ADVERTISEMENT

What in the actual F is DeSantis and his cronies trying to do with our State Parks?

DeSantis is from Jacksonville you dolt. 😂 Don't you live there in a trailer park somewhere? Somewhere off northern Blanding Blvd near McDuff? You are fake news.
I have been following you off and on for awhile. Where I live is none of your business, calling me a dolt shows your total ignorance, which , by the way I have been aware of. I personally, have absolutely no use for you and a couple of your pals on here, either. So back on ignore you go.

I have been following you off and on for awhile. Where I live is none of your business, calling me a dolt shows your total ignorance, which , by the way I have been aware of. I personally, have absolutely no use for you and a couple of your pals on here, either. So back on ignore you go.
Congratulations Nav! Proof you are a great guy!

Communists have thin skin huh Jimbo?

Reactions: Gators1853
Communists have thin skin huh Jimbo?
They always do, no matter how old they get. ;)
s-l1200.jpg

All of the Everglades money is federal...DeSantis is taking credit for it. Also most of that money was ear marked back in the late 90s with the original CERP plan until Jeb kept kicking it down the street.

He is NOT environmentally friendly. He talked like he is but very few times he backs it up. Very few times.

I'm a Captains for Clean Water member and do donate. I'm also from Stuart...and attend meetings when Im back home and able.

Stop watching Fox News...while you're worried about Democrats using state parks for refugee camps (never happens or would happen) you're losing them right under your nose RIGHT NOW to developers.

Wtf!?
The Everglades Restoration Act was passed in 1991, then the Water Resources Development act was passed in 1992, Kissimmee River restoration began in 1992, Consent Decree in 1992, Everglades Forever act 1994, STA construction begins 1994, CERP plan 1996, etc. etc. etc.

Nobody kicked it down the street. It took years of testing, monitoring of waters and enacting of legislation until fully funded in 2000.
The Kissimmee River restoration had to start, stormwater treatment areas needed to be built as well as other preliminary staging construction.

You don't rework, reclaim, regrade, reroute waters over 600,00 Acres of the Everglades without comprehensive studies and engineering.

The CERP funding is federal because over 85% of the everglades is federal land.

Question for you : is the 20,000 acres DeSantis and the State of Florida acquired in 2022 to prevent drilling for oil and permanently protect not an environmentally friendly action?

And by the way my sister was on the South Florida Water Management District team who worked with the Corps of Engineers for the entirety of the reclamation project. In addition to being on the team she took the lead on content, editing and submitting to congress the "Central and Southern Florida Comprehensive Review Study" in 1999 which led to passing of CERP the next year.

So let me know how much you want to discuss this matter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT