ADVERTISEMENT

Why an ole miss playoff run shouldn’t matter

LordGator66

Rowdy Reptile
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2021
Ole Miss has 30 seniors and 8 draft eligible players in their two deep. Only 4 underclassman. Why does this matter? Well the obvious, ole miss is a “window” program. They build up 3-4 years for a run at a playoff spot/championship. So Ole Miss with or without Lane will take a big step back next year.

But the more important angle imo, those 30 seniors and multiple upperclassmen going to the NFL do not give 1 single crap where Lane is coaching next year. The only ones it would effect are the few underclassman in their two deep and if the love is strong enough, Lane can bring them over.

Point being, I think we could easily announce Lane before the playoffs. Players going to the NFL, Lane going to dream job. Let’s go win a championship before we all depart. Similar situation to Billy coaching the sun belt championship, obviously a bigger scale. Considering how unique this circumstance is, I don’t think timing would prevent us or Lane from getting this done. And that’s about the only objection people have as to why Lane won’t come. In fact, I’d argue it’s a perfect send off tour.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.