ADVERTISEMENT

Gators to Hire Ron Roberts as LB Coach, Co-Defensive Coordinator ?

Hartman is a really good player when healthy but navy sucks
Hartman is a really good player who will get drafted pretty high by the NFL. Notre Dame's schedule has a lot of bad teams on it, but they do play at NC State in 2 weeks, they host Ohio State on 9/23, play at Louisville 10/7, host USC 10/14, and play at Clemson 11/4.

Hartman is a really good player who will get drafted pretty high by the NFL. Notre Dame's schedule has a lot of bad teams on it, but they do play at NC State in 2 weeks, they host Ohio State on 9/23, play at Louisville 10/7, host USC 10/14, and play at Clemson 11/4.

I would be confident of an 8-4 record this season if we got Hartman or Leary in the portal but my guess is Hartman wouldn't have came here with our situation. Leary is probably the one we possibly could have got if we were willing to match KY's offer.

Reactions: fsu939913
Just saw an interview of Spurrier and he said he wouldn't be surprised if we saw walk-on QB Leon play this year and said how Napier liked what he saw of him moving the ball down the field. The only thing worrisome about Spurrier saying that is he saw those scrimmages and had that to say when first asked about this year without bringing up Mertz doing good himself.

• Haha
Amateur sports have run down from the beginning Christian principles, to Roman solders excesses.
And it looks to me like it will continue from Roman solders all the way down to Caligula levels with NIL's help.... 😒

Sadly, this is good for me in a way, because it eases my own old age ride down to my departure journey.
Leaving this fast degrading, on every level world, is fast becoming somewhat positive for me personally.
Looking around at what the world is now heading to,,, makes the soon to come letting go easier for me.... 🤓

• Sad
Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
Amateur sports have run down from the beginning Christian principles, to Roman solders excesses.
And it looks to me like it will continue from Roman solders all the way down to Caligula levels with NIL's help.... 😒

Sadly, this is good for me in a way, because it eases my own old age ride down to my departure journey.
Leaving this fast degrading, on every level world, is fast becoming somewhat positive for me personally.
Looking around at what the world is now heading to,,, makes the soon to come letting go easier for me.... 🤓

Well at least we appear to be playing the game more now and some other teams have backed down to more reasonable market levels now. Caligula was pretty good in Dracula Untold.

7a2bf617-8301-4fb2-9806-f1ba9ed01ae0_text.gif

Just saw an interview of Spurrier and he said he wouldn't be surprised if we saw walk-on QB Leon play this year and said how Napier liked what he saw of him moving the ball down the field. The only thing worrisome about Spurrier saying that is he saw those scrimmages and had that to say when first asked about this year without bringing up Mertz doing good himself.

Damn.... Spurrier is truthful to the bone (which is why I like him). Either the other QBs are terrible and the walk on is the "least terrible" option or the walk on is actually good and just better than the others

Damn.... Spurrier is truthful to the bone (which is why I like him). Either the other QBs are terrible and the walk on is the "least terrible" option or the walk on is actually good and just better than the others

My guess is he was the only one that looked good in the 2nd scrimmage at least. I haven't heard any rumors of how it went for Mertz or Brown in that last scrimmage. Playing Utah on the road should tell us a lot about Mertz.

Last edited:
I hope you guys end up playing TCU either this year or next. I want to see Watson line up across from the only guy in the NCAA who can make him look like a little fella...

AA1fQAvy.img

The video of him in the link is actually pretty impressive. Like Watson, he's pretty nimble for as massive as he is.

Last edited:

“Now, Micah has proved to be very effective,” Napier said. “He’s smart, he’s a student of the game. The guy throws a really good ball.”

Napier looked excited about the possibility of the walk-on getting a shot when talking to the media on Saturday.

“Man, these scrimmages, he just moves the ball right down the field every time,” he said. “Micah has done a really nice job and we’ve given him some reps and he’s made the most of those reps.”

“We’re giving him reps for a reason,” he said.

Last edited:
My guess is he was the only one that looked good in the 2nd scrimmage at least. I haven't heard any rumors of how it went for Mertz or Brown in that last scrimmage. Playing Utah on the road should tell us a lot about Mertz.
Mertz was good in the 2nd scrimmage as was Leon but Leon was going against backups as well, etc and I’m still not sure how much depth we have on defense. I think our defense will be much improved but it still isn’t going to be what I would call a “good” defense. We have holes in the secondary and too many true freshmen back there that are going to play alot. Jakeem Jackson, Dijon Johnson, Jordan Castell, etc.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Mertz was good in the 2nd scrimmage as was Leon but Leon was going against backups as well, etc and I’m still not sure how much depth we have on defense. I think our defense will be much improved but it still isn’t going to be what I would call a “good” defense. We have holes in the secondary and too many true freshmen back there that are going to play alot. Jakeem Jackson, Dijon Johnson, Jordan Castell, etc.

Pretty nervous about Mertz if they are able to slow our run game down some. Watched some more of Wisconsin's offensive plays from 2022 and Mertz wasn't too good once the ball was thrown more than about 5 yards pass the line of scrimmage. A lot of near interceptions and off target throws in there. As far as the defense goes the D line should be more disruptive but not sure about the rest. Its kind of funny seeing the Utah fans talk about the matchup between our offense and their defense. Many of them are convinced our new O line will cause us issues and they dont seem to be too worried about our passing attack saying its Pearsall and no one else from last season.

Pretty nervous about Mertz if they are able to slow our run game down some. Watched some more of Wisconsin's offensive plays from 2022 and Mertz wasn't too good once the ball was thrown more than about 5 yards pass the line of scrimmage. A lot of near interceptions and off target throws in there. As far as the defense goes the D line should be more disruptive but not sure about the rest. Its kind of funny seeing the Utah fans talk about the matchup between our offense and their defense. Many of them are convinced our new O line will cause us issues and they dont seem to be too worried about our passing attack saying its Pearsall and no one else from last season.

Not sure what else you can expect from Utah men who have multiple wives while the women there have nasty bee hive hairstyles sharing one husband.

There is also a big sign in front of a frat house across the UF campus that says as much about Utah residents.

Wilson isn’t a safety. He’s been asked by the coaching staff to change positions. He refuses to do so at this point. Castell is a combo of just being mis ranked and a good eval. Just look at the kids high school tape. He wasn’t a 3 star prospect and many people thought he was underanked in last years class.

Wilson isn’t a safety. He’s been asked by the coaching staff to change positions. He refuses to do so at this point. Castell is a combo of just being mis ranked and a good eval. Just look at the kids high school tape. He wasn’t a 3 star prospect and many people thought he was underanked in last years class.

What are they trying to get Wilson to switch to?

Interesting. I heard people saying he was slow compared to some others at the position. He may as well transfer after the season if he isn't willing to switch to another DB position that doesn't require as much processing.

I actually looked up the backstory and Toast did play 10 years for Giants, Chargers and won two SBs with the Cowboys. Parcels nicknamed him toast while he was with the giants and cut him in season when Willie Gault beat him deep and he was cramping up, allegedly because he was hungover. Legend.

• Wow
Reactions: gatordad3
Talent index came out and only 2 of our opponents have more talent than us according to that. We are # 15 but I think we will probably be top 10 next season after this coming class.

Two that I've been looking forward to seeing play since last year.
“I saw it quick," Mertz said on Jackson's talents on Monday."
(While the iG saw it before you had even arrived on campus.) 😉

Offensively, wide receiver Kahleil Jackson and tight end Tony Livingston earned the nod at the top of their respective positions.
=====

While I didn't see this coming at all. Surprised, but not shocked I guess...

Finally, on the defensive side of the ball, Florida made the unexpected decision to place freshman safety Jordan Castell (6-2 220) over expected starter in Michigan transfer junior RJ Moten (6-0 220).
Secondary coach Corey Raymond and defensive coordinator Austin Armstrong voted in favor of potential rather than experience.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT