ADVERTISEMENT

Well, you don't have Coley to make fun of anymore.

GwinnettDawg

Rowdy Reptile
Aug 7, 2001
Kirby has hired Todd Monken to run the offense. Coley will have new duties, not sure what. We did this once before with Brian Schottenheimer and that was a train wreck. Hopefully this one goes a bit better.

5 different teams as an OC in 9 years? I'd say a safe hire.
iu

iu
Coley is terrible so Monken can’t be worse but from what I know about Monken I’m not overly impressed with him either. Certainly not a hire that screams UGA is going to change up the offense, etc.

You guys have elite talent, Smart seems to be like Muschamp, wants to control the offense. We will see in 7 months.

Bingo. OC isn't the problem, it's the head coach who understands nothing about that side of the ball wanting to run the show. Georgia could easily hire an elite OC if the HC would leave him alone to do his job.

Bingo. OC isn't the problem, it's the head coach who understands nothing about that side of the ball wanting to run the show. Georgia could easily hire an elite OC if the HC would leave him alone to do his job.
It won't happen...Smart has a way big ego...if he did things like Coach O did this last year UGA could be unstoppable. Either way the causal UGA fan can just STFU until they do.

It won't happen...Smart has a way big ego...if he did things like Coach O did this last year UGA could be unstoppable. Either way the causal UGA fan can just STFU until they do.

2016 - We got the next Nick Saban!

2017 - Next year is our year!

2018 - This is our year!

2019 - This is our year!

2020 - This is our year!

2021 - Fire his worthless ass!

Wait. And. See.

Reactions: GatorNation79
Kirby has hired Todd Monken to run the offense. Coley will have new duties, not sure what. We did this once before with Brian Schottenheimer and that was a train wreck. Hopefully this one goes a bit better.

I remember jimbo booting Coley to Miami because he didnt trust him to call plays and Coley tried to play hard ball and said i will stay if i get more control.... Jimbo gave him the thumbs down and sent him packing. Im surprised Miami and UGA hired him as OC. Hes a great recruiter(as you can tell) but a horrible game day coach.

Reactions: fsumc
iu

Yeah, it's a bit like dating, isn't it? You meet a new one, you hope things are going to work out and she will be the one you have been looking for, then you find out how many "teams" she's been with in the past few years, and you start to wonder.

Reactions: gatordad3
I remember jimbo booting Coley to Miami because he didnt trust him to call plays and Coley tried to play hard ball and said i will stay if i get more control.... Jimbo gave him the thumbs down and sent him packing. Im surprised Miami and UGA hired him as OC. Hes a great recruiter(as you can tell) but a horrible game day coach.
Then why did Jimbo offer Coley the OC job at aTm?

Not sure what will happen here but this guy does love to pass the ball when he is the play caller. I wish Coley was left in place for another year. A lot will depend on their new O line.

Four loss Fisher? He doesn't always make the best decisions.
Neither does Mullen. I mean, come on.[/QUOTE]
Fisher is on Murders Row at Texas AM, he's a great play caller, amazing recruiter...and his record as a HBC is to be determined but he's pretty good with National Titles under his belt as a HBC and coordinator.

Fisher is way overrated. If we are gonna count coordinator rings, Kirby is ahead of him I believe.

Last edited:
Not sure what will happen here but this guy does love to pass the ball when he is the play caller. I wish Coley was left in place for another year. A lot will depend on their new O line.
Still lots of experience returning up front in Shaffer, Salyer, Cleveland and Hill. It will be interesting to see how they perform under Luke.

Still lots of experience returning up front in Shaffer, Salyer, Cleveland and Hill. It will be interesting to see how they perform under Luke.

If this is the case, why are we hearing you might start two true frosh on the line?

If this is the case, why are we hearing you might start two true frosh on the line?
If Jones stays committed he has a chance to come in and compete, but otherwise all of the other people I mentioned have lots of experience. Salyer played really well in the bowl game and has played a bunch. Pittman recruited deep.

If Jones stays committed he has a chance to come in and compete, but otherwise all of the other people I mentioned have lots of experience. Salyer played really well in the bowl game and has played a bunch. Pittman recruited deep.
UGA isn't short on talent...I expect them to be very good....can they win the East or the SEC...we'll have to see how they play.

Reactions: copydog
There are 100 coordinators that could be named... that are deserving and was a part of it but didn't run the program. Saban is the only person anyone will think and talk about long term.

He knows, that's why he talked about rings won as coordinator LOL

Fisher is on Murders Row at Texas AM, he's a great play caller, amazing recruiter...and his record as a HBC is to be determined but he's pretty good with National Titles under his belt as a HBC and coordinator.

Do you ever bother to read stuff before you run your pole smoker?

There are 100 coordinators that could be named... that are deserving and was a part of it but didn't run the program. Saban is the only person anyone will think and talk about long term.

And the funny thing is, Saban would have rather had Muschamp at Bama as DC than Kirbs.

He already had a DC.

Who did he hire as his DC when he went to Miami? Hint: Not Kirbs.
Guess you just forgot to add that Muschamp is 4 years older than Kirby and as farther along then Kirby in his career. Kirby was barely out of being a GA at FSU by then. Joined Saban in 2006 in Miami. Stop being so dishonest all the time. Oh, and what was Muschamp's roles on those Dolphin teams?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT