ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia fans make me laugh

He was warning them that Jones had issues thus the request to be moved.

Listen ,neither you nor I know all the details of the incident. I think what we can agree on ,is that football is very small on the importance scale when it comes to real life issues. No program is completely clean, thats what happens when too many hands come into the mixing bowl. Billions of dollars will tend to bring in the ugliness of corruption.

Reactions: Blayze and dawgkc
Great! I suggest y'all give him an extension!

Who, Kirby? I've said repeatedly that I favor Georgia giving Kirby a lifetime contract with $200M buyout. I want to see him have to finish his career in Georgia.

Ever how long.....or short.....it is.

Who, Kirby? I've said repeatedly that I favor Georgia giving Kirby a lifetime contract with $200M buyout. I want to see him have to finish his career in Georgia.

Ever how long.....or short.....it is.

Ever wonder why Alabama has never spoken of Kirby as a replacement to Nick? Or have they Ghost? I would say you guys know something about him. He isn't up to the job perhaps.

Ever wonder why Alabama has never spoken of Kirby as a replacement to Nick? Or have they Ghost? I would say you guys know something about him. He isn't up to the job perhaps.
Alabama has never spoken of anyone as a replacement to their coach. But go ahead and follow alone with the psycho bammer on a gator board.

Reactions: buffaloslimm

Let's just say, I talked to a former SEC head coach in the Spring of 2013 and he told me the plan (at that time) was for Kirby to replace Saban. Bama was hiring a lot of off field 'analyst' positions and those guys were going to become Kirby's staff when Saban retired.

Bama went 11-2 that year and ended the season with bad losses to Auburn and Oklahoma in the Sugar. After that, I never heard anything more about a succession plan for Kirby, and at the end of the 2013 season is when rumors started popping up about Kirby moving on. Whether Saban told him to do this or it was his own idea, I have no idea.

Last edited:
I do find it interesting that Dabo’s contract is structured such that Alabama specifically gets favorable buyout terms should they decide to hire him away from Clemson as opposed to all other schools not named Alabama.
Sure but that’s Dabo talking, not Alabama. Many assume he will go. But why should he really? He’s got a great gig now. Maybe he’s all Crimson on the inside and I can understand that.

I do find it interesting that Dabo’s contract is structured such that Alabama specifically gets favorable buyout terms should they decide to hire him away from Clemson as opposed to all other schools not named Alabama.

I suspect that's more coming from his agent than Dabo. The agent knows there will come a day when Bama comes calling and this is his way of pre-emptively getting the bidding war started.....so his fee goes up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT