with some disagreement. No straw mans and no shouting.Intelligent people do not always agree. Hence the discussion.

I get that. Maybe some guys can and do embellish their offers. That is not unlike recruiting services embellishing the star rankings. Recruiting is never an exact science, as we all well know. Given all that, I just do not get all the angst over this class. It seems like a good one, filling almost all our needs, with the exception of LBer and possibly OL

My bad then. I had just never said the class wasn't good so when you mentioned that I thought you were 'strawmanning me.'

I don't have a problem with 3-stars either and never mentioned that. FTR, my two favorite players in this class are Gardner and Burnett. And Burnett was an unranked 3-star until recently. I've never watched stars.

As to the angst, I think that's overstated. It's more about the class not being as good as it can be given our mostly positive first year and the fact that it's this staffs bump year where almost all coaches get a major class brought in. That and the guys we directly compete with will likely have better classes than us come signing day unless something major happens. On per star average we're hovering the mid teens. In this class alone we have multiple guys who don't start on their own HS teams. Stuff like that is gonna overshadow the good.

WoW! :eek:

Both you (ooze) and that spaced-bleeter are just soooo smart. I'm learning so much from your always learned posts. I can't believe that I've been around since SOS was our QB, but I still don't know chit about Gator football, or even about football in general.

Please continue to enlighten me/us about everything Gator football, cause just being in the Gator Alumni Association, (anyone with the $$ can join btw) along with other Gator-Grad family members, has taught me absolutely nothing over these many years. UF probably only graduates the idiots anyway.

I'm just so thankful that you and the several others posting here are so up to speed that you can show me/us all of our mistakes, and prove to us that:
1. Our new HBC and staff are all incompetent clueless twits as coaches or recruiters.
2. That Gator football (now and for the future), is nothing more than a dumpster fire.
3. That IF they would just put you guys in charge, that you could turn it all around with your VAST football knowledge.... (what did you say your current job is, and how much do you make doing it, just for a quick comparison?) :cool:

No, you just don't know shit about numbers, that much is clear. The rest is just dumb strawmen complete with smiley usage on par with teenage girls. Good job.

BTW, copy and paste skills aren't in high demand. They teach that in elementary school now.

2016 Gator Class Ranking:

#1 Scout - 26 -- 2 - 11 - 11- 2 --- With a UF record 13 Early Enrollees.

Yep, absolutely dismal class, while filling not a single need position.... :rolleyes:
And you're a proven 'numbers genius' I see.... (in understanding 1, 2, and 13)

At my last testing: :cool:
Reading - 420 wpm with 85% comprehension.
Typing - 55 cwpm. (38 cwpm on an old obsolete Royal manual typewriter)
GPA 3.67 on 127 semester hrs. (A's in Physics/lab & Organic Chemistry/Lab, ect)
And I've got your cut & paste hanging bubba... o_O

" A man's got to know his limitations." -- Dirty Harry
I can see why you are limited in your own use of emoticons to amplify your written words. :p

Last edited:
Every time you post you show that you're a very dumb man. You apparently don't understand what averages are.

Every time you post you show that you're a very dumb man. You apparently don't understand what averages are.

Sure I do. And I also fully understand what 'below average' means, when it comes to your own knowledge and understanding... :cool:

#1 Scout
# 7 Rivals
#7 ESPN
#7 247 Sports
Gator's 2016 Average Recruit Class Ranking = 5.5 (just terrible) :rolleyes:

Which in your average mind's thinking is not a Great class, and it might not even be a pretty good class. Thanks so much for your superior knowledge of numbers and averages....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT