ADVERTISEMENT

Yahoo is limiting the number of posts PER DAY on the Soundoff board

GordonGecko

Ring of Honor
Mar 29, 2002
...they are trying to force subscriptions. Those with subscriptions are not limited on the number of posts to the free board.

This is clearly a pathetic attempt to drive revenue. I hope Melissa Mayer didn't come up with this stupid plan.

Don't be surprised AT ALL if it happens here...just a warning.

They are not disclosing what the "MAGIC NUMBER" of posts per day limit is, but it's not much at all....like 10 or something.

That will be a BLAST on gameday, huh?

Who cares. Stupid people run good things into the ground all the time. If this happens it will be no different. Yahoo is a dying brand.

Who cares. Stupid people run good things into the ground all the time. If this happens it will be no different. Yahoo is a dying brand.

I care because I enjoy the posters on this board and I especially like posting on Gameday.

So to answer your question, I care.

Reactions: GatorNation79
People are stupid man. They'll kill the rivals network and some other message board will pop up to take its place, it always happens that way.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Every business has a business model. Some models succeed and some models fail. Creative destruction and all that. Given that limiting posts on free boards is not an industry standard, I do not see how that will work. People will just go elsewhere.

Yep! Who would pay to post? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Pay for inside stories, videos, etc.? Sure. But nobody is paying to post when there are so many different boards out there. They'd just put themselves out of business.

Yahoo changed their message board format for the "conversations" page about individual stocks in their finance section too. They lost a lot of their user base due to this.

Yahoo changed their message board format for the "conversations" page about individual stocks in their finance section too. They lost a lot of their user base due to this.

they sure are good at getting hacked and giving away all our personal information, though

...they are trying to force subscriptions. Those with subscriptions are not limited on the number of posts to the free board.

This is clearly a pathetic attempt to drive revenue. I hope Melissa Mayer didn't come up with this stupid plan.

Don't be surprised AT ALL if it happens here...just a warning.

They are not disclosing what the "MAGIC NUMBER" of posts per day limit is, but it's not much at all....like 10 or something.

That will be a BLAST on gameday, huh?

We've been assured this is simply due to Yahoo/Rivals 'engineers' having extensive difficulties trying to configure a spam filter. :rolleyes:

They seem determined to kill off the Soundoff board which is stupid since it can't cost hardly anything to run. Just add a few banner ads.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT