ADVERTISEMENT

Very SUPER Bowl!

no, those classics always happen against us just like that...

so happens the Head coach and a few starters were Gators, Poole was the one that gave up a lot of clutch plays to the pats in the end.

Greatest Super Bowl of all-time.

25 point come back.

First over time game ever.

A catch that beats out the Tyree catch in 07 that beat the Patriots.

31 unanswered points.

Brady through for (I think) 191 yards in the 4th.

History was made and I love it (wouldn't have minded if the Falcons won).

Seriously the most incredible Super Bowl I've ever seen, and Brady cements himself as the greatest of all time.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Loved the way it played out. Shanahan (Atlanta OC) should have just run the ball with a big lead instead of calling pass plays in short yardage situations. That was the case when Ryan fumbled and later when they were within field goal range and had a holding penalty and Ryan got sacked I like the Falcons, but LOVE the Patriots. In the modern age of free agency where there is so much turnover of personnel every year, it's truly amazing what Belechik, Brady & Co. have done.

Last edited:
Who was having PTSD watching Poole get multiple holding calls and get beat over and over not finding the ball?
I never thought Poole was that good at Florida and am surprised he made an NFL roster. But Quinn saw something there and he obviously knows more about players than me. Poole has had a good rookie year, although he didn't play well last night. There were a couple more holding calls against him that could have been made that weren't.

...and if Altlanta doesn't try to pass once they got into field goal range that last time, the game would have been over...horrible set of play calls by ATL.

Once Julio Jones caught that amazing pass, everything QUICKLY went to poop for Atlanta.

Freeman didn't pick up the blitzing linebacker, leading to the huge sack.

Atlanta was playing dumb at the end. There was at least 2 times their runners should have stayed inbounds. Their kickoff returns were terrible.

They threw it on 3rd and 1 from their own 36, resulting in a sack fumble...and the JUJU was firmly in play.

Reactions: sadgator
Once Julio Jones caught that amazing pass, everything QUICKLY went to poop for Atlanta.

Freeman didn't pick up the blitzing linebacker, leading to the huge sack.

Atlanta was playing dumb at the end. There was at least 2 times their runners should have stayed inbounds. Their kickoff returns were terrible.

They threw it on 3rd and 1 from their own 36, resulting in a sack fumble...and the JUJU was firmly in play.

Once Brady got out of his funk, and they started getting some points on the board, the Falcons quickly lost it mentally....once the Pats were in their heads, they were done, it was just a matter of the score board reflecting it.

Saw a stat where Atlanta ran the ball 4 times the rest of the game once they went up 28-3, damn that's dumb. They actually threw on another 3rd and 1 that doesn't get talked about that stalled a drive. And they kept snapping the ball with 20+ secs on the clock the whole second half too. Their OC lost them the game.

Who was having PTSD watching Poole get multiple holding calls and get beat over and over not finding the ball?
How come sadgator barely had any recollection of Poole even playing at Florida?!?!? It was so weird...when sadgator jr pointed out that Poole was a gator, sadgator literally had no memory of him...felt like early onset Alzheimer's. Perhaps a subconscious mental block from the Muschamp days.

How come sadgator barely had any recollection of Poole even playing at Florida?!?!? It was so weird...when sadgator jr pointed out that Poole was a gator, sadgator literally had no memory of him...felt like early onset Alzheimer's. Perhaps a subconscious mental block from the Muschamp days.

Poole is forever burned in my memory. No lie in his 4 years here any time there was pass interference there was a 90% chance it was Poole. Not much has changed apparently. He got hit with a couple holdings last night and could have called for a few more too.

Saw a stat where Atlanta ran the ball 4 times the rest of the game once they went up 28-3, damn that's dumb. They actually threw on another 3rd and 1 that doesn't get talked about that stalled a drive. And they kept snapping the ball with 20+ secs on the clock the whole second half too. Their OC lost them the game.
The announcers were praising Kyle Shanahan for his playcalling and innovation most of the game, but from about halfway through the 3rd quarter on, I thought it was terrible. The way they had been running the ball and with the lead they had, why abandon the run? It cost them big time. The passing play where Ryan fumbled was a 2nd or 3rd and short. Then after the Jones catch they were in easy field goal range, then called 2 pass plays that got a holding call and then a sack. The Patriots comeback and poise under pressure was amazing, but the Falcons blew it with bad calls and MVP Ryan not running the play clock down more between snaps late in the 4th. I agree with you, Oozie, although I'm glad New England won.

Poole was only playing because Desmond Trufant got injured earlier in the season and everyone had to move up a slot. So ATL played 4 rookies on defense, which was a SuperBowl record.

For a role player, Poole did well this year for ATL. Neal was amazing, even though he didn't have a great SuperBowl. Not a Gator fan but Quinn got a lot of value out of those two. Neal, of course, was a first round pick and I think Poole was undrafted. He was only supposed to be a reserve but played a lot. At the end of the game, he played a ton because NE was in tempo and ATL couldn't substitute, and because ATL needed him out there situationally anyway.

Wow, I thought the exact same thing...I literally thought about Stacey Poole from the hoops team while I was matriculating.

how can you possibly forget "PI Poole"

should have remembered him from my bitching rants alone

Pats still took him away like they do everyones top players, 3 of his catches he had to flat out earn them and take the ball away from the defenders bracketing him. He only had 4 targets and all of them were receptions, they took Antonio Brown away the same way, they will belichick will ALWAYS take away your best weapon and force you to beat them with others. He's the best football coach on the planet by far and the last of a dying breed that knows how to coach all facets of the game equally as a head coach. The Pats should have lost last night but they still aren't done even with a 40 year old QB...

...and even though ATL lost, how good is Julio Jones...sadgator hates to say it, but he is everything that Percy Harvin should have been. Lights out, one of the best skill position players sadgator had ever seen.

Percy and julio are just two completely different players. What was sad gator thinking here?

Pats still took him away like they do everyones top players, 3 of his catches he had to flat out earn them and take the ball away from the defenders bracketing him. He only had 4 targets and all of them were receptions, they took Antonio Brown away the same way, they will belichick will ALWAYS take away your best weapon and force you to beat them with others. He's the best football coach on the planet by far and the last of a dying breed that knows how to coach all facets of the game equally as a head coach. The Pats should have lost last night but they still aren't done even with a 40 year old QB...

Pats made a bunch of early mistakes. Fumble, multiple dropped passes, pick six. Falcons made them late, i thought Atlanta should of lost becuz of how poorly they played in the second half, they played worse than the pats did in the first half. Are u saying the pats shoukd of lost becuz they played bad first?

Pats made a bunch of early mistakes. Fumble, multiple dropped passes, pick six. Falcons made them late, i thought Atlanta should of lost becuz of how poorly they played in the second half, they played worse than the pats did in the first half. Are u saying the pats shoukd of lost becuz they played bad first?

They should have lost because of the countless mistakes that kept happening for almost 3 full quarters, luckily for them the Falcons had more in them.

They should have lost because of the countless mistakes that kept happening for almost 3 full quarters, luckily for them the Falcons had more in them.

Yup...all about the timing....Pats had as many, if not more mistakes, but they were spread out over the first three quarters....Falcons were awesome, and then fell apart in the 4th.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT