ADVERTISEMENT

Have you guys done a breakdown yet of how you see Florida's record this year?

And was favored by way more in the preseason. Yet come gametime it was all the way down to 7.5 for one reason. What’s that?
You were better than expected. But that doesn’t address being 7.5 dogs and losing by 19 when talking about Georgia being favored and losing the game. Same kinda comparison. Works both ways.

You were better than expected. But that doesn’t address being 7.5 dogs and losing by 19 when talking about Georgia being favored and losing the game. Same kinda comparison. Works both ways.

We weren’t better than expected, that’s the point. We were huge dogs in the preseason coming off 4-7 and rightfully so. We weren’t as good a team. But because of the coaching job Mullen did and with us upsetting LSU people overrated us which shrank the line headed into the game.

We weren’t better than expected, that’s the point. We were huge dogs in the preseason coming off 4-7 and rightfully so. We weren’t as good a team. But because of the coaching job Mullen did and with us upsetting LSU people overrated us which shrank the line headed into the game.
Because you were better than what was expected from you in the preseason.

I cant help the east is like the acc central right now.

Just as much of an ignorant and/or FoS buttsniffer as I've come to expect... :rolleyes:

The SECe in 2018

6-7t UF 10-3 - Won NY-6 Peach Bowl over #7 Mich 10-3

7t-8 UGly 11-3 - Lost Sugar to #15 TX 10-4

11-12. UK 10-3 - Won Citrus Bowl over 9-4 PSU
--------
33. Mizzou 8-5 (lost bowl by 4 pts, but still receiving Top 25 votes)
==========
SCa 7-6
VU 6-7
TN 5-7
So, 6 of 7 SECe teams were bowl teams, with the 7th missing it by only one win. :oops:

Feel free to list the ACC Central team rankings and/or W/L for us... o_O
(or STFU and git back under the porch where you belong) :cool:

Well apparently if ya’ll don’t win the National Title this year, you will have seriously underachieved.
They have won the national title. Please remember that jortgia bulldaags only celebrate RECRUITING national titles. That's what they hand out trophies and rings for in the toilet stain of the SEC East in Athens.

Has Simple Jax returned to tell us where he played ball yet? It’s been 3 days I figured he could have googled somewhere by now. And looks like that thread got nuked.

Reactions: fsumc
And was favored by way more in the preseason. Yet come gametime it was all the way down to 7.5 for one reason. What’s that?

And won by 17, pulling away in the 4th quarter from the best conditioned team with the greatest coach in the country at making adjustments. Reasonable people would think the best conditioned team with the best game day coaching pulls away late, not get their asses handed to them.

Reactions: Dawgs_74
And won by 17, pulling away in the 4th quarter from the best conditioned team with the greatest coach in the country at making adjustments. Reasonable people would think the best conditioned team with the best game day coaching pulls away late, not get their asses handed to them.
No. It just took your coaching staff to realize that our cornerbacks hadn't been playing the entire game and that they should attack that point on our defense, IN THE FOURTH DAMN QUARTER. Yet all I read about is how 4th and dumb is the greatest coach on the planet.

We gave you 3 turnovers, 2 right on our goal line, and yet we were still leading on the scoreboard in the 3rd. Nobody ever said we were the best conditioned team either, we were a damn sight better in 2018 than the flabby crap that took to the field in 2017 though. If anyone was beating their chests about our conditioning and strength, it's because of the amazing turn around that occurred on the team prior to the 2018 season thanks to the new staff. And better coaching is still going to only make up for so much when there is that significant of a talent mismatch between the teams. Beaver inherited a stacked Georgia squad but went 3-3 in the East his first year and I believe 8-5 total? Mullen inherited an absolutely decimated talent roster along with a number of sketchy character issues, and also ended up 3-3 in the East his first year but ended up 10-3 and was hailed as having done one of the greatest turn arounds of a team the entire season (in the top 3, but none of the others were power 5 teams).

All this is cute except nobody but you idiots have made any such claims. You’ve claimed to have talent on par with Bama with the best strength coach in the country. Your very stupid self then claimed we were filled with 1st rounders when a few posts prior you claimed we were far behind you talent wise. In other words, you just make shit up as you go.

All this is cute except nobody but you idiots have made any such claims. You’ve claimed to have talent on par with Bama with the best strength coach in the country. Your very stupid self then claimed we were filled with 1st rounders when a few posts prior you claimed we were far behind you talent wise. In other words, you just make shit up as you go.
With a name like Grumpy old?

This seems like as good a place as any to drop this in... ;)

After just 1 season of guiding the team, Dan has 10 Gators named to the 2019 Athlon All SEC Teams: :eek:

The Gators have the second most players mentioned among the teams with Alabama leading the way with 13 (7 on the 1st team). More Gators were mentioned that Georgia Buttsniffers who only had 8 players mentioned among the 4 All SEC teams. :p

1st - DE/Buck Jabari Ziniga rsSr
1st - CB C.J. Henderson Jr -- 2nd Team AA
-----
2nd - RB Lamical Perine Sr
826 yds, 6.2 ypc, 7 TD's
Rec 13 for 170 yds, 13.1 yds/rec, 1 TD
Combined 996 yds, 8 TD's.
-----
3rd - WR/RB/QBwc Kadarius Toney Jr (Harvin 2.0)
25 Rec for 260 yds, 10.4 yds/rec
21 Runs for 240 yds, 11.4 ypc.
1 TD pass
to win game @ MsSt
-----
3rd - ILB David Reese Sr - Defensive Capt.
Still had 77 Tkls after missing the 1st 3 games of the season w/injury..
-----
3rd P Tommy Townsend rsSr -- 45.4 yds/punt.
24 inside the 20, 14 of 50+ yds.
-----
3rd K Evan McPherson Soph - 17 of 19 FG's (89.5%)
That was with one kick that most believe was good.
#1 Fr kicker, and #6 kicker overall in the Nation.
-----
4th QB Felepi Franks rsJr
P - 2,457 yds, 24 TD's, 6 Ints
R - 350 yds, 3.2 ypc, 7 TD's, 1 LPF.
Combined 2,807 yds, 31 TD's, 7 TO's
-----
4th WR Van Jefferson rsSr
35 Rec with 6 TD's
-----
4th S Brad Stewart Jr
Pic-6 vs LSU and a goal line robber Int vs TN, among others.

* Injured out: CB Marco Wilson rsSo & RB Malik Davis rsSo would likely be listed.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...-10-on-Athlon-Sports-All-SEC-Teams-132621345/

Reactions: Dawgs_74
This seems like as good a place as any to drop this in... ;)

After just 1 season of guiding the team, Dan has 10 Gators named to the 2019 Athlon All SEC Teams: :eek:

The Gators have the second most players mentioned among the teams with Alabama leading the way with 13 (7 on the 1st team). More Gators were mentioned that Georgia Buttsniffers who only had 8 players mentioned among the 4 All SEC teams. :p

1st - DE/Buck Jabari Ziniga rsSr
1st - CB C.J. Henderson Jr -- 2nd Team AA
-----
2nd - RB Lamical Perine Sr
826 yds, 6.2 ypc, 7 TD's
Rec 13 for 170 yds, 13.1 yds/rec, 1 TD
Combined 996 yds, 8 TD's.
-----
3rd - WR/RB/QBwc Kadarius Toney Jr (Harvin 2.0)
25 Rec for 260 yds, 10.4 yds/rec
21 Runs for 240 yds, 11.4 ypc.
1 TD pass
to win game @ MsSt
-----
3rd - ILB David Reese Sr - Defensive Capt.
Still had 77 Tkls after missing the 1st 3 games of the season w/injury..
-----
3rd P Tommy Townsend rsSr -- 45.4 yds/punt.
24 inside the 20, 14 of 50+ yds.
-----
3rd K Evan McPherson Soph - 17 of 19 FG's (89.5%)
That was with one kick that most believe was good.
#1 Fr kicker, and #6 kicker overall in the Nation.
-----
4th QB Felepi Franks rsJr
P - 2,457 yds, 24 TD's, 6 Ints
R - 350 yds, 3.2 ypc, 7 TD's, 1 LPF.
Combined 2,807 yds, 31 TD's, 7 TO's
-----
4th WR Van Jefferson rsSr
35 Rec with 6 TD's
-----
4th S Brad Stewart Jr
Pic-6 vs LSU and a goal line robber Int vs TN, among others.

* Injured out: CB Marco Wilson rsSo & RB Malik Davis rsSo would likely be listed.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...-10-on-Athlon-Sports-All-SEC-Teams-132621345/
I guess athlon is gonna play those games for ya. Wow lmao!

I don't follow your nuttlickers because I don't G-a-S about you or them. o_O
And if you don't like Athlon's opinion of your idiot leghumpers, then take that up with them. :cool:
I mean with all that talent dan should run the table fairly easy huh?

It's amazing the number of people Insta has turned into blithering idiots on these boards.

Thanks, ;) but I don't 'wave my wand' and turn them into anything,,, they already were/are blithering idiots, :confused: --- I just have a bit of a knack for pointing that out... :D

No. It just took your coaching staff to realize that our cornerbacks hadn't been playing the entire game and that they should attack that point on our defense, IN THE FOURTH DAMN QUARTER. Yet all I read about is how 4th and dumb is the greatest coach on the planet.

We gave you 3 turnovers, 2 right on our goal line, and yet we were still leading on the scoreboard in the 3rd. Nobody ever said we were the best conditioned team either, we were a damn sight better in 2018 than the flabby crap that took to the field in 2017 though. If anyone was beating their chests about our conditioning and strength, it's because of the amazing turn around that occurred on the team prior to the 2018 season thanks to the new staff. And better coaching is still going to only make up for so much when there is that significant of a talent mismatch between the teams. Beaver inherited a stacked Georgia squad but went 3-3 in the East his first year and I believe 8-5 total? Mullen inherited an absolutely decimated talent roster along with a number of sketchy character issues, and also ended up 3-3 in the East his first year but ended up 10-3 and was hailed as having done one of the greatest turn arounds of a team the entire season (in the top 3, but none of the others were power 5 teams).

So, the greatest coach at making adjustments got his ass kicked in the 4th quarter. Like I said. Mullen gets a lot of credit for doing nothing, not winning even a division championship, having a losing conference record, having a terrible record against ranked teams, but best play caller and best at making adjustments in the country right. Don't start with the it was State, they just had 3 first rounders in the last draft. When we spank that ass this fall, and deep down you know it's going to happen, he can just call Kirby Daddy, his mouth is writing checks his ads can't cash.

Just had 3 1st rounders from a bunch of lowly ranked guys. But I thought he couldn’t coach or develop? I wish you dumbasses would make up your mind already. Also, there are 85 players on a team in case you forgot. Whatever dumbass. Keep crying because you can’t handle some twitter trolling. “Waaaaaaaah Mullen keeps saying things I don’t like about my team!”

So, the greatest coach at making adjustments got his ass kicked in the 4th quarter. Like I said. Mullen gets a lot of credit for doing nothing, not winning even a division championship, having a losing conference record, having a terrible record against ranked teams, but best play caller and best at making adjustments in the country right. Don't start with the it was State, they just had 3 first rounders in the last draft. When we spank that ass this fall, and deep down you know it's going to happen, he can just call Kirby Daddy, his mouth is writing checks his ads can't cash.

Good Lord, the fear is just coming off you in WAVES.

Well, if you just accept the inevitability of your ass whipping to come this November, you can put the fear behind. Too much stress for an octogenarian's heart.

Among coaches in their first year at programs in 2018, Florida Gators head coach Dan Mullen was the pick of the litter according to Athlon Sports. The publication, which ranked the jobs done by the coaches of all 21 programs that made the change, tabbed the job Mullen did as the best. “The Gators improved in every facet of the game in Mullen’s first season and are on the verge of returning to national relevance,” the publication stated.

Advanced Statistics for all the 2018 SEC Teams, in what they call
“Advanced Stats: The 5 Factors”.
The five factors involved are
Field Position, Efficiency, Explosiveness, Finishing Drives, and Turnovers.

The ability to be successful to a great extent in all of these categories in the toughest conference in America, shows that Mullen is running an entire ship and not just some successful offensive parts. 1st year Dan's Gators were the only team in the SEC to finish in the Top-4 of every category. o_O

https://247sports.com/college/flori...ow-UF-is-well-rounded-under-Mullen-132653446/

Some others of interest among the 21 Newbees:
1/21 Mullen UF
3/21 Fisher aTm
9/21 Pruitt Tenn
10/21 Moorhead MsSt
12/21 Kelly UCLA
17/21 Luke Ole Ms
21/21 Taggart FSUcks

Last edited:
Just glancing at it, it looks like a pretty rough schedule. 8 straight games to start the season then ending with 2 on the road before the first Bye will be tough.

Aug. 24 Miami (in Orlando)
Sept. 7 UT Martin
Sept. 14 at Kentucky
Sept. 21 Tennessee
Sept. 28 Towson
Oct. 5 Auburn
Oct. 12 at LSU
Oct. 19 at South Carolina
Oct. 26 OPEN DATE
Nov. 2 Georgia (in Jacksonville)
Nov. 9 Vanderbilt
Nov. 16 at Missouri
Nov. 23 OPEN DATE
Nov. 30 Florida State

What are you guys thinking? I don't see another 9-win season against that slate. If so, Mullen may win COY.

Matches,

Gators have 3 open dates

Actual Schedule

AUG 24 Miami
AUG 31 OPEN DATE
SEPT 7 U T Martin

If Kirby knew how to make 2nd half adjustments the last two times he played Bama, he'd have 2 SEC titles and a NC in the last 3 years, and would be in the conversation for best coach in the country.

Since he couldn't, he's Kirby Richt.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT