ADVERTISEMENT

We better find another QB

Apparently Emory Jones is close to decommiting from Ohio State.

He cancelled a trip to Alabama and it has been speculated it is down to us or FSU. He was interested in us two years ago but McElwain wasn't interested in him. Mullen really liked him at MSU but Emory didn't care for that program.

Fingers crossed, he plans on commiting this coming week according to a few reports.

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
And 2015 Army All American Van Jefferson from Ole Miss with 2 years of eligibility. Finally turning the corner boys!

Jones is a huge get if we can get him. He is a Mullen guy and if we had to lose Corral and strike out on Fields this is a heck of a third option.

Three years from now I can picture our two third options accepting a huge golden trophy.

This is Florida Mr. McElwain, winning a division title and getting smacked by your old boss isn't good enough. It's not "cool".

Jones is a huge get if we can get him. He is a Mullen guy and if we had to lose Corral and strike out on Fields this is a heck of a third option.

Three years from now I can picture our two third options accepting a huge golden trophy.

This is Florida Mr. McElwain, winning a division title and getting smacked by your old boss isn't good enough. It's not "cool".
Emory Jones is not the 3rd option though. Mullen wanted Jones more than Corral. Like you said Emory Jones is somebody Mullen has had his eye on.

If he comes I will be extremely happy. If Mullen can take a guy like Fitzgerald and make him great imagine what he can do with this guy.

He’s really good and can throw on the run, has a good arm, accurate. He would be a really good fit for a Dan Mullen offense.
I agree, although Mullen is good enough to shape his offense around just about anybody this guy fits the mold of a Mullen QB.

I wonder if Emory does come, how long Mullen had been counting on this? Maybe it played a part in the disconnect between he and Corral.

Imagine getting a new job that has just undergone a change in ownership or management. The person who hired you is now gone and when you meet your new boss it seems they don't really want you. They sm
ile and say all the right things but you know they have contacted other people about the job you were hired for. They wouldn't pull the offer but might create another position with duties like your own.

I imagine I might reconsider my options, even if the other option is being a manager at a Chuckee Cheese with hiring restrictions.

Had his eye on since he was a freshmen when MSU was first school to offer him.
One of the many perks of being the coach at Florida. That brand gets you in the door with almost everyone. No slight to MSU but he didn't have the same cache in Stark-Vegas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT