ADVERTISEMENT

Gators to Hire Ron Roberts as LB Coach, Co-Defensive Coordinator ?

Talent index came out and only 2 of our opponents have more talent than us according to that. We are # 15 but I think we will probably be top 10 next season after this coming class.

I don't think that means a single thing lol we were top 10 on that list losing 7 games a yr for like 4 yrs straight. Don't believe it accounts for transfers either

I don't think that means a single thing lol we were top 10 on that list losing 7 games a yr for like 4 yrs straight. Don't believe it accounts for transfers either
It generally does but there are always a couple of teams that way underachieve either due to players being overrated or not doing good with their development. I think FSU and USC underachieved for quite a few years based on that. I also wouldn't say we are more talented than FSU this year due to our youth. I think practically looking at it Georgia, LSU and FSU have better rosters than us for this season.

Reactions: fsu939913
The Gator's New & Improved Armstrong Aggressive Defense:
Zero Sacks, Zero Interceptions, only 2 QB Hurries.

Having 2 DB coaches didn't work, so now there's only one.
Having 2 OL coaches isn't working, so.......

The iG suggests firing one and hiring an OC/QB coach, which is not a 1st time suggestion...

The Gator's Offense: There was a lot that wasn’t just first-game issues for some new faces.
Many of the issues present go straight to Billy Napier’s core strategies.

Amateur Football Drivel from the iG:
The M&M QB's in the O&B game combined for 17 Pts.
The M&M QB's in the last 2 games have combined for 14 Pts
Loo-King-Gud, so don't change a single thang.....

The Gator's New & Improved Armstrong Aggressive Defense:
Zero Sacks, Zero Interceptions, only 2 QB Hurries.

Having 2 DB coaches didn't work, so now there's only one.
Having 2 OL coaches isn't working, so.......

The iG suggests firing one and hiring an OC/QB coach, which is not a 1st time suggestion...

The Gator's Offense: There was a lot that wasn’t just first-game issues for some new faces.
Many of the issues present go straight to Billy Napier’s core strategies.

Amateur Football Drivel from the iG:
The M&M QB's in the O&B game combined for 17 Pts.
The M&M QB's in the last 2 games have combined for 14 Pts
Loo-King-Gud, so don't change a single thang.....

The main issue was Princely not generating any pass rush. He has to produce for us to have a decent pass rush. Supposedly the young guy did better on his limited snaps.

WR Wilson's 1st game as a Gator, and what to remember about it.
He took a punt inside the 5 yard line, instead of letting it go into the endzone.
He fielded 2 punts inside the 10 yard line (Fr mistakes).... 😕

However, he had the Gator's only 3rd down conversion (1-13) with a 13 yard reception leading to the capping for a 98 yard drive for the Gators only TD. He also caught the 2 Pt conversion pass.-- He had 2 receptions for 24 yds, There were moments when Wilson had an opportunity to do more, though a penalty nullified what would have been a 15-yard gain. He also had a 9 yard run on an end-around type play.

JMOHO, but Wilson is a more talented WR that the 'entitled' Pearsall in the slot.

WR Wilson's 1st game as a Gator, and what to remember about it.
He took a punt inside the 5 yard line, instead of letting it go into the endzone.
He fielded 2 punts inside the 10 yard line (Fr mistakes).... 😕

However, he had the Gator's only 3rd down conversion (1-13) with a 13 yard reception leading to the capping for a 98 yard drive for the Gators only TD. He also caught the 2 Pt conversion pass.-- He had 2 receptions for 24 yds, There were moments when Wilson had an opportunity to do more, though a penalty nullified what would have been a 15-yard gain. He also had a 9 yard run on an end-around type play.

JMOHO, but Wilson is a more talented WR that the 'entitled' Pearsall in the slot.

I doubt it at this point but Wilson I think could be a serious weapon later in the year if we keep using him more.

Reactions: gatordad3
Star/CB Perkins was an okay player, but a very questionable person, so no big loss there imo....

Kahnen Daniels put up 50 on the scoreboard last night, 7 TD'S and 4 2pt conversions while casually rushing for 427 yards

Awesome I Like It GIF by LuckyView

He seems a little less happy in this one…

There's another Vols fan who's known as Big Vol Daddy or something similar who usually vents after a loss to Florida. BVD was recently released from the hospital after spending 52 days there. I believe as a result he got his leg amputated, may have cancer, yet still smokes at least 2 packs a day so he may not be around much longer.

My fondest memory of BVD was the time Lane Kiffin snuck out of Knoxville. BVD was so ticked off he threw his Kiffin jersey out on his front lawn, burned it before he ended up pissing on it.

• Haha
Reactions: Gator Fever
There's another Vols fan who's known as Big Vol Daddy or something similar who usually vents after a loss to Florida. BVD was recently released from the hospital after spending 52 days there. I believe as a result he got his leg amputated, may have cancer, yet still smokes at least 2 packs a day so he may not be around much longer.

My fondest memory of BVD was the time Lane Kiffin snuck out of Knoxville. BVD was so ticked off he threw his Kiffin jersey out on his front lawn, burned it before he ended up pissing on it.

They are still in meltdown mode over at VolNation.

Whoa....that took a hard turn fast.

I doubt it at this point but Wilson I think could be a serious weapon later in the year if we keep using him more.

Eugene Wilson III 5-10 170 Fr caught 6 passes for 44 yards on Florida's opening drive against Tennessee before going out injured. He is one of UF's top-performing freshmen this season, Eugene took over a first-team role at slot wide receiver in Week 2 and has collected 12 receptions for 104 yards and two rushes for 27 yards in just over two games to begin the campaign.

Napier is holding him out for Charlotte, which is a good thing that I agree with. He's not needed this week, and I'd rather have him back fully healthey for @ UK...
------
WR Ricky Pearsall 6-1 190 Sr is a good WR/KR and needs to be in the game, but I still think that Wilson has more talent and more potential for big plays.

And Gator Fever, Ricky seem to agree. -- "I think he's a very talented player, very unique," Florida senior receiver Ricky Pearsall said of Wilson. "He's a very twitchy guy, so I think he's one of those guys where you've got to get the ball in his hands in space, so I think we were going out there and trying to do that. Get him going, because the young guys it's like, oh, they get in the Swamp and it's new to them, but I don't think the lights are too big for that kid. I think he's going to be a big player for us, big impact guy, so I'm excited for him."

Also -- "I've been in college for a few years and I haven't seen someone that fast, that twitchy," Florida starting QB Graham Mertz said.

"Sometimes you just know," Florida starting corner Jason Marshall said of Wilson. --- Yeeppeerrr....

These Gator's no longer need to be starters.
Play Yes, Start No, jmoho's of course....

K-XPt/FG Adam Mihalek 6-2 200 rsSo - 1 of 3 FG's 33%, 4 of 5 X-Pt's 80%. - WO
------
K-KO Trey Smack 6-1 200 So - 1 of 1 FG's, 3 of 3 X-Pts 100% - 5 Star K'er
KO Average 64.3 Yds, 33 of 49 for TB's.
>>> Napier said it will be a game-time decision on who will start. -- the iG 🙄
Trivia -- Currently 61% of FBS teams have an Australian at K/P on their roster.

RT Damieon George Jr 6-6 350 rsSo- Since Week 1, he has struggled in his first-team role through three games. In addition to his hand in the fight (post-game TN), George has been penalized four times this season and has given up a team-high five quarterback pressures.
-----
RT Lyndell Hudson II 6-5 325 rsSr needs to become the new and maybe permanent 2023 starter. (delayed his 2023 start due to pre-season car wreck concussion protocols)
An FIU xfer, In 2022 he ranked among the best linemen in the nation, according to Pro Football Focus,

RG Micah Mazzccua 6-5 325 Jr Baylor xfer- Suspended for 1st half due to post game TN brawl.
-----
RG Knijeah Harris 6-3 315 Fr (IMG) has appeared in each game as an OL backup this season, earning snaps at both LG & RG with a single-game high of 42 reps against McNeese State. He has yet to allow a sack or pressure over 32 pass protection snaps, per PFF.
=====

JMOHO's as always....

TE Jon Odom has played the best over-all so far among the TE's.
He's a good blocker, he runs good routes, gets open, and he CATCHES the ball.

TE Hayden Hansen has graded out well recently for his contributions as a run blocker.
Play them all, but Jon should be the starter for now.

Note: Dante Zanders is out 1st half due to TN brawl, while he's had some drops, one in the endzone missing out on a TD. Good kid, great Gator, but not the best TE available right now....

PS to ILB Shemar James: You need to put more time on the curls machine to strengthen your arms,,,
so that you can wrap up and finish the tackle after you get there so quickly.... 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicktheslick

------
K-KO Trey Smack 6-1 200 So - 1 of 1 FG's, 3 of 3 X-Pts 100% - 5 Star Auzzie K'er

RT Damieon George Jr 6-6 350 rsSo- Since Week 1, he has struggled in his first-team role through three games. In addition to his hand in the fight (post-game TN), George has been penalized four times this season and has given up a team-high five quarterback pressures.
-----
RT Lyndell Hudson II 6-5 325 rsSr needs to become the new and maybe permanent 2023 starter. (delayed his 2023 start due to pre-season car wreck concussion protocols)
An FIU xfer, In 2022 he ranked among the best linemen in the nation, according to Pro Football Focus,

RG Micah Mazzccua 6-5 325 Jr Baylor xfer- Suspended for 1st half due to post game TN brawl.
-----
RG Knijeah Harris 6-3 315 Fr (IMG) has appeared in each game as an OL backup this season, earning snaps at both LG & RG with a single-game high of 42 reps against McNeese State. He has yet to allow a sack or pressure over 32 pass protection snaps, per PFF.
=====

JMOHO's as always....

TE Hayden Hansen has graded out well recently for his contributions as a run blocker.

Note: Dante Zanders is out 1st half due to TN brawl, while he's had some drops, one in the endzone missing out on a TD. Good kid, great Gator, but not the best TE available right now....

PS to ILB Shemar James: You need to put more time on the curls machine to strengthen your arms,,,
so that you can wrap up and finish the tackle after you get there so quickly.... 😉

Odom can't block and isn't starting SEC material. I am hoping Boardingham takes that starting spot sometime this season.

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR

------
K-KO Trey Smack 6-1 200 So - 1 of 1 FG's, 3 of 3 X-Pts 100% - 5 Star Auzzie K'er

-----

-----
=====

JMOHO's as always....

Mihalek must be some sort of punishment for us. I'm truly struggling to remember the last mediocre to bad kicker we had.

It feels like it was either Leach or pre-Leach. And I don't necessarily remember him being bad, I was just a lot more critical 20 years ago.

Mihalek must be some sort of punishment for us. I'm truly struggling to remember the last mediocre to bad kicker we had.

It feels like it was either Leach or pre-Leach. And I don't necessarily remember him being bad, I was just a lot more critical 20 years ago.
Back when we had Austin Harden during the Muschamp years. IIRC, Harden ended up injured for the last 4-5 games in 2015 and ended up with a kicker who eventually became a dentist. It would have been worse under Butters had it not been for Eddie, Eddie, Eddie Pinero.

Back when we had Austin Harden during the Muschamp years. IIRC, Harden ended up injured for the last 4-5 games in 2015 and ended up with a kicker who eventually became a dentist. It would have been worse under Butters had it not been for Eddie, Eddie, Eddie Pinero.

Who?!?! It is RARE that a name doesn't even ring a bell for me, and I've got NOTHING for that.

I'll be damned.

Wasn’t it Pineiro who refused to kick short on a kickoff, even though that was how the coverage was called, and the guy ended up running it back like 70 yards?

UF 11 - 24 @ #14 Utah (now #10)
UF 49 - 7 McNeeseSt
UF 29 - 16 #11 Tennis-sea (now #21)
#25 UF 22 - 7 Charlotte
#22 UF ?? - ?? @ Kensucky (4-0, receiving AP Top 25 votes)

UK 44 - 14 Ball St
UK 28 - 17 E.Ken
UK 35 - 3 Akron
UK 45 - 28 Vandy
Well now, that's a killer schedule to begin a season on.... 🙄
Combined UK 152 - 62 Opponents
Stoops has likely been practicing and working on his game plans vs the Gators for the last 4 weeks against those scrimmage teams....

The iG's concern,,, UK might get 4 sacks on Saturday, putting UF out of the Top 25, while UK finally gets into the Top 25.... (please make that incorrect)

With the iG's posting,,, it's all speculation, conjecture, and opinion, but not without some baseline data and my own eye-test observations. While me being right or wrong doesn't affect anything they do...

Last edited:
UF 11 - 24 @ #14 Utah (now #10)
UF 49 - 7 McNeeseSt
UF 29 - 16 #11 Tennis-sea (now #21)
#25 UF 22 - 7 Charlotte
#22 UF ?? - ?? @ Kensucky (4-0, receiving AP Top 25 votes)

UK 44 - 14 Ball St
UK 28 - 17 E.Ken
UK 35 - 3 Akron
UK 45 - 28 Vandy
Well now, that's a killer schedule to begin a season on.... 🙄
Combined UK 152 - 62 Opponents
Stoops has likely been practicing and working on his game plans vs the Gators for the last 4 weeks against those scrimmage teams....

The iG's concern,,, UK might get 4 sacks on Saturday, putting UF out of the Top 25, while UK finally gets into the Top 25.... (please make that incorrect)

With the iG's posting,,, it's all speculation, conjecture, and opinion, but not without some baseline data and my own eye-test observations. While me be right or wrong doesn't affect anything they do...

Well Vandy did whip us and Kentucky last season so Stoops might have had to pause the UF game preparation this past week.

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
Well Vandy did whip us and Kentucky last season so Stoops might have had to pause the UF game preparation this past week.
Vandy is 2-3, having lost to Wake, UNLV, and UK.

UK beat Vandy by 3 TD's.

Vandy has only beat a 2-3 Hawaii and D2 Ala-A&M in home games @ Nashville....
🤓

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida has committed at least one baffling special teams error in every game this season, and has produced at least four perplexing special teams blunders in three separate games.

Ask Billy Napier about these issues, though, and he'll find a way to look at them positively. Or he'll act like they aren't real.

• Wow
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida has committed at least one baffling special teams error in every game this season, and has produced at least four perplexing special teams blunders in three separate games.

Ask Billy Napier about these issues, though, and he'll find a way to look at them positively. Or he'll act like they aren't real.

We all know how much you want Primo Eddie back, and your boy 3rd and Grantham.

• Wow
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT