ADVERTISEMENT

You look marvelous!!!!!

That will be quite a contrast with Michigan's all maze. Color city. I like the all blue, but would prefer an orange helmet.

Reactions: HardeeWildcatFan
I don't mind the white helmet, seems the recruits like it the most... But i like our orange helmets

Reactions: phxpanther
He has literally been negative about every possible aspect of this game.

Not really. I think we find a way to win this game somehow. I think our DEs are going to give them fits if we keep the down and distance decent and don't let them start running on us a lot. I just think it may not be the wisest move starting Franks against them in his 1st game and we may have issues running the ball on them.

Not really. I think we find a way to win this game somehow. I think our DEs are going to give them fits if we keep the down and distance decent and don't let them start running on us a lot. I just think it may not be the wisest move starting Franks against them in his 1st game and we may have issues running the ball on them.
I was somewhat iffy about not letting Franks start as well but it's honestly like this...I don't think we will go from a 100+ ranked offense to a playoff team. We can go from a 100+ offense to a top 50 ranked offense. By the year 2018 is the year we could be a playoff team. So, start Franks (if he won the battle) and let's see what he can do. If we win, great. If we lose...ok we lost. Every QB in the history of Gator football has taken a loss, the good ones did and the not so good ones. It's how you rebound from the loss is what sets you apart.

I mean if he is our possible future, heck play him now. Why not? If we are worried about a loss, this loss to a ranked team at a neutral site won't keep you out of the playoffs and especially won't keep you out of the SECCG.

Reactions: sadgator
I was somewhat iffy about not letting Franks start as well but it's honestly like this...I don't think we will go from a 100+ ranked offense to a playoff team. We can go from a 100+ offense to a top 50 ranked offense. By the year 2018 is the year we could be a playoff team. So, start Franks (if he won the battle) and let's see what he can do. If we win, great. If we lose...ok we lost. Every QB in the history of Gator football has taken a loss, the good ones did and the not so good ones. It's how you rebound from the loss is what sets you apart.

I mean if he is our possible future, heck play him now. Why not? If we are worried about a loss, this loss to a ranked team at a neutral site won't keep you out of the playoffs and especially won't keep you out of the SECCG.

I still say you start the guy that gives you the best chance to win that game. We have a nice N Colorado team to take an initial look at Franks. Worst case scenario Franks gets tore up in there early and Mac doesn't make a move because of not wanting to hurt his confidence or something. The best move I think is to start Zaire and let Franks come in if Zaire is getting tore up. Imo with the state of our program we don't need to be using a game like this hoping it will make someone better. Now having said that if Franks gets the start I hope he shows he is the real deal as most high profile redshirt freshman have done in recent years if they turned out to be good over the long haul.

Everybody isn't equal. Why did many of you just assume Zaire was going to come right in and start this game? It makes no sense to me.

Everybody isn't equal. Why did many of you just assume Zaire was going to come right in and start this game? It makes no sense to me.

Maybe because Mac purposely put Franks against 3rd stringers and walk-on DBs on most of his passes in the spring game? He also threw a walk on D lineman in there most of the time when Franks was in there. And we know how limited LDR appears to be.

You keep sayin' he's not gonna (or shouldn't) start? Why is that? It honestly doesn't sound like anybody is any better or worse than anyone else. Why not start a guy who has at least been in the spotlight for initial stability in the game if nothing else?

There is absolutely nothing that has occurred over the course of the past two years that demonstrates in any way.that Mac has the balls to hand the offense over to an inexperienced player. He loves using retreads. At this point it is not an anomaly, it is his established M.O. And if you are going to use a retread, rather than developing a young player yourself, it makes perfect sense that that guy is going to be Zaire and not Del Rio. If Franks gets in this game prior to the 4th quarter, or at all, sadgator will literally be shocked.

If we're worried about experience or being in the spotlight then Zaire still isn't the guy. He's started 4 games spread out over 3 years. The last time he started was 2 years ago. So if y'all want experience what you're saying is you want Del Rio.

If we're worried about experience or being in the spotlight then Zaire still isn't the guy. He's started 4 games spread out over 3 years. The last time he started was 2 years ago. So if y'all want experience what you're saying is you want Del Rio.

I think we saw enough of LDR to not want that experience. At least with Zaire we can dream it may not be a disaster even if we are crazy thinking that.

So you want the coaching staff to start a transfer that doesn't know the offense and has just been here for just a few months?? You want to start a kid that so far through fall camp has been behind both Franks and LDR in his passing ability and has been erratic?? In addition to that he doesn't even have that much experience.

Too many people on this board overhyped Zaire and said he was promised the starting job and I have absolutely no idea why anybody would say something like that. That just isn't logical thinking at all considering the circumstances.

I often wonder if any of you have ever played competitive sports. You can't just promise guys starting spots at this level.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT