ADVERTISEMENT

waiting for 2024

CMBgator73

Rowdy Reptile
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2021
This is an honest question for everyone in the know. I have considered myself over the years to lean towards being a positive and very supportive, and giving each staff time to work things out, good or bad i was behind and supported all 3 of the last coaches almost to a fault. I have observed over the last year and a half that Billys plan was always to wait until 2024, tying his success as a coach to DJ Langway. Billy himself has alluded to and even recognizing that an OC was needed after his first year. It 100% should have been implemented this offseason, just like the on field ST coach. with that being said, what gives us this confidence that a new OC combined with a True Freshman DJ Langway will be enough for us to make 2024 a successful season? Especially with the brutal 2024 schedule that looms. Don't get me wrong, DJ is a generational type of talent and to me would be equivalent to bringing in Tim Tebow for us. The comparison with Timmy in 2006, he did everything right, attitude, leadership, work ethic, and still as a True Freshman, wasn't ready to fully take the reins of the program by himself. Tim paired with Leak was an absolutely perfect combination that propelled us to a phenomenal season. What exactly gives us the confidence that 2024 will be the second coming of 2006 for us (not that it needs to be 2006). The Oline by itself is 100% not as good as last year's line, unfortunately the success on the line is pending on Kingsley and as he goes, so goes our Oline. This alone does not instill the confidence for me to see 2024 as the successful year people are saying it will be. I truly hope that i am wrong bc I am tired of getting bullied and beat down by the KY's and lower tiered SEC programs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News