ADVERTISEMENT

Have you guys done a breakdown yet of how you see Florida's record this year?

I can tell you one without looking it up. Care to guess?

UGly's 2018 4 OoC opponents were all powerhouse teams... :rolleyes:

Austin Peay - non D1
MTSU 8-6 -- Looks good except VU 35 - 7 MTSU
U-Mass 4-8 -- Joke
GaTech 7-6 -- Looks okay except 7-6 USF 49 - 38 GaTech

Leghumper 'talking season' hypocrite...

In 2019, UF plays 2 Top 10 teams, 3 if they make it to the SEC-C, plus Auburn for homecoming, along with FSU & Miami....

Now add in Mizzou, TN, SCa, UK, VU,,, on any given Sat. in the SEC...
(so bite me) :cool:

To further illustrate my point, these are the preseason top 10 ranked teams and how many P5 teams they're playing OOC in parentheses:

1. Clemson (1), also playing Wofford and Charlotte OOC
2. Bama (1)
3. UGA (2)
4. OU (1)
5. Ohio St. (0)
6. ND (Not sure how to qualify this since they're independent)
7. Texas (1)
8. UF (2)
9. Michigan (1)
10. Oregon (1)

So UF is one of exactly two schools in the top 10 who is playing 2 P5 teams OOC, god forbid we offset one of those games with an additional FCS. If you look at the top 25, it's even worse. There are plenty of schools who don't even play ONE P5 team OOC. Like I said you guys don't spend enough time looking at schedules all across the country if you think this is some big deal. If UF wasn't playing two P5 schools OOC this year I'd have an issue with it, not this year though. I'm all for outlawing games against FCS for everybody though if we want to go that route.

In addition to the weak, 8-game ACC schedule, Clemson is also playing two P5 nonconference opponents: Texas A&M, at South Carolina.

Who know if some teams can rebound in the ACC like a Miami, FSU or Virginia Tech.

So you play the same nobody school in football and basketball and tell yourselves it’s a tough game.

You really are this clueless-stupid aren't you... (rhetorical) :rolleyes:

"Admit it, you had never heard of a school called Towson before this schedule was released.." --- sadgator

I'll admit that you are clueless about Towson...
Nov 14th 2019 -- UF vs Towson in Men's B-Ball -- iG

> showing that I did and do know about Towson, before the football sch was released.

Showing that I did and do know who Towson is. :cool:

The quality of the opponent is not a part of his question, nor my answer..

So having a moron butt-sniff into the conversation is the problem, that being you. o_O

No homerism in this post. UT is a toss, a team you beat by what 30? Just the same as Missouri who beat you by 21, and UGA is also a toss up, even though we beat you by 19 and return 15 starters, yeah that makes sense.

How is it homerism to put teams we beat badly as a toss up? Or did you just want to talk about the if’s game again? I’d say these are pretty fair. Toss ups are games where if you come out on fire and play extremely well you have a great chance to win, and if you come out flat you could get your ass handed to you. I really think if we play at a very high level there isn’t anyone on our schedule we can’t beat, and if we play like crap there are a few cupcakes we can probably still roll up, but do that in any of those toss up games and you’ll get beat. That’s exactly what happened last year against Missouri. Happened with you guys at LSU and Texas. And for the record, you will be favored and should win, but if you guys come out flat and overconfident we absolutely can beat you. I’m sure some of you guys will argue, but it’s stupid to think otherwise. We beat Tennessee and f$u by a combined 70 pts and if we play like garbage they could beat us, so I don’t think you can really claim homerism at all. I think that was just bc someone dared suggest that the uga game was winnable, rather than marking it down as a guaranteed loss. You guys keep acting like we’re a directional louisiana (some of you anyway) and that you’ll never lose to us again, but if you really think that then you’re pretty delusional. You guys are having an upsurge in your program and things have been going pretty well, but mutability is our greatest gift and greatest curse. We had a much higher peak than you guys have had so far starting about 14 years ago, and we know how fast it can change. So enjoy it while you can, because it won’t last. Even Alabama is going to come back to earth at some point.

Just glancing at it, it looks like a pretty rough schedule. 8 straight games to start the season then ending with 2 on the road before the first Bye will be tough.

Aug. 24 Miami (in Orlando)
Sept. 7 UT Martin
Sept. 14 at Kentucky
Sept. 21 Tennessee
Sept. 28 Towson
Oct. 5 Auburn
Oct. 12 at LSU
Oct. 19 at South Carolina
Oct. 26 OPEN DATE
Nov. 2 Georgia (in Jacksonville)
Nov. 9 Vanderbilt
Nov. 16 at Missouri
Nov. 23 OPEN DATE
Nov. 30 Florida State

What are you guys thinking? I don't see another 9-win season against that slate. If so, Mullen may win COY.
9-3 sounds about right

Just glancing at it, it looks like a pretty rough schedule. 8 straight games to start the season then ending with 2 on the road before the first Bye will be tough.

Aug. 24 Miami (in Orlando)
Sept. 7 UT Martin
Sept. 14 at Kentucky
Sept. 21 Tennessee
Sept. 28 Towson
Oct. 5 Auburn
Oct. 12 at LSU
Oct. 19 at South Carolina
Oct. 26 OPEN DATE
Nov. 2 Georgia (in Jacksonville)
Nov. 9 Vanderbilt
Nov. 16 at Missouri
Nov. 23 OPEN DATE
Nov. 30 Florida State

What are you guys thinking? I don't see another 9-win season against that slate. If so, Mullen may win COY.

I am unable to play this game. I can look at the schedule strength in toto and compare it to what I perceive is the potential of the team and give a record estimate (range), but when I try to look at individual games I am unable to see an "L".

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
I am unable to play this game. I can look at the schedule strength in toto and compare it to what I perceive is the potential of the team and give a record estimate (range), but when I try to look at individual games I am unable to see an "L".

You can't really look at the games individually, you have to look at the season as whole as well.

For instance, the 8 straight games before the first bye will be tough, especially since many of those first 8 opponents will have already had a bye week by the time they play Florida. You also have to look at the LSU road game THEN road game at SC the following week. That LSU game will be a brutal, physical game. Asking Florida to then turn around and go back to Columbia will be tough. SC is definitely a trap game.

The perfect schedule for this year would be 4 games, Bye, 4 games, Bye. Or for top teams that will want to make a run at the playoffs, 6 games, Bye, 4 games, Bye.

Florida's schedule is not ideal with the Bye placement. Having said that, if they can make it through the first 8 games with 6 or more wins, having 2 byes at the end of the season could pay off handsomely.

You can't really look at the games individually, you have to look at the season as whole as well.

For instance, the 8 straight games before the first bye will be tough, especially since many of those first 8 opponents will have already had a bye week by the time they play Florida. You also have to look at the LSU road game THEN road game at SC the following week. That LSU game will be a brutal, physical game. Asking Florida to then turn around and go back to Columbia will be tough. SC is definitely a trap game.

The perfect schedule for this year would be 4 games, Bye, 4 games, Bye. Or for top teams that will want to make a run at the playoffs, 6 games, Bye, 4 games, Bye.

Florida's schedule is not ideal with the Bye placement. Having said that, if they can make it through the first 8 games with 6 or more wins, having 2 byes at the end of the season could pay off handsomely.

The Miami game is so early there is almost a bye afterward.

The second game is FCS, starters will get plenty of rest.

Then Kentucky on the road, we will be fresh for that, then UT at home.

Then another FCS game. We should be able to gameplan for LSU during that week. Another week where the starters will get lots of rest.

Then LSU and USC back to back on the road. I agree, that's a tough but short stretch. We will be rested for LSU, though, and should be ok for USC.

Then a bye week.

Then UGaly in Jax, Vandy at home and Missou on the road.

Then a bye week.

Then FSU at home, and likely the SEC championship game.

It's not perfect, but there really isn't a murderer's row.

Every game looks winnable to me. But like I said, they always do.

Reactions: instaGATOR

It's 7 straight weeks

No it's not, when teams roll,you and return almost everyone in the 2 deep, logic says that's not a toss up.
And yet, Georgia didn't roll UF in 2018. Florida lost because it's 2 starting CBs were out for the entire game and it took doofus the wonder donkey till the 4th quarter to realize that and start attacking us deep. That's when he put the points on the board. Florida was winning on the scoreboard late in the 3rd quarter and the 3 turnovers it gave up were also incredibly costly. Don't forget that Florida had also shut down UGLY's world beating running game completely till the flood gates opened in that 4th quarter.

Nobody who looks at that game objectively thinks Georgia played the better game. Florida outplayed UGLY and outcoached them. We just made some mistakes and had 2 of our possibly best players on the team not be able to show up for the game.

That is not getting rolled. That is getting a beat down from a team that supposedly inferior to you in every aspect except the final score on the scoreboard.

And yet, Georgia didn't roll UF in 2018. Florida lost because it's 2 starting CBs were out for the entire game and it took doofus the wonder donkey till the 4th quarter to realize that and start attacking us deep. That's when he put the points on the board. Florida was winning on the scoreboard late in the 3rd quarter and the 3 turnovers it gave up were also incredibly costly. Don't forget that Florida had also shut down UGLY's world beating running game completely till the flood gates opened in that 4th quarter.

Nobody who looks at that game objectively thinks Georgia played the better game. Florida outplayed UGLY and outcoached them. We just made some mistakes and had 2 of our possibly best players on the team not be able to show up for the game.

That is not getting rolled. That is getting a beat down from a team that supposedly inferior to you in every aspect except the final score on the scoreboard.
God bless

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT