ADVERTISEMENT

We all have to vote for Rubio now

Wonder who he was pulling for when he attended the likes of Tarkio College and Santa Fe College?? Lmao! He's polling at what now?? 2%??

Last edited:
Reactions: goldmom
I'm not a huge fan of Rubio but he makes a great point. We need to have the FAMUs, UCFs and FSUs to educate the lesser people.

But does Rubio have a leg to stand on here? After transferring in from Sante Fe Community College, Rubio graduated with a degree in political science from Florida. Florida's political science program ranks 50th in the country. That's 10 spots behind where the Florida State political science program ranks according to this US News & World Report survey.

Rubio also graduated from Miami's School of Law. According to this US News & World Report survey Miami's law school comes in at No. 63 in the country. That's 13 spots behind where the Florida State law school ranks.

Reactions: goldmom
But does Rubio have a leg to stand on here? After transferring in from Sante Fe Community College, Rubio graduated with a degree in political science from Florida. Florida's political science program ranks 50th in the country. That's 10 spots behind where the Florida State political science program ranks according to this US News & World Report survey.

Rubio also graduated from Miami's School of Law. According to this US News & World Report survey Miami's law school comes in at No. 63 in the country. That's 13 spots behind where the Florida State law school ranks.

The fact that he trolled you is HILARIOUS.

Are you actually trying to disprove a "zinger"?

It's pretty well known UF is IN GENERAL more difficult to get into than FSU. Get over it.

Reactions: MJWilliamson
It might actually be the most brilliant thing he has ever said. I get the zinger...and it is good. Voting for Trump will be a better zinger though.

I already gave you the approval you seek yesterday, now you need more? You got the LBS bad man!

Seeking approval would mean there was a window of uncertainty that we weren't of value. I know we are as we are state champs so your approval offer was voluntary on your part. If you want to kiss the ring that is fine but it isn't necessary.

Reactions: danoleman
a3c00475_1.gif

Noles

Reactions: 46885
“He’s a nice kid,” said FSU President John Thrasher, who served with Rubio in Florida legislature. “I’m sure he’s frustrated by his low standing in the polls, which I believe could be a reflection of where he got his education.”

I've never seen a group of people so bent on trying to build themselves up by dragging others down. You should really do some soul searching and figure out what has you so frustrated.

“He’s a nice kid,” said FSU President John Thrasher, who served with Rubio in Florida legislature. “I’m sure he’s frustrated by his low standing in the polls, which I believe could be a reflection of where he got his education.”

Being President at fsu is like being a Special Olympics gold medal winner.

I don't have a problem with

Sorry man but that's a bad metaphor, very tasteless imo.

Those who participate in and support the Special Olympics are some of the most amazing people you'll ever meet. To have a laugh at their expense (even in your unceasing efforts to attack another university) is distasteful.

More Kirk: I find making fun of the Special Olympics distasteful.

What about raping women or beating them?

More Kirk: Oh that's cool.

Anytime Thrasher's name comes up, I remember this post from when Florida was looking for a President;

"So I got my letter from the UFAA regarding the President search, and I noticed something strange.

None of the finalists for President are really old Republican politicians from Florida.

This concerns me greatly, as I believe it will hinder UF's ability to raise funds. After all, that is a major advantage when you hire a President who has been in a safe Republican district in Florida for decades, because you know THAT GUY will be a major fund-raiser.

The list of 3 finalists is just FULL of guys with academic credentials, what with being Provosts and Presidents at other schools. I mean, these guys may make great "Presidents" of UF, but I'll bet they won't be able to raise funds like a 70 year old Republican who has never held a national office, but has spent decades in the Florida House and Senate.

This is embarrassing. How can we possibly hire the best President when there are no politicians on the list of finalists?"

Rubio was just doing a little math, UF grads living in Florida far outnumber FSU grads and have a lot more voting power and a lot more political clout.

Thrasher later said the banter is all in good fun.

"I think Marco's a very gifted young man, no question about it. But, our folks took a little bit of exception to what he had to say," Thrasher said. You know, maybe they are over sensitized about the Florida/FSU relationship over so many years. So, I had to respond back and I hope he takes it in the spirit in which it was given."

MAYBE FSU fans are oversensitized?

It's funny how Thrasher blasts Rubio for being critical of FSU, then Thrasher attempts to insult UF.

That's like saying, "It's really classless to make fun of someone's special needs child. By the way, your son is a retard."

Reactions: GatorGray
It's funny how Thrasher blasts Rubio for being critical of FSU, then Thrasher attempts to insult UF.

That's like saying, "It's really classless to make fun of someone's special needs child. By the way, your son is a retard."

Parents of retards are this country's most valuable resource. The insensitivity reflected in this post turns my stomach and makes me want to crawl under my desk and weep.

Any Nole that is seriously bent over Rubio's comment nned to butch the hell hell up and stop being such a PC beta wuss.

If it's not true, why get upset?

When a General that graduated from Westpoint dogs on the Naval Academy, do sailors that graduated from Annapolis start crying like little bitches?

Reactions: BringBackBonner
Parents of retards are this country's most valuable resource. The insensitivity reflected in this post turns my stomach and makes me want to crawl under my desk and weep.

Well, I am one of your described "valuable resources" and I don't weep. I just understood what he was saying. Your wording, however....

Reactions: BringBackBonner
Last night on the debate they asked each candidate what they would like their "moniker" to be to the Secret Service since the presidents all get a nickname by the SS, Rubio said he would want his to be "Gator". He just got my vote!

Reactions: djegators
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT