ADVERTISEMENT

Mullen

Predicting records isn't facts either, it's just more opinions.

The facts are, Mark Richt accomplished everything in his first three years that Kirby has. Maybe even a slightly better record.

The point is....Kirby's first three years really don't prove much, other than he can recruit Georgia well, which we already knew.

Maybe he's the next Vince Dooley, maybe he's the next Ray Goff.

At this point, both outcomes are just as possible, so Georgia fans might want to pump the brakes on talk of him dominating, until he actually does it.
Not really possible. Again, you're stating your wishes. A lot of hopes and wishes are being thrown about as facts about Smart.
No, Richt didn't play in a title game like Smart in his first 3 seasons.
I didn't ask the guy for facts about 2019. I simply asked what he thought the records of both teams would be this year. Feel free to answer for him.

Not really possible. Again, you're stating your wishes. A lot of hopes and wishes are being thrown about as facts about Smart.
No, Richt didn't play in a title game like Smart in his first 3 seasons.
I didn't ask the guy for facts about 2019. I simply asked what he thought the records of both teams would be this year. Feel free to answer for him.

Why? Whatever I or anyone else say you will just claim it's our hopes and wishes and dismiss it.

Again, I've talked to enough Georgia fans to know that it's typically a waste of time to get them to look objectively at their program.

What we've seen the last two years from Kirby is that he's a great recruiter, and that when he has elite talent, he can contend for the SEC and NC.

We've also seen that his own coaching got in the way of him winning both a NC and an SEC title.

Well we've seen that. Most Georgia fans have not, which ties back to my point about it being pointless to try to convince most Georgia fans to be objective about their program.

Mullen has been taking jabs at UGA since taking the job. Kirby has owned Mullen. Spurrier owned UGA. One guy earned the right to talk, the other not so much.

They’ve played against each once at their respective school numbnuts. Y’all are so desperate to ‘own’ something it’s pathetic. Insecurity showing all over the place.

Now this is where you’ll brag about beating lowly MSU which seems so underneath a blue blood with so many accomplishments like UGA has. Or winning by 19 last year and when UF fans remind you it was year 1 you’ll call it a moral victory even though you idiots have every excuse in the book for Kirby getting drug up and down the field year 1 at UGA. But that didn’t count because year 1.

Mullen was very close to finishing 4th in the east in year one. People tend to forget that he was being booed off the field at halftime of the usc game before pulling out a nail biter. Then he went on that miraculous run against Idaho, FSU, and Michigan (with half their players sitting out).

Is Kirby, Beaver? So 8-5 in year one is considered a losing season? Not much separates 8-5 and 10-3 teams. Sometimes the ball bounces your way and sometimes it doesn’t, like losing to Tennessee on a Hail Mary...

Half their players sitting out...apparently 4 is half of 85 now. And of those 4 starters, 2 of them had already missed multiple games this year and sat out precisely because of injury. Didn’t stop them from winning 10 games. One day you’ll be accurate about something, probably won’t be any time soon though.

Everyone agrees, Dan has already 'changed the team culture' at UF.
~ So credit for ZERO players skipping the bowl game goes where. o_O

The #7 Mich with the #1 rated defense in the nation held UF to 41 points, then dropped to the #2.defense in the nation. :cool:

The #15 Texazz defense, # NR (not even in Top 50) held UGly to 21 points.
UGly's Elite recruits with TWO 5-star QB's + 4th & Dumb.... :rolleyes:

ROTFLMFAO :D:D:D:D:D

Mullen has been taking jabs at UGA since taking the job. Kirby has owned Mullen. Spurrier owned UGA. One guy earned the right to talk, the other not so much.

Aren't Florida and Georgia rivals? Isn't Georgia at a higher plateau right now? It's football bud, Dan isn't doing anything wrong. He isn't going after anybody personally, he is representing Florida and answering media questions. Are you that insecure that you feel the need to make a thread complaining about Mullen throwing a little shade when he is asked about Georgia scheduling Florida State? It was a clever way of insulting a rival instead of throwing shade at his own programs scheduling.

I missed this, so Kirby blamed the players on that fake punt? ROFL! Again....Bama kept its BASE DEFENSE ON THE FIELD. They knew what was coming better than Kirby did.

No timeout called. Kirby blew any chance Georgia had at winning that game with that call and any reasonable Georgia fan could admit that.
“Thought it was there, and it was there today,” Smart said when asked about the fake punt. “We were going to snap the ball quick. We took too long to snap the ball. They didn’t have a guy covered. We had a guy wide open.”

“We took so long to snap it, that they recognized it and got the guy covered late. It was probably 20, 30 yards’ field position that — we came to win the game. We wanted to win the game.”

“I talked to the guys before the game about it; if we get an opportunity to run it, we’ll run it,” Smart said. “It was there. We just didn’t get an opportunity to get it snapped before they covered the guy.”

By running up the middle ona fake? LOL.
Agree with you on the Dawgs... when Fields didn't get the snap off, Smart should have called timeout.

The run up the middle was probably not the best way to go, but I get the idea. And I get why smart thought to try it too. But yeah, at that point smart should have done everything to shorten the game and hope time ran out on them. Granted, an extra set of downs would have been huge. But everyone else had the same idea. It might be academic, and it may not have been possible to win against that team on that day, but that call will stick with him for awhile, prob until he’s able to beat them.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Everyone agrees, Dan has already 'changed the team culture' at UF.
~ So credit for ZERO players skipping the bowl game goes where. o_O

The #7 Mich with the #1 rated defense in the nation held UF to 41 points, then dropped to the #2.defense in the nation. :cool:

The #15 Texazz defense, # NR (not even in Top 50) held UGly to 21 points.
UGly's Elite recruits with TWO 5-star QB's + 4th & Dumb.... :rolleyes:

ROTFLMFAO :D:D:D:D:D

Hardpaw has 6 starters out ( 3 ) on-defense :rolleyes::rolleyes:

“Thought it was there, and it was there today,” Smart said when asked about the fake punt. “We were going to snap the ball quick. We took too long to snap the ball. They didn’t have a guy covered. We had a guy wide open.”

“We took so long to snap it, that they recognized it and got the guy covered late. It was probably 20, 30 yards’ field position that — we came to win the game. We wanted to win the game.”

“I talked to the guys before the game about it; if we get an opportunity to run it, we’ll run it,” Smart said. “It was there. We just didn’t get an opportunity to get it snapped before they covered the guy.”

That's just ridiculous. Again, Bama KEPT ITS BASE DEFENSE ON THE FIELD, they knew what the play was as soon as Fields stepped foot on the field.

But yeah, the play was there, the players just didn't execute LOL Funny none of the Georgia fans here have the guts to call him out on this.

Reactions: ih8f$u
That's just ridiculous. Again, Bama KEPT ITS BASE DEFENSE ON THE FIELD, they knew what the play was as soon as Fields stepped foot on the field.

But yeah, the play was there, the players just didn't execute LOL Funny none of the Georgia fans here have the guts to call him out on this.
Stop lying, several have. But keep saying the same thing over and over again like a bammer version of insta.

Hardpaw has 6 starters out ( 3 ) on-defense :rolleyes::rolleyes:

When Gator players miss games for whatever reasons and lose, it's just excuses. :oops:
When Gator rival players miss games for whatever reason, that's why the Gators won... :rolleyes:

BTW, what was 'Riley Coyote's' excuse for sucking and losing yet again, too many players stayed and played??? :cool:

Last edited:
Are you that insecure that you feel the need to make a thread complaining about Mullen throwing a little shade when he is asked about Georgia scheduling Florida State?

Uh, yea he is. Could have stopped there. They all are.

And of course Mullen is right. They're beating their chest about scheduling FSU as proof they schedule tough OOC, yet UF plays them every year and it doesn't count because it's in state. Mouthbreather logic on full display.

Reactions: PacoGator19

And of course Mullen is right. They're beating their chest about scheduling FSU as proof they schedule tough OOC, yet UF plays them every year and it doesn't count because it's in state. Mouthbreather logic on full display.
LOL... we're not beating our chest, the media's doing it for us and it certainly didn't start with FSU. We've got Clemson, UCLA, Texas and working on Oklahoma.

Aren't Florida and Georgia rivals? Isn't Georgia at a higher plateau right now? It's football bud, Dan isn't doing anything wrong. He isn't going after anybody personally, he is representing Florida and answering media questions. Are you that insecure that you feel the need to make a thread complaining about Mullen throwing a little shade when he is asked about Georgia scheduling Florida State? It was a clever way of insulting a rival instead of throwing shade at his own programs scheduling.
Yeah... name other SEC coaches doing it. He did it day one when he said our winning the SEC was like a blind squirrel finding a nut. Hey, I hope he keeps running his mouth. It's working out fine for us.

Yeah... name other SEC coaches doing it. He did it day one when he said our winning the SEC was like a blind squirrel finding a nut. Hey, I hope he keeps running his mouth. It's working out fine for us.

Hasn't got you over the finish line, you can call it bravado, harshness or just him running his mouth but it obviously bothered you. If the coach at Vanderbilt said the same thing I highly doubt you would have noticed. Be honest with yourself here buddy, you know the Mullen hire was the right one and it's not going to be a cakewalk against us anymore. If you weren't concerned you wouldn't have noticed it.

I will give Georgia the credit they are due, you guys whipped our butts the last two years. You have outrecruited us and been the better program. Heck your O.O.C schedule is tougher and has been tougher than ours for years.

You own your State however, we have two other P5 teams with equal success to our own. It makes a difference when we have to play a team like FSU compared to you having to play Georgia Tech. We need to own this state, thus the reason we never leave it. Florida is not a national recruiting power because it doesn't have to be.

I like Mullen, he is proud to represent this University. Florida is best when we have a coach with a big personality (Spurrier, Meyer). That's not the Georgia way, so keep your huckleberry coach and don't worry about what Dan Mullen is saying in April.

Good I want a coach that is brash and a little cocky. That is what Meyer and Spurrier were like and that mentality has worked well here at UF. Muschamp and McElwain were soft and too PC with a losers mentality.

Good I want a coach that is brash and a little cocky. That is what Meyer and Spurrier were like and that mentality has worked well here at UF. Muschamp and McElwain were soft and too PC with a losers mentality.
NAh. Boom talked trash about Georgia at his introductory press conference. I think it’s a requirement for the job or something.

LOL... we're not beating our chest, the media's doing it for us and it certainly didn't start with FSU. We've got Clemson, UCLA, Texas and working on Oklahoma.

And you’re afforded the ability to do that because your permanent OOC opponent is an engineering school who’s result are on par with Duke in football. Although they do have a ring more recently than y’all. So there’s that.

LOL you’re so insecure. You act like he’s going out of his way to mention UGA, he’s asked about them he answers questions. And once again he’s right. Before 2017 you hadn’t won the SEC in 12 years, yet you guys win it once and act like you’re college football royalty. Meanwhile UF is supposedly in shambles and and sooopo far behind UGA and we had played in the last two. You’re a woman.

But he lost to McElwain with Luke Del Rio as QB.

But wait TG,,,, 4th & Dumb was taking over a 10-3 Retch team in his first year at UGly, what do you expect, coming in under those tough circumstances.... :rolleyes:

He went 8-5 with losses to,,,,
5-7 Mississippi
9-4 Tennis-sea
6-7 Vandy
9-4 UF
9-4 GaTech
====

While 'Dan the Man' took over a 4-7 'train-wreck' team with the #10 rated QB in the SEC and went 10-3, losing to 3 ranked teams; 10-3 UK, 11-3 UGly, 8-5 Mizzou with Drew Lock vs UF's decimated secondary. -- All Dan did then was to pull his team together and finish 4-0 with a bowl win over #7 Mich and their #1 rated defense.

Anyone should be easily able to see why the buttsniffers are so enthused over 4th & Dumb,,,, and why they just 'know' that Dan will never be able to beat them again... :cool:

But wait TG,,,, 4th & Dumb was taking over a 10-3 Retch team in his first year at UGly, what do you expect, coming in under those tough circumstances.... :rolleyes:

5-7 Mississippi
9-4 Tennis-sea
6-7 Vandy
9-4 UF
9-4 GaTech
====

While 'Dan the Man' took over a 4-7 'train-wreck' team with the #10 rated QB in the SEC and went 10-3, losing to 3 ranked teams; 10-3 UK, 11-3 UGly, 8-5 Mizzou with Drew Lock vs UF's decimated secondary. -- All Dan did then was to pull his team together and finish 4-0 with a bowl win over #7 Mich and their #1 rated defense.

Anyone should be easily able to see why the buttsniffers are so enthused over 4th & Dumb,,,, and why they just 'know' that Dan will never be able to beat them again... :cool:
And your coach cannot beat Kirby.

5-7 Mississippi
9-4 Tennis-sea
6-7 Vandy
9-4 UF
9-4 GaTech
====

Very true...all of the mouth foaming leg hum
And your coach cannot beat Kirby.
And your coach never beat Luke Del Rio as a starter.

LOL you’re so insecure. You act like he’s going out of his way to mention UGA, he’s asked about them he answers questions. And once again he’s right. Before 2017 you hadn’t won the SEC in 12 years, yet you guys win it once and act like you’re college football royalty. Meanwhile UF is supposedly in shambles and and sooopo far behind UGA and we had played in the last two. You’re a woman.
Not insecure at all... like I said, I hope he keeps it up. It's just funny seeing a guy who's never beaten another guy run his mouth. It's also funny seeing media take notice.
You're the one who's been getting emotional on here Oozie.

Not insecure at all... like I said, I hope he keeps it up. It's just funny seeing a guy who's never beaten another guy run his mouth. It's also funny seeing media take notice.

OC Dan Mullen @ UF 3 - 1 UGly

2005 - UF 14 - 10 UGly
2006 - UF 21 - 14 UGly - NC's, Lost about a dozen to the NFL
2007 - UF 30 - 42 UGly

2008 - UF 49 - 10 UGly - NC's

As to the Dan's never beat Kirby claim,,, sorry but that's more leghumper delusion and/or ignorance:
In 2008, Kirby Smart was the UA DC.

UF/OC Dan 31 - 20 UA/DC Kirby in the SEC-C game. o_O-:p-:cool:

Very true...all of the mouth foaming leg hum

And your coach never beat Luke Del Rio as a starter.
No, but he's 2-1 against the Gators now with double digit victories. This will be Kirby's first time without a true freshman or sophomore at QB.

OC Dan Mullen @ UF 3 - 1 UGly

2005 - UF 14 - 10 UGly
2006 - UF 21 - 14 UGly - NC's, Lost about a dozen to the NFL
2007 - UF 30 - 42 UGly

2008 - UF 49 - 10 UGly - NC's

As to the Dan's never beat Kirby claim,,, sorry but that's more leghumper delusion and/or ignorance:
In 2008, Kirby Smart was the UA DC.

UF/OC Dan 31 - 20 UA/DC Kirby in the SEC-C game. o_O-:p-:cool:
I didn't realize assistants had records. If that's the case, what are Mullen vs Smart all time including Kirby at Bama vs Miss State?

Reactions: nail1988

You all seem to think me killing your shallow arguments is me being emotional. I’m on my home board talking shit. Not on my rivals board starting a thread about their coach because I’m in my feelings over an answer at a PC. You’re projecting.

You all seem to think me killing your shallow arguments is me being emotional. I’m on my home board talking shit. Not on my rivals board starting a thread about their coach because I’m in my feelings over an answer at a PC. You’re projecting.
Bingo. They are whiners because they can’t figure out why UF, FSU and Bama fans don’t think that Smart is the greatest coach of all time. It’s a little embarrassing for them to be honest IMO as they are like looking for acceptance or something.

You tell me I'm insecure when I've said multiple times I hope he keeps talking. You call me a woman when you keep losing control of your emotions. Gotcha...

You’re a woman because you’re passive aggressive. And also because you think harsh words and tone equate to emotional outbursts. That is absolutely projecting if you can’t read those words without associating emotion to them.

Oozie, this isn’t about FSU. It’s about FSU, Clemson, Texas, UCLA, and OU. Those are the teams being scheduled now. I don’t give a shit what Mullen thinks or says. That dude played two FCS teams last season. He’s made a few stupid remarks about Georgia starting with the blind nut remark. Kirby remembered it. But please tell the players and coaches to keep talking. I like it.

GADA

3* Dan wants no part of playing Riley Coyote and the Dustbowl chokers in a home home. Hides behind Steam boat Willie. :eek: The leghumpers and Sooners are working on a home home ;)

@instaGATOR

“Like I said, we already have that with Florida State,” Mullen added. “One thing that probably gets looked down upon. Would it be better to drop Florida State and schedule Oklahoma? That probably wouldn’t go over so well.”

:D

Bump for the chump ( instant ) :p

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...-scheduling-gators-state-florida-hiding-shot/

Oozie, this isn’t about FSU. It’s about FSU, Clemson, Texas, UCLA, and OU. Those are the teams being scheduled now. I don’t give a shit what Mullen thinks or says. That dude played two FCS teams last season. He’s made a few stupid remarks about Georgia starting with the blind nut remark. Kirby remembered it. But please tell the players and coaches to keep talking. I like it.

So you all want credit for scheduling games that haven’t happened yet? A lot of those games scheduled that far out don’t even happen. And you’re also failing (or purposefully ignoring) to mention you’re afforded the ability to schedule those games because your permanent OOC opponent is GT. Look around the country, the trend is schedule one legitimate OOC opponent and two cupcakes. People stupidly keep trying to downplay FSU, who has outright been one of the best programs in the country in the modern era, because we happen to share the same state with them as if that makes the game less challenging or something.

And isn’t it funny that the schools who play absolutely shit in conference needs to schedule tougher OOC? Wonder why that is. Y’all Dawg fans have talked repeatedly about how Clemson gets a free pass to the playoffs...they need to schedule the best OOC. The Big 12 is absolute garbage, OU and Texas need to go OOC to look for opponents. This isn’t hard. Apparently UF is supposed to be the lone school to play 5-6 ranked teams in conference, play a historically top 10 FSU OOC, but still look for even more marquee matchups outside of that. So do what nobody else is doing, otherwise we’re scared to schedule tougher or some nonsense.

They’ve played against each once at their respective school numbnuts. Y’all are so desperate to ‘own’ something it’s pathetic. Insecurity showing all over the place.

Now this is where you’ll brag about beating lowly MSU which seems so underneath a blue blood with so many accomplishments like UGA has. Or winning by 19 last year and when UF fans remind you it was year 1 you’ll call it a moral victory even though you idiots have every excuse in the book for Kirby getting drug up and down the field year 1 at UGA. But that didn’t count because year 1.

Kirby’s first year as a head coach, this past year was Mullen’s 10th as a head coach. Not really apples to apples

But he lost to McElwain with Luke Del Rio as QB.

You know, I get that Mullen hasn’t beaten smart yet, but honestly this is much more embarrassing for Kirby. Personally I’m more of a deeds not words type, and I don’t need trash talk, but it seems pretty run of the mill for rivals.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT