ADVERTISEMENT

Urbans palpitations...

Meyer’s shelf life is about up. Great coach and one of the best ever but starting last year the Ohio St program is starting to regress.

Noticed that OSU looked beat down and tired the last 5-10 mins of the game. Like their conditioning was shot and they wanted out of the game.

Yep they kind of looked like their heads were never really in this game. That one player was killing them on Purdue. I can't imagine Harbaugh if they lose to OSU again.

If enough of these conferences have 2 loss champions an undefeated UCF might be voted into the playoff despite their schedule.

In 100 years of football before Urban the Gators won 1 NC, in Urban's 6 years they won 2, the fact that you losers hate on him is ridiculous

Well I make jokes here and there but do appreciate the 2 championships. I think Gator fans wouldn't mess with him as much if he would have just been more honest about why he was leaving. Spurrier got unlucky there wasn't a 4 team playoff when he was around or no telling how many championships he would have played for. Also being locked into the Sugar Bowl didn't help during most of those years if you weren't # 1 going into your bowl game.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
The biggest fallacy in the history of Gator Football.

Urban never lied about his leaving. Not once...not ever...

Gator fans that think so are butt hurt simpletons.

100% lied.

If you're concerned that your job is detrimental to your health and you want to retire and spend time with your family, you don't then go get a job as an analyst and a year later immediately jump back into coaching at one of the top programs there is with a ton of stress.

If that's your idea of being honest, then I don't know what to tell you.

Dude even admitted that the Florida program was falling apart when he left. Come on man.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
He didn’t win those 2 NCs the players did and Ron Zook would have won those 2 NCs with those players!!! Trust me it was not his play callingbecause if it was then let’s recal his plays, same ones, lost to Saban in ‘09!!!

100% lied.

If you're concerned that your job is detrimental to your health and you want to retire and spend time with your family, you don't then go get a job as an analyst and a year later immediately jump back into coaching at one of the top programs there is with a ton of stress.

If that's your idea of being honest, then I don't know what to tell you.

Dude even admitted that the Florida program was falling apart when he left. Come on man.

Life was a lot easier for Meyer at Florida in 2006 when he had Mullen and Tebow. By 2009 he realized that life was going to be a lot harder recruiting and coaching against Saban without Tebow and Mullen. I think that 2009 SECCG was when he decided to leave Florida.

He didn’t win those 2 NCs the players did and Ron Zook would have won those 2 NCs with those players!!! Trust me it was not his play callingbecause if it was then let’s recal his plays, same ones, lost to Saban in ‘09!!!
Hilarious. You get give Zook an NFL team and he wouldn’t have won a national title. Don’t be so foolish.

The biggest fallacy in the history of Gator Football.

Urban never lied about his leaving. Not once...not ever...

Gator fans that think so are butt hurt simpletons.

He knew he was going to coach again whether at OSU or ND.

Yep they kind of looked like their heads were never really in this game. That one player was killing them on Purdue. I can't imagine Harbaugh if they lose to OSU again.

If enough of these conferences have 2 loss champions an undefeated UCF might be voted into the playoff despite their schedule.

Interesting. In order to finish undefeated UCF will have to beat or will have beaten...

@NC
Pitt
@Memphis
Temple
Navy
Cincy
@USF
Likely Houston in AAC title game

Some solid teams there but really they had better credentials last year where their two wins over a Memphis were much more worthy. Their best chance this year if for Memphis to losing only to Houston. They need USF to remain undefeated which would possibly make them top 15 when they play and they need Houston to be only a 2 loss team which might have them top 20 in AAC title game. Houston plays USF this week.

That finishing kick would be their only chance to be top four. And be because they would finish pretty strong that could silence the moaners no argue an Ohio State team that was crushed by a Purdue team that UCF would beat a little more silent.

But. It is not likely. They needed another big win.

He knew he was going to coach again whether at OSU or ND.

He didn’t say he was never going to coach again. The guy literally almost killed himself trying to keep the Gators on top. Is he all about himself? Yes. But he was all about himself when he won those 2 chips, and I don’t hear anyone trying to give those back.

Reactions: sadgator
Interesting. In order to finish undefeated UCF will have to beat or will have beaten...

@NC
Pitt
@Memphis
Temple
Navy
Cincy
@USF
Likely Houston in AAC title game

Some solid teams there but really they had better credentials last year where their two wins over a Memphis were much more worthy. Their best chance this year if for Memphis to losing only to Houston. They need USF to remain undefeated which would possibly make them top 15 when they play and they need Houston to be only a 2 loss team which might have them top 20 in AAC title game. Houston plays USF this week.

That finishing kick would be their only chance to be top four. And be because they would finish pretty strong that could silence the moaners no argue an Ohio State team that was crushed by a Purdue team that UCF would beat a little more silent.

But. It is not likely. They needed another big win.

Hard to say but I think 2 undefeated seasons in a row and the bowl win last year would have the voters give them a spot if it came down to them and a 2 loss Power 5 conference winner. I think its more likely thay might till lose a game but it will be interesting if they don't.

Just guessing looking ahead I would think Bama and Clemson are undefeated or one loss at most for sure. Notre Dame could end up with one loss possibly. PAC 12 will probably not have anyone in. UCF probably has to hope the Big 12 and Big 10 don't produce a 1 loss team.

Reactions: Denny7476
He didn’t say he was never going to coach again. The guy literally almost killed himself trying to keep the Gators on top. Is he all about himself? Yes. But he was all about himself when he won those 2 chips, and I don’t hear anyone trying to give those back.
I believe he knew full well he intended to coach again. Its not that big a deal to me as he is his own person and if he wanted to leave that was his decision.

Please provide the actual “lie” statement made by Utban...

He left for his health and to spend more time with his family.

I guess taking an analyst job and then a year later getting right back into coaching was all he needed time-wise with his family and for his health.

Told Muschamp the program was broken.

If you can't connect the dots, then I'm sorry.

Just how good is UCF, really?

7-0, 4-0 AAC--UCF 31 - 30 Memphis

4-3, 0-3 SEC--Mizz 65 - 33 Memphis

Oct 6th, coming off their bye week, Mizzou lost to 3-3, 2-3 SEC SCa.... :rolleyes:

Hopefully, the CFP Committee is not as stupid as the AP Media-Morons... :cool:

So he was all about himself, but almost killed himself for the Gators?

LOL Cool story, bro...

Hilarious. You get give Zook an NFL team and he wouldn’t have won a national title. Don’t be so foolish.

Zook took a tFr QB and beat 3 Top 11 teams (LSU-Ark-UG), on the road in consecutive game. That had never been done in NCAA history before. One of those 3 was 13-1 LSU in Death Valley at night, the year they won the NC (2003). It was their only loss on the season. o_O

And when he left UF, he then took over a chitty ILLINOIS program (previous 2 season combined for 4-19) and he took them to the Rose Bowl, for the first time in years...

Zook is currently with the G.B.Packers as assistant special teams coordinator.

Ron certainly had his faults, and maybe not true HC'ing material over the long term, but he's still a good football coach, and IMOHO, a great ST's coach. :cool:

Oct 6th, coming off their bye week, Mizzou lost to 3-3, 2-3 SEC SCa.... :rolleyes:

I just think the political pressure will be too much to let a team go over UCF this season if they have 2 losses which could possibly happen. As far as that transitive loss/close game theory stuff you could make all kinds of cases why someone should be ranked over someone else but being ranked high early definitely helps.

The CFP guys have kind of took the late loss dooms your chances out of the equation however and they made it clear last year that a conference championship will not overcome having an extra loss even if you had the better wins on your schedule. That only comes into play when the number of losses are the same it appears among power 5 teams.

Transitive property. Er, no.

Ohio State lost to Purdue.
Purdue lost to Eastern Michigan.
Eastern Michigan has lost a lot.

UCF is really good. Memphis is good, not great,

Stop with the anger. Really.

I just think the political pressure will be too much to let a team go over UCF this season if they have 2 losses which could possibly happen. As far as that transitive loss/close game theory stuff you could make all kinds of cases why someone should be ranked over someone else but being ranked high early definitely helps.

The CFP guys have kind of took the late loss dooms your chances out of the equation however and they made it clear last year that a conference championship will not overcome having an extra loss even if you had the better wins on your schedule. That only comes into play when the number of losses are the same it appears among power 5 teams.

UCF plays a 'JOKE' patsy filled schedule, I don't care how you or 'they' try to spin it...

#10 7-0 UCF's Monster Schedule:

1-6 UConn 56-17
2-5 SCSt 38-0 - D2
1-5 NC - Hurricane Cancelled
3-4 FAU 56-36
3-4 Pitt 45-14
3-4 SMU 48-20
4-4 Memphis 31-30
2-5 ECa 37-10
19-37 Combined
~ NOT A SINGLE TEAM WITH EVEN A WINNING RECORD!

Bye

5-3 Temple
2-5 Navy
6-1 Cincy (lost to Temple 17-24)
7-0 USF (best win 48-38, 3-4 GaTech)

AAC-C - Likely a rematch vs USF or Cincy

To have them ranked above UF is too STUPID to even discuss, unless you're a media-moron, then it's totally understandable... :confused::rolleyes::confused:

Florida up to #9 in new AP poll.

4 SEC teams in the Top 9.

Let's say Bama wins out, goes to playoffs #1.

Let's say LSU wins out after losing to Bama.

Let's say Florida beats Georgia and loses the SECCG to Bama. Let's say Georgia wins out after losing to Florida.

That puts Bama at 13-0 and #1 in the playoffs.

It puts LSU at 10-2.

Florida at 11-2.

Georgia at 10-2.

But more importantly, that should lock all 4 teams in the Top 10 going into the playoffs.

IF there continue to be upsets (and there always are, the path always clears....), then it's not a huge stretch to see the SEC getting THREE teams in the playoffs.

Of course if that happens, we will immediately see a flood of calls to expand the playoffs to 8 teams. The rest of the country has always wanted to change the rules rather than try to get on the SEC's level.

UCF won by 27 on the road and got jumped in the AP poll by a Florida team on a Bye week. I think that sends a strong message that UCF has about hit its ceiling in the rankings.

Way back in 1999 I posted on another board that an 8 team playoff was needed. o_O

The Power-5 Conf. Champs, plus the next 3 highest ranked team, irregardless of conference or no Conf. independents. In that senerio, unlikely but possible, a single Conf. could have 4 teams make the playoffs.

And I said then, that the New Year's bowls should be used as the final playoff games, adjusted as needed. Nothing has happened since to change my mind on that.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
He left for his health and to spend more time with his family.

I guess taking an analyst job and then a year later getting right back into coaching was all he needed time-wise with his family and for his health.

Told Muschamp the program was broken.

If you can't connect the dots, then I'm sorry.
He had a health issue in 2009...truth.

Took an analyst job, but there is no proof he didn’t spend more time with family...plus, never said how long he would be out...truth.

The “broken” comment has been taken totally out of context and Urban has gone on record clarifying that. The “broken” comment was made in reference to the teams’ performance after the loss to FSU in 2010...no lie.

Urban might very-well be of questionable means and character, and people are free to hold whatever negative opinions of him that they want for a number of valid reasons.

But he never lied about leaving Florida. Not once. That is a myth.

UCF has a good team but they were better last year. UCF doesn’t face a tough schedule but their schedule this year is weaker than last year because Memphis isn’t any good. At least last year Memphis had a good team. The AAC was stronger as a conference last year so all these factors are going to hurt UCF a bit.

So he was all about himself, but almost killed himself for the Gators?

LOL Cool story, bro...

I said he killed himself to keep the program on top... for himself. Do you see how both things can be true? I can try spelling phonetically for you as well if you continue to struggle keeping up.

I said he killed himself to keep the program on top... for himself. Do you see how both things can be true? I can try spelling phonetically for you as well if you continue to struggle keeping up.

If he was all in it for himself, wouldn't it logically hold that he was claiming he was having heart attacks on the sidelines as his excuse for losing the SECCG and his shot at a NC in 2009?

IIRC, the spin going into the offseason was that he was going to rest and he'd be fine for the 2010 season. Then in 2010 (without Tebow and Mullen), he had a subpar year, Saban waxed him again, and then he decided he needed to retire.

For his 'health'. The rest Danny pointed out. Also funny how to hear him tell it his family was begging him to retire before he killed himself, then a year later they are cool with him putting his life back on the line for Ohio State.

Again, cool story, bro.

Florida up to #9 in new AP poll.

4 SEC teams in the Top 9.

Let's say Bama wins out, goes to playoffs #1.

Let's say LSU wins out after losing to Bama.

Let's say Florida beats Georgia and loses the SECCG to Bama. Let's say Georgia wins out after losing to Florida.

That puts Bama at 13-0 and #1 in the playoffs.

It puts LSU at 10-2.

Florida at 11-2.

Georgia at 10-2.

But more importantly, that should lock all 4 teams in the Top 10 going into the playoffs.

IF there continue to be upsets (and there always are, the path always clears....), then it's not a huge stretch to see the SEC getting THREE teams in the playoffs.

Of course if that happens, we will immediately see a flood of calls to expand the playoffs to 8 teams. The rest of the country has always wanted to change the rules rather than try to get on the SEC's level.

A lot of ifs there but that 4th slot could possibly involve teams with 2 losses. The only way I think the CFP group would send even 2 SEC teams in that scenario would be us if the 2nd loss was to Bama in the SECCG. A 10-2 LSU would have a good argument but I think they would lean to giving it to a 2 loss Power 5 conference champion over them since they wouldn't have the extra game.

In 100 years of football before Urban the Gators won 1 NC, in Urban's 6 years they won 2, the fact that you losers hate on him is ridiculous
Nobody here regrets having Meyer when he was here. That has nothing to do with what we're talking about a hole. You're just showing up here talking trash but you sound like an idiot. Why don't you go back to making your breath smell like cock.

A lot of ifs there but that 4th slot could possibly involve teams with 2 losses. The only way I think the CFP group would send even 2 SEC teams in that scenario would be us if the 2nd loss was to Bama in the SECCG. A 10-2 LSU would have a good argument but I think they would lean to giving it to a 2 loss Power 5 conference champion over them since they wouldn't have the extra game.

Yes it could even come down to the loser of the Florida-Georgia game making the playoffs over the winner IF the winner loses in the SECCG.

I think Michigan and Notre Dame are the two teams that need to get upset, the media is in love with both and will find any way possible to get them in the playoffs, esp ND.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT