ADVERTISEMENT

Have you guys done a breakdown yet of how you see Florida's record this year?

GhostOfMatchesMalone

Ring of Honor
Oct 1, 2012
Just glancing at it, it looks like a pretty rough schedule. 8 straight games to start the season then ending with 2 on the road before the first Bye will be tough.

Aug. 24 Miami (in Orlando)
Sept. 7 UT Martin
Sept. 14 at Kentucky
Sept. 21 Tennessee
Sept. 28 Towson
Oct. 5 Auburn
Oct. 12 at LSU
Oct. 19 at South Carolina
Oct. 26 OPEN DATE
Nov. 2 Georgia (in Jacksonville)
Nov. 9 Vanderbilt
Nov. 16 at Missouri
Nov. 23 OPEN DATE
Nov. 30 Florida State

What are you guys thinking? I don't see another 9-win season against that slate. If so, Mullen may win COY.

I will say 3 losses is most likely. They have the coach, defense is there or almost there but the QB not being in place will cost the Gates a few. Im thinking 3 losses at the end of the season.
I mean they basically 3 cream puffs and Miami for their OOC schedule

^^
Same - 9 is the over/under from my ultra crude analysis. I think the program takes a step up but the schedule will be tough. Gut feeling.

I've thought this is the year to enjoy what's going on - 20 will be the year for expectations.

You should be 6-0 heading into LSU. I can’t imagine you losing two years in a row to Kentucky and Auburn fans might be pulling for UF just to fire Malzahn. It’s a two game schedule heading into LSU week. It’s all about Franks though. Can he go a full season without having a total mental breakdown in a game. Big time arm but does he have a big time mind.

^^
Same - 9 is the over/under from my ultra crude analysis. I think the program takes a step up but the schedule will be tough. Gut feeling.

I've thought this is the year to enjoy what's going on - 20 will be the year for expectations.

That seems fair. The record might not improve, but you'll be able to tell the team is playing better. I agree, I think that's what you'll see.

I actually just ran thru a mock w/l breakdown so here you go:

Aug. 24 Miami (in Orlando) - W
Sept. 7 UT Martin - W
Sept. 14 at Kentucky - toss up
Sept. 21 Tennessee - toss up
Sept. 28 Towson - W
Oct. 5 Auburn - toss up
Oct. 12 at LSU - toss up
Oct. 19 at South Carolina - W
Oct. 26 OPEN DATE
Nov. 2 Georgia (in Jacksonville) - toss up
Nov. 9 Vanderbilt - W
Nov. 16 at Missouri - W
Nov. 23 OPEN DATE
Nov. 30 Florida State - W

So 7 "wins" and 5 - 50/50 type games. Some we'll win and some we won't but either I don't like the location of the game, or I don't like the match up or I think it's a close enough game to not feel one way or the other.

Split that down the middle and it's 9.5 wins but I'm rounding down for expectations.

I could see anywhere from 8-4 to 10-2. At LSU I count as almost an automatic loss for anybody, seems Bama is the only team that wins there these days and they’ve had a few escapes themselves with some of their best teams ever. And 8 straight weeks without a bye will wear down any team. I’ve said since last year that year 3 will be Mullen’s best team so as long as they continue to improve throughout the year and bring in another solid class I’ll be happy. Next year I’ll have championship expectations.

I actually just ran thru a mock w/l breakdown so here you go:

Aug. 24 Miami (in Orlando) - W
Sept. 7 UT Martin - W
Sept. 14 at Kentucky - toss up
Sept. 21 Tennessee - toss up
Sept. 28 Towson - W
Oct. 5 Auburn - toss up
Oct. 12 at LSU - toss up
Oct. 19 at South Carolina - W
Oct. 26 OPEN DATE
Nov. 2 Georgia (in Jacksonville) - toss up
Nov. 9 Vanderbilt - W
Nov. 16 at Missouri - W
Nov. 23 OPEN DATE
Nov. 30 Florida State - W

So 7 "wins" and 5 - 50/50 type games. Some we'll win and some we won't but either I don't like the location of the game, or I don't like the match up or I think it's a close enough game to not feel one way or the other.

Split that down the middle and it's 9.5 wins but I'm rounding down for expectations.

No homerism in this post. UT is a toss, a team you beat by what 30? Just the same as Missouri who beat you by 21, and UGA is also a toss up, even though we beat you by 19 and return 15 starters, yeah that makes sense.

Reactions: Dawgs_74
No homerism in this post. UT is a toss, a team you beat by what 30? Just the same as Missouri who beat you by 21, and UGA is also a toss up, even though we beat you by 19 and return 15 starters, yeah that makes sense.

Who tf asked you? This is a thread about what UF fans think. Find some other thread to spam. Holy shit y’all are annoying.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Not to mention teams change year to year. FSU beat us by double digits in 2017, we beat them by 3 scores last year. Nobody really knows anything this time of year. Most people would disagree with UT being a toss up but he has them as one. Anything less than UGA will win by 30 gets these idiots all riled up. Beyond annoying.

Who tf asked you? This is a thread about what UF fans think. Find some other thread to spam. Holy shit y’all are annoying.

Obviously they need some help. You do realize Mullen's SEC record is 38-42 for a .475 winning percentage. That isn't very good for the best developer of talent college football has ever seen. But the real eye opener is Ray Goff's SEC record was 24-28 for a .461 winning percentage. Dan is on his way to doing for UGA what Goff did for UF.

Oh yeah if you don't like reading opposing fan base opinions stop being a cheap ads and spring for the 10 bucks a month.

pretty typical of the UGA fan outlook. They believe they are one of the few teams out there capable of improving. They think this because they value recruiting above all else. They’ve never been intimate with a championship program; they believe Saban built his empire solely on recruiting. It’s why recruiting is all they ever talk about. I was listening to a show on the way home the other day. One of the hosts mentioned Florida possibly improving this year. Lo and behold next caller, “well I don’t see that, thay ain’t got 23 five stars like Georgia! I don’t see how you can say that..” The host went on to remind him that he was saying improving not who they’d beat. Just that they could be better this season. but in typical UGA world the Almost Champs took it as a slight meaning improvement meant better than UGA. Kirby better pull it off this year or they may behead him.

Obviously they need some help. You do realize Mullen's SEC record is 38-42 for a .475 winning percentage. That isn't very good for the best developer of talent college football has ever seen. But the real eye opener is Ray Goff's SEC record was 24-28 for a .461 winning percentage. Dan is on his way to doing for UGA what Goff did for UF.

Oh yeah if you don't like reading opposing fan base opinions stop being a cheap ads and spring for the 10 bucks a month.

Or stop crying on a fan message board because someone dares declare the game with you as a toss up. Y’all are easily the most sensitive bitch-made fan base on rivals. And um you’re not springing for the $10 bucks a month either dumbass.

Good thing you don’t play LSU this season.

They’re the only team capable of improving obviously. Everybody else stays the same while they just get better and better. Trash fans who know nothing about football exempt “ hurrr durrr we have more 5-stars!”

Reactions: fsumc
pretty typical of the UGA fan outlook. They believe they are one of the few teams out there capable of improving. They think this because they value recruiting above all else. They’ve never been intimate with a championship program; they believe Saban built his empire solely on recruiting. It’s why recruiting is all they ever talk about. I was listening to a show on the way home the other day. One of the hosts mentioned Florida possibly improving this year. Lo and behold next caller, “well I don’t see that, thay ain’t got 23 five stars like Georgia! I don’t see how you can say that..” The host went on to remind him that he was saying improving not who they’d beat. Just that they could be better this season. but in typical UGA world the Almost Champs took it as a slight meaning improvement meant better than UGA. Kirby better pull it off this year or they may behead him.

Ok oh wise one, who was the last team to win the SEC or national championship because of player development and not because they were putting more talent on the field.

All the improvement UF points to came after getting their rears handed to them be UGA and Missouri, against the powerhouse Idaho's, a come from behind win over Scar, a win over the worst FSU team in 40 years and Mich's B-team because 6 of their best players, including 2 first round picks and their leading rusher decided to sit the bowl game.

They’re the only team capable of improving obviously. Everybody else stays the same while they just get better and better. Trash fans who know nothing about football exempt “ hurrr durrr we have more 5-stars!”
In a nutshell. I should have so much in common with them in hatred of rivals. UF, Clemson, hell throw Ga Tech into the mix but they are so insufferable.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Since 1995, UF has played for a NC 4 times.
Every time it was against the #1 ranked team, and 3 times an undefeated team.

1995 11-0 #1 Ranked Nebraska >>> UF 24 - 62 Neb (+38)
(UF's 1st go at a NC, against what many call the best team in D1 History)

1996 11-0 #1 Ranked Florida State >>> UF 52 - 20 FSU (-32)

2006 12-0 #1 Ranked Ohio State >>> UF 41 - 14 tOSU (-27) Heisman QB

2008 12-1 #1 Ranked Oklahoma >>> UF 24 - 14 OK (-10) Heisman QB

One double-digit loss (lessons learned), followed by 3 double-digit wins....

Clemp's-son, the Red-turds, and UGly can all be beat on any given day...

To get where they want to be with a chance to win, they have to be consistent across the season.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...goal-that-has-never-been-met-at-UF-132367321/

Last edited:
Ok oh wise one, who was the last team to win the SEC or national championship because of player development and not because they were putting more talent on the field.

All the improvement UF points to came after getting their rears handed to them be UGA and Missouri, against the powerhouse Idaho's, a come from behind win over Scar, a win over the worst FSU team in 40 years and Mich's B-team because 6 of their best players, including 2 first round picks and their leading rusher decided to sit the bowl game.

Good to see you’re still making up shit. Who were these 6 players of Michigan that sat out the bowl game? And who were the two 1st round picks? At least y’all have moved on from the bullshit of half their starters being out. And that Michigan team with exactly two missing starters was infinitely better than the Texas team that whipped y’alls ass. Let’s hear the excuses for that one though.

You didn’t really wanna be there right? Because you have such a rich tradition of playing in big bowl games as of late.

Alabama. They’re the last SEC team to do anything in the last 9-10 years. Saban has been recruiting and developing the talent for years as shown by the titles and draft. UGA has never had a problem recruiting. Except you tards keep trying to convince yourselves and the country Richt was worse than Jim Donnan. You’re imbeciles.

The UF fans can defend their own season last year however your comments about Michigan are just plain wrong and uninformed as usual.

Alabama. They’re the last SEC team to do anything in the last 9-10 years. Saban has been recruiting and developing the talent for years as shown by the titles and draft. UGA has never had a problem recruiting. Except you tards keep trying to convince yourselves and the country Richt was worse than Jim Donnan. You’re imbeciles.

The UF fans can defend their own season last year however your comments about Michigan are just plain wrong and uninformed as usual.

It’s the narrative they’ve all been running with to downplay UF’s win. Another imbecile claimed that UF’s improvement last season was due to the 9 suspended players returning even though only 3 of the 9 who were suspended was even on the team last year and exactly 1 of those 3 even got minutes on last year’s team. They make shit up as they go.

It’s the narrative they’ve all been running with to downplay UF’s win. Another imbecile claimed that UF’s improvement last season was due to the 9 suspended players returning even though only 3 of the 9 who were suspended was even on the team last year and exactly 1 of those 3 even got minutes on last year’s team. They make shit up as they go.
It’s fear. Pure and simple. I didn’t want to admit Mullen was probably a better hire than Taggart last year but here we are. UGA wants desperately to have their Spurrier-like run right now. And UF having a guy that can perform miracles at a place like Miss St or Franklin at Vandy worries them. It’s why they try and hold his MSU record against him. No depth to their thought process for many reasons. Fear and having no clue what championship football looks like from the inside out.

Florida absolutely has more opportunity to improve. That’s just common sense to me. But it doesn’t line up closely with those that claim UF had the better season. Saban put a process in place fir how things get done. He is a master at preparation, not a great game day coach and just average when facing equal talent.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Florida absolutely has more opportunity to improve. That’s just common sense to me. But it doesn’t line up closely with those that claim UF had the better season. Saban put a process in place fir how things get done. He is a master at preparation, not a great game day coach and just average when facing equal talent.
I think where Saban has struggled the most is against teams with legitimate dual threat QBs. It’s why Ole Miss and a few times Auburn has been able to hand him Ls when least expected. I think he gets too tight in big games but I believe he’s won more big tight games than lost. The losses just stick out compared to what they’ve done over the years.

At LSU I count as almost an automatic loss for anybody...

DEe6quNXcAIvhkT.jpg

I think where Saban has struggled the most is against teams with legitimate dual threat QBs. It’s why Ole Miss and a few times Auburn has been able to hand him Ls when least expected. I think he gets too tight in big games but I believe he’s won more big tight games than lost. The losses just stick out compared to what they’ve done over the years.
He’s lost very few games in total so yeah he’s won more. The Utah and OU games were almost as shocking as the ass kicking they just got. But the one most people don’t know is that he has never beaten a 9 win or better auburn team. All coaches have their hurdles. Thankfully, Kirby is still very early and will, hopefully, learn from the mistakes he has made and turn that experience and talent into a long overdue national title.

Damn. LMAO!

He said 7 wins and 5 tossups. That's the definition of objectivity, you just got your nose bent cause he listed Georgia as one of the tossups.

And also when I'm saying "toss ups" there's a range there - I think people get that. A toss up game in my thinking today isn't a 50-50 deal like flipping a quarter, but I think people get that. It's more of a 40-60% chance of winning the game...a crude estimate. lol and even with the 7 projected wins that 7 might actually change prior to the season as some teams might be better or worse than I currently think...in MAY lol.

Not to mention teams change year to year. FSU beat us by double digits in 2017, we beat them by 3 scores last year. Nobody really knows anything this time of year. Most people would disagree with UT being a toss up but he has them as one. Anything less than UGA will win by 30 gets these idiots all riled up. Beyond annoying.

We're only 4 point dogs currently on SB Nation...that's a toss up in my book.

And also when I'm saying "toss ups" there's a range there - I think people get that. A toss up game in my thinking today isn't a 50-50 deal like flipping a quarter, but I think people get that. It's more of a 40-60% chance of winning the game...a crude estimate. lol and even with the 7 projected wins that 7 might actually change prior to the season as some teams might be better or worse than I currently think...in MAY lol.
Dude, these same fans that talk about Saban losing to inferior opponents every so often are getting bent out of shape about you calling a rivalry game a toss up. I wouldn’t think twice about these imbeciles’ opinions. They know a win over UF isn’t guaranteed, they just want it to be.

The only thing guaranteed on our schedule is a loss to Miami... other than than that, sadgator is cautiously optimistic...

...oh and the fact that Towson is in our schedule is the most embarrassing and shameful thing sadgator has seen in the last 30 years...

We should honestly be subject to NCAA sanctions for that...

Reactions: fsu939913
In pretty much any given year, any of us could drop a game to any SEC team. Maybe I’m channeling my inner Vince Dooley, but I never book a win versus Tennessee, Auburn, or Florida. Just way too much back and forth there.

The only thing guaranteed on our schedule is a loss to Miami... other than than that, sadgator is cautiously optimistic...

...oh and the fact that Towson is in our schedule is the most embarrassing and shameful thing sadgator has seen in the last 30 years...

We should honestly be subject to NCAA sanctions for that...

Scheduling glitz's happen occasionally, with their overall SoS, no big deal imo.
But Towson is not the worst imo.

1990 Furman
1996 GaSo
2003 FL-a&m
2006 W.Ca
2008 The Citadel
2009 CharSo
2010 AppSt
2011 Furman
2012 JackSt
2013 GaSo
2014 EKy
2018 CharSo
About a dozen in the last 3 decades or so.
-----
2019 Towson (2018 7-5)
2019 UT-Martin (2018 2-9)

In pretty much any given year, any of us could drop a game to any SEC team. Maybe I’m channeling my inner Vince Dooley, but I never book a win versus Tennessee, Auburn, or Florida. Just way too much back and forth there.

Or you’re just smart. Almost every year the SEC owns a majority of the top recruiting classes in the country. Any team is capable of knocking off another.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT