ADVERTISEMENT

What does he do now?

I agree with you that politics has a pendulum effect. It just seems like when the Romney types republican is in charge of our upswing period they never advance the agenda. They are happy to just pause the leftward creep at best, slow it down at worst. They are just to "nice" to put the interests of their voters front and center. When the left gets in there, they are never afraid of blowback. They are never worried about what will happen when it swings back. They slam their foot on the gas. Offense from the start line. We have men in dresses using womens restrooms for goodness sakes. They push...always. They openly attack the nuclear family. If we take your white towel approach, there will be nothing left for my granchildren. Ill be damned. Id rather burn it to the ground and see what springs from the ashes then to submit to their worldview.
Simply put: Never negotiate with terrorists. It won't end well.

I agree with you that politics has a pendulum effect. It just seems like when the Romney types republican is in charge of our upswing period they never advance the agenda. They are happy to just pause the leftward creep at best, slow it down at worst. They are just to "nice" to put the interests of their voters front and center. When the left gets in there, they are never afraid of blowback. They are never worried about what will happen when it swings back. They slam their foot on the gas. Offense from the start line. We have men in dresses using womens restrooms for goodness sakes. They push...always. They openly attack the nuclear family. If we take your white towel approach, there will be nothing left for my granchildren. Ill be damned. Id rather burn it to the ground and see what springs from the ashes then to submit to their worldview.
jsf,

First.....I appreciate you taking the time to explain your thought process in the last several posts. That's really the reason I have engaged folks on this forum......to try and understand why you support Trump and where you are coming from..........and you have given me some insight on that. When you understand the why behind something its a lot easier to understand the current actions that are taking place. Too often on this forum its just people talking past each other and the result is a waste of time.

Secondly, I agree with a lot of what you stated above with regard to the left pushing too hard. I break the dilemma we have into two parts 1) how we got to where we are and 2) What do we do about it now. I think you and I are fairly close to agreement on part 1. The left pushing way too hard (and failing to respect the rights view points) and failure of leadership on the right to combat this. Where we differ is in part 2. I have no desire to "burn it do the ground". We have problems, but I don't think we are there yet. My life, my kids, my family are all doing pretty well and maybe its a selfish point of view but the burn it to the ground POV is going to harm me and mine a lot more than it will help them. Most of the people I know and the people I work and live with are in a similar position as me.....although the political viewpoints are still somewhat different. If you remove the political polarization that exists in our country what I see isn't all that bad (taken as a whole)......and is still a lot better than most of the rest of the world. My opinion is that if we burn it down we are going to end up with something worse.......and my evidence for that is the rest of the world. How many places have it better right now? How many places ever have?

Anyway.....its just my opinion and of course, in the end I could be proven wrong. But I trust you will accept that its possible you will be also.

jsf,

First.....I appreciate you taking the time to explain your thought process in the last several posts. That's really the reason I have engaged folks on this forum......to try and understand why you support Trump and where you are coming from..........and you have given me some insight on that. When you understand the why behind something its a lot easier to understand the current actions that are taking place. Too often on this forum its just people talking past each other and the result is a waste of time.

Secondly, I agree with a lot of what you stated above with regard to the left pushing too hard. I break the dilemma we have into two parts 1) how we got to where we are and 2) What do we do about it now. I think you and I are fairly close to agreement on part 1. The left pushing way too hard (and failing to respect the rights view points) and failure of leadership on the right to combat this. Where we differ is in part 2. I have no desire to "burn it do the ground". We have problems, but I don't think we are there yet. My life, my kids, my family are all doing pretty well and maybe its a selfish point of view but the burn it to the ground POV is going to harm me and mine a lot more than it will help them. Most of the people I know and the people I work and live with are in a similar position as me.....although the political viewpoints are still somewhat different. If you remove the political polarization that exists in our country what I see isn't all that bad (taken as a whole)......and is still a lot better than most of the rest of the world. My opinion is that if we burn it down we are going to end up with something worse.......and my evidence for that is the rest of the world. How many places have it better right now? How many places ever have?

Anyway.....its just my opinion and of course, in the end I could be proven wrong. But I trust you will accept that its possible you will be also.
I dont WANT to burn it to the ground. I said I would RATHER burn it the ground than to let it continue into the drift into this madness. Its not even an economic ploy. Not about economics or standard of living. Im sure that Satan would possibly make the standard of living comfortable, all the while your grandchildren ( not sure how old you are / im speaking from the prospective of a middle aged dude with a 13 / 12 and 10 year old ) live in a world where the idea of the nuclear family has been abandoned, grotesque sexual fetishes are the norm and Christianity is punsihed. A world where computers have replaced the productive work of man. I undertand that burning it down is dangerous, and I dont WANT it to go there. But.....there is a line where I would wanna take our chances

I dont WANT to burn it to the ground. I said I would RATHER burn it the ground than to let it continue into the drift into this madness. Its not even an economic ploy. Not about economics or standard of living. Im sure that Satan would possibly make the standard of living comfortable, all the while your grandchildren ( not sure how old you are / im speaking from the prospective of a middle aged dude with a 13 / 12 and 10 year old ) live in a world where the idea of the nuclear family has been abandoned, grotesque sexual fetishes are the norm and Christianity is punsihed. A world where computers have replaced the productive work of man. I undertand that burning it down is dangerous, and I dont WANT it to go there. But.....there is a line where I would wanna take our chances
Ya, but you lit the fuse. Your not going to be able to control the blast. Donald Trump is already the most powerful man we have ever had in this country (at least in my lifetime). If he becomes president again, which is likely, that power is going to be at an all time high.....and with a sympathetic Supreme court, likely control of congress, no concern about re-election and presidential immunity he will be able to do anything he wants.

We are damn foolish lot to hand any man that kind of power.

Not sure where computers are an issue of the left? Social media has drug us farther down the rat hole than anything else.....and that's not party affiliated either. Seems Elon Musk, a big supporter of Trump, is in favor of letting people say whatever they want on Twitter.

Besides, we are going to destroy ourselves with AI anyway, why worry about it, LOL.

Ya, but you lit the fuse. Your not going to be able to control the blast. Donald Trump is already the most powerful man we have ever had in this country (at least in my lifetime). If he becomes president again, which is likely, that power is going to be at an all time high.....and with a sympathetic Supreme court, likely control of congress, no concern about re-election and presidential immunity he will be able to do anything he wants.

No....PLEASE learn to follow the Constitution of our Country. Your opinion is meaningless. when he wins...he WON the power granted to him BY our Constitution. People thinking like you that you get to override it IS what is dangerous.

Not sure where computers are an issue of the left? Social media has drug us farther down the rat hole than anything else.....and that's not party affiliated either. Seems Elon Musk, a big supporter of Trump, is in favor of letting people say whatever they want on Twitter.

Besides, we are going to destroy ourselves with AI anyway, why worry about it, LOL.
WRONG...he believes in the FIRST AMENDMENT, and non political censorship that WAS happening before he bought the company. YOU are one of the dangerous people I talk about. At least your political thoughts are NON American

I’m not saying the computers are an issue of the left. If you think back to yesterday, I said that we have to have a multi- front battle here. Political is one. Culture is another. The technology is a problem, a huge problem.

Reactions: Illegal-shift

Again, we are normalizing all manor of disgusting and vile behaviors across the culture and you think I lit the fuse? Come on. I don’t see electing trump as burning it down, it’s an attempt at a late stage recovery. As far as burning it down…. If the options are leave a culture with almost a beige type of unassuming evil ( in other words, not necessarily child sacrifice in the streets) where we are far enough removed from the “ old traditional way “ that people don’t even know what righteousness is vs burn it down and see what happens I think we should cut off our own hand if it causes us ( or in this case future generations ) to live in sin

I also think that strategy you advocate for kind of leaves us as the frog in the pot that is slowly turned up till we are dead. Burn it down mentality may afford us the ability to jump out of the pot…. Thrown into the already boiling pot if you will.

Again, we are normalizing all manor of disgusting and vile behaviors across the culture and you think I lit the fuse? Come on. I don’t see electing trump as burning it down, it’s an attempt at a late stage recovery. As far as burning it down…. If the options are leave a culture with almost a beige type of unassuming evil ( in other words, not necessarily child sacrifice in the streets) where we are far enough removed from the “ old traditional way “ that people don’t even know what righteousness is vs burn it down and see what happens I think we should cut off our own hand if it causes us ( or in this case future generations ) to live in sin
I think the error in your assessment, and that of Christians in general, is that the kind of stuff you are talking about can be fixed through politics/Government. Especially national politics. What is needed is to change the hearts of men and women........and that's one reason why I think this course is a mistake. Abortion is a good example - that decision has not resulted in fewer abortions, at least so far. So who really won that case? Government can't force morality and that part is likely to result in blow back. While I can agree with you on some of the problems you highlighted, I just don't see how electing Donald Trump is going to make them better.

The one clear exception is the border. That can and should be fixed by the government and the democrats didn't do it. The sad thing with the border to me is that I think we are at a time when a good deal could be made since we need immigrants to fill out our work force where the baby boomers are leaving (for instance, make legal immigration easier but go ahead and build the wall to reduce illegal entry). But I doubt that gets done because we can't even talk with each other anymore.

I think the error in your assessment, and that of Christians in general, is that the kind of stuff you are talking about can be fixed through politics/Government. Especially national politics. What is needed is to change the hearts of men and women........and that's one reason why I think this course is a mistake. Abortion is a good example - that decision has not resulted in fewer abortions, at least so far. So who really won that case? Government can't force morality and that part is likely to result in blow back. While I can agree with you on some of the problems you highlighted, I just don't see how electing Donald Trump is going to make them better.

The one clear exception is the border. That can and should be fixed by the government and the democrats didn't do it. The sad thing with the border to me is that I think we are at a time when a good deal could be made since we need immigrants to fill out our work force where the baby boomers are leaving (for instance, make legal immigration easier but go ahead and build the wall to reduce illegal entry). But I doubt that gets done because we can't even talk with each other anymore.

You libs never get it. Now a very bad law is fixed and working like it was meant to in a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC. Something I am sure most of you have no clue what it means.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT