ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia fans make me laugh

PlutoDroid

Rowdy Reptile
Aug 16, 2015

They come on here and tell us how irrelevant we are, they speak on Dan Mullens credentials. His lack of recruiting/coaching acumen etc.

Now here is where it gets silly. The man can't recruit because of his time in Starkville, Kirby Smart is a great recruiter and game coach apparently. So Dan has a handicap for his lack of success against Nick Saban because he starts out with less talent.

Kirby Smart has more talent and better schemes right? Then explain to me how he has choked against his daddy at every turn. How did he not get his team up for the Sugar Bowl against Texas? Please answer these questions for me. I mean Dan Mullen got his less talented guys up for the Peach Bowl.

Also Alabama is your daddy, so you have no legs to stand on when you try to denigrate them. They have owned you, Ole Miss has more wins against Nick Saban than your entire program. Keep talking though. You keep looking up at daddy and forget about what Florida is capable of with a real coach.

What happens first, you catch them or get caught by us? Dan had FSU in his sights last year, stopped that streak. You guys are next. Let's see how long it takes to close that gap. Remember that Dan can't recruit though, Kirby is an elite recruiter/gameday coach. You should smoke our talentless and poorly coached team this year.

Dan took over a 4-7 team in complete disarray and went 10-3 his 1st year at UF.

4th & Dumb took over a 10-3 team that was solid and stable and went 8-5 his 1st year at UGly.

Dan finished his 1st season at UF ranked #6 in the Final Coaches Poll.

4th & Dumb finished his 3rd season at UGly ranked #8 behind Dan in the Final Poll.

Case Closed,,, for anyone not a delusional Jawja fan.... :confused:

Dan took over a 4-7 team in complete disarray and went 10-3 his 1st year at UF.

4th & Dumb took over a 10-3 team that was solid and stable and went 8-5 his 1st year at UGly.

Dan finished his 1st season at UF ranked #6 in the Final Coaches Poll.

4th & Dumb finished his 3rd season at UGly ranked #8 behind Dan in the Final Poll.

Case Closed,,, for anyone not a delusional Jawja fan.... :confused:

Old dopey better start bringing some on field results. Or else he may start getting calls questioning his coaching ability. Coming close to Alabama will only satiate those butt lickers so long.

Reactions: instaGATOR

They come on here and tell us how irrelevant we are, they speak on Dan Mullens credentials. His lack of recruiting/coaching acumen etc.

Now here is where it gets silly. The man can't recruit because of his time in Starkville, Kirby Smart is a great recruiter and game coach apparently. So Dan has a handicap for his lack of success against Nick Saban because he starts out with less talent.

Kirby Smart has more talent and better schemes right? Then explain to me how he has choked against his daddy at every turn. How did he not get his team up for the Sugar Bowl against Texas? Please answer these questions for me. I mean Dan Mullen got his less talented guys up for the Peach Bowl.

Also Alabama is your daddy, so you have no legs to stand on when you try to denigrate them. They have owned you, Ole Miss has more wins against Nick Saban than your entire program. Keep talking though. You keep looking up at daddy and forget about what Florida is capable of with a real coach.

What happens first, you catch them or get caught by us? Dan had FSU in his sights last year, stopped that streak. You guys are next. Let's see how long it takes to close that gap. Remember that Dan can't recruit though, Kirby is an elite recruiter/gameday coach. You should smoke our talentless and poorly coached team this year.
Kirby’s first #1 class will be sophomores this year. Our talent level - in my opinion - is finally on par with Bama. He’s been a head coach all of 3 years. I think we feel pretty good about where we stand. And we will smoke Florida this year. Good luck finding someone to block for that statue of a QB noone fears.

Kirby’s first #1 class will be sophomores this year. Our talent level - in my opinion - is finally on par with Bama. He’s been a head coach all of 3 years. I think we feel pretty good about where we stand. And we will smoke Florida this year. Good luck finding someone to block for that statue of a QB noone fears.

Georgia's talent level will never match Bama's because Saban's staff can evaluate and develop talent, Kirby's cannot.

Reactions: PlutoDroid

How many years does he get though. It's getting ridiculous how many times you guys say you are going to beat Saban.

I'm not even going to discuss Florida vs Georgia this year, your boy lost to McElwain. Let that sink in for a moment. Alabama is your daddy, Nick Saban has owned you and will continue to do so as long as he walks the sideline. You can bark all you want to us, you have bragging rights on that. Stop talking about what you are going to do to Alabama though. They own you and have for over a decade now.

How many years does he get though. It's getting ridiculous how many times you guys say you are going to beat Saban.

I'm not even going to discuss Florida vs Georgia this year, your boy lost to McElwain. Let that sink in for a moment. Alabama is your daddy, Nick Saban has owned you and will continue to do so as long as he walks the sideline. You can bark all you want to us, you have bragging rights on that. Stop talking about what you are going to do to Alabama though. They own you and have for over a decade now.
At least you admit we have bragging rights over you. I can respect that.

Just saying I wouldn’t expect Kirby’s teams to get worse moving forward. Recruiting is off the charts - addition by subtraction. Kirby will likely get as much time as he needs. Sec Championship, 2 sec east titles, and a national title game appearance in your first 3 years as a head coach will buy you some time. So will #1 recruiting classes. But what do I know?

I don't know who said we were going to win either game. W3 were underdogs and most gave us no chance, yet both games came down to the end including an overtime natty game. I'm on record on here last December saying the SECCG wasn't going to be a Bama cakewalk like so many were thinking. I never said we would win but I still came here after the game to take shots.
That said, if we stay reasonably healthy I think we win the SEC this year.

I don’t get where the disrespect for Mullen is coming from. As you guys know, State is UK’s permanent cross-divisional opponent.

UK was 5-2 vs State in the seven years preceding Mullen, During his tenure, UK went 1-8. Sylvester Croom left Mullen a half-empty cupboard, and he obviously turned their program around.

UK fans have seen first hand what Mullen can do. I have the utmost respect for how he runs a program, I’m just glad we somehow miraculously broke the embarrassing losing streak last year before Mullen gets rolling.
Who’s disrespecting Mullen? Is calling someone a not so great recruiter and saying Kirby is better considered disrespect? Based on what we’ve seen, it’s pretty accurate.

They want so desperately to be taken seriously by Bama fans. Sad thing is, we take Ed Orgeron and LSU more seriously than Kirby and Georgia. Everyone knows that Kirby needs #1 classes every year to even have a chance of getting out of his own way as a coach.

And even with that, he will still have 2-3 games a year where its close enough that his coaching ability factors in. Those are the games Georgia loses. See last year.

Good luck finding someone to block for that statue of a QB noone fears.
Now, go try and sell that line of chit to the #7 Meatchickens with the #1 ranked defense... :cool:

PS - Was #15 Texazz afraid of your 21 Pt. nuttlickers? :rolleyes:
Choke-la-homa put 87 combined points on them in their 2 games... o_O

Yep, your 2 game winning streak over the Gators during Mc's final 4-7 season, and Dan's 1st season at UF, is absolutely AMAZING.... :rolleyes:

Just saying I wouldn’t expect Kirby’s teams to get worse moving forward. Recruiting is off the charts - addition by subtraction. But what do I know?

Not much obviously... :confused:

2020 Recruiting Class Rankings: (on the charts) :p

5. UF/Dan

10. UGly/4th & Dumb

Imagine having an athletic stiff like Fromm as your QB and having the audacity to call another QB a statue. Fromm would be lucky to run a 4.9 on his best day.

Franks began the 2018 season as the #10 ranked QB in the SEC. :(
Dan Mullen + Brian Johnson
Franks begins the 2019 season as the #3 ranked QB in the SEC. :p

Franks suffered with some growing pains that helped lead to 3 losses, (same number of losses as UGly), and injured players at critical points during the season didn't help.

Injured players are back and the team balance and depth has been improved immensely.
We'll just have to wait and see how things shake out in the coming season.. :cool:
Coaching and player development vs outsider's star ratings.... o_O

Franks began the 2018 season as the #10 ranked QB in the SEC. :(
Dan Mullen + Brian Johnson
Franks begins the 2019 season as the #3 ranked QB in the SEC. :p

Franks suffered with some growing pains that helped lead to 3 losses, (same number of losses as UGly), and injured players at critical points during the season didn't help.

Injured players are back and the team balance and depth has been improved immensely.
We'll just have to wait and see how things shake out in the coming season.. :cool:
Coaching and player development vs outsider's star ratings.... o_O
Our first round CB this year was a low ranked 3 star recruit. How’s that for player development?

Good thing we have the best O line in the country. Imagine having one of the worst :rolleyes:

Yea, great. Has nothing to do with anything. You dissed another QB for being a stiff when your QB is arguably the least athletic starting QB of any top 15 team. He makes scrambling for 5 yards look painful. As usual, you make no sense.

Yea, great. Has nothing to do with anything. You dissed another QB for being a stiff when your QB is arguably the least athletic starting QB of any top 15 team. He makes scrambling for 5 yards look painful. As usual, you make no sense.
No, I was simply stating you have a statue of a QB with a very unproven O line. And Mullen is likely looking at the transfer portal for linemen as I type this response.

Reactions: Dawgs_74
Our first round CB this year was a low ranked 3 star recruit. How’s that for player development?

Isaac Nauta: 5-star, 7th round pick after 3 years under the Kang.
Trenton Thompson: 5-star and #1 overall, undrafted after 2 years under the Kang.
Terry Godwin: 5-star, 6th round pick after 3 years under the Kang

And that’s just off the top of my head in the last 3 years. I love picking and choosing too.

Reactions: PacoGator19

WoW! Impressive,,,, most impressive.
We just had 4 junior early departures drafted, 3 were 3 stars, and one was a 4 star... :cool:
They all gave Mullen and Savage the credit for them being drafting. o_O

Trenton Thompson: 5-star and #1 overall, undrafted after 2 years under the Kang.

And that’s just off the top of my head in the last 3 years. I love picking and choosing too.

Good grief. Pretty sure all those guys were projected as high draft picks at one point. What happened?

4th and Kirby happened.

Reactions: PacoGator19

Just saying I wouldn’t expect Kirby’s teams to get worse moving forward. Recruiting is off the charts - addition by subtraction. Kirby will likely get as much time as he needs. Sec Championship, 2 sec east titles, and a national title game appearance in your first 3 years as a head coach will buy you some time. So will #1 recruiting classes. But what do I know?
You guys are happy with Kirby, that's great. We are happy with Dan, Alabama is happy with Nick.

Now of those three I just named there is only one that has proven he can recruit and coach at a high level consistently. For the other two it's all about the optimism and hope. I concede Kirby has recruited at an elite level and won an SEC championship against Auburn. He came close to winning a National Title too.

Now let's look at what Dan Mullen inherited and what he led us to this year. We went 4 and 7 last year. Felipe Frank's was benched, his confidence shaken. Our coach was fired after making false death threat claims . Our strength and conditioning level was conference USA level.

We didn't have the talent you guys had, heck Tennessee was outrecruiting us. Now look how we got pushed around and bullied by you guys and Kentucky. We lost to Missouri and people figured us for dead in the water. We could have tanked and given Dan a mulligan, but then something happened in the second half against South Carolina. Frank's was being booed off the field. It was only rational to think Dan should bench him and put in Emory Jones. He didn't and Frank's went on a tear from there playing and looking like a former 4 star recruit.

We won that game, trashed Idaho (I think), stopped the Noles winning streak and went into the Peach Bowl against a team that was pissed and had owned us just last year. We were underdogs, surely we couldn't duplicate what Ohio State had done. Surely Harbaugh was a better coach right?

So possibly you can see why we may be a little enthused with Dan Mullen. He brings life and energy , he is a very likeable guy if you root for the Gators.( McElwain was just somebody I couldn't ever say was likeable.)

Alabama and Nick Saban are the mountaintop right now. The rest of us are playing catch up.

They want so desperately to be taken seriously by Bama fans. Sad thing is, we take Ed Orgeron and LSU more seriously than Kirby and Georgia. Everyone knows that Kirby needs #1 classes every year to even have a chance of getting out of his own way as a coach.

And even with that, he will still have 2-3 games a year where its close enough that his coaching ability factors in. Those are the games Georgia loses. See last year.
We don't give a damn about Bama fans. LOL. Kirby's in your head man. You can't stop talking about him.

Reactions: almadawg0001
Imagine having an athletic stiff like Fromm as your QB and having the audacity to call another QB a statue. Fromm would be lucky to run a 4.9 on his best day.
He doesn't have to run to be a great QB. He'll be a first rounder next year as well.

Then how did Florida end up ranked ahead of Georgia?

Damn that Mullen must be a helluva coach. Kirby.....not so much.
I have no idea how the #3 team in the east finished ahead of the #1 team in the east that beat them head to head by 20. It truly is a head scratcher.

The comment was about this upcoming season, bud.

Hey man, I’m just using the best example of a kid in a position that Kirby played and coached. You all like to brag about Mullen developing QB’s, why can’t I brag about Kirby developing CB’s? Have a feeling we’re going to be RBU and DBU moving forward by the way.

I have no idea how the #3 team in the east finished ahead of the #1 team in the east that beat them head to head by 20. It truly is a head scratcher.

The comment was about this upcoming season, bud.

I'm guessing Florida finishing the season on a 4-game winning streak while 4th and Kirby lost its last 2 had something to do with it.

You weren't robbed, you earned your ranking. So did Florida.

Reactions: PlutoDroid
I'm guessing Florida finishing the season on a 4-game winning streak while 4th and Kirby lost its last 2 had something to do with it.

You weren't robbed, you earned your ranking. So did Florida.

Quite honestly this past year should and most likely will be our worst squad under Dan Mullen. Wait until he has his QB in there, but let Georgia fans overlook us and look ahead to another matchup with Alabama in the SEC Title Game. They can be assured that Dan has them circled on the calender, much like Florida State and Michigan were at the end of last year. They still have more talent, they should win again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT