ADVERTISEMENT

Updates on weekend official visitors *4:45 PM Sunday Update*

Blake Alderman

Inside the Gators Recruiting Analyst
Feb 10, 2012
Here is the list of expected visitors at UF this weekend. I will add any others I hear of and will have a visitor preview up tomorrow when I make sure I've got everyone 100%.

Jake Allen (UF commit)
Zach Carter (UF commit)
Elijah Conlifee
Malik Davis (UF commit)
DaQuon Green (UF commit)
Christopher Henderson
Tj Moore (UF commit)
Tedarrell Slaton
Nick Smith
Marco Wilson (UF commit)

Friday 12:50: Jake Allen, Zach Carter, Malik Davis, Elijah Conliffe, and DaQuon Green will head to Gainesville today and should be in town around 3 p.m. Nick Smith Saturday. CJ Henderson drove up Thursday night.

Friday 11:30: Nick Smith and Tedarrell Slaton are the only two visitors that have not arrived. Both are expected to be on campus Saturday.

Tight end commit Zech Byrd will not be making it in this weekend. He will visit Florida next weekend instead.

Players hung out in the Swamp on Friday evening and ate dinner there. They also were able to spent time with some players as well. A few confirmed player hosts are Chauncey Gardner and Jordan Smith hosting Jake Allen, LaMical Perine is hosting Malik Davis, Jordan Scarlett is hosting Marco Wilson, CJ McWiliams is hosting Christopher Henderson, Josh Hammond is hosting DaQuon Green, and Richard Desir Jones is hosting Elijah Conliffe.

Saturday 11 AM: Prospects get the 'meat' of their visit today. They will be touring around campus meeting with academic people for their college they want to major. One of the stops they make is to Weimer Hall to the Broadcast College to hang out on the TV set.

Linebacker Nick Smith has arrived and is hosted by Chauncey Gardner.

A few underclassmen will be on campus today as well. ATH Amari Burney, four-star LB JJ Peterson, 2019 commit Jaleel McRae, 2018 four-star WR Jacob Copeland, and 2018 commit Jaylnn Williams.

Saturday 12:45 PM: Prospects are currently at the basketball game with coaches. I have confirmed that OL/DT TJ Slaton has arrived for his visit to UF.

A few other 2018 prospects on campus are 2018 DB Jordan Miner, 2018 DB Gurvan Hall, and 2018 WR Warren Thompson.

Sunday 11 AM: On the final day of most of these guys visit they spent the morning at Coach Mac's house and had breakfast. Much like last weekend guys were able to hang out and enjoy themselves. Coach Mac's wife took visits down to where a neighbor has some horses and visitors fed them. The visitors leaving on Sunday will be wrapping up their campus visits around 3-4 PM this afternoon. I know Conliffe leaves a little earlier around 2, probably because of weather and him having to fly back.

Sunday 4:45 PM: Made a post down in this thread but wanted to post on here as well

"Have updates up on Nick Smith, DaQuon Green, and Marco Wilson

Waiting on a few others to get back from their travels back home. Here are a few notes I have gathered.

Writing one now on CJ Henderson. The visit went well for them, it gave his whole family a chance to visit UF. In the past only Henderson's dad had been there.

Heading into the visit a source close to Slaton told me that he was all Florida heading into the visit. Florida's staff felt the visit went well but he is still looking to visit UGA this coming weekend and announce on signing day. He is really tough to get in touch with because apparently he doesnt have a working phone and his parents dont either, but should have something on his trip tomorrow.

This weekend was Elijah Conliffe's first time ever at UF, and the staff feels like they hit the visit out of the park. He hung around a lot of Florida's current commits and enjoyed being around them. The staff feels the visit pulled them to 50/50 with Tennessee. He is still looking to lock in a visit this weekend from my quick talk with him on Twitter before he flew home, but Louisville is one he mentioned as a maybe.

Obviously not much to report on guys like Zach Carter, Jake Allen, and Malik Davis. They are rock solid to UF.

Moore was telling me during his time on campus that he was having a great time. Enjoyed being around so many of the current players on the OL. I have not talked with him since he left so I dont know if anything has changed with his possible Auburn visit. I will be speaking to him when he gets home.

Stay tuned for more post visit updates when I have more I will share."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News