ADVERTISEMENT

Mullen

Solid proof that Dan's offense has never impressed 4th & Dumb's defense when they had fairly evenly matched teams. Bama 12-0 vs UF 11-1, and without Harvin even in the game.

Last edited:
2008 Dan Mullen OC/QB's -- Now, do I need to post what Tebow said about Dan on his return to UF? :cool:
I found the quote!
“I've had the privilege of talking to Will and gotten to know him,'' Tebow said. “From playing against him, talking to him and watching him, you can see his passion, determination and will to win. He'll make Gator Nation proud and will bring Florida football back to its glory days.”

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
You guys done repeating that silly take yet? Regardless of how much you guys try to dismiss context to shit on Mullen, it matters to anybody who’s unbiased and don’t have hurt feelings about him.

From 1895-2009 Mississippi State won 7 bowl games. 7 bowl wins in over 100 years of football. Dan Mullen coached them to 6 bowl wins in just 9 years. Prior to Mullen Mississippi State had a winning record of below .500, Dan Mullen’s winning percentage at State was 62%, so Mullen improved their winning chances over 10 percentage points. Which is why he’s praised almost universally for the job he did there. It’s a garbage program that reached new heights.

It’s kinda like the silly narrative about how Mullen had only won 10 games once in his career. He comes to UF and wins 10 games instantly. Or how he had only beaten two ranked teams in his career. Comes to UF and beats three ranked teams in year one. It’s almost like being at a better program helps a coach win more, what a crazy concept. That guy Saban sucked for not being able to win big at Michigan State. Meyer? Garbage. Didn’t win big at Bowling Green. I’m willing to bet Mullen does a lot of winning at UF.

You guys done repeating that silly take yet? Regardless of how much you guys try to dismiss context to shit on Mullen, it matters to anybody who’s unbiased and don’t have hurt feelings about him.

From 1895-2009 Mississippi State won 7 bowl games. 7 bowl wins in over 100 years of football. Dan Mullen coached them to 6 bowl wins in just 9 years. Prior to Mullen Mississippi State had a winning record of below .500, Dan Mullen’s winning percentage at State was 62%, so Mullen improved their winning chances over 10 percentage points. Which is why he’s praised almost universally for the job he did there. It’s a garbage program that reached new heights.

It’s kinda like the silly narrative about how Mullen had only won 10 games once in his career. He comes to UF and wins 10 games instantly. Or how he had only beaten two ranked teams in his career. Comes to UF and beats three ranked teams in year one. It’s almost like being at a better program helps a coach win more, what a crazy concept. That guy Saban sucked for not being able to win big at Michigan State. Meyer? Garbage. Didn’t win big at Bowling Green. I’m willing to bet Mullen does a lot of winning at UF.
What is his record against ranked teams? 6 and 34.on the bright side he is 3 and 3 vs ranked teams at UF, but 0 and 3 vs ranked SEC East teams.

Last edited:
What is his record against ranked teams? 6 and 34.on the bright side he is 3 and 3 vs ranked teams at UF, but 0 and 3 vs ranked SEC East teams.

So I addressed these silly talking points in the post, and you basically came back with a question repackaging the same idiocy. That takes talent. You think it’s a coincidence he suddenly started beating more ranked teams when he got to UF? Did he get that much better all of a sudden or did he have access to better material?

Didn’t he address this clown take in his post? At the time they were ranked last year Mullen beat two top 10 teams in Michigan and LSU.
LOL, To quote coach Mullen, "Even a blind squirrel can find a nut!" He also lost to 3 ranked SEC East teams. The primary goal is to win the East, then the SEC, and get into the playoffs, then win it all.

LOL, To quote coach Mullen, "Even a blind squirrel can find a nut!" He also lost to 3 ranked SEC East teams. The primary goal is to win the East, then the SEC, and get into the playoffs, then win it all.

No shit Sherlock, how many coaches accomplish that in their first year at a school? It’s funny to watch you all hold Mullen to standards you won’t even hold your own coach too. And FYI only three coaches in the last 25 years have had better year ones at an SEC school than Mullen just had at UF. It must be because he sucks.

Reactions: PacoGator19

He was actually 3 and 31 against ranked teams before arriving at YOU EFF, then went 3and 3, so he did match his win total in just one year.

Yea, no shit. I knew that. If you were smart you’d realize you’re only helping to support my point. We’ll see how long it takes you to figure it out.

No shit Sherlock, how many coaches accomplish that in their first year at a school? It’s funny to watch you all hold Mullen to standards you won’t even hold your own coach too. And FYI only three coaches in the last 25 years have had better year ones at an SEC school than Mullen just had at UF. It must be because he sucks.
Yea, no shit. I knew that. If you were smart you’d realize you’re only helping to support my point. We’ll see how long it takes you to figure it out.
I agreed with you. You like to attack on a personal level instead of just having a debate.

Oh great another sensitive dawg fan. Where did I attack you personally? And I’m pretty sure I’ve barely interacted with you on this board so what do you know about my posting history? Hmmmmm.

You make too much damn sense young man.

Oh great another sensitive dawg fan. Where did I attack you personally? And I’m pretty sure I’ve barely interacted with you on this board so what do you know about my posting history? Hmmmmm.
Well, if I were smart, I'd figure it out in a short time. I'm female, thus sensitive.

Lol, biased take on the subject matter.

What exactly is biased about it? It’s all facts.

The narrative you all push about Mullen is frankly dumb. There are only a few schools in NCAA history who have won championships. The pool of schools who have won in the era where schools can’t just claim titles is even smaller. In order to win titles you need to: be in a talent hotbed or have the prestige to attract elite talent, have great infrastructure to continually attract the best talent (players and coaches), and have a passionate fan base to pour money into the program (which will continually fuel points 1 and 2). Mississippi State has none of those. They’re a podunk school in the middle of Mississippi who historically is a losing program, as I pointed out with the numbers showing exactly that. The state doesn’t produce much talent in volume and upper tier kids damn sure ain’t going to Mississippi State over schools like Bama, Auburn, LSU, UF, UGA, etc. Hell the top kids in Mississippi even would rather go to Ole Miss. To make matters worse they’re one of the poorest Power 5 teams out there, a few years back their stadium barely seated 50k and they had/have some of the worst facilities in the country, IIRC their AD was in the red not that long ago. That’s not a recipe for winning any championship. And that’s not even taking into account playing in what is still considered the best division in all of football with all those disadvantages. And a division that has the team who has dominated CFB for the last decade.

So basically the argument boils down to “well Dan Mullen couldn’t take Mississippi State and knock off the Bama dynasty!” Because that’s what would have had to happen for them to win any kind of championship. Now mind you coaches with far great resources were unable to do it, including your Dawgs, until Clemson came along, but Mississippi State was supposed to do it, well, because. It’s a stupid talking point that has to throw out all context to even make the slightest bit of sense.

And FTR I have no idea if Mullen will win championships at UF. The odds say he won’t because most coaches don’t. What I am telling you though is that has nothing to do with being unable to win one at MSU. And he will win more at UF because he has better resources. Whether he gets over the hump eventually is TBD.

And FTR I have no idea if Mullen will win championships at UF. The odds say he won’t because most coaches don’t. What I am telling you though is that has nothing to do with being unable to win one at MSU. And he will win more at UF because he has better resources. Whether he gets over the hump eventually is TBD.
Let's hope it's not 2048 until our next title.....

The narrative you all push about Mullen is frankly dumb. There are only a few schools in NCAA history who have won championships. The pool of schools who have won in the era where schools can’t just claim titles is even smaller. In order to win titles you need to: be in a talent hotbed or have the prestige to attract elite talent, have great infrastructure to continually attract the best talent (players and coaches), and have a passionate fan base to pour money into the program (which will continually fuel points 1 and 2). Mississippi State has none of those. They’re a podunk school in the middle of Mississippi who historically is a losing program, as I pointed out with the numbers showing exactly that. The state doesn’t produce much talent in volume and upper tier kids damn sure ain’t going to Mississippi State over schools like Bama, Auburn, LSU, UF, UGA, etc. Hell the top kids in Mississippi even would rather go to Ole Miss. To make matters worse they’re one of the poorest Power 5 teams out there, a few years back their stadium barely seated 50k and they had/have some of the worst facilities in the country, IIRC their AD was in the red not that long ago. That’s not a recipe for winning any championship. And that’s not even taking into account playing in what is still considered the best division in all of football with all those disadvantages. And a division that has the team who has dominated CFB for the last decade.

So basically the argument boils down to “well Dan Mullen couldn’t take Mississippi State and knock off the Bama dynasty!” Because that’s what would have had to happen for them to win any kind of championship. Now mind you coaches with far great resources were unable to do it, including your Dawgs, until Clemson came along, but Mississippi State was supposed to do it, well, because. It’s a stupid talking point that has to throw out all context to even make the slightest bit of sense.
My only question is why was he there for 9 years?

My only question is why was he there for 9 years?

Made sense for him to be. He’s easily the most successful coach they’ve ever had which means job security. He wasn’t getting fired so there’s no reason to leave unless it’s a job you really want. From all indications he was very happy there and would only leave for the right job. Y’all may not remember him calling UF a ‘lateral move’ when we stole Collins from him.

No different from Smart who as at Bama nearly a decade. The best coordinators get hired away from their schools in 2-3 years these days. So does Smart being at Bama for a decade mean he wasn’t good enough? No, he was in a stable situation and waited for his dream job. More coaches should do that tbh. Some of these coordinators wanna be head coaches so badly they take jobs they might not be ready for or are unstable then fail.

They did exist, but Tebow was the difference maker!:confused:
Once again demonstrates the near total ignorance.
Why don't you list all of the Gators that went on to the NFL during Tebow-time at UF.
(2006-09) You know, guys like Harvin that OC Dan had a hand in recruiting. :cool:

With a team that was 4-8 the year prior, that had to learn entirely new offensive and defensive systems.

Remember how much better Georgia got in year 2 under Shart? 8 wins to 13? What makes you so sure Mullen won't see similar improvement?

Franks 1st rating was as the #3 QB in the SEC. Here's a 2nd opinion... :cool:

In a recent story written by Steven Lassan ranking the SEC QB's, AthlonSports.com rates Franks the 4th best QB in the league as we head into the summer before the season. Like many, Lassan gives Florida head coach Dan Mullen a lot of the credit.

1. UA - Tagavailoa
2. - UGly - Fromm
3. - aTm - Mond
4. UF - Franks
5. Mizz - Bryant
6. LSU - Burrow
~ See the article for the entire list.

“Under Dan Mullen’s watch, Franks emerged as one of the most improved quarterbacks in the nation last fall,” Lassan wrote. “As a freshman in 2017, Franks threw for only 1,438 yards and 9 TD's, (8 Ints) and rushed for 20 yards on 58 carries. A year later, with Mullen calling the plays, Franks passed for 2,457 yards and 24 TD's to just 6 picks. He also raised his completion percentage to 58.4 and rushed for 350 yards and seven TD's.

Franks’ development helped Florida increase its scoring average from 22.1 points a game in 2017 to 35 in ’18.” Not listed among the accomplishments was Florida going from a 4-win season to a 10-win season and there is little doubt that Franks’ improvement had a lot to do with that. o_O

https://247sports.com/college/flori...-Franks-gets-high-marks-from-Athlon-132105413

With a team that was 4-8 the year prior, that had to learn entirely new offensive and defensive systems.

Remember how much better Georgia got in year 2 under Shart? 8 wins to 13? What makes you so sure Mullen won't see similar improvement?
My husband is a Gator. It wouldn't bother me if Mullen goes 11-1 in regular season and makes the playoffs, meeting UGA in the NCG, then lose to UGA for the second time in 2019 season. I actually root for UF unless they're playing UGA.

You see things from a Florida view, while I see things from an educated view. Just trolling. I'm a dawg and see things differently from you when pertaining to UF. Same as you when talking UGA. Opinions are what we all generate from how we see things. No one is right and no one is wrong when dealing with opinions.

My husband is a Gator. It wouldn't bother me if Mullen goes 11-1 in regular season and makes the playoffs, meeting UGA in the NCG, then lose to UGA for the second time in 2019 season. I actually root for UF unless they're playing UGA.

Then you have no understanding of what is between us and are no longer of interest.

Bingo to your comment. The SEC *was* better with Stallings vs Spurrier and Saban vs Meyer.

IOW, when Bama and Florida were the top dogs.

A lot of Bama fans think Mark Richt was a 'classy' coach for the same reason our rivals thought the same thing about Mike Shula.

Meanwhile, Saban is the complete asshole that they all respect. Same for Spurrier for the same reasons.
I live SOS as much as anyone, but if he weren’t our coach I’m sure I’d hate his guts. I would have given richt respect for being classy until the end zone thing... but I think he was taught his lesson on that one.

The natty loss wasn't because of coaching blunders. There was one bad decision (to not call the timeout) in the 2018 SECCG.
I don't get emotional. You're irrational. Bad coaches don't win 32 games in 3 years in the SEC. Smart is not a bad coach. Football people would disagree with you.
Not saying smart is a bad coach, not how many games did helfert win at Oregon? I think he might have been a bad football coach.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
The main reason you see so many Georgia fans on here is not because we have kicked your butt the last 2 years. It's that your coach keeps talking smack to Georgia and he hasn't ever done anything to back it up.

As long as you keep losing to Georgia, Kentucky and Missouri don't count on getting much respect
You guys showed up before he did any talking... some of you anyway. I will say nothing smart could say could make me want to go spend time on your board. And I hate f$u even more than you guys, and nothing could make me want to hear anything those morons have to say. I don’t get why you’d want to go to a rivals board. At all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT