2. Clemson
3. Oklahoma
4. Georgia
5. Ohio State
6. Texas A&M

12. Florida

16. LSU

Florida 2021 schedule Key games: Georgia, @ LSU, Bama

Not sure what to think of our chances here with all the the new starters coming in 2021 - especially on offense where it will be a big rollover to almost all Mullen recruited players.

Having Bama even at home is likely a loss and this would be a nice year to get LSU at home instead of on the road. Not sure what to think of Georgia but that QB looked a little serviceable late in the season and you would think their run game would have to improve some. The rest of the SEC East doesnt look to be that good at all.

Georgia also has a really weak SEC schedule so we better win the head to head and hopefully keep it to one SEC loss which won't be easy with Bama on the schedule.

1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. Oklahoma
4. Georgia
5. Ohio State
6. Texas A&M

12. Florida

16. LSU

Florida 2021 schedule Key games: Georgia, @ LSU, Bama

Not sure what to think of our chances here with all the the new starters coming in 2021 - especially on offense where it will be a big rollover to almost all Mullen recruited players.

Having Bama even at home is likely a loss and this would be a nice year to get LSU at home instead of on the road. Not sure what to think of Georgia but that QB looked a little serviceable late in the season and you would think their run game would have to improve some. The rest of the SEC East doesnt look to be that good at all.

Georgia also has a really weak SEC schedule so we better win the head to head and hopefully keep it to one SEC loss which won't be easy with Bama on the schedule.

With the expectation of another average-at-best defense and an offense missing all the playmakers, I don't think we can expect a whole lot. Particularly if we have Jones starting at QB. I just don't see him leading scoring drives. I'm hoping Richardson continues to progress and he wins the job. He could make some things happen.

Reactions: Gator Fever
I dont think there is any chance of u guys being 12th.... You lost 3 of the best offensive players in the country.... Still have Grantham. Top 25 team for sure (depends on QB). Logically the Gators would take a step back but Mullen has a way of lifting the floor of his team.

The SEC cross over games really define your season. The married games need to go. Would really like to see more sec west teams in rotation.

I dont think there is any chance of u guys being 12th.... You lost 3 of the best offensive players in the country.... Still have Grantham. Top 25 team for sure (depends on QB). Logically the Gators would take a step back but Mullen has a way of lifting the floor of his team.
As of right now we are no longer rebuilding. We are reloading. The offense will be solid for years to come under Mullen. I'm not sure what to think about the D. Gonna need some help there.

As of right now we are no longer rebuilding. We are reloading. The offense will be solid for years to come under Mullen. I'm not sure what to think about the D. Gonna need some help there.

You are not reloading at 8 and 4 with a beat down to OU while losing to a 3 win team and you on a 3 game losing streak. If that is reloading, then so are we. You dont have a Tony waiting in the wings or a pitts... QB wont be as good but as ibsaid... Mullen will have u guys ready to compete

You are not reloading at 8 and 4 with a beat down to OU while losing to a 3 win team and you on a 3 game losing streak. If that is reloading, then so are we. You dont have a Tony waiting in the wings or a pitts... QB wont be as good but as ibsaid... Mullen will have u guys ready to compete

Agree. We are not reloading. As for your statement on QB's and the offense, I agree it won't be as good if going strictly on a production measure. But if looking at effectiveness, if we can control the ball and put together time consuming drives, keeping our defense off the field, the offense could be as effective next year as it was this past year. But not with Jones, I fear. From what I see, we can do a lot with the kid, he has good wheels and has a natural instinct for running the ball, between the 20's I can see us being pretty good. But he seems to have difficulty thinking on his feet, and in the red zone improvisation is really needed. I really feel Richardson has all the physical gifts that Jones has, plus is a bigger body, and also seems to be able to handle things when a play breaks down. But of course all of that is from one game for Richardson, so who knows for sure. I am really interested in Spring ball, these two guys are going to get the majority of snaps and should have the full offense available rather than a package.

To be 100% clear on this, I don't GAS who wins the job, I just want the best guy out there. Right now I think it's Richardson, but if it's Jones, or even a frosh, totally fine with it.

LSU finished 5-5.

The SEC cross over games really define your season. The married games need to go. Would really like to see more sec west teams in rotation.

It may be time for the divisions to go. There would be a lot more freedom to schedule with one 14 team conference rather than two 7 team divisions. Basketball has shown that. Then the two best teams play for the SEC title.

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
Agree. We are not reloading. As for your statement on QB's and the offense, I agree it won't be as good if going strictly on a production measure. But if looking at effectiveness, if we can control the ball and put together time consuming drives, keeping our defense off the field, the offense could be as effective next year as it was this past year. But not with Jones, I fear. From what I see, we can do a lot with the kid, he has good wheels and has a natural instinct for running the ball, between the 20's I can see us being pretty good. But he seems to have difficulty thinking on his feet, and in the red zone improvisation is really needed. I really feel Richardson has all the physical gifts that Jones has, plus is a bigger body, and also seems to be able to handle things when a play breaks down. But of course all of that is from one game for Richardson, so who knows for sure. I am really interested in Spring ball, these two guys are going to get the majority of snaps and should have the full offense available rather than a package.

To be 100% clear on this, I don't GAS who wins the job, I just want the best guy out there. Right now I think it's Richardson, but if it's Jones, or even a frosh, totally fine with it.

Its yrs like next yr where Mullen will make his money. Hes a so good at taking non elite teams and winning 8 to 10 games with them. The offense will definitely take a step back, not sure about defense

Its yrs like next yr where Mullen will make his money. Hes a so good at taking non elite teams and winning 8 to 10 games with them. The offense will definitely take a step back, not sure about defense

If the defense takes a step back, God help us.

Reactions: fsu939913
11-1 or 10-2 while going to Atlanta.
Spanking the legghumprs in Jax again.

After checking the projected roster:

Offense:
OL Is younger but improved
WR's as good with solid good quality depth.
TE's slight drop, but not by much, excellent (5-6) depth.
RB's better and deeper with top quality, (addition of 2 former 5-stars)
QB's combined, as good. Small drop in passing made up for by QB runs.
Both QB's will play, and more than last season. Jones 1A - Richardson 1B.
Del Rio-Wilson & Kitna competing for the #3 mop-up slot. Willing runners with big arms.

Defense: (McLame's leftovers are mostly gone)
DT's better depth and better quality.
DE's/OLB---BUCK loaded to the gills with quality & depth.
LB Better depth, and quality constantly improving.
S better depth and quality, with a new coach.
CB Rock solid starters with top quality depth, with a new coach.
DB-U is back and so UF will again lead the SEC in sacks with the aggressive Grantham defense.

Special Teams is an early question, but I don't see much of a drop off with the kickers.
The Return game will need a returner to step up.
I was hoping it would be Jaylin Jackson 5-9 187, but he's in the xfer portal due to a lack of playing time.
I would love to see him stay. I saw some PR Brandon James in him as a recruit, and maybe even a little smaller Percy/Toney too... (Re-recruit him and get him on the field.)

PS
Being positive but incorrect costs me nothing.
While being correct buys me absolutely nothing.
Bragging rights on a msg-board is only putz-worthy....

• Haha
Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
11-1 or 10-2 while going to Atlanta.
Spanking the legghumprs in Jax again.

After checking the projected roster:

Offense:
OL Is younger but improved
WR's as good with solid good quality depth.
TE's slight drop, but not by much, excellent (5-6) depth.
RB's better and deeper with top quality, (addition of 2 former 5-stars)
QB's combined, as good. Small drop in passing made up for by QB runs.
Both QB's will play, and more than last season. Jones 1A - Richardson 1B.
Del Rio-Wilson & Kitna competing for the #3 mop-up slot. Willing runners with big arms.

Defense: (McLame's leftovers are mostly gone)
DT's better depth and better quality.
DE's/OLB---BUCK loaded to the gills with quality & depth.
LB Better depth, and quality constantly improving.
S better depth and quality, with a new coach.
CB Rock solid starters with top quality depth, with a new coach.
DB-U is back and so UF will again lead the SEC in sacks with the aggressive Grantham defense.

Special Teams is an early question, but I don't see much of a drop off with the kickers.
The Return game will need a returner to step up.
I was hoping it would be Jaylin Jackson 5-9 187, but he's in the xfer portal due to a lack of playing time.
I would love to see him stay. I saw some PR Brandon James in him as a recruit, and maybe even a little smaller Percy/Toney too... (Re-recruit him and get him on the field.)

PS
Being positive but incorrect costs me nothing.
While being correct buys me absolutely nothing.
Bragging rights on a msg-board is only putz-worthy....

I do agree with you on the run game. Seems like the RBs will be better.

The RB's were/are good enough. The problems with the running game depended more on the OL's blocking than on the ability or quality of the RB's. Now the 2 additions make that even more true imo.

#26 RB Malik Davis 5-10 205 rsJr *** (Dabo tried to flip him)
#8 RB Daemon Pierce 5-10 215 Jr ****
#16 RB Nay'Quan Wright 5-9 195 rsFr ****
-----
#2 RB Lorenzo Lingard 6-0 203 rsSo ***** - Miami xfer
#3 RB Demarkus Bowman 5-10 190 4.5/40 ***** - Clemson xfer

All 5 are proven receivers out of the backfield.
Davis could slide into the under-rated WR/RB Toney *** slot imo, and he probably should.

IF any team tried to load up on the RB's, then those 2 QB's can burn them on the R/P options.
Jones has a career 5.6 ypc so far at UF, and Richardson is 6-4 234 and runs like a deer....

I do agree with you on the run game. Seems like the RBs will be better.

IMO, the problem with our run game was that Mullen's schemes depend on a running QB. When Jones was in the game we could run the ball. Not sure whether the RB's will qualitatively be better next year than this, but I am expecting better production due to scheme.

I think offensively we will be every bit as good, just in a very different way. Defensively I have no clue what to expect. We added a couple of transfers that should help, and we did play several young guys, but not sure if that is enough to make us better there.

I think offensively we will be every bit as good, just in a very different way. Defensively I have no clue what to expect. We added a couple of transfers that should help, and we did play several young guys, but not sure if that is enough to make us better there.

I dont think there is any possible way to be as good offensively. I think Mullen will still make you effective.

I dont think there is any possible way to be as good offensively.
I think Mullen will still make you effective.

As good offensively covers a lot of ground dude.
Points scored per game or season?
The W/L record?
Rushing or Passing?

Me and everyone else knows it's going to be a different offense in 2021.
Less passing stats maybe, but more rushing stats probably.

Questions that we all have include:
Which of the 4 QB's starts and/or takes most of the snaps?
Which of the 5-6 RB's leads the way?
How many of the RB's will the 'run by committee' include?
How good and deep will the WR room end up being?
Who among the 5-6 TE's comes to the front, and how many will get snaps?
Will the somewhat younger OL gel quickly, and be better?
Spring should be interesting, but it will be Fall camp before things even begin to settle out.

As good offensively covers a lot of ground dude.
Points scored per game or season?
The W/L record?
Rushing or Passing?

Me and everyone else knows it's going to be a different offense in 2021.
Less passing stats maybe, but more rushing stats probably.

Questions that we all have include:
Which of the 4 QB's starts and/or takes most of the snaps?
Which of the 5-6 RB's leads the way?
How many of the RB's will the 'run by committee' include?
How good and deep will the WR room end up being?
Who among the 5-6 TE's comes to the front, and how many will get snaps?
Will the somewhat younger OL gel quickly, and be better?
Spring should be interesting, but it will be Fall camp before things even begin to settle out.

I think UFs offense this yr was top of the line as far as points being scored and points against good defenses. That will definitely go down unless the new QB is elite and im not sure UF has that. I dont think its a knock to say your offense will go down in output after your best QB probably ever leaves the team. Also pitts and tony leaving. Of course the offense will look different and i 100% expect the run game to be very good and carry the offense next yr but that doesnt mean the out put will be the same.

I dont think there is any possible way to be as good offensively. I think Mullen will still make you effective.

I tried earlier to make the distinction between productive and effective. Productive, no. Effective, maybe.

Running - Passing - Receiving.
Sometimes people forget that just because you have QB/ WR turnover, it doesn't necessarily mean that the passing/receiving will go down.

2019 4 WR's + a 40 Rec RB went on to the NFL.
2020 = 4,000+ passing yds with 43 TD's.
Now 2 WR's + a TE to the NFL, RB's??
2021 Might be close to as good, but with different players filling the rolls.

RB questions include:
Does either or both Davis and Pierce return or jump to the NFL?
I'd like to see Davis attempt to fill Toney's spot.
Is there another player that might go there?

Pierce - 4.7 ypc, 4 TD's, L-38
Rec - 17 for 156 yds, 9.2 yds/rec, 1 TD, L-35
-----
Davis - 4.7 ypc, 0 TD's, L-39
Rec - 31 for 377, 12.2 yds/rec, 0 TD, L-39
-----
Wright - 3.9 ypc, 2 TD's, L-26
Rec - 19 for 219 yds, 11.5 yds/rec, 0 TD's. L-50

RB's receiving combined for 67 for 752 yds.
That was more receptions and yards than the #2 WR had (Grimes)

-----
Both were 5-stars, but not a lot to make a judgment on yet.
Lorenzo - 5 for 34 yds, 6.4 ypc, 0 TD's, L-13
Bowman - 9 for 32 yds, 3.6 ypc @ Clempson, L-10
(could Bowman go to the Percy/Toney position?)
-----
Jones - Rush - 32 for 220 yds, 6.8 ypc, 2 TD's, L-22
Pass - 18 of 32, 56.25%, 221 yds, 12.3 yds/comp, 2 TD's, L-30
-----
Richardson - Rush - 7 for 61 yds, 8.7 ypc, 0 TD's, L-28
Pass - 1 of 2 for 27 yds, 27.0 yds/comp1 TD, L-27 in Cotton Bowl
-----
Del Rio-Wilson & Kitna are yet to be seen.
-----
TE Gamble 10 for 160 yds, 16 yds/rec, 3 TD's, L-34
TE Zipperer 11 for 145 yds, 13.2 yds/rec, 2 TD's, L-39
With 3 more Fr behind them.

So we'll just have to wait and see how it all unfolds.
But the iG says; 'No worries mates' ;)

I tried earlier to make the distinction between productive and effective. Productive, no. Effective, maybe.
Yes we aren’t likely going to put up the yards, points and etc that we did this year but we could be more balanced on offense. I anticipate our offense will still be very good. With Mullen I’m confident in the offensive side of the ball. We all know what side of the ball needs to improve.

Reactions: fsu939913
Yes we aren’t likely going to put up the yards, points and etc that we did this year but we could be more balanced on offense. I anticipate our offense will still be very good. With Mullen I’m confident in the offensive side of the ball. We all know what side of the ball needs to improve.
This is pretty well said. But what has Mullen done to improve your incredibly weak and ruptured Achilles heel? Two coaching changes won’t improve the nonsensical schemes I watched this season. Trying to remove my obvious bias but it honestly looks like Mullen is ok with Florida being the new Oklahoma.

IMO, the problem with our run game was that Mullen's schemes depend on a running QB. When Jones was in the game we could run the ball. Not sure whether the RB's will qualitatively be better next year than this, but I am expecting better production due to scheme.

Wish there was a breakdown of what the RBs themselves averaged in still competitive games when Jones was under center and if there was a big difference. Rushing will go up a lot next season but obviously much of it will be Jones. Should help the RBs some as far as per carry averages having that big QB run threat.

This is pretty well said. But what has Mullen done to improve your incredibly weak and ruptured Achilles heel? Two coaching changes won’t improve the nonsensical schemes I watched this season. Trying to remove my obvious bias but it honestly looks like Mullen is ok with Florida being the new Oklahoma.
It’s a wait and see. Honestly the defense probably can’t get much worse. We have nowhere to go but up.
In all honesty I’m not sure anybody is doing much of anything until Saban retires. He just owns college football right now.

Reactions: fsumc
It’s a wait and see. Honestly the defense probably can’t get much worse. We have nowhere to go but up.
In all honesty I’m not sure anybody is doing much of anything until Saban retires. He just owns college football right now.

I thought that about about us as well..... Then we gave up 21 yards per play over the span of a quarter and a half to a 3 win team...... Yikes. I guess using the logic of your offense regressing, the same logic could be used for your defense improving. I just hope we play next yr and i hope we arent trash can status

I’m thinking our offense will be very difficult to defend. More threat from the running game ( can’t wait to see Bowman and Lingard join Davis, Pierce, and Wright). Also Richardson is going to make some noise. Bank on it this kid is the real deal.

Gators 2021 schedule:

Home - FAU, Samford, Georgia*, FSU, Bama, TN & Vandy
Away - USF, SC, KY, Mizzu and LSU

Georgia 2021 schedule:

Home - UAB, Charleston, Florida*, Arkansas, KY, Mizzu, SC
Away - TN, Vandy, Auburn, GT & (Clemson in NC)
---------------------------------

Looking at the schedules again we appear to have caught even more bad luck than I thought.

Besides the Bama game we are the team that catch KY and Mizzu on the road and they appear to be the only teams that on paper anyway look like they could be decent enough in 2021 to pull an upset. I doubt any of those other lower SEC teams are capable of a surprise season and an upset win over either team. Then you have Georgia playing Clemson but a loss won't affect them at all as far as winning the East.

So unless we pulled a really big upset in addition to beating Georgia we have to beat LSU on the road most likely and the 2 other SEC East teams that may have a pulse on the road also while Georgia gets them at home and has no LSU level team with Auburn likely to be a mess next season.

Crazy stuff as it points to Georgia probably having the better chance to win the East even if they lose the game to us.

With the expectation of another average-at-best defense and an offense missing all the playmakers, I don't think we can expect a whole lot. Particularly if we have Jones starting at QB. I just don't see him leading scoring drives. I'm hoping Richardson continues to progress and he wins the job. He could make some things happen.
Next guy always looks sexier...Jones hasn't been in the trenches much yet and on a very limited basis. We'll see what we have with him but he has experience. We really just don't know what he can do as far as drives go. I think he's done an excellent job so far.

While the criminoles are looking to take over WF's or Dukie's place in the Almost Competitive Conference.
If they make a huge comeback in 2021, maybe they can finish with a winning record and some chump bowl... 🤣

In Grantham’s 1st 2 seasons as UF's DC, the defense has registered 49 takeaways, tied for 6th-most in the nation over that span. With a turnover margin of plus-12 in 2018 and plus-5 in 2019, UF also finished with a turnover margin of at least plus-five in back-to-back seasons for the first time since 2014 and 2015. In 2019, Todd's defense finished 7th nationally in scoring defense with 3 shut-outs. That's hardly a Big-12-10-whatever defense.... 😏

As to the two new coaches, along with the DB's recruited in the last 2 classes:

Florida finished 2019 tied for 9th in the FBS with 16 interceptions and was only one of 6 FBS teams with at least 3 interceptions in 3 games that year.

~~ The 2021 DB quality and depth, along with fresh coaches, will bring DB-U back to it's usual standards.

When you have to go back two to three seasons to defend something...

When you try to forget 30+ years of coaching history...
When you need to put on elephant ear size blinders in an attempt to diss on a Top 10 defense coach...
When you have to totally ignore the 2020 Communist Red Chinese Kung Flu Scamdemic..... :rolleyes:

Tnen you look like what you really are, a totally biased fsucks criminole on a Gator board.

PS
2018 = FSUcks 14 Pts vs Todds Defense
2019 = FSUcks 17 Pts vs Todd's Defense.
So I can see why you'd vote for UF firing Todd ASAP.... 🤓

Next guy always looks sexier...Jones hasn't been in the trenches much yet and on a very limited basis. We'll see what we have with him but he has experience. We really just don't know what he can do as far as drives go. I think he's done an excellent job so far.

I see a guy who makes a decision pre-snap on what he's going to do and then does it, even with an RPO call. Now, could that be because he's had a limited playbook and not getting a lot of snaps? Absolutely. And let me tell you, I would LOVE to be wrong. I honestly, honestly, do not care who plays QB, as long as they do it well. I back no horse in this race, I just want the winner to be Secretariat. I don't care if it's Jones, Richardson, Del Rio, or hell, have a walk on turn into a 5 star. Just win, baby.

Reactions: Dannygator1989
Kitna in 2021.... ;)

My own personal bias, and it is personal 'eyeball' bias, is Richardson.
(qualifier to that is waiting to see how Rio-Wilson and Kitna do in the Spring)

However, I'm always going to be for letting the 'Best Man Win' at every position, every time.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT