ADVERTISEMENT

Well Baylor is going to Suck

Sad,

I was told by an ex-player: “if we knew what went on behind the scenes of a major college football program we would never watch another game.”

^^^The problem may be that we could care less what goes on behind the scenes. Let's face it...there's nothing these kids could ever do that would cool our addiction to football.

It is stories like this that really just suck the passion out of sadgator for college football...

It really is just a dirty corrupt business and the more sadgator sees of it, the less he feels like he should care about it...

Do sad a favor and don't ask around to anyone in the business.

1. I don't care in the least about any of that sort of thing.

2. Remember when everyone was praying Art Briles would leave Texas for the first in his life? Lol

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Sad,

I was told by an ex-player: “if we knew what went on behind the scenes of a major college football program we would never watch another game.”

Well did he ever tell you what happened behind the scenes??

TV Documentaries have been done, fans have backed the guilty no matter the cost to the victim, cops have looked the other way and finally a school does the right thing.

GO Canes!

Sad,

I have found my passion for college football on the wane for some time now. For a variety of reasons. I enjoy other college sports much more than I used to, and college football a lot less.

I have found my passion for college football on the wane for some time now. For a variety of reasons. I enjoy other college sports much more than I used to, and college football a lot less.
I'm turning 40 this August. I'm slowly turning this way. It doesn't have the impact on life it once did. I about all dropped college basketball from my life. I do enjoy baseball and the Olympic sports more than I ever have.

I'm turning 40 this August. I'm slowly turning this way. It doesn't have the impact on life it once did. I about all dropped college basketball from my life. I do enjoy baseball and the Olympic sports more than I ever have.

This is largely why I don't follow much anymore, or post here much either. I had to step back and say it's insane to worry about a team of 18-20 year olds. They are going to do what they always have done and you can't change that, neither can the coaches. Shit's going on and I'm a grown man, I can't be running around with my hair on fire and smashing televisions based on what some kid with zero morals chooses to do in his offtime.

I'll leave that kind of stuff to the fans in Alabama who truly have nothing else in life other than college football. At the end of the day, it's a fun ride when the going is good, but it's a sad way to live one's life if that's ALL you have.

It's a good thing there are so many angels in the league above them to set the precedent as millionaires.

I still think it's funny how people have laughed at me for years calling out the money bag teams and how they always get taken care of to win. LSU now has the most 3-0 starts in SEC tournament history, even when they aren't good it's the same as UK in the SEC tourney. Does anyone realize how much money they make when those fans are still there and the hotel rooms etc.? Compared to what happens when they get eliminated early? When UK got beat the first night a few years ago there were 18 fans there and I got free box seats for two days because of it, they literally gave their tickets away and there was NO one there anymore after that. If people think these things don't happen then they don't watch games closely enough for one and they certainly don't understand how greedy America is. In the only thing you think would be righteous and fair left in the world even sports games are made to help the big dogs win. Everyone loves march madness and CFB but if you look at it, everyone always talks about the underdog and love it because they all have a chance, yet the same blue bloods end up winning it all... every. single.year. I don't even have to get into the 2011 debauchery with Bama getting to play the team they lost to in front of a record crowd at home with a bye week then not even winning their own conference much less their division but got to play them again after sitting at home. If the same thing happened to Bama they would have cried for a lifetime and lobbied for Ok state to be in it all day. But it was the "two best teams" that's how it's supposed to work. The same people that say with a straight face that we shouldn't have gotten to play FSU again when we won by 5 TD's after getting half our team back unlike the first game and won our conference and conf. title game by 3 scores against, guess who... It would have been the same thing as Michigan getting their rematch in 06 because everyone believed they were the two best teams by far, and both got beat by the same exact score in the Rose Bowl and NC game. Had that never happened the SEC might not be where it is today and bama wouldn't have gotten put in either.

It's a good thing there are so many angels in the league above them to set the precedent as millionaires.

I still think it's funny how people have laughed at me for years calling out the money bag teams and how they always get taken care of to win. LSU now has the most 3-0 starts in SEC tournament history, even when they aren't good it's the same as UK in the SEC tourney. Does anyone realize how much money they make when those fans are still there and the hotel rooms etc.? Compared to what happens when they get eliminated early? When UK got beat the first night a few years ago there were 18 fans there and I got free box seats for two days because of it, they literally gave their tickets away and there was NO one there anymore after that. If people think these things don't happen then they don't watch games closely enough for one and they certainly don't understand how greedy America is. In the only thing you think would be righteous and fair left in the world even sports games are made to help the big dogs win. Everyone loves march madness and CFB but if you look at it, everyone always talks about the underdog and love it because they all have a chance, yet the same blue bloods end up winning it all... every. single.year. I don't even have to get into the 2011 debauchery with Bama getting to play the team they lost to in front of a record crowd at home with a bye week then not even winning their own conference much less their division but got to play them again after sitting at home. If the same thing happened to Bama they would have cried for a lifetime and lobbied for Ok state to be in it all day. But it was the "two best teams" that's how it's supposed to work. The same people that say with a straight face that we shouldn't have gotten to play FSU again when we won by 5 TD's after getting half our team back unlike the first game and won our conference and conf. title game by 3 scores against, guess who... It would have been the same thing as Michigan getting their rematch in 06 because everyone believed they were the two best teams by far, and both got beat by the same exact score in the Rose Bowl and NC game. Had that never happened the SEC might not be where it is today and bama wouldn't have gotten put in either.

What was it like two years ago when Baylor and TCU had those one loss seasons and got left out of the CFB. I understand the Big 12 didn't have a conference champ game, but I bet you would rarely see a 12-1 Texas or Oklahoma team be left out.

Having lived in Texas for almost twenty years, I can tell you that Art Briles will soon be back in a familiar spot, reprising his role as a Texas Friday Night legend.

Waco will now return to what it's always been. A halfway point between Dallas and Austin.

Baseball is the best show running at UF. I like track and field too, but it's not on tv much.

What was it like two years ago when Baylor and TCU had those one loss seasons and got left out of the CFB. I understand the Big 12 didn't have a conference champ game, but I bet you would rarely see a 12-1 Texas or Oklahoma team be left out.

And if it had not been Ohio St or Michigan on the outside one of them would have gotten in. And last year I think Michigan St debacle sealed the deal that it would be big names from here on out. Don't let the NCAA fool anyone, its about money, nothing else

And if it had not been Ohio St or Michigan on the outside one of them would have gotten in. And last year I think Michigan St debacle sealed the deal that it would be big names from here on out. Don't let the NCAA fool anyone, its about money, nothing else
Money and ratings is what it is about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT