ADVERTISEMENT

What in the actual F is DeSantis and his cronies trying to do with our State Parks?

Hotlanta_Bill

Swamp Thing
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2021
Golf courses in Johnathan Dickinson and Anastasia SPs?

Pickle Ball courts?

Almost zero notice and time for public discussion and debate?

Florida State Parks and WMA are the crown jewels of our state and you're going to let developers and politicians fleece them even further?

I'm ****ing livid right now.

Pickle Ball courts?

Florida State Parks and WMA are the crown jewels of our state and you're going to let developers and politicians fleece them even further?

I think he is a bit distracted from all the gender and diversity training your side is trying to force down kindergartners...I will give him a pass for the important stuff. Do you believe k-3 should be forced to do DEI training, and understand that they may be a different gender than what God made them? And does that make you as "livid" as someone turning state parks in to golf courses?

• Haha
Reactions: Mdfgator
I don't know about FL BUT people have gone absolutely nuts over pickle ball up here in the DMV. They are taking over tennis and basketball courts turning them into pickle balls courts all over the place.
Yeah. It's mostly old people too. Cracks me up. I'm not young, and these clowns are older than me. I remember in the 80's when racquetball was the big craze. I don't know of anybody that still plays or where any courts are anymore.

Last edited:

Pickle Ball courts?

Big Baby Crying GIF by Jacqueline Jing Lin

Public discussion and debate? You don't have a say, they are STATE GOVERNED PARKS. So developers are getting rich on pickle ball courts? There are 100's of State parks across America that have golf courses. Keep crying.

Last edited:
Kayaking and boating down a river is NOT drastically changing the landscape of a state park like putting in yet another fn golf course where it's not needed.

Signed,
Golfer
So does kayaking and and boating increase traffic to the park and human activity that could damage the park? Yes or no?

Yeah. It's mostly old people too. Cracks me up. I'm not young, and these clowns are older than me. I remember in the 80's when racquetball was the big craze. I don't know of anybody that still plays or where any courts are anymore.

Dude, I was at the 3 wall outdoor racquetball courts on campus side right off University all the time when I was at UF. I wouldn't last one game now haha. Pretty sure those courts are gone now. Misty water colored Memories. Man I miss those years.

Dude, I was at the 3 wall outdoor racquetball courts on campus side right off University all the time when I was at UF. I wouldn't last one game now haha. Pretty sure those courts are gone now. Misty water colored Memories. Man I miss those years.
I learned how to play on 4 wall outdoor concrete. When they added the ceiling though, it completely screwed up the game from speed to dumb-effery. And for that reason alone, I'm out. :mad:

I learned how to play on 4 wall outdoor concrete. When they added the ceiling though, it completely screwed up the game from speed to dumb-effery. And for that reason alone, I'm out. :mad:

I could never play 4 wall even back then due to the wooden court. I had a motorbike accident when I was 15. Split my patella in half and ripped out ligaments, tendons, everything. This was before arthroscopic surgery, I had a cast for 8 weeks. Since then I could not play any sport on a wooden court, just tears my knee up. But the outdoor cement courts were no problem. Use to love playing raquetball at those UF courts in my corduroy OP shorts.

d24c0cf7cb0d619323d2161364f80fa0.jpg

I think he is a bit distracted from all the gender and diversity training your side is trying to force down kindergartners...I will give him a pass for the important stuff. Do you believe k-3 should be forced to do DEI training, and understand that they may be a different gender than what God made them? And does that make you as "livid" as someone turning state parks in to golf courses?
I still don't get all this stuff. How long has the Republican party been in control of Florida?

So is this a "real" issue or a manufacturered one to stay in power...

Let's get back to talking about Florida wildlife and parks management...which hopefully we have some left here after the DeSantis/Rick Scott muckracking is finally over.

• Haha
Reactions: nail1988
I still don't get all this stuff. How long has the Republican party been in control of Florida?

Let's get back to talking about Florida wildlife and parks management...which hopefully we have some left here after the DeSantis/Rick Scott muckracking is finally over.
The only one crying about what's going on in Florida is you.

Tantrum Crying GIF

Pickleball courts are such an eye sore. Disc Golf would make sense because you know you're walking through nature and whatnot to play it.

I guess my question is this. Do you live here in Florida? (HOTLANTA Bill) Secondly, in the scheme of things, having a fiscally INCREDIBLE state that stayed open during covid is more important to me, Bill. And protecting our young from sexual deviant indoctrination is WAY, WAY more important. DeSantis has done an INCREDIBLE job with those things...so I give him a pass on this one

Ron DeSantis is the most pro environment governor in Florida history. Do you understand what has been going on in the Everglades? Millions of dollars are pouring in to make them pristine and in their natural state. I applaud that and I am thankful. As a Floridian the environment is crucial to me because I want my grandchildren to experience Florida the way I did growing up in the 50's. It was heaven on earth.

As for the GOP in control in Florida, not very long. I was born here in 1943 and it was solid Democrat most of my life. But thankfully those days are gone and Florida is prosperous.

If Democrats get control those State Parks will be refugee camps for illegals. Everything a Democrat touches turns to crapola.

Ron DeSantis is the most pro environment governor in Florida history. Do you understand what has been going on in the Everglades? Millions of dollars are pouring in to make them pristine and in their natural state. I applaud that and I am thankful. As a Floridian the environment is crucial to me because I want my grandchildren to experience Florida the way I did growing up in the 50's. It was heaven on earth.

As for the GOP in control in Florida, not very long. I was born here in 1943 and it was solid Democrat most of my life. But thankfully those days are gone and Florida is prosperous.

If Democrats get control those State Parks will be refugee camps for illegals. Everything a Democrat touches turns to crapola.
All of the Everglades money is federal...DeSantis is taking credit for it. Also most of that money was ear marked back in the late 90s with the original CERP plan until Jeb kept kicking it down the street.

He is NOT environmentally friendly. He talked like he is but very few times he backs it up. Very few times.

I'm a Captains for Clean Water member and do donate. I'm also from Stuart...and attend meetings when Im back home and able.

Stop watching Fox News...while you're worried about Democrats using state parks for refugee camps (never happens or would happen) you're losing them right under your nose RIGHT NOW to developers.

Wtf!?

• Haha
Reactions: nail1988
All of the Everglades money is federal...DeSantis is taking credit for it. Also most of that money was ear marked back in the late 90s with the original CERP plan until Jeb kept kicking it down the street.

He is NOT environmentally friendly. He talked like he is but very few times he backs it up. Very few times.

I'm a Captains for Clean Water member and do donate. I'm also from Stuart...and attend meetings when Im back home and able.

Stop watching Fox News...while you're worried about Democrats using state parks for refugee camps (never happens or would happen) you're losing them right under your nose RIGHT NOW to developers.

Wtf!?
Let me REALLY tell everyone what this is. This is a snowflake post finding ANYTHING he can to bust a conservative, while somehow missing the border is WIDE open with enough fentanyl coming across to kill 100k Americans PER YEAR. Now which one needs more attention? State Parks...or the 100K UNNECESSARY deaths because HIS party wants to cheat to let people in to sway elections? Now THIS is the TRUTH of what is happening with his post. (Bill, you are more than welcome to go outside in your backyard...and practice falling down! If you keep coming back here w the weak sauce posts..you will need to know)

Wtf!?
You are clueless. Do you understand state money from our surplus is being spent in the Everglades and other areas of the state for environmental purposes? No you don't because you have an agenda and watch MSNBC 24/7.

Instead of worrying about Florida you should turn you attention to Stacey Abrams and her hell hole Atlanta and do something about that God forsaken place.

So you don't think a Democrat governor in Florida would open up our State Parks to illegals? Are you that uniformed. Look what New York City has done to their private hotels. An illegal has a better chance of staying at a luxury hotel than you do. That is exactly what a Democrat governor would do to our State Parks.

Oh and I don't watch Fox News, or CNN or MSNBC or any network news.

I DO watch FNC as well as get my news from dozens of places. BTW, FNC has more viewers than ALL THE SNOWFLAKE unamerican channel’s Mr Bill gets his stuff from. And MAYBE you should find out why? Because your channels are communist propaganda channels. Are you a believer in communism Mr Bill?

Let me REALLY tell everyone what this is. This is a snowflake post finding ANYTHING he can to bust a conservative, while somehow missing the border is WIDE open with enough fentanyl coming across to kill 100k Americans PER YEAR. Now which one needs more attention? State Parks...or the 100K UNNECESSARY deaths because HIS party wants to cheat to let people in to sway elections? Now THIS is the TRUTH of what is happening with his post. (Bill, you are more than welcome to go outside in your backyard...and practice falling down! If you keep coming back here w the weak sauce posts..you will need to know)
No...I just thought this issue was one we could find common ground on.

This isn't a Dem vs Pub vs anybody. This is a cash grab at the expense of your children and children's children.

You are clueless. Do you understand state money from our surplus is being spent in the Everglades and other areas of the state for environmental purposes? No you don't because you have an agenda and watch MSNBC 24/7.

Instead of worrying about Florida you should turn you attention to Stacey Abrams and her hell hole Atlanta and do something about that God forsaken place.

So you don't think a Democrat governor in Florida would open up our State Parks to illegals? Are you that uniformed. Look what New York City has done to their private hotels. An illegal has a better chance of staying at a luxury hotel than you do. That is exactly what a Democrat governor would do to our State Parks.

Oh and I don't watch Fox News, or CNN or MSNBC or any network news.

Why dont you go get you a nice Benelli M2, and run on over to the Everglades and blow the fck out of a bunch of pythons. Get outdoors. Be good for you, good for the state. Blow some Boa heads clean off. Yore welcome.

Well he came here for discussion I THINK..so my smart azzed answer may have been uncalled for. The fact of the matter is, in my over 60 years DeSantis is the BEST governor BY FAR, and has a wonderful future in our party.
I'm sorry, I have lived in Florida over 75 years and desantis is the worst Governor we have ever had although there have been a couple just as bad. Desantis is bad because the rep. party in Florida is over run by Pub's escaping to Florida from Rep. Northern States over a period of time. Hopefully we never see Desantis when his time runs out. Or his wife.

Wtf!?
:mad:

Wtf!?
I am ACTUALLY a USCG certified captain. The state of Florida doesn't have jack doodle to do with the real problem. It is solely on the backs of the federal government, namely the USACOE. They started this BS years ago by damming the south end of Lake O to allow development of ag land south of the lake. The River of Grass is nature's great way to correct pollution problems. What did they do? Built a dike with federal money, The best thing that could happen is for a Cat V hurricane to take out that dike and return the sheet flow to flow through the Everglades again, nature's great filter instead of diverting shithole water to the Atlantic Ocean and the GOM.. Now they are building all these STAs to clean water and they can't build them fast enough. Disney is a HUGE contributor to the problems. DeSantis is no friend to Disney BTW, in case you haven't noticed.

I'm sorry, I have lived in Florida over 75 years and desantis is the worst Governor we have ever had although there have been a couple just as bad. Desantis is bad because the rep. party in Florida is over run by Pub's escaping to Florida from Rep. Northern States over a period of time. Hopefully we never see Desantis when his time runs out. Or his wife.
Jimbo, you vote for COMMUNISTS son. You cannot possibly pay ME a higher compliment than disagreeing with my views. You are not really American, son.

DeSantis is from Jacksonville you dolt. 😂 Don't you live there in a trailer park somewhere? Somewhere off northern Blanding Blvd near McDuff? You are fake news.

:mad:

I am ACTUALLY a USCG certified captain. The state of Florida doesn't have jack doodle to do with the real problem. It is solely on the backs of the federal government, namely the USACOE. They started this BS years ago by damming the south end of Lake O to allow development of ag land south of the lake. The River of Grass is nature's great way to correct pollution problems. What did they do? Built a dike with federal money, The best thing that could happen is for a Cat V hurricane to take out that dike and return the sheet flow to flow through the Everglades again, nature's great filter instead of diverting shithole water to the Atlantic Ocean and the GOM.. Now they are building all these STAs to clean water and they can't build them fast enough.
100% agree this about the USACOE...as well as the sugar industry.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT