ADVERTISEMENT

NM

Just watched every offensive play of the Wisconsin @ Nebraska game where Mertz didn't have good stats. That was painful to watch as that offense was playing in a box as bad or worse than some of the old Muschamp games here. They didn't care how many defenders Nebraska had near the line and were committed to 3 yards and a cloud of dust. He had a terrible pick and a couple of decent longer throws late in the game when they came back to win after trailing 14-3 in the 4th. Most of the time everything was within a few yards of the line of scrimmage though when they weren't running the ball. I guess we better hope he can generate some offense if playing in an offense which at least allows more longer passes.

What I have trouble understanding is why this kid is not more accepted for his on the field stat results that resulted in a 24-0 regular season in just 2 years playing QB. And I've yet to see what anyone can detail as his faults or draw-backs as a true dual threat QB.

He can stand in the pocket and make throws, or he can escape pressure and still make good throws on the roll outs at a 71% completion rate (41 TD's to 4 Ints). Plus he'd be a 5 star as a RB with 7.8 ypc and 1,334 yds with zero LPF's his Sr season.

If he can't win the starting job as a rsFr with Napier, then imoho, he needs to GTF out of here and go play for someone else.... Both Miler and Mertz are time wasters and not the answer at QB for the Gators.

Reactions: seffnergator
What I have trouble understanding is why this kid is not more accepted for his on the field stat results that resulted in a 24-0 regular season in just 2 years playing QB. And I've yet to see what anyone can detail as his faults or draw-backs as a true dual threat QB.

He can stand in the pocket and make throws, or he can escape pressure and still make good throws on the roll outs at a 71% completion rate (41 TD's to 4 Ints). Plus he'd be a 5 star as a RB with 7.8 ypc and 1,334 yds with zero LPF's his Sr season.

If he can't win the starting job as a rsFr with Napier, then imoho, he needs to GTF out of here and go play for someone else.... Both Miler and Mertz are time wasters and not the answer at QB for the Gators.

Hard to say but Napier just went to the "he has a lot to learn still' line when asked about him a few times. Being that he has been here a year in Napier's system you would think if he showed more than Rashada in the spring he would be in front of him in the depth chart. Same with PWO Engel and Miller. If it is close though I think Napier has Rashada in front of him for sure at the end of spring practice.

We might not have the right transfer QBs but 5 of our 7 losses this season were to teams that had QBs they didn't sign out of high school. The 2 SEC division winners had transfer QBs also.

At one point 7 of the 14 SEC starting QBs were transfers in 2022.

He hasn't transferred yet which is a good sign. Must mean he believes he has a chance to compete for the starting job, at least thru spring. Hope we get a look at him in OB game. I believe, although I have no evidence to back this up, that he and Rashada will battle for the starting job...I suspect someone will hit the portal after the spring.

I watched his hudl highlight and here is what I see. Max is a good high school QB with a big offensive line and most of the defensive lines he went up against are short FAT kids. Maybe he will get a shot next year and I will be the first one to say HOT DAMN if he is lightning in a bottle.

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
Yep Tittie-T, all of his competition all year long was short, fat, and slow, at least according to your own rock solid evaluations...

And that's why he was running for his life out of the pocket so often....

😂 🤣 😂

Yep Tittie-T, all of his competition all year long was short, fat, and slow, at least according to your own rock solid evaluations...

And that's why he was running for his life out of the pocket so often....

😂 🤣 😂
Yep Agra-Vader they were short and fat but did NOT say slow. So if he was running for his life against those kids then what's it gonna be like in the SEC? Hopefully Billy can catch lightning in a bottle with ole Maxine.

• Haha
Yep Agra-Vader they were short and fat but did NOT say slow. So if he was running for his life against those kids then what's it gonna be like in the SEC? Hopefully Billy can catch lightning in a bottle with ole Maxine.
Behind the Gator's 2023 OL, that might have been exactly the kind of experience that he needed to get ready for what's coming.... 🤓

Reactions: TEBOW TIME
So in your own long experience, the short fat kids are FAST, not slow???? 🙄

Sorry, but you definitely inferred that they were slow (and/or weak competition), even if you left that out.... 🤓 (which was BS btw)

And hey, since we're here on the QB subject, why don't you Brown detractors give me your estimate of the competition levels that Rashada had, and Legway will, be playing against, for a fair comparison. Nothing but 5-stars on the teams they're playing I'm guessing???
😎

Last edited:
Failed Wis. Transfer Mertz and Failed tOSU Transfer Miller, are now set to compete for the Gator's 2023 starting QB job. (IMOHO, two wrongs still don't make a right)
Way-to-go McNapier,,,
with the same QB xfer-in end results likely it seems to me.
If he could only get 6 wins with a Heisman hopeful at QB in 2022, what's the outlook for 2023 with either Mertz or Miller???

Because if they weren't good enough for Big Ten competition, then that should make them a 'sure thing' against SEC defenses. And they both had stand out 2022 bowl performances... 🙄

BTW, Wis. beat Oklahoma State 24-17 in the Guaranteed Rate Bowl on Tuesday night with the backup QB instead of Mertz...

In 3-4 years, maybe they will have coached Brown-Rashada-Leise up, long enough and well enough to play, unless of course some other Failed Big Ten QB needs a lush warm place to hang out at and wants to transfer in, in front of them. And that's before maybe even adding in 3X Sun Belt PoY xfer QB MaCall.... (dripping sarcasm)

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...s-officially-welcome-transfer-qb-graham-mertz

Last edited:
Failed Wis. Transfer Mertz and Failed tOSU Transfer Miller, are now set to compete for the Gator's 2023 starting QB job. (IMOHO, two wrongs still don't make a right)
Way-to-go McNapier,,,
with the same QB xfer-in end results likely it seems to me.
He if could only get 6 wins with a Heisman hopeful at QB in 2022, what's the outlook for 2023 with either Mertz or Miller???

Because if they weren't good enough for Big Ten competition, then that should make them a 'sure thing' against SEC defenses. And they both had stand out 2022 bowl performances... 🙄

BTW, Wis. beat Oklahoma State 24-17 in the Guaranteed Rate Bowl on Tuesday night with the backup QB instead of Mertz...

In 3-4 years, maybe they will have coached Brown-Rashada-Leise up, long enough and well enough to play, unless of course some other Failed Big Ten QB needs a lush warm place to hang out at and wants to transfer in, in front of them. And that's before maybe even adding in 3X Sun Belt PoY xfer QB MaCall.... (dripping sarcasm)

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...s-officially-welcome-transfer-qb-graham-mertz

We will see I guess. Since Brown has a year of studying Napiers offense maybe he will win the job in the spring. All he has to do is beat out 2 QBs who left the Big 10, 2 QBs who are walk-ons and a brand new QB just out of high school.

And that's if the coaching staff decides to spend any time coaching him this time around.... 🙄

We will see I guess. Since Brown has a year of studying Napiers offense maybe he will win the job in the spring. All he has to do is beat out 2 QBs who left the Big 10, 2 QBs who are walk-ons and a brand new QB just out of high school.
Got a feeling the Gator fans are gonna be screaming for Rashada to start like they did for Richardson but that didnt turn out too well either. So who knows but just dont see Mertz coming here to sit behind some younger guys. If he can grasp the offense and Billy likes what he sees then Mertz is your starter and Miller is gone. If Brown thinks he can get playing time some where else then he should move on cause Rashada for sure isnt gonna come to Florida to sit long either.

Got a feeling the Gator fans are gonna be screaming for Rashada to start like they did for Richardson but that didnt turn out too well either. So who knows but just dont see Mertz coming here to sit behind some younger guys. If he can grasp the offense and Billy likes what he sees then Mertz is your starter and Miller is gone. If Brown thinks he can get playing time some where else then he should move on cause Rashada for sure isnt gonna come to Florida to sit long either.

Yep Mertz is the starter at Utah most likely unless Rashada is a really quick learner or Brown is ready to take off. I think Brown is gone after 2023 unless he is good with waiting for his chance because we know Rashada will get the nod if there is any debate over it.

Reactions: TEBOW TIME
Yep Mertz is the starter at Utah most likely unless Rashada is a really quick learner or Brown is ready to take off. I think Brown is gone after 2023 unless he is good with waiting for his chance because we know Rashada will get the nod if there is any debate over it.
Still not counting out Miller. His play was not great, but OK with a depleted roster in the bowl game. Let's just see how it plays out, but I think all 4 guys get a real shot at winning the job.

Reactions: bradleygator
Did a little research myself to find out some info on Maxine to see where ole Maxi was ranked coming out of high school. I see now why Lincoln Riley had no part of wanting Maxi.

As a Prospect​

247SPORTS COMPOSITE®​

• NATL.1558
  • QB96
  • OK25

Last edited:
Reactions: PacoGator19
Did a little research myself to find out some info on Maxine to see where ole Maxi was ranked coming out of high school. I see now why Lincoln Riley had no part of wanting Maxi.

As a Prospect​

247SPORTS COMPOSITE®​

• NATL.1558
  • QB96
  • OK25

You never know with someone like him but the chance of another Trask being here so soon is probably small I would think. Trask didnt even get a 3rd star I think for backing up King but he was showing a nice touch on his high school passes in his limited time.

You never know with someone like him but the chance of another Trask being here so soon is probably small I would think. Trask didnt even get a 3rd star I think for backing up King but he was showing a nice touch on his high school passes in his limited time.
Trask was lightning in a bottle and was prepared and ready to go when his number was called. Gonna be hard to catch that again but if ole Maxine turns into a lightning bolt then I will be the first to say HOT DAMN we got ourselves a QB.

If I had to guess right now, I'm thinking Rashada is the real deal, comes in and wins the job.
I hope your right but its just hard for me to believe that Billy told Mertz that your gonna have to compete against some much younger guys for the starting position.

I predict Mertz will start game #1 just based off experience alone but I think Rashada will play next year. Especially if Mertz or whoever the starting QB may be isn’t doing well.

Curious to see what Mertz does. He was playing in a box up there with that crazy conservative offense but did seem a little turnover prone the few times he was allowed to throw downfield. At least Napier takes shots downfield which Wisconsin didn't seem to want to do much until trailing late in games. We will know right off the bat I guess because traveling across the country to play a decent Utah team will be no joke for a new QB.

Curious to see what Mertz does. He was playing in a box up there with that crazy conservative offense but did seem a little turnover prone the few times he was allowed to throw downfield. At least Napier takes shots downfield which Wisconsin didn't seem to want to do much until trailing late in games. We will know right off the bat I guess because traveling across the country to play a decent Utah team will be no joke for a new QB.
Mertz also had 3 offensive coordinators while he was there

Go with the money biased recruiting serves (which even the coaches don't follow or accept), or you can go by the W/L results, stats, and film, then coming to your own Eval.

Gator Fans??? Sorry Tittie-T, they almost never have a consensus opinion.
But anyway, how do you form 'your own' opinions???
Spoon fed by the opinions of others, or by your own reasoned eval?

QBpp Graham Mertz - Wis 2022 - Stats per ESPN
P - 164 of 286, 57.3% for 2,136 yds, 7.5 Yds/Comp, 19 TD's, 10 Ints, 23 Sacks, QBR 135.0
R - 50 for -40 Yds, -0.8 ypc, 2 TD's, LPF's ??
Combined - 21 TD's, 10 TO's? -- So I don't GaS what they ranked him at...

QBdt Jaden Rashada HS Sr 14 Gms - 2022
P - 211 of 338, 62.4% for 3,055 yds, 14.5 Yds/Comp, 32 TD's, 13 Ints, QBR 107.3
R - 68 for 419 Yds, 6.2 ypc, 7 TD's, 1 LPF
Combined 39 TD's, 14 TO's

QBdt Max Brown HS Sr 14 Gms - 2021
P - 167 of 235, 71.1% for 2,750 yds, 16.5 Yds/Comp, 41 TD's, 4 Ints, QBR 142.6
R - 173 for 1,343 Yds, 7.8 ypc, 20 TD's, 0 LPF
Combined 61 TD's, 4 TO's

Look at the stats, watch their film, then come to your own opinion...

Last edited:
Go with the money biased recruiting serves (which even the coaches don't follow or accept), or you can go by the W/L results, stats, and film, then coming to your own Eval.

P - 164 of 286, 57.3% for 2,136 yds, 7.5 Yds/Comp, 19 TD's, 10 Ints, 23 Sacks, QBR 135.0
Combined - 21 TD's, 10 TO's? -- So I don't GaS what they ranked him at...

Combined 61 TD's, 4 TO's

Rashada has the coolest looking hair of the bunch and that is MY opinion. Not too bad to be starting varsity in HS at 14 years old. He also played baseball in HS. Won the state HS Championship this year.

247SPORTS COMPOSITE®​

I've seen enough highlights and stats to determine In Rashada We Trust

Last edited:

Combined - 21 TD's, 10 TO's? -- So I don't GaS

what they ranked him at...

Combined 61 TD's, 4 TO's

Maybe Brown will end up a top QB but there wasn't much on film to convince me at this point. It was mostly buying time on overmatched players to find pretty open receivers. We won't know how good he is at passing under pressure until he has to do it in college. I haven't looked at Rashada's tape to see if he made a lot of tough under pressure throws or not.

• Haha
Maybe Brown will end up a top QB but there wasn't much on film to convince me at this point. It was mostly buying time on overmatched players to find pretty open receivers. We won't know how good he is at passing under pressure until he has to do it in college. I haven't looked at Rashada's tape to see if he made a lot of tough under pressure throws or not.
Watch Rashada at the Under-Armor game practice today. I think its on ESPN at 12 central

I’ve watched Rashada’s tapes and frankly the defenses he was up against didn’t look all that impressive either but we will see. I hope you are right Paco.

QB 1 Mertz 5th Yr Sr starts,,, because why else would he come, and why else would BN bring him?
Wis 2022 - 19 TD's, 10 Ints, plus -0.8 ypc

QB 2 Miller rsSo will again be the #2 QB, because that's what he was brought here to be.
UF 2022 - 180 Yds, 0 TD's, 0 Ints, QBR 28.1

QB 3 Rashada, because we all know that a tFr QB can't possibly compete in the SEC.

While the 'never had no talent' Brown finally does the smart thing and hits the portal.

#4 QB will be a tough battle between WO Engel rsJr and PWO Leise tFr...

End of story, and all Gator fans celebrate everywhere... 👍🏽

QB 1 Mertz 5th Yr Sr starts,,, because why else would he come, and why else would BN bring him?

QB 2 Miller rsSo will again be the #2 QB, because that's what he was brought here to be.

QB 3 Rashada, because we all know that a tFr QB can't possibly compete in the SEC.

While the 'never had no talent' Brown finally does the smart thing and hits the portal.

You think Engel would just idly sit by and let Brown pass him without a fight this season after holding Brown off this past season?

You think Engel would just idly sit by and let Brown pass him without a fight this season after holding Brown off this past season?

WTF are you talking about? Brown's portal gone in my post.
WO Engle rsJr will be competing with PWO Leise tFr for #4.
Put the pipe/beer down, wait to sober up, and then try again....

• Haha
Reactions: Gator Fever
Maybe you need to dust off your Gators VHS tapes out and look for a young man named Chris Leak and watch his high lights. Check out his stats and numbers when he started as a freshman since you are so much into that sh!t and who he beat.

Now that's just funny as chit to me, since I'm the one here that wanted Trask as a tFr, instead of xfer Del Rio...

And I'm the ONLY one that wanted Brown coached up last year in Fall practice...
Some just can't seem to keep up on what was, or what is.....

😂 🤣 😂

Now that's just funny as chit to me, since I'm the one here that wanted Trask as a tFr, instead of xfer Del Rio...

And I'm the ONLY one that wanted Brown coached up last year in Fall practice...
Some just can't seem to keep up on what was, or what is.....

😂 🤣 😂

Trask doing what he did after being penalized in high school for being a backup is something that won't happen too often. Trask did have a nice high school tape in limited action though making the throws you have to make in college. Coach Napier said Brown "had a lot to learn still" when asked. The question now might be if he has learned as much as Engel yet. 🤣 🤣

• Haha
feveredbrains, it might be Billy that has a lot to learn, judging by his QB's (AR-JM) performance so far....

But hey, maybe Mertz/Miller can win at least 7 games in 2023....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT