ADVERTISEMENT

We get to vote on recreational pot

It wasn’t legal for pharma or liquor to advertise 10-15 years ago, I forget the exact time. But don’t let facts kick you in the ass. Eat Whole Foods, stay away from factory farmed meats and dairy. That gets you 85% of the way home, from there is is simply a fine tuning exercise that most cannot handle.
I take health and diet very seriously. Been eating organic since Oct. 2003, no processed foods, no dairy, no carbonated drinks, and lately i've added no white sugar, no white flour, no white rice to help combat Lyme Disease, which has worked well ...

Vodka has zero carbs and zero sugars. 64 calories per ounce.

I believe it’s how it’s metabolized that is the issue.
How does that work, fermentation requires sugars of some kind. They might not add any but there's sugar in it. Off to Google how vodka is made.

• Haha
Reactions: greyghost14
"Potatoes have a high glycemic index, making them unsuitable for people with diabetes. "

And I'm sure I don't have to tell you about corn.

"Potatoes have a high glycemic index, making them unsuitable for people with diabetes. "

And I'm sure I don't have to tell you about corn.
You aren’t eating the food. It’s the alcohols that are a byproduct of fermentation.

You need sugar and yeast to create fermentation. Sugar comes from the food and the yeast is added.

Vodka, made from corn, rice or potatoes, has zero sugar or carbs. I think when the body metabolizes it, it somehow creates sugars.

Reactions: LordofallSocks
You aren’t eating the food. It’s the alcohols that are a byproduct of fermentation.

You need sugar and yeast to create fermentation. Sugar comes from the food and the yeast is added.

Vodka, made from corn, rice or potatoes, has zero sugar or carbs. I think when the body metabolizes it, it somehow creates sugars.

I need to deep dive into this because corn has sugar in it. Potatoes have less than a gram per 100 grams, and rice starch converts to sugar when it breaks down.

or so I've heard, I'd never distill alcohol from fermented mash that's illegal.

• Haha
Reactions: RussellCasse

You're correct, ethanol disrupts glucose homeostasis by lowering insulin reaction at the molecular and cellular level. Basically drinking alcohol causes lsugar levels to rise in your system because it interferes with metabolic functions in the liver and pancreas.

Fascinating.

Reactions: fatman76
I eat, drink, and smoke whatever the hell I want. If I drop dead tomorrow, Inshallah. 😂
x-files-gillian-anderson.gif

I did Atkins in the late 90s. Yep it got old. There is so much more out there today and some substitutes allow you to adapt meals and make them low carb. Stevia and monk fruit are pricy but ubiquitous. They last a long time, however.

I occasionally eat Keto bread.

I went on an outing with the Scouts this past weekend. We camped out on the USS Alabama in Mobile. Its a 6hr drive that takes 8-9 :) Eating is a little more challenging while traveling but hey "Be Prepared."

Thursday we were on a scout reservation and I ate hotdogs with chili and cheese.

Friday breakfast was eggs, sausage, bacon and coffee. I had a sandwich on Friday with keto bread ~6g net for lunch and had tacos on keto tortillas (2 at ~12g ) for supper Friday night.

Saturday was a munk bar and coffee for breakfast and a subway salad for lunch. Dinner was the Buc-ees meat and cheese pack with the hot cheesy sausage slices.

Sunday I was back and took communion at the local sunrise service. Otherwise back to "normal" eating with no breads or sugars.
Love love love Buc-ees.

I eat, drink, and smoke whatever the hell I want. If I drop dead tomorrow, Inshallah. 😂

This made me laugh because it reminded me of a convo I had with someone about sleep apnea.

She was arguing with me how important it was to wear my cpap. Something I just can’t wear anymore because I am claustrophobic. Her comment…You don’t want to die in your sleep do you?

I replied: yes actually, that’s exactly how I want to go. The look on her face was priceless. Would you rather I have a painful, drawn out death?

Last edited:
This made me laugh because it reminded me of a convo I had with someone about sleep apnea.

She was arguing with me how important it was to wear my cpap. Something I just can’t wear anymore because I am claustrophobic. Her comment…You don’t want to die in yoyr sleep do you?

I replied: yes actually, that’s exactly how I want to go. The look on her face was priceless. Would you rather I have a painful, drawn out death?
Same reason I don't use mine.

The commercials are irrelevant. there wasn't anything that could be done about common ailments then, you just suffered. you're confusing pharmaceutical breakthroughs with a rise in the conditions. And there were plenty of kids with deadly allergies. Most of them died from it. ever realize how anti bacterial agents in every damn thing affect immunity???

I don't think you understand how much difference there is in yield between so-called organic and gmo crops. I worked on the uf dairy research unit for two years and saw first hand any number of Monsanto experiments on bovine and plant subjects.
damn, again another good post.. you have some potential.

She was arguing with me how important it was to wear my cpap. Something I just can’t wear anymore because I am claustrophobic. Her comment…You don’t want to die in your sleep do you?

lose some weight and grow a pair of balls.

Legalize for public Recreational? --- No
Prescribed for Medical Purpose. -- Yes
Home use by individuals. --- Yes
Age for legal use the same as for alcohol, 21 years because developing brains/bodies are harmed by either.

Were I in charge.

Totally Legal to grow and consume in any manner at the individuals own place of residence.

Regulated Dispensaries for those unable to grow for themselves.
Sold in sealed containers that can only be legally opened after arrival back home.

Illegal to
transport or sell by any unlicensed individual.
Automatic 3 years in jail with no plea deals for court/jury proven violations.
Freedom for the responsible American citizens, but serious penalties for the criminal acts.

Illegal to act crazy/obnoxious in public, or operate a motor vehicle while under the influence.
Treated like 'drunk in public or DUI,,,' if with no property damage or injury, with a ticket/fine.
Felony crimes treated as such for any drug or alcohol abuse induced crimes (property damage or injury/death).
============

Plunging in with both feet concerning things we talk about here....

It is difficult to define philosophy. In fact, to do so is itself a philosophical activity, since philosophers are attempting to gain the broadest and most fundamental conception of the world as it exists. The world includes nature, consciousness, morality, beauty, and social organizations. So the content available for philosophy is both broad and deep.

Because of its very nature, philosophy considers a range of subjects, and philosophers cannot automatically rule anything out. Whereas other disciplines allow for basic assumptions, philosophers cannot be bound by such assumptions. This open-endedness makes philosophy a somewhat awkward and confusing subject. There are no easy answers to the questions of what philosophy studies or how one does philosophy.

This is one of the many critical reasons that a Strong/Solid 1st Amendment is required.
(and a strong 2nd Amendment with fully informed citizens to guarantee all of the rest)

Hate Speech is bogus.
Censored Words is also bogus.
Thought Control sanctioned by government, is the major threat to a FREE society imo.

Speech is either FREE, or it isn't....

Something as simple as a log of bologna disappears one thin slice at a time; until one day you wake up and the entire log is gone....

Control unlawful violent actions by anyone, while leaving FREE SPEECH totally unhindered.

'If I call you anything, you have a right to walk away or to attempt to counter what I've said.'

But you do not have a right to physically attack me for my thoughts or my speech. Anyone doing so should be hammered for their violent act, not me for exercising my 'unalienable' right to free thinking and free speech. And the elected government has NO RIGHT to censor the unalienable rights of citizens either....
"Unalienable means not transferable or capable of being taken away or denied."

You can yell 'FIRE' in a theater, but then you can and should be hammered for doing so if there's no fire. Using that as an excuse to restrict my free speech is just another underhanded slice off the Constitutional bologna.

From the French philosopher and Enlightenment writer, Voltaire, “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it” in an attempt to calm things but also to support the principle of freedom of speech.

Oath of Office, elected or appointed to public office and those in the military:

“I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

Traitors to that oath should be punished immediately and decisively. Any attempt to change the Constitution while in public office or in the military is a US Code 2381 violation punishable by law. While other American Citizens can attempt to do so by any and all of the legal means available.

"Treason. Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000 ..."

Total lawlessness and/or the uneven application of the LAWS will end civilized society quickly, casting us all into destructive >>> CHAOS..........

Reactions: LordofallSocks
Legalize for public Recreational? --- No
Prescribed for Medical Purpose. -- Yes
Home use by individuals. --- Yes
Age for legal use the same as for alcohol, 21 years because developing brains/bodies are harmed by either.

Were I in charge.

Totally Legal to grow and consume in any manner at the individuals own place of residence.
Regulated Dispensaries for those unable to grow for themselves.
Sold in sealed containers that can only be legally opened after arrival back home.

Illegal to
transport or sell by any unlicensed individual.
Automatic 3 years in jail with no plea deals for court/jury proven violations.
Freedom for the responsible American citizens, but serious penalties for the criminal acts.

Illegal to act crazy/obnoxious in public, or operate a motor vehicle while under the influence.
Treated like 'drunk in public or DUI,,,' if with no property damage or injury, with a ticket/fine.
Felony crimes treated as such for any drug or alcohol abuse induced crimes (property damage or injury/death).
============

Plunging in with both feet concerning things we talk about here....

It is difficult to define philosophy. In fact, to do so is itself a philosophical activity, since philosophers are attempting to gain the broadest and most fundamental conception of the world as it exists. The world includes nature, consciousness, morality, beauty, and social organizations. So the content available for philosophy is both broad and deep.

Because of its very nature, philosophy considers a range of subjects, and philosophers cannot automatically rule anything out. Whereas other disciplines allow for basic assumptions, philosophers cannot be bound by such assumptions. This open-endedness makes philosophy a somewhat awkward and confusing subject. There are no easy answers to the questions of what philosophy studies or how one does philosophy.

This is one of the many critical reasons that a Strong/Solid 1st Amendment is required.
(and a strong 2nd Amendment with fully informed citizens to guarantee all of the rest)

Hate Speech is bogus.
Censored Words is also bogus.
Thought Control sanctioned by government, is the major threat to a FREE society imo.

Speech is either FREE, or it isn't....

Something as simple as a log of bologna disappears one thin slice at a time; until one day you wake up and the entire log is gone....

Control unlawful violent actions by anyone, while leaving FREE SPEECH totally unhindered.

'If I call you anything, you have a right to walk away or to attempt to counter what I've said.'

But you do not have a right to physically attack me for my thoughts or my speech. Anyone doing so should be hammered for their violent act, not me for exercising my 'unalienable' right to free thinking and free speech. And the elected government has NO RIGHT to censor the unalienable rights of citizens either....
"Unalienable means not transferable or capable of being taken away or denied."

You can yell 'FIRE' in a theater, but then you can and should be hammered for doing so if there's no fire. Using that as an excuse to restrict my free speech is just another underhanded slice off the Constitutional bologna.

From the French philosopher and Enlightenment writer, Voltaire, “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it” in an attempt to calm things but also to support the principle of freedom of speech.

Oath of Office, elected or appointed to public office and those in the military:

“I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

Traitors to that oath should be punished immediately and decisively. Any attempt to change the Constitution while in public office or in the military is a US Code 2381 violation punishable by law. While other American Citizens can attempt to do so by any and all of the legal means available.

"Treason. Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000 ..."

Total lawlessness and/or the uneven application of the LAWS will end civilized society quickly, casting us all into destructive >>> CHAOS..........
The Sock Lord approves this message.

Reactions: Capt Ron 1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT