ADVERTISEMENT

Will LDR be the QB going forward?

Does Mac cry after everybody win? Rhetorical question. Mac wants any excuse to play him he’s the starter for good now.

Reactions: g8rbass94
Mac wants that NFL job after this....not HC - but ANY job in the nfl....sucking up to daddy helps him in that cause

Reactions: TNGatorBrad
Mac just set the program back another year with his decision to pull Franks yesterday. How can Franks ever learn if he's not even allowed to work his way through a bad game.

I'd admit that Franks is struggling with reading his progressions and seems to be locking in on one receiver, but allowing him to navigate through that should be a point of emphasis for the future. I thought LDR would never see the field again and boy was I way off on that one! smfh

LDR threw a pick early on but came back and played well.When the score went to 27-14 I thought the streak was over. I credit the coaches and players for finding a way to win. LDR was a part of the comeback and deserves credit. If the Gators lost I am sure there are many ready to pile on. Enjoy the victory 2-1 is so much better than 1-2. Go Gators

I don't disagree that LDR looked poised and should get credited with making a couple plays down the stretch. My only concern is that just like the Michigan game, Franks gets pulled whenever he isn't playing perfect football. How can he ever relax and grow into the position if he's paranoid that any mistake he makes means a benching.

LDR threw his typical interception right out the gate, but was sent back out like nothing ever happened. LDR is a career journeyman with no skins on the wall...yet he gets treated like royalty from Mac. Franks is starting his 3rd ever game as a freshman and it seems like he's expected to look like a 3 time All-American. imo

He played fvcking awesome after the pick...who in the hell in here is not rooting for this kid to succeed?!?!?!?!?

Whoever that is ought to be ashamed of themselves

We are trying to build a team and putting pieces together. This is SO much different than what happened with Mus. It just is. sadgator is flat out dumbfounded by all the hate in here right now.

Enjoy every minute guys...you're seriously ruining it for yourselves if you aren't savoring the wins right now!

I don't disagree that LDR looked poised and should get credited with making a couple plays down the stretch. My only concern is that just like the Michigan game, Franks gets pulled whenever he isn't playing perfect football. How can he ever relax and grow into the position if he's paranoid that any mistake he makes means a benching.

LDR threw his typical interception right out the gate, but was sent back out like nothing ever happened. LDR is a career journeyman with no skins on the wall...yet he gets treated like royalty from Mac. Franks is starting his 3rd ever game as a freshman and it seems like he's expected to look like a 3 time All-American. imo
So basically you are saying, let's not use roster depth...let's stick with this one guy and lose... because his confidence needs it?

Reactions: sadgator
If you have a running back that is struggling...you put in another running back.

It's why we recruit. To add depth.

I hate the argument of QB and confidence.

If a QB is struggling, put another one in.

Spurrier did it. It worked. To hell with all this confidence needs to be coodled bullshit.

It's not about being coddled. QB's need to be developed. The whole LDR situation just represents what has been an issue with this staff from Day 1...they want a quick fix. In 2015 we heard from all the insiders they tried to get the waver to play LDR immediately rather than develop Grier or Harris. Fast forward to 2016 and they again choose to go for what they think is an easy fix with LDR and then a transfer in Appleby. And then in 2017 they again go the transfer route with Zaire and lose the Michigan game partly because of that. They keep doing the same dumb shit over and over hoping to find lighting in a bottle.

It just highlights that they don't know what they're doing. QB's don't just show up on campus ready to ball (rarely) and they refuse to invest any time into actually developing the position, which would explain why the offense still hasn't improved after 3 years. Beyond that, there's a glaring double standard in the way they judge QB's. LDR comes in and his first pass is a duck off his back foot, two plays later he throws another ball late off his back foot and gets a horrible interception. Yet they threw him back out there to keep playing. Franks doesn't make mistakes anywhere near that bad but gets benched? It's just become stupid at this point.

I think Franks isn't seeing things on defense or something the coaches expect him to see but then again I think Franks isn't the brightest QB out there and has some Driskel in him and all these sub 5 yard passes through the air have been hiding that some.

"So basically you are saying, let's not use roster depth...let's stick with this one guy and lose... because his confidence needs it?"

I had a reply until I read Oozie's response which basically rendered my retort moot. It's not about coddling, it's about developing for the betterment of the program. imho

"So basically you are saying, let's not use roster depth...let's stick with this one guy and lose... because his confidence needs it?"

I had a reply until I read Oozie's response which basically rendered my retort moot. It's not about coddling, it's about developing for the betterment of the program. imho

I understand development....but Spurs used the bullpen in the early years of both Wuerfferl and Grossman. Development can happen on the sidelines from time to time.

Wuerfferl and Rex turned out fine.

Mac said in the post conference "We will war h film and make a decision" .

Like I said at the start of the season, I don’t care if UF wins or loses but do it with ONE QB. Let him develop so I hope Franks keeps the job.

The ceiling on this team is a lot lower with LDR in the game. Franks is by far the more athletic. LDR is a bit calmer and reads the defense better. If only he would not stare down receivers.

He played fvcking awesome after the pick...who in the hell in here is not rooting for this kid to succeed?!?!?!?!?

Whoever that is ought to be ashamed of themselves

We are trying to build a team and putting pieces together. This is SO much different than what happened with Mus. It just is. sadgator is flat out dumbfounded by all the hate in here right now.

Enjoy every minute guys...you're seriously ruining it for yourselves if you aren't savoring the wins right now!
The offense came to life once LDR replaced Franks. Watching Franks control the offense was like watching a teen drive a stick shift for the first time. The games coming up in the future are important. LDR is the best we have available and he should be the starting quarterback until someone truly better comes along.

I dislike Mac and loathe Del Rio, but Mac's trying to win the East and should play the qb who gives us the best chance to win. Sadly, that appears to be Del Rio right now. Franks is way more talented, and if we fall out of the Division race, I could see playing for next year.

Mac wants that NFL job after this....not HC - but ANY job in the nfl....sucking up to daddy helps him in that cause
Not bad,,, but you're a full year behind me in that speculation... ;)

Mac just set the program back another year with his decision to pull Franks yesterday. How can Franks ever learn if he's not even allowed to work his way through a bad game. I'd admit that Franks is struggling with reading his progressions and seems to be locking in on one receiver,
Franks is still a no read 'deer in the headlights' after 2 years of coddling and being propped up because of the flip deal... JMOHO of course... :cool:

I don't disagree that LDR looked poised and should get credited with making a couple plays down the stretch. LDR threw his typical interception right out the gate, but was sent back out like nothing ever happened. LDR is a career journeyman with no skins on the wall...yet he gets treated like royalty from Mac.

M.Davis and K.Toney are what inspired and brought back the team imo, not LDR.

But don't anyone dare pick on LDR or Franks, or even on totally incompetent Zaire, but it's just fine to ignore and/or chit on untried Trask and Allen all you like... :rolleyes:

How can you "loathe" a kid giving his all for your team? No offense, but that is so odd to say.

Take a walk outside today and try to find soMe perspective on what just occurred..
In defense of brad, LDR's comment make it hard to really like the kid.

How can you "loathe" a kid giving his all for your team? No offense, but that is so odd to say.

Take a walk outside today and try to find soMe perspective on what just occurred..

Because the ONLY thing you evaluate is the W-L record. Nothing more.

It's not about being coddled. QB's need to be developed. The whole LDR situation just represents what has been an issue with this staff from Day 1...they want a quick fix. In 2015 we heard from all the insiders they tried to get the waver to play LDR immediately rather than develop Grier or Harris. Fast forward to 2016 and they again choose to go for what they think is an easy fix with LDR and then a transfer in Appleby. And then in 2017 they again go the transfer route with Zaire and lose the Michigan game partly because of that. They keep doing the same dumb shit over and over hoping to find lighting in a bottle.

It just highlights that they don't know what they're doing. QB's don't just show up on campus ready to ball (rarely) and they refuse to invest any time into actually developing the position, which would explain why the offense still hasn't improved after 3 years. Beyond that, there's a glaring double standard in the way they judge QB's. LDR comes in and his first pass is a duck off his back foot, two plays later he throws another ball late off his back foot and gets a horrible interception. Yet they threw him back out there to keep playing. Franks doesn't make mistakes anywhere near that bad but gets benched? It's just become stupid at this point.

As much as I want Franks to "be the guy", because of his upside and higher ceiling, not to mention continuity going forward this season and beyond, but what he was doing wasn't working Saturday night.

I'm not a fan of Del Rio but he sparked us to an improbable comeback win. I thought it was over when into the 4th quarter we were trailing by 13 it was looking grim. Franks can learn things from the sideline like Del Rio's perceived leadership and confidence and game managing UF back into the game which allowed the running game to succeed and move the chains. Del Rio also got the ball out quick on passing plays, something Franks should try to imitate. Franks bails out of the pocket too quickly and runs right into the teeth of trouble instead of stepping up in the pocket and throwing it away
if the play is dead. If he's not that guy then design it to roll him out.

I'm hoping Franks will continue to start but only given so much rope before being relieved. That will either bring out his competitive nature (if it exists) or expose the fact that he won't be the guy this year. Player development with tough love. These guys are football players, not golfers with fragile psyches.

I’m just curious what is the point of winning the SECE if you can’t compete in the SECCG? When has the standard changed that the SECE makes you king of the crop?

As much as I want Franks to "be the guy", because of his upside and higher ceiling, not to mention continuity going forward this season and beyond, but what he was doing wasn't working Saturday night.

I'm not a fan of Del Rio but he sparked us to an improbable comeback win. I thought it was over when into the 4th quarter we were trailing by 13 it was looking grim. Franks can learn things from the sideline like Del Rio's perceived leadership and confidence and game managing UF back into the game which allowed the running game to succeed and move the chains. Del Rio also got the ball out quick on passing plays, something Franks should try to imitate. Franks bails out of the pocket too quickly and runs right into the teeth of trouble instead of stepping up in the pocket and throwing it away
if the play is dead. If he's not that guy then design it to roll him out.

I'm hoping Franks will continue to start but only given so much rope before being relieved. That will either bring out his competitive nature (if it exists) or expose the fact that he won't be the guy this year. Player development with tough love. These guys are football players, not golfers with fragile psyches.

This...Navi said what I was intending to say.

If the QB can't handle being pulled from time to time...he is not cut out to be a Florida Gator QB.

Danny Wuerfferl could handle it. Rex could handle it. Jesse Palmer could handle it. Even senior leader Chris Leak was pulled for certain plays to get the ever great athletic Tim Tebow on the field. Those guys didn't sulk.

Luke Del Rio is my no means anywhere in the league of a the any of the mentioned players. But thankfully having him on the roster kept the streak alive against UK.

Franks can do one of two things. Have his confidence take a blow because someone with a little more composure went in, or he can stand on the sidelines and learn. That's up to him.

One set of our fan base wants to see Franks cut his teeth and take every snap...some want to see if the players on scholarship can actually do something in game situations.

I just want to win no matter who plays.

I'm honestly hoping somebody can hold the rope for this season and maybe next and this recruit stays committed and can become the star he has the potential to be.

Reactions: ocalaman
Franks was laughing and cutting up on the sideline after he got pulled.

Kid looked pretty thrilled to not be playing.

And this “winning the SECE doesn’t mean anything is garbage.

It is, unequivocally, better than NOT winning the division.

Calm yourselves.

Franks was laughing and cutting up on the sideline after he got pulled.

Kid looked pretty thrilled to not be playing.

And this “winning the SECE doesn’t mean anything is garbage.

It is, unequivocally, better than NOT winning the division.

Calm yourselves.
Like I said, no team will ever win or even be highly competitive in the SECCG without winning their division. Step one before step two.

I feel like I watch a different game from people on this board weekly. How did LDR spark the offense exactly? All the big plays were generated by Toney and Davis with a sprinkling of Powell. The only turnover from the QB position came from him and he should have had two more. We didn’t do a damn thing different except line up and run the ball and UK was powerless to stop it. LDR was along for the ride the dude sucks. Idk what y’all watched.

"Kid looked pretty thrilled to not be playing."

Unbelievably unfair statement! Young man stays upbeat doesn't sulk and shows he's a team first guy after being benched, and you insinuate he was glad to be pulled! I mean geez..

Reactions: EvilWayz
I told my better half that they needed to pull 'deer in the headlights' Franks.
On the very next series, surprise-surprise, they did just that. :cool:

Then LDR threw a poor pass that Powell made an incredible catch on.
And then LDR went 'par for the course' by chunking yet another Int into double-triple coverage.

I then told my better half that the Gators needed to somehow score a TD, and then get a defensive TD while holding kensucky scoreless.
That happened too, I just didn't realize that it would be the mildcat defense that would score the 2nd TD for the Gators by leaving Swain totally undefended. But hey, that's close enough for me, and they got the 1 Pt win. Yeee-hawww,,, sorta.... :confused:

"Kid looked pretty thrilled to not be playing."

Unbelievably unfair statement! Young man stays upbeat doesn't sulk and shows he's a team first guy after being benched, and you insinuate he was glad to be pulled! I mean geez..

He was laughing and smiling the whole time after getting pulled.

Chill the **** out.

"He was laughing and smiling the whole time after getting pulled."

Exactly. I'm sure he's self aware enough to realize that the cameras would be fixated on him the entire time that LDR was on the field. Commentators even remarked that his attitude showed maturity. Obviously nobody is happy to get benched, but displaying the proper attitude goes a long way in the locker room.

Sober the **** up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT