ADVERTISEMENT

Mullen

You have your own "4th and" coach as well from what I've seen. What does that mean?

4th and Kirby refers to Kirby electing to run a fake punt against Bama at the end of the SECCG that was so obvious that Bama kept its BASE DEFENSE on the field. Kirby should have called a timeout and punted, but he choked.

But he did get a nickname......4th and Kirby.

4th and Kirby refers to Kirby electing to run a fake punt against Bama at the end of the SECCG that was so obvious that Bama kept its BASE DEFENSE on the field. Kirby should have called a timeout and punted, but he choked.

But he did get a nickname......4th and Kirby.
I get that, but like I said, Saban called a beautiful fake fg while Clemson was beating Bama down... and there's also the famous kick 6.

I get that, but like I said, Saban called a beautiful fake fg while Clemson was beating Bama down... and there's also the famous kick 6.
Yikes. This comparison is equivalent to Kirby’s fake punt call. Desperate and unnecessary. Saban trying to generate any kind of momentum in a losing effort and legitimately attempting a FG to win a game aren’t even in the same category as the Fields fake punt. That he then blamed it on the players for messing up instead of owning up to allowing the play to be called.

He lost credibility when he tried to compare Georgia Tech to Florida State. His Volunteer Orange Fever flared up again.

Where he does make a valid point is that Florida rarely if ever leaves the state, I commend Georgia and Ohio State for challenging themselves. Beating on this drum year after year is pointless though and it won't change anytime soon. Why should it if it still leads to what matters at the end? If Florida wins the SEC Title with less than 2 losses then there is still a good to fair chance they make the playoffs. This has nothing to do with Spurrier or Mullen, I don't know why you made that comparison.

He lost credibility when he tried to compare Georgia Tech to Florida State. His Volunteer Orange Fever flared up again.

Where he does make a valid point is that Florida rarely if ever leaves the state, I commend Georgia and Ohio State for challenging themselves. Beating on this drum year after year is pointless though and it won't change anytime soon. Why should it if it still leads to what matters at the end? If Florida wins the SEC Title with less than 2 losses then there is still a good to fair chance they make the playoffs. This has nothing to do with Spurrier or Mullen, I don't know why you made that comparison.
Mullen has been taking jabs at UGA since taking the job. Kirby has owned Mullen. Spurrier owned UGA. One guy earned the right to talk, the other not so much.

Reactions: DevilDawg10
Not at all. I can't help it that you don't like the fact that we were the youngest team in the SEC this past year. :D
Catch you tomorrow brother...

According to Georgia fans Kirby has the youngest team every year.

We both know why you guys claim this, but I'm the only one that will admit it.

Mullen has been taking jabs at UGA since taking the job. Kirby has owned Mullen. Spurrier owned UGA. One guy earned the right to talk, the other not so much.
Awesome! I think it’s great to have a coach with some confidence. Mullen has some cockiness that Spurrier and Meyer had. I’d prefer that to the bum PC guys that we had in Muschamp and McElewain they had loser like mentalities.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
That he then blamed it on the players for messing up instead of owning up to allowing the play to be called.

I missed this, so Kirby blamed the players on that fake punt? ROFL! Again....Bama kept its BASE DEFENSE ON THE FIELD. They knew what was coming better than Kirby did.

No timeout called. Kirby blew any chance Georgia had at winning that game with that call and any reasonable Georgia fan could admit that.

Reactions: ih8f$u

GADA

3* Dan wants no part of playing Riley Coyote and the Dustbowl chokers in a home home. Hides behind Steam boat Willie. :eek: The leghumpers and Sooners are working on a home home ;)

@instaGATOR

“Like I said, we already have that with Florida State,” Mullen added. “One thing that probably gets looked down upon. Would it be better to drop Florida State and schedule Oklahoma? That probably wouldn’t go over so well.”

:D

Mullen coached circles around Beaver in 2018 and only lost due to mistakes on his team, his injured secondary which didn't get to play in the game, and the fact that he's a 1st year coach with a team that has serious lack of talent issues when he came in. UGLY on the other hand is in year 3 with Beaver and that guy STILL doesn't know how to coach the damn team. All Beaver has done in 3 years is throw tons of cash at recruits every year and then hope his assistants can manage the game and he can out talent his opponents.

Let's not forget, Mullen has only been at UF for 1 season so far and went 10-3. Beaver's first season at UGLY was so bad, he had a losing record and made Butch Jones look competent and Tennessee thought they were going to win the SEC East.

Mullen coached circles around Beaver in 2018 and only lost due to mistakes on his team, his injured secondary which didn't get to play in the game, and the fact that he's a 1st year coach with a team that has serious lack of talent issues when he came in. UGLY on the other hand is in year 3 with Beaver and that guy STILL doesn't know how to coach the damn team. All Beaver has done in 3 years is throw tons of cash at recruits every year and then hope his assistants can manage the game and he can out talent his opponents.

Let's not forget, Mullen has only been at UF for 1 season so far and went 10-3. Beaver's first season at UGLY was so bad, he had a losing record and made Butch Jones look competent and Tennessee thought they were going to win the SEC East.
Mullen was very close to finishing 4th in the east in year one. People tend to forget that he was being booed off the field at halftime of the usc game before pulling out a nail biter. Then he went on that miraculous run against Idaho, FSU, and Michigan (with half their players sitting out).

Is Kirby, Beaver? So 8-5 in year one is considered a losing season? Not much separates 8-5 and 10-3 teams. Sometimes the ball bounces your way and sometimes it doesn’t, like losing to Tennessee on a Hail Mary...

Mullen was very close to finishing 4th in the east in year one. People tend to forget that he was being booed off the field at halftime of the usc game before pulling out a nail biter. Then he went on that miraculous run against Idaho, FSU, and Michigan (with half their players sitting out).

Is Kirby, Beaver? So 8-5 in year one is considered a losing season? Not much separates 8-5 and 10-3 teams. Sometimes the ball bounces your way and sometimes it doesn’t, like losing to Tennessee on a Hail Mary...
Well lets see one team went from 10-3 to 8-5. The other team went from 4-8 to 10-3. Interesting.

Well lets see one team went from 10-3 to 8-5. The other team went from 4-8 to 10-3. Interesting.
Given that turn around, I’m expecting the gators to win the east this year and challenge Bama in the title game. Wouldn’t you agree? There’s no way Mullen lets Kirby beat him 3 years in a row.

Given that turn around, I’m expecting the gators to win the east this year and challenge Bama in the title game. Wouldn’t you agree? There’s no way Mullen lets Kirby beat him 3 years in a row.
Yep & Mullen overachieved last year given the talent he inherited.

That’s not a very confident “yep”

I have a feeling you’ll be less confident the week of the cocktail party.
LOL. So now your telling me whether my Yep is confident or not. You can’t make this stuff up.

I really don’t think you can put either of those in the same category. You do the fake against Clemson to try and grab some momentum in a game that’s getting away from you. And you have to try the kick 6. It’s a game winning kick against your biggest rival for a shot at the national title. The fake in the secc was bad not only bc it wasn’t a smart decision, but it almost doesn’t count as a fake it was so obvious. I mean, when everyone in the stadium knows you’re going to run a fake, you might as well just line up in a real formation and go for it. The element of surprise is the biggest advantage you have in running a fake, and once he realized that was lost he should have gotten out of it.

Reactions: bradleygator
I really don’t think you can put either of those in the same category. You do the fake against Clemson to try and grab some momentum in a game that’s getting away from you. And you have to try the kick 6. It’s a game winning kick against your biggest rival for a shot at the national title. The fake in the secc was bad not only bc it wasn’t a smart decision, but it almost doesn’t count as a fake it was so obvious. I mean, when everyone in the stadium knows you’re going to run a fake, you might as well just line up in a real formation and go for it. The element of surprise is the biggest advantage you have in running a fake, and once he realized that was lost he should have gotten out of it.
I think Kirby knew his D couldn’t stop Bama at that point, thus the fake to try and catch them off guard. Either way, stupid call.

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
I think Kirby knew his D couldn’t stop Bama at that point, thus the fake to try and catch them off guard. Either way, stupid call.

I Think you’re right, and maybe if you catch them sleeping and steal a possession it’s not a bad idea. The problem was that no one was fooled. At that point you may as well punt. If you can’t stop them, at least make them go the length of the field. Maybe they make a mistake? Who knows. But yeah, not the best call he’ll ever make

Didn't Mullen win 10 games his first year at Florida?

How many did Kang Kirby win in his first year at Georgia?

It was a stupid call because he went through with it. As you said, the point of the fake punt is to catch the other team off guard. Everyone in the stadium knew it was a fake, I think even the announcers mentioned it.

Kirby should have been smart enough to see that, call a timeout and punt the ball.

He wasn't that smart.

Reactions: DawgAXE and ih8f$u

I have no idea who you're talking about. If you're trying to talk about Kirby, you should try some facts. What's with the immature name calling with some of you? It detracts from any serious conversation... not that your post was serious with the bad info.
What do you think Florida and Georgia's records will be this year?

By running up the middle ona fake? LOL.
Agree with you on the Dawgs... when Fields didn't get the snap off, Smart should have called timeout.

Reactions: buffaloslimm
I have no idea who you're talking about. If you're trying to talk about Kirby, you should try some facts. What's with the immature name calling with some of you? It detracts from any serious conversation... not that your post was serious with the bad info.
What do you think Florida and Georgia's records will be this year?

Predicting records isn't facts either, it's just more opinions.

The facts are, Mark Richt accomplished everything in his first three years that Kirby has. Maybe even a slightly better record.

The point is....Kirby's first three years really don't prove much, other than he can recruit Georgia well, which we already knew.

Maybe he's the next Vince Dooley, maybe he's the next Ray Goff.

At this point, both outcomes are just as possible, so Georgia fans might want to pump the brakes on talk of him dominating, until he actually does it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT