ADVERTISEMENT

Gators to Hire Ron Roberts as LB Coach, Co-Defensive Coordinator ?

Some high praise from Napier. He must be like 25 years old if he is 7 years removed from high school. It looks like he was never given much playing time to show what he has at his other stops. It wouldn't surprise me if either Brown or him look better than Miller if they get a shot to play this season. Some people think if we lose Mertz during the season though things could really go bad as in worse than 6-6 bad.

If we lose our whole team it could get dicey as well but I think our running game could maybe still keep it close in most games.
I think the DL improves this year - depth is there now. LBs will be slightly better but may look a lot better based on the DL play. Gotta hope the DBs are at least in the right spots under Raymond's 2nd year in the system. Evein if the DB play isn't elite you have to think we look better.

lol I'm getting hyped for the D though we gotta see it first of course.

Edit: the D's phase of the game I'm hoping for the most improvement and am anxious to see is the Safety-LB passing game. It's been so bad for like ever lol - if this part of the D gets it going it should be a really solid, if not elite.

Last edited:
Another quick WR look:

Fraziars 6-4 218 Jr - 5 for 60 yds, 12.0 Yds/Rec

Burke 6-4 199 rsSo - 6 for 103 yds, 17.2 Yds/Rec

Douglas 6-3 202 So - 10 for 175 yds, 17.5 Yds/Rec.

C.Bowman 6-0 201 So - 7 for 138 yds, 19.7 Yds/Rec (slot)

Pearsall 6-1 192 Sr - 33 for 661 yds, 20.0 Yds/Rec - (slot) Maxwell Watch List

K.Jackson 6-3 219 rsSo - 2 for 43 yds, 21.5 Yds/Rec

(Jackson & Burke caught the only TD's in the O&B game)

While the 3 newbee Fr speed merchants look to make a huge impact.
Wilson - 5-10 180 - NFL DB Father (slot + PR/KR)
Jean ---- 6-1 198 - EE
Mizell --- 6-2 167 - EE

Another quick WR look:

Fraziars 6-4 218 Jr - 5 for 60 yds, 12.0 Yds/Rec

Burke 6-4 199 rsSo - 6 for 103 yds, 17.2 Yds/Rec

Douglas 6-3 202 So - 10 for 175 yds, 17.5 Yds/Rec.

C.Bowman 6-0 201 So - 7 for 138 yds, 19.7 Yds/Rec (slot)

Pearsall 6-1 192 Sr - 33 for 661 yds, 20.0 Yds/Rec - (slot) Maxwell Watch List

K.Jackson 6-3 219 rsSo - 2 for 43 yds, 21.5 Yds/Rec

(Jackson & Burke caught the only TD's in the O&B game)

While the 3 newbee Fr speed merchants look to make a huge impact.
Wilson - 5-10 180 - NFL DB Father (slot + PR/KR)
Jean ---- 6-1 198 - EE
Mizell --- 6-2 167 - EE

Interesting as Utah fans were on their site saying not to be worried about our passing attack because only one WR had more than 10 catches last season.

🤣 Yes I look at other sites to see what they are saying about their team. Feel better now.
“Wife #1 told me last night she thinks the Utes are gonna kick ass.

Wife #2 disagreed and thought we we may have few holes in the O-line.

Wife #3 is concerned that all the focus on leaving the PAC-12 may distract the team’s preparation for Florida.

Wife #4 didn’t have our meatloaf and chocolate milk ready at precisely 6:00 p.m., so we were all a little cranky before we went to bed.

Does anybody have 25 extra tickets to the game?…I’m thinking about surprising the kids!”

Whittingham's report after their final Thursday scrimmage

A significant part of the (offense) improvement has come at the quarterback position, and while Whittingham is still not prepared to name the starter for the season opener, he did give insights on how Bryson Barnes and Nate Johnson are progressing.

“For the two spot, Bryson Barnes and Nate (Johnson) are on equal footing right now,” Whittingham said. “Nate’s closed the gap and they’re exactly in a dead heat at this point.”

As for Cam Rising?
“He’s progressing,” Whittingham said. “He’s progressing through practice.”
Although Rising hasn’t been able to compete without restrictions, the hope is still there to have him start against the Gators.

Jaden Rashada won starting QB job at ASU.... not much competition there though but thought that was of note

They have Dillingham as their HC who was our OC (and the one calling the plays when we lost to Jacksonville state).... so not expecting much

Sounds like the ND transfer got hurt in camp but I wonder if he would have started Rashada regardless. What was the issue with him at FSU as far as play calling?

If you missed our promotion earlier this month, you get a second shot at a deeply discounted annual subscription! Take advantage of KICKOFF2023 now before it disappears.

I encourage you to take advantage of this special offer! The live Game Chats are worth the price of admission. Chat with the top insiders anywhere on the internet in The Swamp! Any question regarding recruiting or the team just ask away.....

KICKOFF2023

Offer: 60% off the first year of an annual subscription
Promo Code: KICKOFF2023
Offer valid through 8.28.23

New subscribers use this link

https://Florida.rivals.com/sign_up?promo_code=KICKOFF2023

That is strange @Jeff from Jax hasn't been around for a while. I hope everything is alright with him.
Has Jeff really not had any activity since July 21? It is the week before the season…no way he wouldn’t be here…sadgator is trying to be positive but we seriously should all say a quick prayer…

200.gif

I suspected Insta might be Compugator also but Sad says he wasn't Insta. I highly doubt Insta is @[B]Jeff from Jax[/B] though.

Since 1999 here, never posting as anybody but the iG.
Instant Gator, just add bourbon to SWAMP water.... 😉
==========

DL Starters and Depth:

DE's Coach - Mike Peterson

JACK - wsDE
Princely Umanmielen 6-5 225 Jr

TJ searcy 6-5 245 Fr

F-End - ssDE
Justus Boone 6-4 265 rsSo - Injured (knee) out for the season in Fall practice..
Jack Pyburn 6-3 250 So
Kelby Collins 6-4 270 Fr

DE/DT Tyreik Norwood 6-3 240 rsSr - 2022 WO - Kentucky Wesleyan xfer
DE Quincy Ivory 6-3 260 So - JuCo xfer
DE Bryce Caperrs 6-4 230 rsFr - 2022 PWO
DE Kamran James 6-6 270 Fr
DE/TE Gavin Hill 6-3 255 Fr
DE Layne Swafford 6-2 235 Fr - PWO

=====

DT's Coach - Sean Spencer

DT Chris McClellan 6-3 320 So

DT/NT Caleb Banks 6-6 320 rsFr
DT/DE Tyreak Sapp 6-3 275 rsSo

NT Cam Jackson 6-6 360 Jr - Memphis xfer
NT Desmond Watson 6-5 435 Jr

DT Jaelin Humphries 6-3 325 rsJr - Injury plagued career
DT Jamari Lyons 6-4 305 rsFr
DT Will Norman 6-4 300 Fr

DT Keenan Landry 6-1 305 rsSo - PWO JuCo xfer
DT Nicolas Flynn 6-2 285 rsFr - 2022 PWO
DT Andre Morris 6-3 320 Fr - PWO
DT Sebastian Scott 6-2 375 Fr - PWO
DT Connor Homa 6-2 325 Fr - WO

Last edited:
Reactions: Gator Fever
Compugator must have been before my time. I don’t recall him.

Man...trust me...that was a posting style that was definitely hard to forget.

He lived up to his handle.

One of the earliest posts from him that I recall was asking about how to code and format something on here for optimal posting.

It's still possible that he was simply nothing more than early AI that was being thrown at us as a test.

While sadgator’s at it, he’s gonna pray for you to make it out of the Citrus Bowl parking lot in one piece…

Make sure to walk with a buddy…just sayin’…

I'm going but as an LSU fan, already got the hat and shirt. Time to piss off some noles, God I hope LSU wins

I've been working out, benched 315 the other day, so I should be fine

Reactions: sadgator
Sad’s infatuation with Compu is one of the more befuddling aspects of this board.
Admittedly, the dude’s posts were very hard to read, but if you had the time to actually study and absorb them, they were absolutely genius in design and content…sumbitch was the best poster ever…

He’s like one of the great master artists that will only be truly appreciated posthumously…

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
What did you guys think about the new rule change of the clock not stopping on a first down?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT