ADVERTISEMENT

You're right Insta, the defense is really good

Dan says that it was the offense that cost them the LSU game.

So, fire the entire incompetent coaching staff, and cancel the ships of all those bum players.
The AD needs to start over with a completely blank slate.
In fact, maybe the incompetent AD needs to go with the rest of the them.... :rolleyes:

So, fire the entire incompetent coaching staff, and cancel the ships of all those bum players.
In fact, maybe the incompetent AD needs to go with the rest of the them.... :rolleyes:

absolutely adorable.

I'm fine with just dumping Grantham.

I'd like to see what a Gator defense looks like that's lined up and ready to go when the play starts. You know, something new and different.

Reactions: GatorGray

No. Mullen is doing damage control before this season's end. Next week is an uphill struggle at best case all things considered. No reason for Mullen to go nuclear making things worse. Grantham has got to go. We've seen Mullen screaming at him on the sidelines recently already. Grantham sucks and runs an undisciplined pack of deer hounds that can't corner a buck in a high fence area.

No. Mullen is doing damage control before this season's end. Next week is an uphill struggle at best case all things considered. No reason for Mullen to go nuclear making things worse. Grantham has got to go. We've seen Mullen screaming at him on the sidelines recently already. Grantham sucks and runs an undisciplined pack of deer hounds that can't corner a buck in a high fence area.

IF Grantham is really so totally incompetent,,, then splain these facts to me Lucy(s).

Dan hired him at MsSt.
Dan rehired him when he took the UF job.
Dan got him a nice raise when the NFL came after Todd, to keep Todd at UF.
The AD has agreed with Dan and signed off with him on Todd every step of the way.
And looking at UF's defensive recruiting since Todd arrived, it seems that many top quality recruits don't agree with Todd's nay-sayers either.... :cool:

So logic says that if Todd is so terrible that he needs to be fired and replaced, then why keep the ones that hired him, then rehired him, then got him a nice raise in order to keep him, and continue to stand behind him??? 🤓

IF Grantham is really so totally incompetent,,, then splain these facts to me Lucy(s).

Dan hired him at MsSt.
Dan rehired him when he took the UF job.
Dan got him a nice raise when the NFL came after Todd, to keep Todd at UF.
The AD has agreed with Dan and signed off with him on Todd every step of the way.
And looking at UF's defensive recruiting since Todd arrived, it seems that many top quality recruits don't agree with Todd's nay-sayers either.... :cool:

So logic says that if Todd is so terrible that he needs to be fired and replaced, then why keep the ones that hired him, then rehired him, then got him a nice raise in order to keep him, and continue to stand behind him??? 🤓

Grantham has never been more than an average DC. We didn't invent "Third and Grantham" here, that's been around a long time. I think at Miss State, Dan was unable to bring in a top DC, his budget didn't allow it. The problem is, the two became friends, or Dan would have left him behind. And stop getting excited about Grantham's flirtation with the NFL. It would have put us in a bind to lose him at that point in time, too late to bring in a new DC and hire a new staff, would have had to promote from within and do the best we could. Dan got him a little raise to make it look like we really wanted him. Good for recruiting.

The problem now is that he's gotten worse. The game has moved on in the last couple of years, Grantham hasn't kept up. You saw what LSU did to us last year, Bama is going to do the same thing, and in future years more teams will as well.

He's confused on what to call, you can see it. That's why guys are late getting on the field, he's trying to figure out what the hell to call. He's confusing his players, and you can see it on the field. You see the DB's pointing at the receivers all the time? They are trying to figure out who is supposed to cover who.

I just don't understand how you can possibly watch our defense be unable to even get lined up properly before the ball is snapped and still think Grantham is a great DC. Or even a good DC.

I don't just think we should fire him, I think he should retire rather than ruin some other schools defense. That's how bad he's gotten. If all the DC's in D1 CFB were ranked, Grantham would be bottom 10.

Last edited:
Grantham has never been more than an average DC. We didn't invent "Third and Grantham" here, that's been around a long time. I think at Miss State, Dan was unable to bring in a top DC, his budget didn't allow it. The problem is, the two became friends, or Dan would have left him behind. And stop getting excited about Grantham's flirtation with the NFL. It would have put us in a bind to lose him at that point in time, too late to bring in a new DC and hire a new staff, would have had to promote from within and do the best we could. Dan got him a little raise to make it look like we really wanted him. Good for recruiting.

The problem now is that he's gotten worse. The game has moved on in the last couple of years, Grantham hasn't kept up. You saw what LSU did to us last year, Bama is going to do the same thing, and in future years more teams will as well.

He's confused on what to call, you can see it. That's why guys are late getting on the field, he's trying to figure out what the hell to call. He's confusing his players, and you can see it on the field. You see the DB's pointing at the receivers all the time? They are trying to figure out who is supposed to cover who.

I just don't understand how you can possibly watch our defense be unable to even get lined up properly before the ball is snapped and still think Grantham is a great DC. Or even a good DC.

I don't just think we should fire him, I think he should retire rather than ruin some other schools defense. That's how bad he's gotten. If all the DC's in D1 CFB were ranked, Grantham would be bottom 10.

Dan had Geoff Collins at Miss State, and then when Mac hired him, he called it a lateral move.

nobody else remember that?

Dan had Geoff Collins at Miss State, and then when Mac hired him, he called it a lateral move.

nobody else remember that?

In the sense of going from SEC assistant coach to SEC assistant coach, it was true. From the perspective of going from the cellar to an executive suite, not so much.

LG89.

Total agreement !

I liked Utah's Morgan Scalley until I came across this headline -

Utah suspends DC Morgan Scalley for texting racial slur in 2013 - Jun 5, 2020

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ds-dc-morgan-scalley-texting-racial-slur-2013

Resolution -
Utah DC Morgan Scalley retains job, but takes pay cut, after review of racial slur - Jul 1, 2020

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...-retains-job-takes-pay-cut-review-racial-slur

Place an ad on CraigsList ?

Last edited:
In the sense of going from SEC assistant coach to SEC assistant coach, it was true. From the perspective of going from the cellar to an executive suite, not so much.

that wasn't my point. It was talking about Danand Grantham at MSU. He hired him to replace Collins.

dda4ad7d.jpg

Todd Grantham

Jeffrey Todd Grantham is an American football coach who served as defensive coordinator at the University of Florida. He was hired on November 29, 2017.Wikipedia

Title:Former Defensive coordinator
Team:Florida
Conference:SEC

Using FireFox, I looked up Grantham's coaching record to see when he left UGA & when he went to Miss State.

Fell out when my browser called him the former DC at Florida !

Click the link; FireFox knows something we don't !

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=todd+grantham+coaching+career&ia=web

aren't all three kind of the same philosophy? Aren't they all pretty blitz heavy in general?
Yep. Pretty aggressive with lots of blitzing and bringing pressure.Based on Grantham’s history/resume he seems like a short timer. Good for a few years and then it starts to go the other way. I’m not a huge Grantham fan but I’m not exactly sure who would be a great replacement at this point. Just about everybody’s defense is getting beat up pretty bad this year.

Nice spew little Lizzy, but as usual, you failed to address the prime question:

What you posted is nothing more than your own 'armchair' opinions, not actual facts.
Those opinions are 'outsider whining' with none of the inside FACTS that Dan is working with, and has been working with for 4 consecutive seasons. :cool:

Notes:
Took over a 'cluster' 4-7 loser team and produced a Top 10 in the Nation defense his 1st year.
Repeated that Top 10 finish in his 2nd year, still with McLame's recruits.
In the 3rd year, (Red Chinese Kung Flu), no spring etc, and still with mostly McLame recruits, the defense has dropped off so badly that the Team has 2 losses by 3 pts each, in the final minute of both games. And oh BTW, both losses were at least partially caused by McLame recruits mistakes (1 Off and 1 Def) that have nothing to do with Grantham's system or coaching.
The Gator D is still either #1 or #2 in the SEC in both sacks and TFL,,, so just terrible and totally incompetent... :rolleyes:

And never let the facts or reality get in the way of a good whiny fan rant....

Nice spew little Lizzy, but as usual, you failed to address the prime question:

What you posted is nothing more than your own 'armchair' opinions, not actual facts.
Those opinions are 'outsider whining' with none of the inside FACTS that Dan is working with, and has been working with for 4 consecutive seasons. :cool:

Notes:
Took over a 'cluster' 4-7 loser team and produced a Top 10 in the Nation defense his 1st year.
Repeated that Top 10 finish in his 2nd year, still with McLame's recruits.
In the 3rd year, (Red Chinese Kung Flu), no spring etc, and still with mostly McLame recruits, the defense has dropped off so badly that the Team has 2 losses by 3 pts each, in the final minute of both games. And oh BTW, both losses were at least partially caused by McLame recruits mistakes (1 Off and 1 Def) that have nothing to do with Grantham's system or coaching.
The Gator D is still either #1 or #2 in the SEC in both sacks and TFL,,, so just terrible and totally incompetent... :rolleyes:

And never let the facts or reality get in the way of a good whiny fan rant....

You can't even call this a strawman argument.

It's a jackass argument.

Grantham needs to go. Feel free to join him.

You can't even call this a strawman argument.

It's a jackass argument.

Grantham needs to go. Feel free to join him.

he keeps acting like that's even a rational argument.

that's like saying you're the VP of operations at a corporation, and one of your district Managers made a Poor hire for a store manager.

well, we should probably fire the store manager, the DM, the Regional, and you, the VPO, because of that hire.

because that makes sense, right?

he keeps acting like that's even a rational argument.

that's like saying you're the VP of operations at a corporation, and one of your district Managers made a Poor hire for a store manager.

well, we should probably fire the store manager, the DM, the Regional, and you, the VPO, because of that hire.

because that makes sense, right?

A very apt comparison.

When looked at from that perspective, you might tell the Regional Manager to be involved in the interviews and approve the DM's next hire. But that would never occur to Insta, it's rational.

A very apt comparison.

When looked at from that perspective, you might tell the Regional Manager to be involved in the interviews and approve the DM's next hire. But that would never occur to Insta, it's rational.

It's especially odd because as soon as Grantham is gone, he'll have some dumb nickname for him and talk about how awful he is and gator bait.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
I hope we don't have a situation here like with the Franks QB situation before where for loyalty reasons or something Mullen might not want to make a change at DC but I haven't really paid attention to how Mullen dealt with assistants as a head coach at MSU and maybe he has no problem moving on even if the coach hasn't found another landing spot yet.

The noise will be pretty strong if Bama was to run all over this defense.

Reactions: gatordad3
Maybe Dan should hire little Lizzy and the dunnygoater to advise him on coaching hires, you know, to help him his dumbazz out from making coaching hire mistakes.... :rolleyes:

I hope we don't have a situation here like with the Franks QB situation before where for loyalty reasons or something Mullen might not want to make a change at DC but I haven't really paid attention to how Mullen dealt with assistants as a head coach at MSU and maybe he has no problem moving on even if the coach hasn't found another landing spot yet.

The noise will be pretty strong if Bama was to run all over this defense.

Obviously you don't understand the Franks situation.

Obviously you don't understand the Franks situation.

It appeared to be Mullen wanting to stick with the starter. It was injuries at Utah, MSU and UF for him to give the better less experienced QB the start finally though it did seem he was maybe getting close to going with Prescott before that QB got injured in a game before that. He was getting fed up with some of Franks stuff the season before but didn't go to Trask again until that injury the next season. I do admit Trask surprised me a lot as my thinking was put the young guy in there and give him experience.

Last edited:
After watching him Driskel for a couple of years.... I don't think I do either. There are a lot of us that don't. ????

When Mullen came in, he had a QB with a year's starting experience under his belt, and enough mobility to run the Mullen offense. Problem was, he was horrible under Butters. He also had a QB that couldn't run for a lick, so couldn't run the offense properly, had a decent arm, pretty smart, but hadn't started for about 6 years, barely played in all that time. Can a new coach take that big of a risk?

Let me ask you, in that situation, who would you go with?

Well, Mullen went with Franks, the safe choice, and, in a proper scheme, and with proper coaching, the kid jumped up from horrible to barely competent. Mullen hung with him until the debacle at Missouri, then he was going to switch to Trask. But Trask injured his ankle and was out for the rest of the season. The only option then was Franks, who then proceeded to win out.

In the offseason, Trask was hurt, and Franks continued to, well, I won't say PROGRESS, but didn't get any worse. The problem for Mullen was Franks was on a winning streak, and had played fairly well. Remember he was the QB that led us to the romp over Michigan. Tough to make a switch in that situation. So he rode Franks until he got injured, which, and I feel terrible saying this, was a big break for the team. Instead of having a QB controversy, and possibly facing a divided locker room, Franks became the fallen hero, and Trask, the plucky backup everybody rallied behind. (I really believe Mullen was about to pull the plug on Franks when he got hurt. It was obvious he was lost out there vs Kentucky.)

Of course, when it became obvious that Trask was far better than Franks, Franks saw the handwriting on the wall and transferred.

When Mullen came in, he had a QB with a year's starting experience under his belt, and enough mobility to run the Mullen offense. Problem was, he was horrible under Butters. He also had a QB that couldn't run for a lick, so couldn't run the offense properly, had a decent arm, pretty smart, but hadn't started for about 6 years, barely played in all that time. Can a new coach take that big of a risk?

Let me ask you, in that situation, who would you go with?

Well, Mullen went with Franks, the safe choice, and, in a proper scheme, and with proper coaching, the kid jumped up from horrible to barely competent. Mullen hung with him until the debacle at Missouri, then he was going to switch to Trask. But Trask injured his ankle and was out for the rest of the season. The only option then was Franks, who then proceeded to win out.

In the offseason, Trask was hurt, and Franks continued to, well, I won't say PROGRESS, but didn't get any worse. The problem for Mullen was Franks was on a winning streak, and had played fairly well. Remember he was the QB that led us to the romp over Michigan. Tough to make a switch in that situation. So he rode Franks until he got injured, which, and I feel terrible saying this, was a big break for the team. Instead of having a QB controversy, and possibly facing a divided locker room, Franks became the fallen hero, and Trask, the plucky backup everybody rallied behind. (I really believe Mullen was about to pull the plug on Franks when he got hurt. It was obvious he was lost out there vs Kentucky.)

Of course, when it became obvious that Trask was far better than Franks, Franks saw the handwriting on the wall and transferred.
That is it in a nutshell. Very well said.

Yep, and what do those 2 dumb-azz HC's (DM & NS) know about the UF DC anyway.
Do you really think that they pay those 2 guys for what they know about coaching??? :rolleyes:

Some article from 2012 by a media-moron is what we should be going by,,, every time. 🤣

And that brain injury that Todd suffered last summer, making him forget everything that he ever knew about defense (Top 10 D in 2018-19) is the problem I guess. Hell, any fool off the street could have come in and taken over a cluster 4-7 teams D and put them in the Top 10 D's in the nation. ;)

PS
Todd is the ONLY defensive coach (DC/DL). He coaches ever single position so anything that happens on the D is because he doesn't know chit about coaching defense.... :cool:
And since he personally recruited every player on the current team, it's obviously his fault when they don't perform, or when they do something stupid to screw the pooch.

Thanks so much straightening me out by giving me your own totally unbiased, and full 'insider' knowledge on Todd's coaching abilities. Being totally blind makes it tough on me to get any of the calls correct....
😇

Yep, and what do those 2 dumb-azz HC's (DM & NS) know about the UF DC anyway.
Do you really think that they pay those 2 guys for what they know about coaching??? :rolleyes:

Some article from 2012 by a media-moron is what we should be going by,,, every time. 🤣

And that brain injury that Todd suffered last summer, making him forget everything that he ever knew about defense (Top 10 D in 2018-19) is the problem I guess. Hell, any fool off the street could have come in and taken over a cluster 4-7 teams D and put them in the Top 10 D's in the nation. ;)

PS
Todd is the ONLY defensive coach (DC/DL). He coaches ever single position so anything that happens on the D is because he doesn't know chit about coaching defense.... :cool:
And since he personally recruited every player on the current team, it's obviously his fault when they don't perform, or when they do something stupid to screw the pooch.

Thanks so much straightening me out by giving me your own totally unbiased, and full 'insider' knowledge on Todd's coaching abilities. Being totally blind makes it tough on me to get any of the calls correct....
😇

lord I can't wait for you to turn on him the moment he's no longer part of theprogram and pretend that you always thought he sucked,

Turd Grab-Thumb.

that sounds like a name you'd come up with.

This article was from FOUR years ago:
EpGTmsjW8AMdm3j

EpGTmsjW8AEYlKw

EpGTmsqXMAMK0cV

EpGTmszW4AAHssc
Louisville fan here and long time Gators FB fan since the Pell days had a relative on that team. Man Grantham is such a liability we here at Louisville even couldn't stand his defense the Ga fan's warned us and we witnessed first hand the 3rd and Grantham . Petrino also tore into his butt due too him costing us games. He came on the scene here and excelled in the beginning using Charlie Stongs players once they departed he was exposed. And if he was that great of a coordinator he should have really thrived at Louisville considering we don't play the same teams he goes against in the SEC. He was a bust even at our school and we don't have near the expectations as a school like Florida.

Bottom line he is not the elite DC he was at one time he really doesn't adjust or know's how too now . He is just not good enough to be a difference maker anymore. Especially without very elite play makers on defense. As i stated i'm also a big Gators FB fan and i knew his defense would cost this team big this year after the way it began . I kept saying their would be a game like LSU were the offense would sputter and we would need too count on the defense and the end result was what i expected. I'm just sick too my stomach still because the Gators just threw all this good offensive work out the window for nothing. And Mullens needs to be held accoutnable if he doesn't address Grantham's future after tonite .

Louisville fan here and long time Gators FB fan since the Pell days had a relative on that team. Man Grantham is such a liability we here at Louisville even couldn't stand his defense the Ga fan's warned us and we witnessed first hand the 3rd and Grantham . Petrino also tore into his butt due too him costing us games. He came on the scene here and excelled in the beginning using Charlie Stongs players once they departed he was exposed. And if he was that great of a coordinator he should have really thrived at Louisville considering we don't play the same teams he goes against in the SEC. He was a bust even at our school and we don't have near the expectations as a school like Florida.

Bottom line he is not the elite DC he was at one time he really doesn't adjust or know's how too now . He is just not good enough to be a difference maker anymore. Especially without very elite play makers on defense. As i stated i'm also a big Gators FB fan and i knew his defense would cost this team big this year after the way it began . I kept saying their would be a game like LSU were the offense would sputter and we would need too count on the defense and the end result was what i expected. I'm just sick too my stomach still because the Gators just threw all this good offensive work out the window for nothing. And Mullens needs to be held accoutnable if he doesn't address Grantham's future after tonite .

Grantham's history as a DC is many times getting a good overall defense in the rankings at the end of the year but usually imploding in about 3 games. Losing the D linemen we did from last season has really been a blow to this defense also.

Grantham's history as a DC is many times getting a good overall defense in the rankings at the end of the year but usually imploding in about 3 games. Losing the D linemen we did from last season has really been a blow to this defense also.
Yes they lost some significant talent however that has nothing to do with his defensive unit as a whole. Looking lost not aligned properly calls coming in late with players out of position and most of that is for lack of discipline. It looks like the defense is being coached by a first time coordinator who was just promoted from GA status at times.

I won't bother to again list the 28 wins the team has against UT Martin in the last 2.5 years... :rolleyes:

Natl Champ 15-0 LSU, with the Heisman QB, only beat UF by 14 Pts, at night in Death Valley.
12-2 Playoff team UGly beat UF by 7 Pts, and only scored 24 Pts in the game.
In both of those games, the SEC Officials made ZERO OL holding calls on LSU and UGly. Do you think that might have put a crimp in UF's SEC sack leaders D?
UT Martin my azzz.... 😏
-----

Florida head coach Dan Mullen wants that to change. Defensive coordinator Todd Grantham says they are doing more. Mullen says it’s important to get more players on the field and to do it early in games.

You see it all the time with the Florida Gators offense. There are three different running backs that rotate for one position. There are at least two at every receiver position that rotate during the game. They now have three tight ends that have played a lot of football. Maybe not so much on the offensive line where continuity is such a huge deal, but talented players see the field on offense and get playing time early. Defensively, it seems that the rotations are usually few and far between unless there is someone missing from the contest for one reason or another. (that last is BS by the article writer pushing a narrative)
-----

Facts:
There are 20 players on the defense that have played in all 7 games.
There are 11 more players on defense that have played in 5-6 games.
There are 38 defensive players with appearance game time,
(mop-up & future)

For the rest of the story....

==========

Yep, Grantham is a total loser and he's an idiot when it comes to coaching defense,,, it's just so obvious. :rolleyes:

However, dumb Dan has hired him to be his DC at 2 different SEC schools.
Dan could have easily dumped him upon leaving MsSt for UF, but he didn't.
Post 2019, several college and Pro teams made offers to Todd, a perfect chance for Dan to usher Todd out. :cool:

From Grantham's 'Official' UF Bio -- "Restoring the tradition of defensive excellence at the University of Florida, Todd Grantham’s impact in his first two seasons as UF’s Defensive Coordinator has been immense. In 2019, Florida finished 7th nationally in scoring defense (15.5 points) and has been one of the best teams in the nation at keeping its opponents out of the end zone, completing three shutouts in a season for the first time since 1988. (the bio writer is obviously a lying tool that really agrees with ooozzzz, among others).

And oh BTW, Dan recently got Todd a nice fat raise to reward him for this totally ignorant incompetence.... :rolleyes:o_O:rolleyes::eek::cool:;)

Yea Dan was chewing his ass out because he’s great. UF is averaging almost 40 points a game in their 3 losses this year but his garbage defense couldn’t stop you from scoring. You know nothing about nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT